Mini 831: The Town Council of Millicent (It's Over!)

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Mini 831: The Town Council of Millicent (It's Over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:45 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Status
Game Over!

Day 5 Final Vote Count
Battle Mage (2) -
Plum, Ythill

Not Voting (1) -
Battle Mage

2 votes needed for lynch. 2 votes needed for No Lynch.

Players
Alive (1)
:
TCold
Plum,
Anonymous Mafia Goon
, survived!

Dead (11):
brothernature,
Anonymous Mafia Goon
, was lynched on Day 1.
ThAdmiral,
Town Doctor
, was shot on Night 1.
Kill-kill,
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched on Day 2.
Wednesday
Lord Gurgi,
Town Watcher
, was shot on Night 2.
TylerJ
chamber,
Anonymous Mafia Roleblocker
, was lynched on Day 3.
moose200x
Kublai Khan,
Vanilla Townie
, was shot on Night 3.
crazypianist1116,
Vanilla Townie
, was shot on Night 3.
lumi
~Jordan`,
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched on Day 4.
12Keyblade
Casey,
Town One-Shot Vig
, was shot on Night 4.
StumpyTheElephantMan
Battle Mage,
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched on Day 5.
purple princess
Ythill,
Vanilla Townie
, was killed in endgame.

Links
brothernature's role
ThAdmiral's role
Kill-kill's role
Lord Gurgi's role
chamber's role
Kublai Khan's and crazypianist1116's roles
~Jordan`'s role
Casey's role
Battle Mage's, Ythill's, and Plum's roles
Last edited by MacavityLock on Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:26 am, edited 47 times in total.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:56 am

Post by MacavityLock »

The Rules
- Rules and modular setup heavily borrowed from TDC. Thanks TDC!

General
  • The site-wide rules apply.
  • Do not try to hide information within your posts by using encryption, invisible/white text or similar means. If you are unsure whether what you're trying to do is allowed or not, please PM me.
  • Once you're dead (which is when your role PM has been posted), you are allowed a single "Bah!" post, which may contain no game-relevant information.
  • I will attempt to respond to all communication either from PM or a post containing
    @mod
    . You may never quote anything you received as PM from me.
  • If you think the rules have holes, please let me know. If you exploit such a hole, expect to be mod-killed.
  • Mod-kills will be resolved in such a manner as I deem fit that is disadvantageous to the win condition of the mod-killee.
  • If you have any questions, about the rules or whatever, please PM me.

Voting
  • A proper vote must be bolded, include the word "vote" and something that I can trace back to one of the players. This may be the whole name or an abbreviation. Please make sure that I understand whom you mean to vote for. Otherwise, your vote won't count.
  • Unvotes are necessary, and a vote will stay on a given player and not move without an unvote.

Lynches
  • Before deadline, a majority of votes (50% + 1, rounded down) is required for a lynch to occur.
  • A No Lynch can be voted for like lynching any player. A No Lynch will be reached at a plurality of votes (50%, rounded up).
  • Once a lynch or No Lynch has occurred, it is irrevocable and no more votes or unvotes will count during that day.
  • At deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched as long as that number of votes is greater than 1. No Lynch can also be deadlined in this manner. In the case of ties, the player who reached that maximum vote count first will be lynched.
  • The period when a lynch or No Lynch has occurred but the thread has not been locked is known as Twilight. Posting is allowed during this period.

Deadlines
  • All game days will have a deadline of 3 weeks, with an additional week guaranteed to be added upon request of at least two players.
  • Additional deadline extensions will only be available in the case of extraordinary circumstances. Extraordinary circumstances are based on my judgment alone, but can be requested by players in thread.
  • Nights will be deadlined to 72 hours. If you have a compulsive action and do not send me a message stating how it's to be used, it will be randomized.

Participation
  • I expect each of you to post at least once every three days.
  • I will prod you if you don't. This will be announced in thread by me and you will have to answer the prod by posting in thread.
  • If prods are not answered or if I have to prod you repeatedly, I will replace you.
  • If no replacements can be found in a reasonable time, I will have to modkill you.

