Charnel
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:12 am

Post by Charnel »

@BC: I must say that I don't take your posting serious if you are in such a state.

@yabba: I havent seen that, I only have seen him in isolation, and there are a few post adding pressure on BC, and one argument against him (an inconsistency).

in any way, a lot more then "he didn't random vote"
one would hardly have joy without another's suffering, no?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:20 am

Post by hohum »

BloodCovenent wrote:
hohum wrote:@BloodCovenant: I also noticed you're dodging questions. You've been asked something twice, and now I'm getting sort of curious myself. See post 44, post 33. You've posted twice now without answering. It shows you're either not really paying attention or you just don't care. Either way, it's scummy as hell and you need to stop.
No, i was asked it once.

Muzz regarding 33 - I understood VP's vote, but with Hohum's vote, it was bandwagoning. What I wasn't comfortable with per-say, was how he started a thought, and i felt he didn't complete it. By him tunneling me, suggest that I really want a no-lynch, is scummy in itself. I do not want a no lynch, i used that as a way to get out of the RVS, for after we're through with the RVS, the real fun begins.
hohum wrote:
If you're not, then you need to say that you aren't so we can go about scum hunting. Expecting that we're all just going to assume that it was a joke vote only makes you look scummier.
This is complete bullshit. Just because I vote for this,
as my first vote,
which was
given during the random vote stage
indicates
, that it was a
random vote
! Would it have been better if I just voted myself like mastin? you still would have taken it the wrong way. Check my Meta, i've started off at least one other game with a vote for no-lynch.
I would have come after you for the self-vote too. If I'm ever in a game with Mastin I'll go after him too. You keep saying how all you're trying to do is provide discussion fodder yet you seem to be annoyed that we're talking about it.

BTW having to use SOMEONE ELSE'S meta to support your own actions is scummy.

Here's why random votes can be telling. MS has well established procedures for doing things like kicking of discussion (the RVS), bringing a wagon to a lynch (ask for a claim, discuss the claim, lynch the wagonee), etc. These are merely best practices; however, as a town-aligned player there's really very little reason to deviate from these practices because they are
WIDELY
used.

The severity of deviation is debatable; however, it *IS* a scum tell, and it *DOES* merit discussion. To that end you succeeded in what your stated goal was: you got us out of the RVS; however, it is still a scum tell and I will talk about it all I want. I will talk about it until the end of the fucking game if I damned well please because it will help me get a better read on you.
BloodCovenent wrote:
hohum wrote: You said you wanted to provide discussion fodder and that's what you're doing. Don't bitch about being in the spotlight. I shouldn't have to explain why deviating from the normal practice of random voting in any way is a scum tell, even if it's only a minor one.
I'm not bitching about being in the spotlight, i'm bitching about your stupidity! Have you ever played with Mastin! He always claims scum, gives his scum-partners, and self votes, is that the normal too?
hohum wrote: You're still at the top of my list.

Unvote, Vote Yabba
Then keep your vote on me damnit!
Get one thing straight: I will vote for WHOEVER I damned well please in order to aide myself in getting reads on people, pressuring them for information, etc.
bloodcovenant wrote:
hohum wrote:

I throw my vote around because it's the only tool that I have.
You inadvertently contradicted yourself, where did you do it? In the quote of yours above this one.
hohum wrote:
. People who like to pick apart quick wagons are simply wrong for doing so and they're doing the town a grave disservice.
Wrong, picking apart some wagons can be very helpful for the town.
You're wrong. Period. Clearly you need to go play in some more newbie games
BloodCovenant wrote:
hohum wrote:BloodCovenenant: quit defending your scum buddy.
Hohum: quite tunneling.
I'm not tunneling. I'm asking both of you questions in order to get a better read on the both of you. I'll keep doing this until I'm satisfied with the result.
BloodCovenant wrote:
hohum wrote:@BloodCovenant: I also noticed you're dodging questions. You've been asked something twice, and now I'm getting sort of curious myself. See post 44, post 33. You've posted twice now without answering. It shows you're either not really paying attention or you just don't care. Either way, it's scummy as hell and you need to stop.
seriously dude?
your so gay
, he asked one question...
one
. I'm not dodging questions, just overlooked it. I thought it was rhetorical, and I missed his post 44. You are taking a very large leap in saying that I am not paying attention, or me not caring. I do care, i'm just also in other games that this one, you of all people should know. Like I said, i over looked it, but I have responded to it now. It is not scummy as hell, and what do I need to stop? Something that cannot be stopped? If i've missed something, please, kindly point it out, don't dramatically thrust it on me, and suddenly call me scum becuase of it. You are taking huge assumptions, and twisting them to suit your purposes.
Now that's totally uncalled for. I'll expect an apology at the end of the game when I'm proven to be correct.

Also, scum points for you. I see you'd rather resort to ad-hom attacks than take me seriously. Do so at your own peril.
BloodCovenant wrote:
question dodging is not a scumtell at this point in time! Maybe if i was asked
several
, not just
one
question at deadline, and I posted several times, all evading the questions could you accuse me of that, and accuse me of being scum
at that point in time,
not now.
The problem is question dodging is indeed a scum tell. A major one too.
yabbaguy wrote: -BC, why are you blatantly defending me? Post 49 is really crappy, honestly. Where do you stand on hohum? Where do you stand on me?

This post screams "WE'RE BOTH SCUM, LYNCH US!" to me.
Yabbaguy wrote: You hohum, I'm well in the green at the moment. You're very actively engaged in finding scum, and that's good. What I'm not a fan of is that your scumhunting is trying to get me to do things I would not ordinarily do, like post a suspect list NOW when I would rather just be silently collecting notes.
Wrong answer. If you were indeed town-aligned then you should find me at least somewhat suspicious. My vote is currently on you and I have been pressuring you, after all. Your response indicates that you have some inside knowledge of the setup.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:36 am

Post by hohum »

Octupis wrote:Which of these do you find more important, throwing your vote around or aiding bandwagons?
Glad to see you joined the discussion. It's a very contextual question. There's usually a lot going on in your typical mafia game so sometimes getting information out of people is the priority; however, on the whole pack mentality in this game is a good thing and not a bad thing so I would typically aide a wagon if I have nothing better to do.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:40 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Wrong answer. If you were indeed town-aligned then you should find me at least somewhat suspicious
What does that mean? Nobody's found you suspicious really. I'm questioning a lot about you and some of your strategies, but really, I haven't derived a scumtell from it. I'm allowed to do that.
Your response indicates that you have some inside knowledge of the setup.
I'll confess, I know everything. I can truthfully tell you that there are 2 goons, a cop, a doc who can't save the cop, and 3 townies.

You were right, I knew it. Kudos.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:42 am

Post by hohum »

Sarcasm won't get you anywhere.

I'm liking my vote more and more.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:45 am

Post by hohum »

you know what I meant.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:52 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Aaaaaand I'm already pages behind in this game. Catching up today after work.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:57 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Now let's discuss something.

We've been doing laps around the other players in terms of post counts (Baltar says so himself in 81). You've been playing offense and been keeping me on the defense all game up to this point. However, as you're relentlessly staring me down, you seem to be forgetting that there are five other people with you. I'd say a good handful of them still have yet to contribute. And yet you're still merrily on your way to have me hanging from the gallows? Right now? Would you lynch me RIGHT NOW if you had it your way?

Slow down. Keep your vote if you want, but slow down. We still have a lot of game left, we've still got a lot to hear from some of the other, but contrary to your belief, you really are rushing this. You have several people around you that you haven't heard from yet. Hohum, please, I'm not trying to act superior, but please, do not say that I'm the right lynch until you've truly gotten a good taste of everyone else in play. I apologize if somehow my admittedly political statements are screwing with your head, but please, if you feel I haven't before, I am stating fact here, and that is something you cannot deny. I am not manipulating you, I do not have reason to manipulate you, and if you still think it's right after hearing everyone out thoroughly, I'll be right here.

I'll ask again, why do you think I should find you "somewhat suspicious"? Also, what do you mean by "inside knowledge" of the setup? I truly don't know what you mean.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:58 am

Post by yabbaguy »

EBWOP:
I'd say a good handful of them
still haven't contributed as much as we have between us, through no fault of their own.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:03 am

Post by hohum »

I don't need to slow down. There isn't 5 mysterious people in this game that we haven't heard from yet. We've heard from EVERYONE at this point.

This setup is essentially a smaller at faster version of the F11 setup run in the newbie queues. This particular setup rarely goes longer than 15-20 pages total, spread out over 2, 3 or 4 days. With 7 people things should be expected to move along at a slightly more rapid pace.

You're just looking for an excuse to back me off, and it isn't going to work.

What I meant by inside knowledge, is you seem to know who is scum and who isn't -- which means YOU'RE scum.
Charnel
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:06 am

Post by Charnel »

hohum wrote:I don't need to slow down. There isn't 5 mysterious people in this game that we haven't heard from yet. We've heard from EVERYONE at this point.
I doubt you have heard from Octupis, who hasn't given any opinion on the game.

and don't tunnel, but you have a point with the defence of your attack that yabba knew more. It is scummy. Yabba moved up my list.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:09 am

Post by hohum »

Charnel wrote:I doubt you have heard from Octupis, who hasn't given any opinion on the game.
Pay attention. He posted last night.
Charnel
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:10 am

Post by Charnel »

hohum wrote:
Charnel wrote:I doubt you have heard from Octupis, who hasn't given any opinion on the game.
Pay attention. He posted last night.
with answering two reactions on his random vote, and a random question about voting to you, IIRC.

those are not opinions.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:16 am

Post by hohum »

So what? He's at least asking questions and making a concerted effort to do some scum hunting, even if his contributions have been marginal up to this point. I answered his question and now I'm waiting to hear what he thinks of my answer. That's generally how this works.

You on the other hand aren't doing anything other than offering color commentary.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:47 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

hohum wrote:
You on the other hand aren't doing anything other than offering color commentary.
I feel that yabba is doing this too, and it irritates me.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:10 am

Post by yabbaguy »

I feel that yabba is doing this too, and it irritates me.
FOS: Bloodcovenent
(he's at L-2 already, if I counted correctly. If it's lower, I'll make it a vote.)

This is where I start to believe you're detached from the game on a level that seems scummy. First off, you're springboarding off a comment which made no mention to you, which is bizarrely opportunistic, and secondly, how in the world do you come up with that conclusion? Love me or hate me, saying that I've been coming up with nothing but fluff is completely incorrect.

Where am I just doing color commentary?

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:24 am

Post by muzzz »

@Charnel: You say I'm hiding behind a theory discussion with Yabba,
and
making a stronger case against BC. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think that's possible.
Most justified random vote ever:
"Vote: muzzz for making my girlfriend think you were me" - Rai
Octupis
Octupis
Goon
Octupis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Octupis »

Charnel wrote:you found the only two reactions on your post?

and you found a new way to start a theory discussion...

would you please make a next post?
Yes, what is your problem with that? You have not actually wrote anything productive, and then asked if I was going to post again? I am a newbie, but I think this is known as active lurking.
hohum wrote:
Octupis wrote:Which of these do you find more important, throwing your vote around or aiding bandwagons?
Glad to see you joined the discussion. It's a very contextual question. There's usually a lot going on in your typical mafia game so sometimes getting information out of people is the priority; however, on the whole pack mentality in this game is a good thing and not a bad thing so I would typically aide a wagon if I have nothing better to do.
I question you because from the game, I guessed you would say bandwagons are more important. Yet when you were on the BloodCovenent wagon you unvoted to vote Yabba. I was just curious.
VP Baltar wrote:Aaaaaand I'm already pages behind in this game. Catching up today after work.
I look forward to your post, I would like to hear more from you, as cheeky and hypocritical that sounds :P

[/game relevance]
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:50 am

Post by hohum »

Octupis wrote: Yes, what is your problem with that? You have not actually wrote anything productive, and then asked if I was going to post again? I am a newbie, but I think this is known as active lurking.
QFT.

@Charnel: are you going to actually do any scum hunting this game?

Who do you find suspicious and why?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:14 am

Post by hohum »

Also has anyone else noticed how neither Yabba nor BloodCovenant expressed any concern over the fact that I've referred to them as scum buddies several times already and I even went as far as to say that BC was defending Yabba (which yabba agreed with, BTW) and now they're trying to put some distance in between each other?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:42 am

Post by hohum »

@BC: why are you still voting no-lynch?
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:57 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

hohum wrote:@BC: why are you still voting no-lynch?
Sorry.

Unvote:
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:58 am

Post by hohum »

that's it? That's all you have to say for yourself at this point?

Unvote, Vote BloodCovenant

I like muzz's case on you.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by hohum »

(L-2)
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by muzzz »

I'm not sure how the concern is relevant. But other than that, I agree. Looking back, Yabba was almost defensive of BC in his reply to your 26. And then there's his fear of putting BC at L-1.
Most justified random vote ever:
"Vote: muzzz for making my girlfriend think you were me" - Rai

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”