charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:01 am

Post by charter »

Phew!
I was sweating bullets when day five started with Porkens's vote right out of the gate on me. I KNEW he would figure me out if we let him live, but we opted to kill Sotty instead since she was suspicious of Sigma and the plan was to lynch imaginality.

Comments about the setup, I thought this was MASSIVELY stacked against the town. The cop was able to really hurt town with framing and the godfather, and it would be difficult for the cop to get a guilty on a member of the mafia. I think Cathart did about as good of job as he could have done in the situation with TMJ being lynched day one. Plus, there was the survivor, which normally acts as a bonus scum member. Not really sure what Pops was doing claiming doc, since that will guaranteed get you nightkilled, needed to claim vanilla and then weasel your way out of a lynch.
Plus, Sigma gave me the skinny on what Cruciare was thinking, which probably helped me out a bunch.
All in all, it worked out really well for the town, lynch the framer day one, then the survivor gets NK'ed. Not sure what a better scenario going in to day two would have been, but the game could easily have been lost for town at that point.

Great job Sigma! I kept refreshing the page every 30 seconds worrying that you were going to log off. PHEW.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:05 am

Post by Ojanen »

Well done scum.
Can we see the mafia quicktopic?
I generally prefer replacing into games to starting as an original, but one drawback is that it's slightly irritating when you catch up a bunch, get a big scumread and case up on a guilty playerslot and then get offed before managing a real impact. Had no clue about sigma, however.

Great job on the flavor, RedCoyote!
Did I deduce correctly that the mafia had the vanilla pm from beginning but the cop didn't?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:07 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Congrats to the scum team.

I have taught you well Sigma... 8-)
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:17 am

Post by charter »

http://quicktopic.com/43/H/YGXFn7QZrDbf
That's the quicktopic.

We didn't have a vanilla pm from the start, at least I didn't. I was pm'ed it sometime in the middle of day two. I think day two did end a little prematurely, but I'm not sure the outcome would have been any different.

There really wasn't any ulterior motives behind our night kills. Kill those suspicious of us and the cop.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:18 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I hope y'all enjoyed it. I've definitely learned a lot from my first modded game here. For one thing, I don't think I will ever be putting flavor in PMs ever again. I felt so embarrassed when DRK caught me on that. The worst thing about it was, I thought that I had solved the problem of having people use their PMs to confirm themselves by changing up the Vanilla Townie PM rolenames, it never even occurred to me that someone would use the flavor itself.
Ojanen 726 wrote:Did I deduce correctly that the mafia had the vanilla pm from beginning but the cop didn't?
None of the mafia, nor the Cop/Survivor had that PM, so sent I it off to them after I noticed DRK bring it up, but I still felt as though that wasn't enough to compensate for dropping the ball there. My biggest worry, the worst thing I thought could've happened, was for someone to say, "Oh, RC is just covering his ass... DRK is clear", and the town agreeing to that.

As far as the good things go, I was really impressed how I thought the mafia were able to completely take advantage of the neighbor mechanic. Cruciare-sigma and Sotty-imaginality ended up fairly trusting of one another, which was my ultimate aim in this one.

The setup itself we originally meant to be two Mason teams separate of one another, neither of them containing a "scum" Mason or anything like that, and then have the Survivor and the mafia the same (having just a regular goon instead of a goon neighbor). I was advised, rightly I think, that that would make the town too powerful. Based on that, I decided to shake it up a little bit. Watching the game play out was tough, originally I thought the mafia wasn't going to be able to do much, then I saw the town not making any headway... perhaps the mafia was too strong, but I was so disappointed that I didn't get to see the Survivor pan out. What I really wanted to see was, like, the Cop and his investigations v.s. Survivor v.s. Neighbors 1 v.s. Neighbors 2 v.s. Mafia. I thought the mafia would have more trouble because each section kind of had certain hidden knowledge of other people that would make them all more independent and less inclined to be strung around.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:23 am