Game-Specific Rules (see Setup Post to make sense of these)
  • Unless otherwise stated, every player may only use
    one
    night action per night. This includes group actions
    submitted by the player
  • Group Choices: All group choices are to be submitted in a PM to me.
    The member that submits the night choice is the one who will carry it out
    . If I receive multiple conflicting PMs from Group members, only the last one will apply, but it's probably worth double-checking, as I can make mistakes.
  • Personal Choices: If a player happens to submit more night actions than he is allowed to, only the last ability submitted will apply.
  • Reveal: Upon death, I will post the full Role PM of the dead player, including group memberships, excluding group details. All active and passive abilities will be revealed, but for the sake of brevity, the first post will only contain a catchy role name. While alive, players don't know their catchy role name.
Last edited by MacavityLock on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:22 am

Post by MacavityLock »

All Role PMs will have the following format:
  • Active Abilities:
    • Ability 1:
      • Ability Modifier 1
      • Ability Modifier N
    • Ability N:
      • Ability Modifier 1
      • Ability Modifier N
  • Passive Abilities:
    • Passive Ability 1
    • Passive Ability N
  • Groups:
    • Group 1:
      • Group Abilities:
        • Ability 1:
          • Ability Modifier 1
          • Ability Modifier N
        • Ability N:
          • Ability Modifier 1
          • Ability Modifier N
      • Group Members:
        • Group Member 1
        • Group Member N
    • Group N:
      • Group Abilities:
        • Ability 1:
          • Ability Modifier 1
          • Ability Modifier N
        • Ability N:
          • Ability Modifier 1
          • Ability Modifier N
      • Group Members:
        • Group Member 1
        • Group Member N
  • Victory Condition:
Active Abilities (both for players and groups)
  • Cop: At night, choose a player to investigate. You will learn whether or not that player has a "dangerous" win condition.
  • Doctor: At night, choose a player to heal. That player will be protected from a single kill attempt.
  • Gunsmith: At night, choose a player to investigate. You will learn whether or not that player has access to guns (via personal or group ability of Killer with any sort of modifiers).
  • Jailkeeper: At night, choose a player to jail. That player will be unable to use their own night action, nor can anyone else target them.
  • Hider: At night, choose a player to hide with. You will only die if they die.
  • Killer: At night, choose a player to kill. You will make a single kill attempt against that player.
  • Roleblocker: At night, choose a player to block. That player will be unable to use their own night action(s).
  • Tracker: At night, choose a player to track. You will learn the set of other players that your chosen player targeted that night.
  • Watcher: At night, choose a player to watch. You will learn the set of players that targeted your chosen player that night.
Notes:
  • The Investigative abilities may or may not be accompanied with sanity
    confirmation.
  • The result of a Cop investigation will be either "Dangerous", "Not Dangerous", or "No Result".
  • The result of a Gunsmith investigation will be either a "Can Kill" or "No Result".
  • The result of a Tracker or Watcher investigation will be either a complete list of players who meet the stated criteria or "No Result". If no players meet the stated criteria, the Tracker or Watcher will also receive a "No Result".
  • In short, the only ability that can tell whether or not it failed is the Cop.

Ability Modifiers
  • 1-Shot: You can use your ability only once. If the ability is prevented in any way, it is considered used.
  • Backup: Once someone with the same ability dies, you can use yours.
  • Collaboration: The ability is only available as long as at least two group members are alive.
  • Compulsive: You have to use your ability each night.
  • Day: This ability is used during the day, instead of the night.
  • Inventor: You cannot use your ability yourself, but each night you can give another player a 1-Shot of your ability for use on any subsequent night.
  • Final Chance: If the member is the last remaining of his group, this ability can be used in addition to that player's personal ability.
  • Final Chance+: If the member is the last remaining of his group, this ability can be used in addition to that player's personal ability and it may be used on himself.
  • Free: This ability does not count against the one action a night rule.
  • No Back-to-Back: This ability cannot be used on the same target twice in a row.
  • Self: This ability may be used on oneself.
  • Selfish: This ability must be used on oneself.
  • Soloist: This ability can only be used by the final member of the group.
  • Visible: For this ability to be used, the player must post in the game's thread with
    Abilty: XXX
  • Weak: You die when you target any player with a "dangerous" win condition.
Notes:
  • The Inventor modifier's notice for the receiver of a 1-Shot ability will have the format: You received: x
  • The following Modifiers only apply to Group Abilities: Collaboration, Final Chance(+), Soloist.
  • Abilities cannot be used on Night 0.
  • As the existence of the Self and Final Chance+ modifiers suggest, abilities without them cannot be used on oneself.
  • The Visible modifier can only be applied to abilities that also have the Day modifier.

Passive Abilities
  • Bulletproof Vest (X): You can survive X attempts at your life. X may equal infinity.
  • Godfather: If investigated by a Cop, the result always be "Not Dangerous" (unless the ability is blocked, etc.). If investigated by a Gunsmith, the result will always be "No Result".
  • Known Identity: The mentioned group knows your identity.
  • Miller: If investigated by a Cop, the result will always be "Dangerous" (unless the ability is blocked, etc.). If investigated by a Gunsmith, the result will always be "Can Kill" (unless the ability is blocked, etc.).

