Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Chaco »

Amished wrote:Under what circumstances later in the game would "allow" Net to use his shot?
Whenever he wants to, at a later time than N1. As I've said, and as you've ignored.

FoS: Amished
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:45 am

Post by Chaco »

(Side Note: Saber can die, he replaced into other games meaning he only replaced out of this one as a means to cop out because it wasn't going good for him. That's seriously one of the most annoying things I've ever seen.)
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:46 am

Post by Amished »

Yes, but you don't provide reasoning. You've stated that you think 3 townies are too much to lose in 1 night. I'm not going to go into a stupid argument saying "how do you know so and so is town" but what I am saying is how will we *know* that anybody else is scum later in the game?

The scum are always going to kill a townie. That's irrelevant and part of the game. Why shouldn't we use our vig now to help confirmed Net, get rid of a suspect (like you know, we do with our lynch) and not potentially lose us the game now?

I know our opinions differ, and frankly I don't give a shit. I want you to back up your opinion with more than "I think we should wait" because that's far from convincing. I've used math and a point that it will help us to confirm a "sketchy" claim.

Use some backing, I know we don't agree. FFS is that that hard to understand? I want you to provide evidence to back up your point as I'm *not* just going to trust your judgement or anything. To then FOS over such a weak point shows that you're not paying attention either.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:51 am

Post by Chaco »

12-3= 9 (What will happen, regardless of alignment.)
12-4= 8 (Potentially could happen, depending on SK if there is one.)

The second potential, is why I'd rather wait. Because, there is the option of a third party killing role. And if that is the case, we have to assume that all townies could die. So, we'd be down to: 4/5 Townies, 2/3 Scum, 1 Third Party.

I seriously doubt that there is an SK, I'd rather not risk it though.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:35 am

Post by Amished »

/headdesk

3 killing roles in a small theme. o.k.

Regardless; we'll take your worst case scenario.

12-4 = 8

With 2 anti-town killing roles, the mafia only have 2 people. 1 SK, 3 scum, 5 townies.

One of the townies is basically confirmed by claiming who they killed (and doing what they were directed). 4 "unknown" townies + 3 scum remain. With 2 killing roles, there's more town power roles, so they can be confirmed town as well (and either clear or condemn somebody). Say they can't condemn anybody, but confirmed somebody else. 2 "unknown" townies + 3 scum. I'll take odds like that to hit scum multiple days in a row.

However, I contest that 3 killing roles (even if one is a 1 shot) is unbalanced.

12 people start:

2 scum, 1 sk, 1 1-shot vig; will assume that they shoot townies every night.

T S SK
9 2 1 D1
8 2 1 (first mislynch)
5 2 1 (all shoot, hit townies)
4 2 1 (2nd mislynch, D2)
2 2 1 (N2, S and SK shoot and hit townies)

2 mislynches and we're in a lylo that needs cooperation with an SK to pull it off. That's not balanced and no competent mod relys on crosskilling to balance their game as smart scum try to avoid crosskills.

I would appreciate it if you would *stop* fear-mongering to stop the Vig from killing.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:41 am

Post by Chaco »

Who will he target tonight then? No clear target. Random shots are not good for clearing one person.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:52 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

3 killing roles in a small theme. o.k.
Is that too many?

/me gets nervous thinking of other games she's made...

In all seriousness though, I argue that 3 killing roles can be easily balanced.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:25 am

Post by Chaco »

So in accordance, there is a balance. But it is risky to lose potentially 4 people in a cycle. That's why he should wait.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:34 am

Post by Konowa »

Thought on the matter before I go back and read.

I would rather Net shoot N1 and hit town, then Net shoot any other night and hit town. If he is going to miss, miss early and eliminate the suspect pool. I do not see why this is such a big deal.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Chaco »

Alright, whatever. I see no one viable for him to shoot at the time. From what I can tell though, Amished wants: Lynch Saber, Vig Looker
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:41 am

Post by Konowa »

Also.

unvote;
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:07 am

Post by Amished »

Chaco wrote:Alright, whatever. I see no one viable for him to shoot at the time. From what I can tell though, Amished wants: Lynch Saber, Vig Looker
Pretty much.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:16 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Ok, I see the point Amished is making now and I say we should go for it! We have nothing to lose (well, except a townie but thats expected) and we gain a free clear and a possible dead scum.
Chaco wrote:Alright, whatever. I see no one viable for him to shoot at the time. From what I can tell though, Amished wants: Lynch Saber, Vig Looker
I'm cool with this.

