Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by Nuwen »

MrSuave: How old are you, and how long have you been playing Mafia?
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by MrSuave »

well I recall in my first game someone had said the third person on a wagon is scummy or something. or was it the fourth.... hm....

well I don't really have an answer for the second question. other than it's pushing a wagon on someone very fast. I just had a bad experience recently when my first day only lasted 4 posts... sorry for being a little careful.
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by MrSuave »

what does my age hav to do with anything?
and my startdate is under my pic. and if you must know, I was never in a noobie game. ever. But I have played RL mafia before this forum mafia. and again, what does that have to do with anything in this game?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:29 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

MrSuave wrote:well I recall in my first game someone had said the third person on a wagon is scummy or something. or was it the fourth.... hm....
Was that person right, in that game?
MrSuave wrote:well I don't really have an answer for the second question. other than it's pushing a wagon on someone very fast. I just had a bad experience recently when my first day only lasted 4 posts... sorry for being a little careful.
With 12 players, it's 7 to lynch. So a 4 post day is impossible.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:18 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

Vote Count (D1)

Nuwen (1) -- geekalicious
Hoopla (1) -- MrSuave
MrSuave (2) -- julienvonwolfe, xRECKONERx
iamausername (2) -- MacavityLock, Hoopla
MacavityLock (1) -- iamausername
ekiM (1) -- Nuwen

Not Voting (4) -- tubby216, SophistricDoctrine, Toro, ekiM

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: 12 NOV 2009 at 5:15 pm UTC (Countdown)
Last edited by HowardRoark on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Nuwen »

MrSuave wrote:what does my age hav to do with anything?
and my startdate is under my pic. and if you must know, I was never in a noobie game. ever. But I have played RL mafia before this forum mafia. and again, what does that have to do with anything in this game?
I asked a question and I expect an answer, not an evasion. Learning fringe information about other players rims their posts with context.

How many games have you played on MS? My search page is doing that refresh blank thing.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:22 pm

Post by ekiM »

Vote: SophisticDoctrine
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:32 am

Post by Toro »

I FOUND SCUM WITH MY ULTIMATE COP POWERZ ON NIGHT ZERO!!!

Vote: Toro
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:43 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Nuwen wrote:
I asked a question and I expect an answer, not an evasion. Learning fringe information about other players rims their posts with context.

How many games have you played on MS? My search page is doing that refresh blank thing.
I played with Suave in what I think is his first game here. I'm dead, he's still alive, so we shouldn't talk about it too much.

However, his playstyle seems consistent with that game, and he's a nightmare to read. He seems to have improved though - he seems to actually be trying to hunt for mafia this time.

And yo, what's up, Toro? Who are your scumbuddies?
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:00 am

Post by MrSuave »

Nuwen wrote:

this is my fifth game. I can understand the start date question, but the age I don't really see why that would be relevant. even for "context" what does age add?
MacavityLock wrote:
MrSuave wrote:well I recall in my first game someone had said the third person on a wagon is scummy or something. or was it the fourth.... hm....
MrSuave wrote:well I don't really have an answer for the second question. other than it's pushing a wagon on someone very fast. I just had a bad experience recently when my first day only lasted 4 posts... sorry for being a little careful.
the game was a theme game, and someone used their power right off the bat, and it ended the day, because someone dies and that's how his power worked.
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:18 am

Post by Nuwen »

MrSuave wrote: but the age I don't really see why that would be relevant.
Because the tone and style of your posts sounds like a gerbil on amphetamines, and your age might reveal whether that's hyperactivity or game-relevant jitters. I'm assuming that since it's such a big deal, you're quite young. That's fine.

I hate self-voting. Like four of my last games have had a self-voter in it. Here's what will happen:
  • Someone will place a vote on Toro, stating that his behavior is anti-town. "If you're town, then you're the only confirmed player in your mind and self-voting is counter to your win condition."
  • Another player will point out the differences between anti-town behavior and scummy behavior.
  • A third person still will chime in that even under the paradigm described by person one, self-voting is also contrary to a scum win condition.
  • Irrelevant to all of the above, someone will do something that's actually scummy. It might be recognized, or it might not be because at least a third of the game is engaged in a discussion that isn't alignment-indicative.
So let's skip right to the someone doing something scummy part.
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:38 am

Post by MrSuave »

well, I'm not young. I was born in the late 80's, so unless you're like... 40ish I'm not "quite young". I just talk in posts the way I do, because that's just that way I type... and I'm pretty much an otaku... but like I said, I don't see why it matters >_>.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:58 am

Post by tubby216 »

MrSuave wrote:well, I'm not young. I was born in the late 80's, so unless you're like... 40ish I'm not "quite young". I just talk in posts the way I do, because that's just that way I type... and I'm pretty much an otaku... but like I said, I don't see why it matters >_>.
you are still a pup. and yes it matters everything in mafia matters.

from your birthdate, to you favorite socks, it all goes in to the the humanity of it and your dendancies, dendanmcies turn to tells, tells tell us who the scum are.

btw way do you only put your garbage out side on collection day eve or do you leave it outside all the time?
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm scum.

