Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:46 am

Post by Empking »

milkshake wrote:
AlmasterGM wrote:
Messiah wrote:
lobstermania wrote:Note: Replacements did not receive the original role titles, nor were they informed about them.
HowardRoark wrote: When I replaced into this game my role PM included the flavored and standard role name.
Hm. I guess this means we should be lynching HowardRoark? I'm suprised scum would just up and lie like that, though.
No. At most it means that if Looker is town and the mod doesn't clarify we should consider lynching Roark.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:59 am

Post by HowardRoark »

Or there was some change in the way he sent out role PMs between when I replaced into the game and Looker did.

unvote

Let's see what lobstermania has to say.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:39 am

Post by milkshake »

I don't understand... is there something ambiguous or deceptive about this statement?
Note: Replacements did not receive the original role titles, nor were they informed about them.
:?:

I'm not excited about making a scum find on such a technicality-type thing, but...
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:18 am

Post by charlatan »

milkshake seems totally correct. Lobstermania has said replacements did not receive information that Howard explicitly claims to have had, twice invoking that information as a basis for his vote on Looker.

Unvote

Vote: HowardRoark
- [color=navy] charlatan[/color]
[color=maroon]every sermon is not the gospel[/color]
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:49 am

Post by milkshake »

Yeah :?

vote: HowardRoark
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:55 am

Post by Messiah »

Milkshake wrote:I'm suprised scum would just up and lie like that, though.
As am I, but I don't know what else to think.
vote: HowardRoark

Empking, what are you thinking?
It's times like this..
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:00 am

Post by Looker »

No PM reply yet just wanted to know what Hoopla and Almaster think of the situation and whether their thoughts are strong enough to place a vote (on whomever, of course).
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:06 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Is this vote based on lurking, or is there more to it? There are better reasons to vote Peabody today than lurking, especially since nobody is lurking too badly in this game anymore.
Read my new post. I admit the last one was bad.
I find it very odd, for instance, that you would hammer based on a plain vanilla townie claim when you claimed in exactly the same fashion (minus the "ice cream" part.) You said it "did not occur to you" to include your previous flavor when you claimed, but were happy to "verify it" (in a way, kind of artificially claiming it after the fact) for Looker. If you had said you thought it game-breaking or kind of uncool to include your old flavor, I could have gotten behind that. Because, in all honesty, I found it to be both of those things (nothing personal, Empking) -- but you didn't. I find it unlikely that you would just forget something that could very easily confirm you to other vanilla townies.
It honestly didn't occur to me. Seriously, how often do you think about the official title of your role (which you were told to disregard, BTW) when playing a Mini?
My point is that you didn't give any solid reasons for wanting them lynched.
We've been over this. I gave reasons. If you think they were insufficient, there's nothing I can do about that.
While you were tossing out, "Hey let's lynch Peabody because he is annoying," you were also giving us, "liking hiphop less and less." That's gently positioning . . . hammer or not.
Ok.
Because you don't really interact not comment on him.
Selective analysis - I also don't interact with other people lower on my list as well. Moreover, interaction naturally correlates with people you think are more scummy.
Take a look at my post 675. Answer that. Then tell me why you felt the need to claim at L-2 without being asked. (Psssst. That's generally a scum tell.)
It simply didn't occur to me. If you don't believe me, that's fine, but I don't think it's that unintuitive of a statement. As far as the claim at L-2, I don't think it's scummy and I want theoretical justifications for your accusation.
Looker wrote:No PM reply yet just wanted to know what Hoopla and Almaster think of the situation and whether their thoughts are strong enough to place a vote (on whomever, of course).
I think it's lynch-worthy.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Looker »

Whoa, thanks for the speedy reply there, guy!
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Peabody »

I wrote: My current suspicion is Looker.

Two quick observations: (I can go into detail if you would like)

1) NAW's blatent avoidance of the hiphop wagon. I noted this quote earlier in the game.
2) Looker's denial that Empking is confirmed town.
Let me reiterate my case on Looker for those who asked me to explain.

1) Naw avoided the hiphop wagon. Here is the quote that I keep coming back to in my head:
NAW 262 wrote:To me, hiphop has said and done some scummy things, but I can't support a lynch on him yet because i feel that both AGM and Empking are clearly more deserving of a lynch today. My main beef with hiphop is his instance at the uselessness of day 1. To be fair he didn't say it like that, but I think that day one can bear some very useful info, especially later on down the line when we can try to catch scum in contradictions from the past.
Over and over during day one, NAW has been trying to push the wagon away from hiphop. Any reread of Day 1 will note this.

2) Looker's denial of confirmed town is very obvious. Everyone read this and noted it.

-----

Almaster - I'm failing to see why you keep saying I'm lurking.

-----

This game has just changed up very quickly. Here are my thoughts on what has happened so far:

Looker claimed "town"... just "town"... People have been saying this confirms town, but unfortunately it looks like wishful thinking to me. All the flips have been "town" or "mafia". No further detail is involved. Looker is
NOT
cleared in my book.

Howard's claim that flavor came to replacements while the mod denies it was a horrible scum slip on his part. Howard jumped higher than Looker in scumminess.

unvote; vote HowardRoark

Claim.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by lobstermania »

Upon review, HowardRoark did receive both role titles. This was my fault, due to inconsistencies with role PMs after the titles changes. Due to outing HowardRoark's role, the Town will move immediately into Night Three with no day kills. Night actions must be sent in by Wednesday, November 25th by 8:00pm (PST).

