Newbie 832 - Omod's Return - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Newbie 832 - Omod's Return - Game over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:09 am

Post by Oman »

The darkness was nothing if not forboding.

Did...did you hear that?

The silence went on a little longer before being broken by another voice:
Hear what?

and then another
I heard it

What was it?

A mouse?

A moose?

Someone coming to help us?

No, my squeemish fools,
the voice unidentifiable
it is the sound...of foretold freedom.

Suddenly the lights flick on, and your villiage hall, once full of life and argument and is now full of death. The bodies of your slain friends lie around you. Only nine bodies stirred, and they moved through the aisles, until they reached the stage. It seemed obvious that one person could not have pulled this off on their own.

The electricty falters and fails. However when one of you finds the switch for the windows, it becomes possible to see once more. So you can find out who did this...but time will be against you.

Living and/or Breathing:
  • dakarian

• danielsound

• AGar

• Shadebreeze
    RayFrost
Failing of the Above:
  • Seeker
    Townie

• PorkchopExpress (SE)
    Doctor

• Radical Pi
    Kitten4u
    Mafia Goon

• VP Baltar (IC)
    Townie

• fakegin (SE)
    Muffin
    Mafia Goon
Last edited by Oman on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:03 am, edited 12 times in total.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:34 am

Post by Oman »

Rules
(Stolen, and modified, from Crub, who probably theifed them from meme in some way)
[01]
Votes must be in bold.
If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.
To vote:
Vote: Porochaz
To Unvote
Unvote
or
Unvote: Pokerface

[02]
Please be attentive and unvote
, if necessary, before casting a new vote. It will not count otherwise.
[03] Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, their pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded.
Feel free to post and pm in twilight,
though.
[04] You may vote: no lynch. Majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
[05]
Days have no inherrient deadline
. If I impose a day deadline the player with the most votes will be lynched (this includes no lynch). In case of a tie, first come, first served. In case of an endgame (six players or fewer) only simply majority lynches will occur.
[07]
Do not discuss this game outside the thread unless your role states it.
No-one may post in the thread when I declare it night (In case I don't lock it).
[08] Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing. Not even a “Bah!” post. Just, just stop. Fingers off the keys. You're no longer breathing. Save it for after the game is over. I would love to hear from you after the game, just not when you could affect it.
[09]
No small or invisible text.
Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts either.
[10]
Don’t quote any PMs from me or other players.
If you do, I will cast Summon Nature's Modkill V on you.
Also, if you have anything sneaky or dicey such as screenshots, cryptography etc, please PM me and check.

[11] If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline.
I will not wait for you.
If you do not submit a choice to me, its a No Choice.
If you have a power and don't want to use it PM me "none" "no action" or similar to keep the game fast.

[12] If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread or PM me. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
[13] Unlike Crub I am not fallible. Please point out any mistakes reality has made by PM, even if it seems its my fault. In particular, if I post a vote count that does not accurately reflect your vote, please PM me.
[14] There is no Rule 6
[15] Red OOC texts are my mod texts. Please don't use them. I know what I write, and if you try to pass yourself off as me, you shall feel pain.
[16]
Play to win this game.
Do not use it to build a meta-game of yourself for other games, this game is an island. Also, all players must read their role PMs and understand their role before playing. If you have a question PM me.
[17] Remember, it’s a game and it’s supposed to be fun. Be nice to your fellow players and your mod.

I also would ask you to consider Mith's Forum Guidelines. Anything that isn't in my rules won't be enforced without thought and discussion, but lets try to keep to the spirit of it.
Mr. Flay wrote:My take on standardized roles for F11 are as follows:
Mafia:
The Mod wrote:You are a , along with your partner _________ (who is simply a Goon). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens, even if you personally are dead. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill/roleblock (your team can do both so long as you live).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.
AND
The Mod wrote:You are a , along with your partner _________ (who is a pro-Mafia Roleblocker). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens, even if you personally are dead. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill (if your partner also lives, they can send in a separate choice to roleblock someone).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.
OR
The Mod wrote:You are a , along with your partner _________. Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens, even if you personally are dead. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner when it is not Day, and send me a choice via PM of who you wish to kill.

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no kills will happen until Night One.
Town:
The Mod wrote:You are the , and you can protect people from harm. Each Night, you may send me a choice via PM of who to protect; if they come under attack by the Mafia, they will live. You win if the scum are eliminated (even if you are dead by that time), so choose wisely at Night, and try to lynch correctly during the Day.

Note: Doctors are 100% effective in Newbie Games (the person you protect will never die on the night they are protected, unless you are roleblocked). You may not protect yourself.
The Mod wrote:You are the , and you can tell good from bad. Each Night, you may send a player's name to me; I will let you know if your investigation shows that they are Mafia or Town. You win if the scum are eliminated (even if you are dead by that time), so choose wisely at Night, and lynch well during the Day.

Note: Cops always get a correct result in Newbie Games (no sanity issues), unless you are roleblocked. You cannot investigate yourself.
The Mod wrote:You are a , and you've got no special powers at Night. No investigations, no protection, no gun to shoot people. Your only powers are the ability to post, vote, and think. You win if the scum are eliminated (even if you are dead by that time), so try to lynch well!
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:46 am

Post by Oman »

I'd like to welcome all the newbies to the game, and offer my hand to help. However, first I'd like you to go through your Semi-experienced and Inexperience Challenged players and use them. As a mod I'm going to try to keep hands off officially when possibly. I want to be a last resort for any conflicts or questions, but that doesn't mean I don't care.

