afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:27 pm

Post by afatchic »

Toro wrote:I switch quicklynches and random lynches because in the way I understand, it's the SAME FLIPPING THING. Lynch w/o info = quicklynch. Lynch w/o info = randomlynch/
QuickLynch=Premature lynch, or fast lynch
Random lynch= Lynch occur off some random votes. I.E. a Lynch from the RVS. Or a lynch based on no information for no reason other than to lynch someone.

Those are my thoughts on that.
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:10 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Vote count 1.b

Netlava [2]: jasonT1981, Toro

afatchic [1]: Haylen
Zachrulez [1]:CSL
Toro [1]: afatchic

Not voting [2]: Zachrulez, Netlava

With
players alive it takes
to lynch

Deadline: Wednesday 23rd of September at midnight CST.

afatchic's V/AL is noted. Have a happy b'day
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:26 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

wow, come back to a lot to read, I notice my vote got alot of tongues wagging, Well good... I thought most people would see the funny side of my vote

Netlava asked if anyone was up for a quick lynch so I said sure, and voted her to be ironic. Take that as you will, I knew a quick lynch would not happen in the RVS anyway...

Not to happy doing a random lynch though, I have always preferred to go by in game talk rather than random lynch, especially in such a small game where a mislynch and successful night kill will put us at Lynch or Lose.

the fact Netlava has not taken this into consideration upon suggesting a random lynch as a plan all be it even as a backup plan is quite interesting though.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:45 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Netlava wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:Why do you prefer shorter days?
Longer days lead to more boring games which lead to inactivity which lead to apathy = bad for town.

I am very uneasy with this statement, almost as if Netlava here does not want discussion and wants a short day, what possible reason would a town member have for suggesting a quick day, where information could be missed? - None

What possible reason could scum? - every
Toro wrote:So you will take quicklynches as a back-up option yet you wish for a short day...

I think you might soon get your wish...

Unvote
Vote: Netlava
agreed and very understandable vote here.
Netlava wrote:I agree. Toro's vote seemed like an intentional misinterpretation of my points. I'm waiting to see how he arrived at that conclusion, though.
I don't actually see how it is a misinterpretation... you suggested quick lynch and random lynch, both work against the town more than they work for the town.
Netlava wrote:It was a joke intended to elicit a reaction. I made it clear afterwards that I don't actually support a quicklynch.
you call for it, yet when I vote for you joking about making a quick lynch you jump all over me? how does that sit?
Netlava wrote:
Unvote, vote: Toro
OMGUS!!!
Toro wrote:Quicklynch, Random Lynch, to me it sounds as if you just want to play russian roulette with your 'fellow' townmembers.
wait... fellow townmembers... you would have to know he is town to make such a statement, there is only one way you could know he is town and playing russian roulette with his 'fellow' town members and that is if you are scum and know he is town.

HOS:Toro

Netlava wrote:You don't think there's a difference between quicklynch or random lynch?

A random lynch is not an inferior strategy to a non-random lynch. Townie reads aren't perfect, either.

A quicklynch is an inferior strategy.
both are inferiour stratagy for town to do.... causes more harm than it does good.
Netlava wrote:The assumption is that power roles claim like they're supposed to if they meet an unlucky roll.
role fishing for power roles here maybe? you want a quick lynch to out possible power roles is how I read this... noted for future reference.
Netlava wrote:Btw, do you think that random lynches & quicklynches are equivalently inferior?
both are completly dumb in a 7 player game where we would be in a Lynch or lose scanario
Netlava wrote:I think a random lynch ends up with more info in the end.
I am really beginning to think your lynch will end up giving us more info, how would ANY random lynch give us information, maybe you just want to take a chance to lynch a power role?
Zachrulez wrote:
Netlava wrote:I think a random lynch ends up with more info in the end.
See, now that's the confusing part for me.

