Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:25 pm

Post by Herodotus »

* (the rule giving the scum the win if townies don't post)
joe478
joe478
Goon
joe478
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:34 pm

Post by joe478 »

Sorry, I will summarise Zaz's posts when I have time, but i'm not sure when that will be.
[Insert something smart or funny here]
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:34 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

Back. Content coming soon, after dad leaves hospital.
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by Archon »

Dear scummers. I recently had a family issue. posts and catch up soon.
Now modding Vengeful Mafia
pronounced ark-on
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:16 am

Post by Herodotus »

There isn't anything to say until others are here.

joe478, are you sure that you have the time for this game?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:25 am

Post by charter »

Vote iamausername all!
Hear from me again in a day.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:45 am

Post by iamausername »

charter wrote:I don't see why, because I unvoted him, that stops you from pressuring him. Before you planned on hammering him, but after I called you out on it, you're not even voting him.
Keyblade has already shown that being at L-1 alone is not enough pressure to make him contribute, which is why I threatened to hammer him in the first place. I could vote him now, but unless you or joe have any intention of hammering, I don't believe it would actually make a difference.
Herodotus wrote:Based on the activity rule for scum, and their activity levels, IAUN and Joe would appear to be pretty confident that Charter and I are not the scumteam.
Had a busy weekend, but yes, I think that is unlikely.

As long as Keyblade and Zaz/joe are not posting anything relevant, this game is going nowhere.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:31 am

Post by Herodotus »

I'm already voting him, so I can't hammer. Joe is a mystery. 12Keyblade has no way of knowing whether Joe would hammer, unless they are scumbuddies, so that would be some strong pressure. But on the other hand, the pressure is better than the hammer. I suppose we have to wait, anyways.
joe478
joe478
Goon
joe478
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:57 am

Post by joe478 »

Herodotus wrote:joe478, are you sure that you have the time for this game?
Nope, sorry.

Vote 12KB
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:58 am

Post by charter »

Have you read the game at least? Or are you just voting for the sake of voting?
joe478
joe478
Goon
joe478
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:01 am

Post by joe478 »

Probably a bit of both
[Insert something smart or funny here]
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:04 am

Post by charter »

Can you request replacement or something if you're not really going to try? The game isn't even five pages, it should take like 30 minutes to read... Add another ten minutes of effort and you'll be caught up.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:49 am

Post by iamausername »

Well, now that Keyblade is back at L-1, I guess I should threaten him with a hammer again. But given that joe has done the exact opposite of overwhelming me with his townieness, I'm not sure I particularly want to.

Keyblade, if you post again without giving useful content, I might decide to hammer, but then again, I might not. If you want to take that risk, that's your choice.
charter wrote:No, if you were town, you wouldn't be offering deals. Hammering,
discussing with everyone else
, really anything else.
Let me go back to this. If, instead of threatening to hammer Keyblade, I had said something along the lines of "Hey everybody, I am considering hammering Keyblade, what do you think about that?" you would consider that to be more of a town move?
What are you smoking?
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:54 am

Post by Herodotus »

unvote
Charter wrote: Can you request replacement or something if you're not really going to try?
Good question.

Preview Edit:
Sorry IAUN. I may revote 12KB, including hammering. But Joe's vote makes me unhappy.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:19 am

Post by charter »

iaun wrote:"Hey everybody, I am considering hammering Keyblade, what do you think about that?"
I certainly would. If you were town, and you spedhammered like that, and the person you hammered was town, who do you think they would vig? Granted, 12Key has done nothing to show he's town and you look scummy as hell, but a hammer on page four or whatever would be meh at best.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:49 am

Post by Herodotus »

:( :x :cry:
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:30 am

Post by Herodotus »

Here's an idea:
There's very little chance that 12KB and Joe are both town. We could lynch one and if the lynchee is town, insist* that they vig the other.
On day 2, we have one dead scum, and one dead townie if we're unlucky. Or maybe we will be lynching the GF today, and win. But we will definitely be rid of one or both players who are trying to be anti-town.
So, we could choose randomly between the two, or decide which is scummier...
Could I get opinions on this plan *before* we try to decide which of them would be a better lynch?

@12KB: I don't mean to be insensitive to your family issues. But you've been inactive since the game started, long before your V/LA. And you have refused to let yourself be replaced.

* Not that we can control it, but
come on
. It should be obvious that if one is town, the other is scum. And if the scumteam is Charter/IAUN, then they more or less deserve the win.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:37 am

Post by Herodotus »

@Mod: does the first rule mean that the scum cannot daytalk at all, and couldn't communicate pre-game?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:58 am

Post by charter »

I dunno, it's good in theory, but I really have no clue if they would actually follow through with it. I can't support it since I'm not confident they would if we lynch one and they are town.