Group Types
  • Trusted: All members are confirmed to have the same win condition.
  • Untrusted: There is no guarantee that members will have the same win condition.
All groups can talk at night and will do so in a QuickTopic thread I provide. This includes Night 0.

Victory Conditions
  • Town: You win when all players with a "Dangerous" win condition have been removed from the game.
  • Mafia: You win when players from the group XXX make up more than 50% of the remaining players or nothing can prevent the same. This win condition is considered "Dangerous".
  • Serial Killer: You win when you are the only player remaining in the game or nothing can prevent the same. This win condition is considered "Dangerous".
  • Survivor: You win if you are alive and either another faction has achieved their win condition, or the only players remaining in the game have this win condition.
Notes:
  • If the only players remaining are an equal number of players from 2 groups with the Mafia win condition, neither group will win.
  • If the only players remaining are a single player from a group with the Mafia win condition and a single player with the SK win condition, neither the Mafia nor SK will win.
  • If the same set of players remain in the game for 3 cycles of day and night, a stalemate will result. In a stalemate, no one has achieved their win condition, so everyone loses. ("There is no tying in baseball.")
Last edited by MacavityLock on Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:49 am, edited 5 times in total.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:28 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Role examples:

1. A NK-Immune Miller Compulsive Vig Doc-Neighbor:
  • Active Abilities:
    • Killer
      • Compulsive
  • Passive Abilities:
    • Miller
    • Bulletproof Vest (Infinity)
  • Groups:
    • The Neighborhood - Untrusted:
      • Group Abilities:
        • Doctor
          • none
      • Group Members:
        • You
        • Player X
        • Player Y
  • Victory Condition: Town - You win when all players with a "Dangerous" win condition have been removed from the game.
2. A Gun Inventor:
  • Active Abilities:
    • Killer
      • Inventor
  • Passive Abilities:
    • none
  • Groups:
    • none
  • Victory Condition: Town - You win when all players with a "Dangerous" win condition have been removed from the game.
3. A Jack-Of-Many-Trades:
  • Active Abilities:
    • Cop
      • 1-Shot
    • Doctor
      • 1-Shot
    • Roleblocker
      • 1-Shot
    • Killer
      • 1-Shot
  • Passive Abilities:
    • none
  • Groups:
    • none
4. A Godfather in a mafia with the collective ability of gun invention:
  • Active Abilities:
    • none
  • Passive Abilities:
    • Godfather
  • Groups:
    • The Mafia - Trusted:
      • Group Abilities:
        • Killer
          • Invention
          • Final Chance+
      • Group Members:
        • You
        • Player X
        • Player Y
  • Victory Condition: Mafia - You win when players from The Mafia make up more than 50% of the remaining players or nothing can prevent the same. This win condition is considered "Dangerous".
5. A Goon of a mafia that may or may not include a snitch:
  • Active Abilities:
    • none
  • Passive Abilities:
    • none
  • Groups:
    • The Mafia - Untrusted:
      • Group Abilities:
        • Killer
          • none
      • Group Members:
        • You
        • Player X
        • Player Y
Note: Surprise! This Goon is the Snitch.

6. A Vanilla Townie:
  • Active Abilities:
    • none
  • Passive Abilities:
    • none
  • Groups:
    • none
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:15 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Good morning! Every day is a lovely day in the town of Millicent, where you've lived all your life. The brooks babble, the children play merrily, and ice cream trucks come by every two hours. You're so well respected in town that you along with 12 of your good friends have been selected to serve on the Town Council. It's a comfy cozy community, and you could never imagine anything bad happening here.

Until one day, the Council Secretary brings forth a formal bill to your deliberations. It states: "As per this bill, all racketeering, blackmail, extortion, gambling, drug peddling, theft of both the grand and petty variety, and prostitution will be henceforth legalized. The above is proposed by an Anonymous Group of Concerned and Ruthless Citizens." Under the odd laws of Millicent, any bill put forward to the Council must be voted on. Upon seeing this horrendous excuse to allow criminal elements into your pristine town, Councilman Redshirt, the most venerable and respected of you, explodes into rage, throwing his fists and tearing up the bill. It is easily voted down unanimously.

The next day you all show up to the Council meeting, but something is amiss. The Secretary runs in with two things: another copy of the same bill, and a coroner’s report. "Councilman Redshirt was found dead this morning," she cries. "He was shot to death. How can we go on?" With that, she falls dramatically to the ground in a fit of hysteria.

It's now clear that some of your friends on the Council have sponsored the bill. They must have known the laws of Millicent well enough to know that Councilmen and Women aren't replaced until the everyone on the Council as it is currently made up either passes away or retires. So, it looks like these dastardly Anonymous Citizens will be killing your fellow Councilmen and Women until there are too few of those who oppose the bill to pass it formally. And then the whole town of Millicent will be overrun by the criminal element!

Oh, disaster! You all decide that you must vote and put each other to death until these Anonymous Citizens have been stopped. Can you ferret out those Councilmen and Women who want to take the town that you hold dear and destroy it? Good luck!

Role PMs are going out now, and the thread will be unlocked when all have been sent. Please post in thread to confirm that you’ve received and understand your role. If you have any questions about rules or your role, please ask me via PM before confirming in thread.
Last edited by MacavityLock on Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:43 am

Post by MacavityLock »

All Role PMs have now been sent. It is now Night 0. Any and all groups may now talk in their Quicktopics. Night 0 will end when all players have confirmed. No votes will count until Day 1 begins. Have fun!
Last edited by MacavityLock on Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brothernature
brothernature
Goon
brothernature
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:59 am

Post by brothernature »

/confirm
You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
-Al Capone
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:04 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

/confirm
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
Kill-kill
Kill-kill
Goon
Kill-kill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:06 am

Post by Kill-kill »

/confirm
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:14 am

Post by crazypianist1116 »

Conconconconfirmfirmfirmfirm.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:13 am

Post by moose200x »

/confirm
StumpyTheElephantMan
StumpyTheElephantMan
Townie
StumpyTheElephantMan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:18 am

Post by StumpyTheElephantMan »

/in
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:55 am

Post by purple princess »

/confirm
TCold
TCold
Goon
TCold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:42 am

Post by TCold »

/confirm
One Master and one apprentice; one to embody the power, the other to crave it.
Wednesday
Wednesday
Townie
Wednesday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by Wednesday »

I'm here. Why is the secretary female, and the leader of the council male?
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by 12Keyblade »

Wednesday wrote:I'm here. Why is the secretary female, and the leader of the council male?
We're chauvinists. And sexist. And stereotypical. And on the internet, where no one is ever wrong.
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by 12 »

/confirm
Wednesday wrote:I'm here. Why is the secretary female, and the leader
of the council male?
He can't type. :(
C=14=1100
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Wednesday wrote:Why is the secretary female, and the leader of the council male?
Councilman Redshirt isn't/wasn't the leader of the council, he's just the oldest and wisest of you. Councilwoman Redblouse just doesn't have the same ring.

As for why the Secretary is female, well, she was brought up watching classic movies from the 40s and 50s. The position is paid pretty well though, six-figure Milli-bucks per year, so you shouldn't feel too bad for her.

Just waiting for 2 more.
Last edited by MacavityLock on Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by 12Keyblade »

Can I have the conversion rate from Millibucks to USD? Because if this ain't gonna buy my flatscreen TV, I may have to look for other work. After all, this killin' business is dangerous!

Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by 12 »

12Keyblade wrote:Can I have the conversion rate from Millibucks to USD? Because if this ain't gonna buy my flatscreen TV, I may have to look for other work. After all, this killin' business is dangerous!
Roleclaim!

Vote: 12K
:P
C=14=1100
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by 12Keyblade »

12 wrote:
12Keyblade wrote:Can I have the conversion rate from Millibucks to USD? Because if this ain't gonna buy my flatscreen TV, I may have to look for other work. After all, this killin' business is dangerous!
Roleclaim!

Vote: 12K
:P
Roleclaim? Where?

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

USD? What is this alien currency?

I can tell you that you make more than enough that you can enjoy a treat from the ice cream trucks every time they come around very comfortably. Also, you have no time to be watching TV when there's a mystery afoot!
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by 12Keyblade »

MacavityLock wrote:
USD? What is this alien currency?

I can tell you that you make more than enough that you can enjoy a treat from the ice cream trucks every time they come around very comfortably. Also, you have no time to be watching TV when there's a mystery afoot!
Sir, I disconcur with your analy--Ice cream! Nummy!

brothernature
brothernature
Goon
brothernature
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by brothernature »

I just found a nuke stashed in 12's shed. Not suspicious at all.
You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
-Al Capone
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by crazypianist1116 »

brothernature wrote:I just found a nuke stashed in 12's shed. Not suspicious at all.
Yeah well your avatar tells me you're an alien!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”