I apologize for this confusion and I appreciate your patience and understanding while I figure out the kinks of moderating my first game.

Good Night!
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:13 am

Post by lobstermania »

While all aspects of sense and logic were slipping away, Night Three was a (relatively) peaceful night. When everyone gathered in the space kitchen to brew their coffee and tea, they seemed awfully small. Two people were missing.
Upon examination of his room, the group was able to find most of Empking. While there are no woodchippers in outerspace, it seems the mafia tried to shove his body through a cuisinart.
Further down the hall HowardRoarks body lay peacefully in his bed. It seems he drifted off to sleep and never woke up. (I have mod-killed HowardRoark since I outed his alignment at the end of Day Three.)

Empking
-
Town
has been cuisinarted
HowardRoark
-
Town
has been mod-killed

It is now Day Four. There are seven players still alive which means it takes four votes to lynch.

Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by Looker »

O, how clever.

vote milkshake
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:25 pm

Post by charlatan »

Looker wrote:O, how clever.

vote milkshake
Can you explain? If you think something is self-evident, humor me, because I don't get it.
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:19 am

Post by Looker »

I believe a vote from me on Almaster would be succumbing to the WIFOM of Empking's death and feel more confident voting Milkshake than anyone else at the moment. My apologies for
appearing
self-sufficient.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:21 am

Post by Looker »

Nice work to the scum, tho, btw, for eluding us for this long. Unless, of course, it's Peabody, in which case you were next on my list anyway, followed by Almaster; however, if the mafia are amongst Charlatan, Messiah, and Hoopla, then congrats in completely fooling me.
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:30 am

Post by Messiah »

Looker: Stop voting confirmed town, it isn't helpful.

vote: peabody
It's times like this..
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:43 am

Post by Looker »

We'll meet somewhere in the middle.
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by charlatan »

Looker wrote:I believe a vote from me on Almaster would be succumbing to the WIFOM of Empking's death and feel more confident voting Milkshake than anyone else at the moment. My apologies for
appearing
self-sufficient.
How does Empking's death have anything to do with Almaster and WIFOM? I just assumed they'd kill a confirmed.
Messiah wrote:Looker: Stop voting confirmed town, it isn't helpful.

vote: peabody
Criticize Looker, unexplained vote on Peabody? What is with you guys and bizarre votes you don't bother to explain today?

By the way:
Vote: Looker
for still having a weird attitude re: confirmed players and trying to keep them viable lynches this close to the endgame.
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by Messiah »

@charlatan: Why do you consider Peabody a bizarre vote? What do you make of Looker knowing the VT role name was "Town"?
It's times like this..
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by Looker »

milkshake's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1968909#1968909]Post 625[/url] wrote:Wow great, I just searched the whole thread and I couldn't find any reason Empking would know that the name of the VT role
before
the de-theme-ing was "Passive Astronaut." Of course, the whole reason the game wasn't supposed to be themed is so that this kind of flavor thing wouldn't happen. :roll:

unvote
and please please please tell me ASAP if I'm missing something.
- I don't see how the above confirms anything; he didn't verify knowledge of the Passive Astronaut role nor did he denounce it. He only stated confusion as to where Empking got the title from.
milkshake's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1979150#1979150]Post 696[/url] wrote:Well Looker isn't a vanilla townie, that's for certain.

Peabody I'm pretty sure is scum.
- Though this strikes me as fishing, I see the second statement becoming more and more plausible with each passing day. I was dubious of the situation when I first replaced in and assessed the wagon, but thought nothing of it because it was only the second day. Now, though, it's entirely possible that HipHop and Peabody pulled a successful gambit.
milkshake's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1980162#1980162]Post 720[/url] wrote:Correct, according to the de-theming PM, my role name was switched to simply "town." And the mafia it discusses are no longer space crazed.
- I received no reference of "space crazed" anything. Did anyone else?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by Looker »

I mean, he
has
been on all the lynching bandwagons since D1. (Excluding yesterday, of course, in which there was no lynch)
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by Messiah »

Looker wrote:I don't see how the above confirms anything; he didn't verify knowledge of the Passive Astronaut role nor did he denounce it. He only stated confusion as to where Empking got the title from.
It seemed fairly clear to me that he intended to confirm the role name, though I suppose you're technically correct.
It's times like this..
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:40 pm

Post by Looker »

lobstermania's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1902566#1902566]Post 7[/url] wrote:The rules have been edited: the Mafia may use their quicktopic during the confirmation stage of the game.
- I believe the modus operandi for this game could have been "Bus like Hell, they can't catch us all." In which case I could understand the Peabody vote and any suspicions flung his way, seeing as, like I said in my last post, he's been on every lynching wagon since Day 1.
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:37 pm

Post by charlatan »

Messiah wrote:@charlatan: Why do you consider Peabody a bizarre vote? What do you make of Looker knowing the VT role name was "Town"?
I don't think the Peabody vote was bizarre. I think it's bizarre to not explain it at all and to only bother mentioning someone unrelated in your post.

I also think anyone reading the game would know that the VT role name is "Town", since it was revealed as early as CooLDoG's flip.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”