The only thing that could go wrong with this whole thing is, what if there is no vig and Neto is sctually a SK? His normal killing can be passed off as a vig kill, he's going to look guilty when copped, and the bulletproof could be a specail power he has or he just doesn't want to be killed by maf.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:19 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The only thing that could go wrong with this whole thing is, what if there is no vig and Neto is sctually a SK? His normal killing can be passed off as a vig kill, he's going to look guilty when copped, and the bulletproof could be a specail power he has or he just doesn't want to be killed by maf.
Isn't he one shot?
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:40 am

Post by Chaco »

Yes, he is.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:15 am

Post by Netopalis »

Hey, guys, sorry, I've been rather delinquent...I'll catch up today and make a post.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:53 am

Post by Netopalis »

Ok...Yes, I am one-shot. The one-shot only applies to the vig, not to the NK immunity.

I'm not going to use my vig N1. I think that the arguments for me using it are rather weak and flippant - Yeah, sure, we lose a townie. Big whoop. I honestly can't believe I'm hearing that....It makes 10X more sense to use it later when there is more information and when I have a reasonable suspicion of another player. In general, day 1 lynches are crapshoots anyway.

My thoughts on players:
Amished - I think that he is drastically reducing the complexity of this game to absurdity. There is no freaking way that we can kill 3 townies a night and win this game. Sure, the game is balanced. That also means that there's a reasonable chance that non-scum factions will win as well - being balanced doesn't mean a cakewalk for the town.

Furthermore, I don't care much for his attackish nature. He seems rather like a berserker, charging into battle and cleaving at who he can, but I think that some of the attacks are more spurious than others. I particularly think that his case on DB is rather weak - I'm not saying that DB is necessarily town or scum, just that I don't see a very good case against him for a lynch today.

In re: the Sabre lynch: Seems like a reasonable choice, as we'd lynch him if he wasn't being replaced. Let's just save everyone the trouble, especially since his position looks very scummy to me.

I'm getting a fairly strong town-read on Chaco and Forbiddanlight, more of a gut than anything else.

Looker is another decent possibility for the lynch, but given the two, I think I'd rather go ahead and get rid of Saber for convenience's sake.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:55 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm not going to use my vig N1. I think that the arguments for me using it are rather weak and flippant - Yeah, sure, we lose a townie. Big whoop. I honestly can't believe I'm hearing that....It makes 10X more sense to use it later when there is more information and when I have a reasonable suspicion of another player. In general, day 1 lynches are crapshoots anyway.
If we lynch either saber or doombunny, and they are scum, will you vig the other?
-StrangerCoug

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by Netopalis »

In that case I might make an exception, because I would have a decent reason for using it. While I think the link is tenuous, it would be extremely valuable to catch scum earlier. I'd have to think hard about it....That being said, I'd rather not say in thread definitely who and when I'm targeting, just in case of a mafia doctor.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

In that case I might make an exception, because I would have a decent reason for using it. While I think the link is tenuous, it would be extremely valuable to catch scum earlier. I'd have to think hard about it....That being said, I'd rather not say in thread definitely who and when I'm targeting, just in case of a mafia doctor.
I...guess that's understandable.
-StrangerCoug

kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

Unvote

Seems like a reasonable claim. Furthers my belief that we should not be lynching Saber without a claim. I think its odd that Net is hesitant to shoot early, but willing to carry through the Saber lynch without a claim. It would basically be akin to a day-vig shot in that regard, so the thought process seems a bit incongruent.

Mod: Requesting replacement for Saberwolf. If this requires a deadline extension then I request that as well.

Working on it.

The main push against Saber/Doom was the implication that they were scum together. With Doom's claim, it seems as though it would be logical fallacy to continue pursuing Saber based on this. Understandably, the buddying may have been mutual, but my interpretation was that Doom was more guilty in the buddying department and I was willing to lynch DB as scum buddying to scum, or scum buddying to town. As it stands, I think Doom's claim weakens the case on Saber. I would much rather get a replacements take on the game in the player slot, than simply lynch them and hope they are not a power role. According to the flavor of this game, I would assume there are some fantastic powers on both sides of the coin.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mod: Requesting replacement for Saberwolf. If this requires a deadline extension then I request that as well.
Saber was replaced by SSK

No he wasn't. Archon was.
-StrangerCoug

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by Amished »

Uhh, DB claimed btw, I would hope not without a counter claim...

No, my name is not "Ed."
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Saber was replaced by SSK
Archon was replaced by SSK, Saber is unreplaced as of yet.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Archon was replaced by SSK, Saber is unreplaced as of yet.
Oops.
-StrangerCoug

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”