I don't see how randomly lynching gives you more information when less discussion results from it.
exactly

Right now I am happy with my vote, it seems Netlaa wants to get a lynch done and dusted as quickly as possible or at least out a power role in waggoning a quick lynch. His play is very anti-town whatever way you look at it. But Toro's 'fellow townmembers' comment alarms me as a possile slip, maybe im looking at it wrong but I see it like that
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:06 am

Post by afatchic »

I see nothing wrong with NetLava's statement that really long days are bad for everyone. When people force themselves to stick to the tradition that you must have long days, the game gets boring, people lose interest, and people start to flake. With that said, i don't think he meant that he wanted to end the day now, or make a quick lynch, atleast thats what i am saying. I think more or less he meant that dragging a day out is bad for a game, and i see nothing wrong with that statement, which is most of the reason he is under pressure at the moment.
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:41 am

Post by Toro »

Jason wrote:wait... fellow townmembers... you would have to know he is town to make such a statement, there is only one way you could know he is town and playing russian roulette with his 'fellow' town members and that is if you are scum and know he is town.

HOS:Toro

Jason, notice that I wrote 'fellow' not fellow. When I wrote that I was saying that
if
he was a town player then why would he be taking a larger chance at killing some of his other town-aligned partners then taking out scum?

I wasn't saying he is a townmember, because I completely believe he isn't.
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:48 am

Post by CSL »

Well...it seems the RVS is over, so I'm just going to
unvote
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:16 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

CSL wrote:Well...it seems the RVS is over, so I'm just going to
unvote
I think its well and truly over, care to add anything more to your unvote? any thoughts, theories?

I find it hard to believe you just unvote without commenting on anything else that has happened
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:37 am

Post by CSL »

@ jason: Give me time, I just woke up.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:05 am

Post by Toro »

CSL wrote:@ jason: Give me time, I just woke up.
You just woke up now? Or 13 hours ago?

*raises eyebrow*
Show

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:05 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

How much more time do you need?
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by Toro »

Y'know, for someone with full access on weekends he's certainly dodging the questions.

Time for an in-game prod!

Unvote
Vote: CSL
Show

Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by Netlava »

Alright, I'm going to have to explain this concept here, it's called RANDOM. That means that even though town might get lynched, scum might get lynched too (gasp).

That said, I don't really care for random lynching. I made it clear from point A that's it's called a BACK-UP option. Meaning, I prefer to lynch who I find suspicious, as soon as I do find someone suspicious.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:04 pm

Post by Netlava »

jason wrote:you call for it, yet when I vote for you joking about making a quick lynch you jump all over me? how does that sit?
I didn't jump all over you. I pointed out my initial impression of you, which I also happened to call an "initial impression."
jason wrote:I am really beginning to think your lynch will end up giving us more info, how would ANY random lynch give us information, maybe you just want to take a chance to lynch a power role?
How would my lynch give more info than any other lynch?
jason wrote:I don't actually see how it is a misinterpretation... you suggested quick lynch and random lynch, both work against the town more than they work for the town.
A quicklynch and a random lynch are 2 different things.
Toro wrote:So you will take quicklynches as a back-up option yet you wish for a short day...
Would you agree that having "quicklynches" in the above quote instead of "random lynches" sounds worse?
Toro wrote:Random/Quick Lynch: A lynch w/o much info. You want to off a power role go ahead, be my guest.
How would a random/quick lynch off a power role more so than any other lynch?
Toro wrote:When I wrote that I was saying that if he was a town player then why would he be taking a larger chance at killing some of his other town-aligned partners then taking out scum?
...Because I don't know who my town-aligned partners are?
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:07 pm

Post by Netlava »

Toro wrote:Y'know, for someone with full access on weekends he's certainly dodging the questions.

Unvote
Prodding inactives is good and all, but I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "dodging the questions."
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:09 am

Post by Netlava »

Heh, I think it's funny CSL "just woke up" 6 hours after he posts.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:12 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Mod note: CSL is V/LA until Wed. With the holiday weekend I will check for prods starting tomorrow.

Carry on.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:58 am

Post by Toro »

Netlava wrote:
Toro wrote:Y'know, for someone with full access on weekends he's certainly dodging the questions.