Your reaction?
green shirt thursdays
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

MrSuave wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:
the game was a theme game, and someone used their power right off the bat, and it ended the day, because someone dies and that's how his power worked.
Hey look at that, you skipped my first question! Answer it please.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by geekalicious »

Nuwen wrote:Because the tone and style of your posts sounds like a gerbil on amphetamines, and your age might reveal whether that's hyperactivity or game-relevant jitters. I'm assuming that since it's such a big deal, you're quite young. That's fine.
I'm not quite seeing what you can necessarily garner from MrSuave's age... Age doesn't necessarily translate into hyperactivity that could be used to excuse the jitteriness that MrSuave is exhibiting. Additionally, players within the same age range can have totally different levels of composure in the game, so I don't really think age can be counted in weighing scum tells. I think it's the player's personality in general that helps in weighing.
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Who cares about his age or annoying posting style, just as long as contributes and does his best to find scum will be enough. Actually no, lets just policy lynch him.
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:00 pm

Post by Nuwen »

geekalicious wrote:
Nuwen wrote:Because the tone and style of your posts sounds like a gerbil on amphetamines, and your age might reveal whether that's hyperactivity or game-relevant jitters. I'm assuming that since it's such a big deal, you're quite young. That's fine.
I'm not quite seeing what you can necessarily garner from MrSuave's age... Age doesn't necessarily translate into hyperactivity that could be used to excuse the jitteriness that MrSuave is exhibiting. Additionally, players within the same age range can have totally different levels of composure in the game, so I don't really think age can be counted in weighing scum tells. I think it's the player's personality in general that helps in weighing.
I never said the behavior was alignment-indicative, only that I didn't know whether is was specific to this game or a general floozyness. Do you think my inquiry is scummy?

Tubby, why haven't you thrown down a random vote?

Post on one account or don't, Hoopla. I h8h8h8h8 having to knit together two accounts posting when reading in isolation.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:31 pm

Post by tubby216 »

not in the mood to be random in this game

reckoner yur silly
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:21 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Hoopla wrote:Who cares about his age or annoying posting style, just as long as contributes and does his best to find scum will be enough. Actually no, lets just policy lynch him.
That's tempting. However, I feel that he's quite easy to read - do you disagree? (of course, he hasn't flipped in that other game yet).

I would only policy lynch if a player was impossible to read, through pure annoyance and not any sort of skill.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:24 am

Post by tubby216 »

julienvonwolfe wrote:
Hoopla wrote:Who cares about his age or annoying posting style, just as long as contributes and does his best to find scum will be enough. Actually no, lets just policy lynch him.
That's tempting. However, I feel that he's quite easy to read - do you disagree? (of course, he hasn't flipped in that other game yet).

I would only policy lynch if a player was impossible to read, through pure annoyance and not any sort of skill.
being annoying is a true artform, one just doesn't wake up one day and say "gee today i will be annoying" it takes years of hard work and determination.

trust me, or as BM wich ever you prefer
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:44 am

Post by Toro »

xRECKONERx wrote:I'm scum.

Your reaction?
*GASP*
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:17 am

Post by geekalicious »

Nuwen wrote:I never said the behavior was alignment-indicative, only that I didn't know whether is was specific to this game or a general floozyness. Do you think my inquiry is scummy?
Then why did you want to know age if you didn't think it was alignment indicative...? I still don't see how age in particular is related to judging a person's particular posting style. For example, according to MrSuave's information, I'm in the same age range as him. How does that bit of information now help you in analyzing me?
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:52 am

Post by Hoopla »

Nuwen wrote: Post on one account or don't, Hoopla. I h8h8h8h8 having to knit together two accounts posting when reading in isolation.
What are you talking about?
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Nuwen »

Er.

Just kidding about the double account thing, scumchat addled my brain.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”