Post by sigma »

charter wrote:Great job Sigma! I kept refreshing the page every 30 seconds worrying that you were going to log off. PHEW.
Let's just say that after my 'check-in' post, I was definitely keeping a very close eye out for your vote. Great job, buddy!
ojanen wrote:I generally prefer replacing into games to starting as an original, but one drawback is that it's slightly irritating when you catch up a bunch, get a big scumread and case up on a guilty playerslot and then get offed before managing a real impact.
I know I definitely felt a little bad about killing you :oops: We were looking for the cop, and you having a bead on charter didn't exactly help your cause for staying alive. Killing you nearly caught up to us since we were considering Cathart as well...
sotty wrote:Charter had me fooled but I was onto Sigma.
Yup, that's why you died. you'll see in the QT that charter wanted to no-kill (which was an option) but I didn't. I was afraid that no-killing would make it look like the scum wanted to maintain status-quo. We were definitely aware that killing sotty would take some suspicion off imaginality, but I was actually thinking someone might vote Cruciare. that obviously didn't happen.
Zach wrote:Charter had me fooled but I was onto Sigma.
:D Good to see you again, old scumbuddy! Glad you were following along.

---

Who was your set-up reviewer, RC? I'd be interested in his/her comments.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Ojanen »

sigma wrote:
ojanen wrote:I generally prefer replacing into games to starting as an original, but one drawback is that it's slightly irritating when you catch up a bunch, get a big scumread and case up on a guilty playerslot and then get offed before managing a real impact.
I know I definitely felt a little bad about killing you :oops: We were looking for the cop, and you having a bead on charter didn't exactly help your cause for staying alive. Killing you nearly caught up to us since we were considering Cathart as well...
No need for guilt, play to win.
I guess that was just my dry way of saying damn you Charter, I'm soooooooooooo gonna hang your ass next time! Gaaaah! :P
(I bet he doesn't remember, but 2 times I've lost to him now before making an impact.)
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:40 am

Post by charter »

No, what was the other game? I can't recall any other game I've been in with you that is over.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:04 am

Post by imaginality »

Well played scum. I'm glad I chose right between charter and Porkens, but I think even if we'd lynched charter today, it probably would have been hard for us to get sigma lynched tomorrow anyhow.

I apologise to the town for my play in this game, I definitely lurked too much around the start of day 2 and couldn't seem to shake suspicion off me after that. I enjoyed the game though, and it was interesting being neighbours, I got a good town read on Sotty and vice versa. And since I never seem to get picked to be scum it's nice to get the chance to night-chat. :D
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Ojanen »

charter wrote:No, what was the other game? I can't recall any other game I've been in with you that is over.
My very first game, that's why I even remember. :) Newbie 753 I think. Utterly horribad play from town; you quicklynched 2 people with conspicuous_other to win just after I replaced in.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:36 am

Post by Vi »

I was snowed in the whole time. Good job, scum.

charter has already mentioned my thoughts about the setup. Good job with the two sets of Neighbors, bad job with the Survivor and three Mafiosi.
and putting a Cop in in the first place
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by Cruciare »

:(

It saddens me to know that we actually could've won. Porkens! I'm blaming this entirely on you. :lol:
Anyway, good job Sigma. I already congratulated you at some point in our night-talk. :D
Ironically Charter was right about setup speculation screwing it up for us in the end. Boo, three scum! :x
imaginality wrote:Well played scum. I'm glad I chose right between charter and Porkens, but I think even if we'd lynched charter today, it probably would have been hard for us to get sigma lynched tomorrow anyhow.
This is not true. With me, you and Porkens on Charter's wagon, him flipping scum and us not winning yet, it'll be hard
not
to lynch Sigma tomorrow. Porkens' vote switch to Imaginality was a bad call, as Sigma said, if there are two scum left Charter
has
to be one of them, moreso due to the absence of a quickhammer. If there was only one scum left then we had two chances to get it right anyway, so I guess it was our mistake too for hesitating to vote before Porkens changed his mind.
[i]My horse is a motorbike; your argument is invalid.[/i]
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:39 pm

Post by SpyreX »

As a reviewer I feel like commenting on a couple things. :)

I don't think the setup is weighed against the town. The cop, rightly so, isn't all powerful. It had a 50% of hitting scum and a 50% of being wrong on a given night (which isn't all that bad).