Request replacement for both 12Key and joe

Neither is posting much, neither has posted pretty much the whole game. Prods aren't working, they just post once or twice, then disappear again.
What date/time is deadline?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by iamausername »

charter wrote:If you were town, and you spedhammered like that, and the person you hammered was town, who do you think they would vig?
Well done, you have successfully answered the question of why I didn't just straight up hammer Keyblade without comment (which, if you'll recall, was one of the possibilities you listed as a more likely town approach than my quote unquote deal).

You have yet to explain why "HAY EVERYONE, SHOULD I HAMMER KEYBLADE? Y/N" is more of a town approach than "Keyblade, post or perish".
Herodotus wrote:There's very little chance that 12KB and Joe are both town. We could lynch one and if the lynchee is town, insist* that they vig the other.
Hero, herein lies the problem with your idea:

From your [hypotown] point of view (and from mine, and from charter's), yes, it is very unlikely that both joe and Keyblade are town. There's only one possible scumpair that doesn't include them. So, for those of us who don't die according to the plan, it's a very attractive prospect.

From the [hypotown] point of view of joe or Keyblade though, it's not particularly unlikely that both of them are town, since one of them is certainly town, and there are three people urging them to shoot the other. If you were in that situation, where would you look for two scum? The one guy you're being urged to shoot, or the three guys urging you to shoot him?
charter wrote:
Request replacement for both 12Key and joe
this, this, a thousand times this
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:24 pm

Post by Herodotus »

It's not the possible scumpairs that have me convinced they're not likely to both be town. It's the large degree of effort they are both putting into not posting. Why would they both
try so hard
to say absolutely nothing... as town?

Your point about a lynched townie seeing three players asking them to vig the fifth player could be valid... but I still see an approximately 60% chance of a scum lynch, and a decent chance that a lynched townie could figure it out.

@Charter:
The deadline is in the first post.
Deadline For Day 1
9/27/09 @ 4:00pm Pacific
I will extend the deadline if I see fit.
I'm hoping the point of the deadline is to spark activity, and not to punish us if we need more time.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by charter »

user wrote:Well done, you have successfully answered the question of why I didn't just straight up hammer Keyblade without comment (which, if you'll recall, was one of the possibilities you listed as a more likely town approach than my quote unquote deal).

You have yet to explain why "HAY EVERYONE, SHOULD I HAMMER KEYBLADE? Y/N" is more of a town approach than "Keyblade, post or perish".
Ok... The thing I thought was scummy about it was the threat/deal, not the fact that you didn't just speedhammer. I listed other options (discussing with everyone) that you wanted to lynch one of them which I felt would be more protown as well.

I think the post or perish approach leaves an incredibly easy (though apparantly not) out if 12key is scum, which makes your threat/deal absolutely meaningless, which I said originally with 'it looks like fake suspicion'. I guess in hindsight, I could have waited until 12key posted, and then made that post and tried to get it in before you, since then I could see his next post before I unvoted, but that also seems pretty risky.

I think the deadline is dumb, since we have players refusing/unable to post, and it needs to be extended, or I see this game coming down to mostly chance, which would piss me off.
joe478
joe478
Goon
joe478
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:08 pm

Post by joe478 »

Herodotus wrote:Here's an idea:
There's very little chance that 12KB and Joe are both town. We could lynch one and if the lynchee is town, insist* that they vig the other.
On day 2, we have one dead scum, and one dead townie if we're unlucky. Or maybe we will be lynching the GF today, and win. But we will definitely be rid of one or both players who are trying to be anti-town.
So, we could choose randomly between the two, or decide which is scummier...
Could I get opinions on this plan *before* we try to decide which of them would be a better lynch?

* Not that we can control it, but
come on
. It should be obvious that if one is town, the other is scum. And if the scumteam is Charter/IAUN, then they more or less deserve the win.
Your idea isn't a bd one but if 12KB is also town then we lose.

And you didn't mention the fact you could be scum.

So if you lynch me today you want me to vig 12KB?
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:31 am

Post by Herodotus »

No. Not if you're scum (which you also didn't mention - nor would I expect you to.) If you're scum, you won't get to make a vig kill. But if you are town, then 12KB is very likely scum.

My alignment isn't relevant. It's very likely that at least one of you is scum. You can hypothesize that one of you is scum with me if you'd like, but I still want to eliminate whichever of you is scum.
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:23 am

Post by Archon »

Deadline is three days.
Joe, post more.
12Key will be replaced, and I will increase the deadline if the new player wants me to
Deadline is posted on first post
The mafia are not able to talk in any way. you guys are all paranoid.
Now modding Vengeful Mafia
pronounced ark-on

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”