Unvote
Prodding inactives is good and all, but I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "dodging the questions."
By that I meant just not showing up at all.
Netlava wrote:Would you agree that having "quicklynches" in the above quote instead of "random lynches" sounds worse?

Both are equally bad, haven't we gone over this?
Netlava wrote:How would a random/quick lynch off a power role more so than any other lynch?

Because they wouldn't get the chance to claim to save themself.
Netlava wrote:...Because I don't know who my town-aligned partners are?
Let me clarify what I meant here, by partners I just meant like other townmembers. Wasn't saying you were a mason or anything though.
Show

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:06 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I am interested in hearing more from CSL and Haylen. I'm kinda stuck here in limbo while I wait for that to happen.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:23 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Netlava wrote:
jason wrote:you call for it, yet when I vote for you joking about making a quick lynch you jump all over me? how does that sit?
I didn't jump all over you. I pointed out my initial impression of you, which I also happened to call an "initial impression."
I beg to differ... you even named me as your top suspect
Netlava wrote:

Anyways, atm jason is my top suspect. Jason's "sure" gives me a weird feeling. Almost like he secretly wants me to get quicklynched.
Netlava wrote:Yeah, that's what jason's vote looks like and what it's likely to be. But at the same time, it doesn't really discount the idea of a quicklynch, even though that's what he's voting me for (presumably jokingly, of course). That's why I get a bad initial impression of it.

Netlava wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:I was hoping for more of a reaction to it.
Jason's vote is the one that felt weird to me.
So yea, I see that as all over me....
that was over 24 hours ago.....
Netlava wrote:Alright, I'm going to have to explain this concept here, it's called RANDOM. That means that even though town might get lynched, scum might get lynched too (gasp).

That said, I don't really care for random lynching. I made it clear from point A that's it's called a BACK-UP option. Meaning, I prefer to lynch who I find suspicious, as soon as I do find someone suspicious.
I think its best we lynch on evidence, I will point this out AGAIN

RANDOM LYNCH IN A 7 PLAYER GAME WILL PUT US AT LYNCH OR LOSE!!!!!

But you already have me as your top suspect, so instead of spouting this crap on random lynches why have you not started to build your case against me? after all I am your top suspect and already have found me suspicious?
Sotty7 wrote:
Mod note: CSL is V/LA until Wed. With the holiday weekend I will check for prods starting tomorrow.

Carry on.
fair enough, I will wait until he returns to pressure him some more

Netlava, you have me as your top suspect, you say you want to lynch suspicious people...well if I am your top suspect I ask you then to start building your case on me... Stop with this random lynch crap once and for all and realize it is a retarted option only benifiting scum
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:38 am

Post by Netlava »

jasonT wrote:I beg to differ... you even named me as your top suspect
It was at the start of the game. But I didn't vote you at the time.
jasonT wrote:RANDOM LYNCH IN A 7 PLAYER GAME WILL PUT US AT LYNCH OR LOSE!!!!!
So will mislynching...

And a random lynch might also hit scum.
jasonT wrote:But you already have me as your top suspect, so instead of spouting this crap on random lynches why have you not started to build your case against me? after all I am your top suspect and already have found me suspicious?
Why do you think I haven't started to build a case on you? (curious)
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:38 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I must also point out, I find it funny I am mentioned as his top suspect he has yet to even put a
FOS,
let alone a vote on me...

weird eh?
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:39 am

Post by Netlava »

What's weird about that? Or is there a pattern here? :roll:
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:40 am

Post by Haylen »

I'm rereading. Sorry, been busy.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:41 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Sim post with Netlava there, I don't know why you have not started to build a case on me? maybe you don't think there is a strong enough one? anyhow, as your suspicion on me was, as you say at the beginning of the game who would you say is your top suspects now?

Yes, so will mis-lynching put us at LyoL however it would give us more info (due to generated discussion in day 1) than a random lynch as you are basically playing Russian rolloute

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”