Newbie 818 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by adamrights »

I guess if Pablo turns out scum then Katy should be the next investigation.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by adamrights »

Though I guess this depends on the setup. I'm used to a different site where there is always 1 cop and 1 doctor.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:40 pm

Post by hohum »

Official Vote Count:
sraymonds(2): Exalt, Jackinthebox777
Jackinthebox777(2): adamrights, Pablo Molinero
adamrights(1): katy
Exalt(1): Kitoari
Pomegranet(1): sraymonds

Not Voting(2): Deep Blue, Pomegranet

REMEMBER: Deadline is just a tad over 2 weeks from now. Please take note of the rule clarification accordingly.

Last edited by hohum on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deep Blue
Deep Blue
Townie
Deep Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:09 am

Post by Deep Blue »

@ mod: Pom has a FOS on sraymonds, not a vote.
[url=http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4]I urge you to read this.[/url]
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:24 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

I never gave him a defence, I simply wrote what he should of said.
That's the very definition of giving someone a defense!
Besides, even if he uses that defence, it doesn't change anything because he could have simply stolen it from me.
Now scum have some idea of what you're looking for in a town player. That does us no good since they ("they" being scum if you're town, your scumbuddy if you're scum) can better mask their actions.
Also, just because I went for the easiest target and current point of discussion means nothing because I also believe it to be the proper course of action. It's not my fault that it's happening right now, or that sraymonds was acting scummier then every one else.
It's convenient, and I hate going after the convenient target in newbie games.

adamrights... you are new, and I think the emoticon are very very weak as a tell as a whole, although you are pushing it pretty excessively. Still, I pause at Katy agreeing with me so quickly, latching onto a pretty weak point (being damned paranoid has kept me alive before!)
FOS: Katy

As for your 75 and 76... yeah, I think you got it, just drop any kind of setup discussion.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:43 am

Post by Pomegranate »

@Mod: I didn't vote sraymonds. I gave him an Fos.

Thanks Ddeep Blue for pointing it out to hohum already.

fixed. I did the vote count in a rush yesterday. Sorry about that.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:26 am

Post by Kitoari »

Mod: Prod received, prod responded. Sorry, I've just been busy. I'll read the thread soon and get back to you guys.
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:54 am

Post by Katy »

Pablo Molinero wrote:
adamrights... you are new, and I think the emoticon are very very weak as a tell as a whole, although you are pushing it pretty excessively. Still, I pause at Katy agreeing with me so quickly, latching onto a pretty weak point (being damned paranoid has kept me alive before!)
FOS: Katy
I'm not "agreeing" with you. I thought your comment about the emoticons was weak and I previously dismissed it out of hand. But in reviewing the whole thread in order to narrow down my suspicions, I noticed that Adamrights is constantly throwing in smileys and jokes in every post, and to me that smacks of "Hey, I'm a fun guy, don't mind me!"

But my vote is not based on that as much as it was based on his post 22 which could be explained in retrospect as either a serious vote or a random joke vote depending on how events turned out. I'm wary of people who post like that.

There's just something about it that comes across as hedging your bets to me, Adam. It's not the emoticons I find suspicious, it's the tone of the posts, where you seem to be setting up a future situation where you can fall back on "No, I was just joking!" as a defense when someone questions your involvement of a lynch on a townie.

Is it solid evidence? No, not really, but in my opinion it's no weaker than anything we have to go on at this stage of the game.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:23 am

Post by adamrights »

Katy wrote:
Pablo Molinero wrote: But my vote is not based on that as much as it was based on his post 22 which could be explained in retrospect as either a serious vote or a random joke vote depending on how events turned out. I'm wary of people who post like that.

There's just something about it that comes across as hedging your bets to me, Adam. It's not the emoticons I find suspicious, it's the tone of the posts, where you seem to be setting up a future situation where you can fall back on "No, I was just joking!" as a defense when someone questions your involvement of a lynch on a townie.
Post 22 is on page one and clearly RVS, on top of that -- if a bandwagon actually occurred on any of the K-guys I would have jumped off...it was a joking tone because I was joking. :idea:

I'm playing around with the emoticons, finding my style here...so your right to not assume too much from that.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:53 am

Post by Exalt »

Finishing up summer finals TOMORROW, so after that I am home free. I apologize for lurking, and yes I received a 48 hour prod.

I'll catch up and post asap. You won't see me lurking any longer after the week is over though, because at that point I have no more excuses :D
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:06 am

Post by Exalt »

In my opinion, all cases involved right now are MAJORLY weak. Completely useless in any sort of case on anyone. With this type of information, we mine as well draw straws to see who is getting lynched.

I'll try to reanalyze the 4 pages to see if there is anything worthwhile. I just don't see much content... and a deadline in 2 weeks with only 4 pages of content, and 99% of that being RVS? I think hohum is jumping the gun by far on that one, but whatever.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Exalt »

Katy wrote:
adamrights
: At first I brushed off Pablo's pointing out his excessive use of emoticons. I don't like to ding people for their posting style or things that seem aspects of their personality, but in looking back, I find that the use of emoticons does in fact correspond to a joking manner that seems a bit forced. I am suspecting he may be adopting a jovial, joking manner as a cover.
What? You and pablo....

Are you guys seriously using EMOTICONS as a scum case? Are we that lacking of actual content?

Here look, I'm scum too!: :D :) :( :o :lol: 8-) :? :shock: :x :P :oops: :cry: :wink: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow:

Lets try to actual scum hunt. You and Pablo are trying to avoid doing it by using retarded cases. I know pablo for sure is smarter than this from our past game together, so I am looking at him with suspicion now for even going this route.

As for adamrights,

adamrights wrote:I guess if Pablo turns out scum then Katy should be the next investigation.
Are you suggesting lynching Pablo and setting up a possible future lynch of Katy? What is your thought process with this?

Just wondering, because you seem to have your top two suspects being the ones that voted for you. This is definitely in an OMGUS fashion, and I don't like it.

adamrights wrote:Though I guess this depends on the setup. I'm used to a different site where there is always 1 cop and 1 doctor.
This is slight rolefishing too. You also gain + scum points for this. Did you not read the first post that stated the 4 possible setups? Are you hoping for a claim or something? I don't get it.
Deep Blue
Deep Blue
Townie
Deep Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:06 am

Post by Deep Blue »

So who is your top suspect Exalt?
[url=http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4]I urge you to read this.[/url]
sraymonds
sraymonds
Townie
sraymonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by sraymonds »

I think this game is way above my head.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by Exalt »

Deep Blue wrote:So who is your top suspect Exalt?
I'll let you know after adam answers my questions.
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:42 pm

Post by Katy »

Exalt wrote:Are you guys seriously using EMOTICONS as a scum case?
NO.

God, for the last time, no. It's not the emoticons. Pablo is the one who said something about emoticons. The emoticons and the jokes combined were a weak case but on closer look I didn't really like what I was seeing.

It was the way his posts seemed to implicate people but throw in a bunch of jokes so that he could later excuse it as "oh, I was just joking."

I admit it's extremely weak, but as you say, there's not much to go on. Generally I'm a cautious player, but on this site I've found you get dinged if you don't pick out concrete suspects, so I'm doing the best I can with pretty meager offerings.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:44 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

sraymonds wrote:I think this game is way above my head.
It really isn't too complicated. Your options are: play, get lynched, or replace.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:09 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Exalt wrote:In my opinion, all cases involved right now are MAJORLY weak. Completely useless in any sort of case on anyone. With this type of information, we mine as well draw straws to see who is getting lynched.

I'll try to reanalyze the 4 pages to see if there is anything worthwhile. I just don't see much content... and a deadline in 2 weeks with only 4 pages of content, and 99% of that being RVS? I think hohum is jumping the gun by far on that one, but whatever.
I agree with this. I would love to actually scumhunt, but at this point no one's been acting scummy enough to earn my vote. The cases that I have seen on various players are all somewhat feeble; none of them has made me feel like there is someone worth lynching at this point, or that we will have enough info to lynch a player worth lynching by the deadline.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:20 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

I agree with this. I would love to actually scumhunt, but at this point no one's been acting scummy enough to earn my vote.
Wait, are you actually saying we should sit around for someone to come along and go, "So I think we should lynch Pablo, and BY THE WAY I'M SCUM!" Activity, kids, that's how we get info. Use some votes; they're your weapon to pressure. Yes, "wagon" is a dirty word around here, but it's necessary.

So: would anyone be down with a lurker-lynch at this point?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:51 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Pablo Molinero wrote:
I agree with this. I would love to actually scumhunt, but at this point no one's been acting scummy enough to earn my vote.
Wait, are you actually saying we should sit around for someone to come along and go, "So I think we should lynch Pablo, and BY THE WAY I'M SCUM!" Activity, kids, that's how we get info. Use some votes; they're your weapon to pressure. Yes, "wagon" is a dirty word around here, but it's necessary.

I don't wait for someone to say that they're scum (sorry, it's my fault, I didn't explain myself clearly). I try to contribute to discussion while waiting for someone to make a comment that makes my scumdar tingle. I try to see who has been acting scummy, and I try to see who others think are scummy. By the time the lynch comes around hopefully I will have someone who has been acting scummy enough to deserve my vote.

Oh, and I'm not against lurker-lynch, but I'd like to wait a few more days first.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:54 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Vote: Jackinthebox777

I'll explain my vote later, I don't have time right now.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Pomegranate wrote:
Pablo Molinero wrote:

I don't wait for someone to say that they're scum (sorry, it's my fault, I didn't explain myself clearly).
I try to contribute to discussion while waiting for someone to make a comment that makes my scumdar tingle.
I try to see who has been acting scummy, and I try to see who others think are scummy. By the time the lynch comes around hopefully I will have someone who has been acting scummy enough to deserve my vote.

Oh, and I'm not against lurker-lynch, but I'd like to wait a few more days first.
So ask questions. Tons of questions. Like the lurker-lynch proposal. Specific questions at people are also more likely to get them to respond.

Deep Blue, you have not said much. If you HAD to lynch someone right now, deadline tomorrow, who would it be? One name, plz.

sraymonds, do you still think Pomegranet warrants a vote? If not, who does?

Exalt
Lets try to actual scum hunt. You and Pablo are trying to avoid doing it by using retarded cases. I know pablo for sure is smarter than this from our past game together, so I am looking at him with suspicion now for even going this route
Yep, retarded cases. You gotta start somewhere, though.

Exalt
Are you suggesting lynching Pablo and setting up a possible future lynch of Katy? What is your thought process with this?
Yeah, this bothered me as well. Because it seems to imply that I am going to die via lynch or NK, and I'm not so much a fan of that. Adam needs to come back and clarify.

Exalt
This is slight rolefishing too. You also gain + scum points for this. Did you not read the first post that stated the 4 possible setups? Are you hoping for a claim or something? I don't get it.
It reads as an honest mistake to me; I think he was clarifying his 75 with his 76 and it was only like 10 mins afterward, so it was a quick catch. Anywho, we should be done with this line of conversation.
Jackinthebox777
Jackinthebox777
Townie
Jackinthebox777
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:44 am

Post by Jackinthebox777 »

Pomegranate wrote:
Vote: Jackinthebox777

I'll explain my vote later, I don't have time right now.
i would love to hear the reasoning behind this. I cant think of anything i have done in this game thats suspicous.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:17 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Katy wrote:
Exalt wrote:Are you guys seriously using EMOTICONS as a scum case?
NO.

God, for the last time, no. It's not the emoticons. Pablo is the one who said something about emoticons. The emoticons and the jokes combined were a weak case but on closer look I didn't really like what I was seeing.

It was the way his posts seemed to implicate people but throw in a bunch of jokes so that he could later excuse it as "oh, I was just joking."

I admit it's extremely weak, but as you say, there's not much to go on. Generally I'm a cautious player, but on this site I've found you get dinged if you don't pick out concrete suspects, so I'm doing the best I can with pretty meager offerings.
-Katy, do you find anyone other than adamrights scummy? If so, whom?

-adamrights, I don't understand your reasoning for being suspicious of Pablo. Could you explain what was fishy about him in clearer terms?
adamrights wrote:I guess if Pablo turns out scum then Katy should be the next investigation.
How exactly did you come to that conclusion?

-Jackinthebox, you say you find sraymond to be suspicious, yet you give him a defense in order to avoid suspicion in the future. Why? Pablo asked you why you did this, and you say that the defense won't help him. Then you suspect Pablo for coming to sraymond's aid, and voting for you because you didn't make sense. Is that just OMGUS? If not, why?

-Kitoari, are you going to continue lurking? If not, post some content, and if so, do you need to be replaced (or lynched)?

-Pablo, how suspicious are you of adamrights for his use of emoticons? What do you think of his claim that he's a newbie and he's just getting used to the site?
Do you have other experience as an IC? I'm wondering because, while this game is not going quickly, you seem overly happy with the idea of lurker-lynch, when we still have two weeks to go before deadline.

-Exalt, you are also lurking a bit. Will you post more now that you finals are over?

-sraymonds, I have some questions about this post:
sraymonds wrote:It's me nervously overcompensating because I feel like I'm playing the game wrong. As such, I'm going to leave my vote and then just sit and observe how everything goes.
Why do you feel like you're playing the game wrong? This is a newbie game, meant to help newbies learn how to play. If you feel that way because you stirred up discussion, don't. We need something to bring us out of RVS, and you helped bring the game along. It was slightly scummy, but I think it will be mainly gotten over if you look around for scum.

From the second sentence of that post I'm wondering if you're going to start lurking too, in addition t everyone who is lurking now.

@Jackinthebox, hopefully you understood why I'm voting for you from my questions, and if you answer them satisfactorily, then I might rescind my vote.
sraymonds
sraymonds
Townie
sraymonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:53 am

Post by sraymonds »

Pablo Molinero wrote:sraymonds, do you still think Pomegranet warrants a vote? If not, who does?
No, I don't believe Pomegranate deserves my vote. I only voted Pomegranate because I was being random and thought that we had to have had a vote cast. I'd say, as of right now, that jackinthebox deserves a close eye because he seems to be trying to stir stuff up.

But then again, maybe he's just trying to help us further everything. I dunno.
Pomegranate wrote:Why do you feel like you're playing the game wrong? This is a newbie game, meant to help newbies learn how to play. If you feel that way because you stirred up discussion, don't. We need something to bring us out of RVS, and you helped bring the game along. It was slightly scummy, but I think it will be mainly gotten over if you look around for scum.
I didn't mean lurk, though I guess that is how it comes off as. I was hoping to post less stupidly, I would say. And I always think I'm doing stuff wrong. And yeah, I felt that way because I stirred up discussion.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”