I'd also like to bring up this is my first time chilling with newbies in a long time, especially as a mod, so I welcome you PMing me with any mistakes I make. I will also try to keep up with votecounts etc, if you want one earlier than I'm posting it, just ask.

And finally, I hope you enjoy your game, and I hope you're all intending to stay around for the duration of the game.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Hey, everyone. I'm your IC here. Like the mod said, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me and I will do my best to help.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:29 am

Post by Oman »

Role's sent. This is now the confimation/discussion stage. We'll start the game when we get a positive return.
Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:57 am

Post by Radical Pi »

/confirm
I'm using WIFOM to make you think I'm using WIFOM

Mafia: the game where if you defend yourself, you're scum, and if you don't defend yourself, you're scum
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:20 am

Post by danielsound »

/confirm \o

It's my first time playing this :) Looking forward to it.
Seeker
Seeker
Townie
Seeker
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:23 am

Post by Seeker »

/confirm
Working on avatar as we speak.
This was a triumph....
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Seeker wrote:Working on avatar as we speak.
Good man.
danielsound wrote:It's my first time playing this Looking forward to it.
How did you discover mafia? Why do you want to play?
YOUR AD HERE

Shadebreeze
Shadebreeze
Townie
Shadebreeze
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:03 am

Post by Shadebreeze »

/confirm

Wheeee...
first time playing mafia, although I played a similar game on the Gitp forums (although that was with zombies:wink:) Heard about it from a friend here (although I'm not actually sure what his username is, I'll have to ask him...)
By reading the above post, you forfeit your immortal soul to the property of the poster.
dakarian
dakarian
Townie
dakarian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:25 am

Post by dakarian »

/confirm

first time playing here. Played in other forums.

..and already I lost my immortal soul to Shadebreeze. *sob*
fakegin
fakegin
Goon
fakegin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:34 am

Post by fakegin »

/confirm

Well its my fourth game, glad to meet everyone.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:35 am

Post by VP Baltar »

what's your cat's name dakarian?
YOUR AD HERE

PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:30 am

Post by PorkchopExpress »

/confirm
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:50 am

Post by VP Baltar »

How did your night talk session go porkchop?
YOUR AD HERE

dakarian
dakarian
Townie
dakarian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:19 am

Post by dakarian »

The little evil you see is Litia. She's the type that can curl up in your lap purring, then turn her head to slice up another cat that's wandering by her (then look at you odd when you fuss at her). She'd make a wonderful mafia if she cared about stealth at all.
Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:50 am

Post by Radical Pi »

man I expect to be thoroughly confused when this game starts. I've played other games on other forums (actually modding my first one now), but 8 pages for 1 day is going to drive me bonkers :P

btw baltar I don't think you confirmed

Mafia: the game where if you defend yourself, you're scum, and if you don't defend yourself, you're scum
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

/confirm (even though I would think it was assumed)
YOUR AD HERE

danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:08 am

Post by danielsound »

VP Baltar wrote:
Seeker wrote:Working on avatar as we speak.
Good man.
danielsound wrote:It's my first time playing this Looking forward to it.
How did you discover mafia? Why do you want to play?
Well, once in a trip I played something really like mafia (but kind of in real life: everyone sitted in a circle, when the "mod" (1 of us, we changed it each game) said "night falls" everyone closed theirs eyes and the mafia (only 1 dude each game) keep his eyes open and points at the person he wants to kill. Them 1 min of talking about who to lynch and... u guys know the drill xD)

So last week I was wandering around ViewAskew Message Board (at Kevin Smith's site (Kevin Smith like in Dogma, Chasing Amy, Jay and Silent Bob...)) and I found a thread where the guys were playing mafia, and it linked back here for rules and stuff.

Them I read all the rules and guidelines, found it to be close to what I played in real life and got excited about playing it online :D so I registered, entered the queue and... Here I am \o
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:14 am

Post by AGar »

/confirming

Sup all?

Second newbie game on MS, 5th game all-told. Looking forward to another game. Hope it's as exciting as my last game!
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Radical Pi »

Well, that's everyone once Oman drops by

Shadebreeze
Shadebreeze
Townie
Shadebreeze
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:00 am

Post by Shadebreeze »

Most excellent...
*evil cackle*
By reading the above post, you forfeit your immortal soul to the property of the poster.
Seeker
Seeker
Townie
Seeker
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:30 am

Post by Seeker »

Guys? Making jokes about being evil does
not
make my life any easier.
This was a triumph....
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Seeker wrote:Guys? Making jokes about being evil does
not
make my life any easier.
I'm confused at what this means.

Also,
Vote Porkchopexpress

I'm sure Oman won't mind if we just jump right in here.
Seeker
Seeker
Townie
Seeker
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by Seeker »

Sounds good. I had planned to vote Radical Pi for "transcending irrationality," but now that we appear to be leaving the Random Voting stage before the game actually starts...

Vote: VP
You seem to be aggressive to Porkchop for no apparent reason, first declaring him scum and then voting for him. Can you explain your actions?

I was referring to Shadebreeze's evil cackle with my post, and also to your "How did your night talk session go porkchop?" to a lesser extend. My first thought was that that was so overtly antagonistic to Porkchop that it had to be a joke, but now that you've voted him, I'm not so sure.
This was a triumph....

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”