Now, watching a survivor claim doc made me laugh out loud. Not the best role to claim if you want to live. :P

And I was waiting for SOMEONE to notice this (keep in mind early on I forgot who the scum were and this made me go ohh snap):
sigma wrote:QFT. In my opinion, TMJ is unreadable based on the knowledge we have right now. I'd rather lynch someone else.
This one stood out as a huge red flag and I was surprised no one caught it. ;)

All in all I think the scum played well. Imaginality was a juicy mislynch. No lynching just hurt me. Vi dying was a page out of the SpyreX book (which, sadly, isn't the best written yet. ;) ).

I thought early on Porkens and Vi were going to hold hands and if that held I think that read would have helped sort out the "well, 2 sets of neighbors, I sure bet ONE is scum" business.

Fun to watch. Red did a great job modding.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by charter »

Yeah, good work modding, my only suggestion would be to publicly post a vanilla role pm or win condition or something to prevent mishaps. Another would be the votecounts, I didn't really get the whole crossing out thing, but meh, not that hard to deal with.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:45 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Yes. The Vanilla PM I think is damn near mandatory in all setups. :)
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:40 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Thanks guys :D

I think the town really had it going on. I felt bad about the DRK situation, but I think the mafia did well to get the Vi and imaginality lynches through. I, too, was a little surprised with the no lynch. I understood it, we do at EpicMafia all the time, but losing Sotty hurt in retrospect. I think losing any of the townies at that point would've ended up hurting. I did love that so many of y'all played until the end, meaning less replacement work. Truth be told, I only had to send out a handful of prods, and everyone was really on top of the game. The few replacements we had all requested it, so it was definitely a great group to moderate!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:14 am

Post by Vi »

SpyreX 737 wrote:I don't think the setup is weighed against the town. The cop, rightly so, isn't all powerful. It had a 50% of hitting scum and a 50% of being wrong on a given night (which isn't all that bad).
No, it's still bad.
The only thing worse than a Cop is a Cop that's wrong when nobody in the Town expects it.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:25 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I really enjoyed this game. Red you were a great mod and the flavor was very funny. I would probably say the townie PM mix up was the biggest stumbling block but I think you have learned from that.

The player list was also grade A in my book. Made this game a lot of fun. I do feel bad about lynching Vi.... I was so sure you were scum :(
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:45 am

Post by Vi »

Sotty7 742 wrote:I do feel bad about lynching Vi.... I was so sure you were scum :(
I agreed to be lynched because I couldn't blame you for thinking that.
There's not much to say or do about that except that I'll do better next time.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:58 am

Post by sigma »

Sotty7 wrote: The player list was also grade A in my book. Made this game a lot of fun.
100% agree. Great players, really enjoyed playing with you all.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

1st Law of Cathart - If Cathart has a Pro-Town Power Role - Town will lose. So far, it happened 3 times. The only games I won was as a Vanilla or Mafia :P
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:29 am

Post by Porkens »

Sorry guys, I let the boredom and frustration get the best of me...again.
Tjoe Min Ja
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by Tjoe Min Ja »

Col.Cathart wrote:1st Law of Cathart - If Cathart has a Pro-Town Power Role - Town will lose. So far, it happened 3 times. The only games I won was as a Vanilla or Mafia :P
wkwkwkw....and it happen twice with me...yay

*hug CC*

good job, sigma and charter/jammer

I've been watching and see the progress as townie "stab" each other:P
Show
If you pick a fight with one Goblin, be ready to fight them all.
------ESL------
Finish game :
Mini 838: Jeopardy in Jefferson -over- Town - lose
Mini 839 -- Mafia Invasion! -over- scum win
Mini 840. Tajo's I love you Mafia -over- scum - win
StrangerCoug's Worst Nightmare: D├â┬®j├â┬á Bastard -over- Town - win
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish