MtG: Parallel Universe Mafia (SSK's Subgame): Game OVER!

Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:50 pm

Post by Percy »

Zakeri 49 wrote:Anyone else posting in this thread needs to vote for someone, regardless of what's happening in the other topics.
I agree!
Vote: Zakeri

I am also very supportive of the idea that we keep up with the other games. Not doing so is indicative of extreme laziness and lack of commitment, so read!

(That said, it cannot take away from hunting scum in
this
game.)
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:55 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Unvote; Vote: Tarhalindur

This is not a joke vote.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:08 am

Post by chenhsi »

Curious to see what happens:

Vote: SpyreX
I lost the game.
Sudai
Sudai
Townie
Sudai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:31 am

Post by Sudai »

I have to V/LA starting now through Tuesday as my Grandfather was hospitalized and my family is driving up to Kansas to visit him. (We live in Louisiana, split the drive into two days.) I'm going to attempt to get on at an internet cafe to keep up, but I can't guarantee that. Sorry guys.
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by Boxman »

Oh, wow.

He even warned someone else about it already. >:(
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Mini 885 - Mafia in the Village (need 2 replacements)
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

The First Vote Count (aka the "Will This Lynch?/Mod-WIFOM" Vote Count)

13) Sideney (0)
14) Qwints (0)
15)Starbuck (1):Sudai
16) chenhsi(0)
17) Mr. Big(0)
18) Zakeri(1):Percy
19) Percy(0)
20) semioldguy(0)
21) Sudai(0)
22) Head_Honcho(0)
23) Boxman(1):Zakeri
24)Zwetschenwasser(1):Boxman
X)Tarhalindur (1): Zwetschenwasser
X+1)SpyreX (1):Chenhsi

Sudai's VLA is noted. Seeking replacement for Mr.Big
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by chenhsi »

Could we just try a SpyreX (or anyone in one of the other games) lynch? It would be quite interesting to see what happens.
I lost the game.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:01 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Sorry for not being here, I'm pseudo-V/LA due to the fact that yesterday my ISP decided to block Mafiascum at my house. I can see it at work and I can catch up here, just unfortunately, I won't be as active as I would like to be.

@Sudai - It's not RVS if you have a reason. I wasn't trying to delay the start more than the fact that it's summer and maybe our last person had some RL stuff going on, and might have not known that we were ready to start.

I'm going to head over to the other threads and do some reading up.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:04 am

Post by qwints »

Checking in, forgot to hit watch topic.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:15 am

I think we might have a parallel universe mod lynch mechanic. Since Tar is conventionally lynched, maybe he made himself a role that can only be lynched through another subgame.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:23 am

Post by chenhsi »

Flava Flave wrote:Look more at your own game and less at ours/Tar's. Yes, look at all 3 games. Just don't let it distract you from yours. Chenhsi is probably scum because of his anxiousness to start and attempts to lynch a player not in their game. My vote would be on Chenhsi and unlikely to move if I was there.
I am looking at our own game as well.
I don't see why being anxious to start is a scumtell.
I wanted to test if voting someone in another game would work. I'm not pushing for a lynch on SpyreX specifically, I just felt that he was being scummy for proposing the alliance, so I chose him as my "test subject".
I lost the game.
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:44 am

Post by Boxman »

zwetschenwasser wrote:I think we might have a parallel universe mod lynch mechanic. Since Tar is conventionally lynched, maybe he made himself a role that can only be lynched through another subgame.
Interesting idea. I don't know if it would work, but it's interesting none the less.

@Chenhsi: Traditionally, in a Tar game, you can vote for anyone but a lynch on anyone not in the game won't work. I don't see how lynching someone in another subgame would work.
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by Zakeri »

Well, Personally, I consider it a legitimate scumtell to hunt scum in other games. Assuming One scum team per game, that automatically makes it easier for Scum to find scum in the other games, since they wouldn't always be wrong. Also, this seems like a blatant attempt to waste out game's first lynch. It can either go through, and we waste our lynch not furthering our own game's goals which basically leaves us with a no lynch, or it doesn't go through and we no lynch by default. [/b]Unvote, Vote: Chenshi[/b]
"You know, I was hoping for a cop investigation. But instead I get [two vig kills]... okay." - Zakeri
"I [i]wish[/i] I ever got messages like this." - Vi
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by Zakeri »

Edit:
Unvote, Vote Chenshi

I'm starting to wonder why players from both other games (Mufasa and Chen) are pushing for "other game lynches". I'm wondering if it is a scum ploy....
Why Mufasa?
Mufasa wrote:I propose we try lynching a player in another subgame....

unvote vote: Vino
Oh, nevermind, I figured it out.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:10 pm

Post by Percy »

Sorry for the absence, I'll read the other threads and have something of substance in a day or two.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:48 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Head Honcho has been prodded.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:31 am

Post by chenhsi »

unvote SpyreX

Vote not appearing on the other VC decreases the chance that the vote actually works.

I didn't realize that lynching someone in another game meant that we get 1 less chance to lynch scum in our own game :oops:

Why, if our attempted lynch at an outsider failed, would we no lynch by default? I thought that the day would just continue, and we would then lynch someone in our own game.
I lost the game.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:45 am

Post by qwints »

Zakeri wrote:Well, Personally, I consider it a legitimate scumtell to hunt scum in other games. Assuming One scum team per game, that automatically makes it easier for Scum to find scum in the other games, since they wouldn't always be wrong. Also, this seems like a blatant attempt to waste out game's first lynch. It can either go through, and we waste our lynch not furthering our own game's goals which basically leaves us with a no lynch, or it doesn't go through and we no lynch by default. [/b]Unvote, Vote: Chenshi[/b]
I read the flavor to suggest multiple scum teams that span the games.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:01 am

Post by chenhsi »

Benmage wrote:Wow, I definitely think we can vote for people in other threads.
Look at our vote count it is 1-12. SSk's is 13-24 and FL's is 25-36.

unvote vote SpryeX
(i just want to see if this will work...their games in the day phase)
*facepalm*

qwints: I did as well.
I lost the game.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:03 am

I'm pretty sure that we won't be able to lynch people in other subgames, but it's possible that the mods have some screwy lynch mechanics.
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:00 am

Post by Boxman »

It's definitely possible. I don't think they'd necessarily do it, but it's a possibility.

@chenhsi: Glad to see you know that won't work anymore. :P

@qwints: I also read it like that.

Also, I wouldn't discount the possibility that the scumteam in our game may have an effect on other games; our scumteam may have a member in one of the other towns and vice versa.
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Sudai
Sudai
Townie
Sudai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:57 am

Post by Sudai »

So I'm in Kansas now. I can use the computer at my Grandfather's house since we're staying here and watching his house for him until he is released from the hospital. He's fine, luckily. He collapsed and was unconscious for a while, but the Doctors said it was just exhaustion. They want to keep him till Friday to make sure nothing's wrong though. I'm going to have to V/LA again on the Weekend to get back down to Louisiana, but that's a few days away, so I'll post about that when it happens.

As for stuff that happened while I was gone:
Starbuck wrote:@Sudai - It's not RVS if you have a reason. I wasn't trying to delay the start more than the fact that it's summer and maybe our last person had some RL stuff going on, and might have not known that we were ready to start.
I just picked a name from the name list and then looked for a "reason" to have voted them to try to get a reaction that we could gauge.

Unvote

Enough has happened that I feel we can get some actual discussion going. I'm gonna get at that.

There's the obvious Head Honcho thing. I want to see if SSK starts trying to find a replacement for him before anything. Even so..his behavior has been extremely weird.

Boxman

So far in this game, you've only commented on other sub games or given small side remarks to agree with someone in this sub game. I'd like to see some of your opinions on our own sub game.

Chenhsi

chenhsi wrote:I didn't realize that lynching someone in another game meant that we get 1 less chance to lynch scum in our own game :oops:
I'm curious as to why you would assume we could lynch another sub-game and still continue our day. A lynch typically ends the day in most games, doesn't it?

qwints

You've made no real contributions. You came in late but never made a comment about catching up. Your more recent post indicates that you're following the game, but you still haven't done anything other than suggest that multiple scum teams span the three games. Would you mind quoting the flavor text that led you to this conclusion and possibly explain why?

Zwet

You're assuming that the three sub games were developed by Tar. The only thing's I've seen to indicate this are the facts that Tar's sub game threads (sign up and actual game) started before the other two and the fact that Tar's game got player #s 1-12, we got #13-24, and FL's got #25-36. I may have missed a post that declared who the primary organizer of the game is, so could you either link that to me or explain why you assume Tar is the main organizer?

Also, this isn't a Bastard Mod game. Does Tar seriously have a tendency to do bastard mod things in non-bastard mod games?

Lastly, why do you think we can't lynch players in other sub games yet we can lynch mods? It seems to me that if one were possible, the other wouldn't be too far fetched.

I'm glad I checked the other sub games between typing this and posting this:
Benmage wrote:
unvote vote SpryeX
(i just want to see if this will work...their games in the day phase)

It doesn't. - Tar
We can't vote for other sub games, but the questions still stands as you posted that prior to gaining this knowledge.

Zakeri

Zakeri wrote:
Popularartajo, FL. 71 wrote:Anyone has an idea of why Benmage and DDD have safeclaims?
Why wouldn't they? Don't all non-town get Safeclaims?
I've seen plenty of games where non-town players don't get a safe claim. We've also only had two players claim to have a safe claim so far (Ben and DDD). Do you have a safe claim? Is that why you assume all non-town players will have a safe claim?
chenhsi wrote:Why, if our attempted lynch at an outsider failed, would we no lynch by default? I thought that the day would just continue, and we would then lynch someone in our own game.
I would also like an answer for this. I assume that should we attempt to lynch outside of our game and it failed, we'd continue the day as well.

Vote: Zakeri

Despite there not being a lot of scummy things on you, you've currently the scummiest in the game, in my eyes.

People that need to do more because it's impossible to get a read with what they've posted

*Percy (Said he'll catch up within a few days. Waiting on that.)
*Starbuck (MafiaScum got blocked by his ISP somehow?)

@Mod: Can you prod semioldguy and Sideney? They've been inactive for a while. Head Honcho is also close to the 72 hour limit. Is it time for us to replace Mr. Big yet? He still hasn't been around.

To everyone:
I'm sorry for the wall of text. I don't like walls of text and I'm sure most people don't, but there were a number of things I wanted to cover since I'm able to right now.
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:30 am

Post by Boxman »

^To be fair to Zakeri, in Tar games, most non-town players tend to have safe claims.

Also, in Tar games, trying to lynch someone outside the game would result in a no lynch. I assume this would go for SSK and FL too. For examples, look for Mod Screw Mafia in the Marathon Days board.

And now, for
A Brief History of
Time
SSK's Subgame

Zwet: Maybe focusing a little too much on the bastard mod aspect of Tar games. Seems neutral to me.

Zakeri: Considers it a scumtell to hunt scum in other games. Not sure what's up with that. Slightly scummy read here, but its nothing too big.

qwints: Has commented that he assumed that there were multiple scumteams. Since I assumed this as well, I can't comment. Also, post more plz.

chenhsi: Trying to lynch someone in the other game? Most of us were pretty positive it wouldn't work, and you decided to test it anyway. I have a slightly scummy read here.

Head_Honcho: what (Read: Do something relevant plz)

Starbuck: Tried to stop us from starting before Mr. Big got here. Trying to stall the game before Day 1 began? Perhaps. Fairly neutral read here, maybe slightly scummy.

Sudai: Has posted his suspicions and tried to get us to talk. Slightly town read.

Percy/semioldguy/sideney: Need to post more.

Mr. Big: Needs replacement.
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:24 pm

Hm... We can consider Tar's role in all of this later. At the moment I don't have any suspicions at all, though.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Forgot about sideney and semiodlguy, I will prod them. Head_Honcho I've already prodded.I am still searching for Mr.Big's replacement.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”