BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

hohum wrote:that's it? That's all you have to say for yourself at this point?

Unvote, Vote BloodCovenant

I like muzz's case on you.
sorry, I'm in the middle of something irl, I can go into detail later. I really had no intention of no-lynching.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by hohum »

NP, take your time. I'll just camp my vote here until you've had time to make up more excuses.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by hohum »

Let me know when you're done lurking.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Ok, Neil Young's
Everybody Knows This is Nowhere
on the record player and a glass of rum in hand. Let's do this. Starting from about page 2.
Well, it was an odd thing to do. Since you're somewhat new on this site, where did you pick up the idea of voting no lynch in the RVS? Did you come up with it on your own?
yabba wrote:B) Calm your emotions. A level-headed town is an efficient town.
Why are you trying to direct people on how to play? How was hohum not being level-headed or emotional? I'm missing whatever you are getting at.
yabba wrote:c) he's stirring up discussion. Mastin selfvotes during RVS consistently for this precise reason.
Pro-tip: very little Mastin does is worth imitating.
yabba wrote:I'm not going to say scumtell automatically, but jumping outright and saying that you've found top suspects after a single RL day is irking me simply from a strategic vantage, town or scum.
Why does it bother you? Top suspect doesn't mean guaranteed scum. At the start of the game everyone should be even on your suspicion list. If someone does something scummy, wouldn't that automatically make them your top suspect in relation to the other players?
yabba wrote:Now sometimes, wagons can have another effect. Sometimes you can see that some of the latecomers on the wagon come up with a lousy excuse, and then you vote them for being opportunistic. In that case, the wagon serves a different pro-town purpose. While I think claiming there was nonexistant reasoning was incorrect, sometimes that happens.
yabba wrote:Let's not rush ourselves. Keep your minds level, your emotions calm, continue to question everything like you have been, and the suspects will emerge. Then even more suspicions fly, then the fun begins. Process!
I don't see much point to this sort of "advice". not really scumhunting.
Charnel wrote:, this is the experienced guy. Sorry to be relatively new, sir. Now it would be nice if you didn't try to gain any superiority, and just played the game.
Please don't forget that I know who you are. Don't expect to play the noob card in this game. +1 scumpoint
yabba wrote:- VP, not sure why he withheld sound logic when exchanging with Charnel. It wasn't out of frustration. Still, that's one thing.
And what why is this scummy? what is the scum motivation for it?

@yabba-how much evidence do you need to gather before you would be willing to vote somebody?
yabba wrote:VP Baltar, why weren't you willing to share your reasons for voting for BC?
It would not have served a pro-town purpose for me to reveal my reasons at that time.
BC wrote:seriously dude? your so gay
Seriously dude, this is against site rules on many levels. Knock it off.
BC wrote:I think you're both crappy town.
Well that should narrow down the scum pretty easily for you. Who are they?
muzzz wrote: Dodging questions is always a scumtell. You can argue that you weren't dodging, but that's it.
QFT

****side note: I disapprove of all this Mastin discussion. seriously, if you want to be successful at this game, he is not a person to model yourself after.****
yabba wrote:We've been doing laps around the other players in terms of post counts
So? If it is fruitful discussion, then it shouldn't be a problem. I think Octupis and myself are the only people who were mildly behind.
hohum wrote:With 7 people things should be expected to move along at a slightly more rapid pace.
Agreed.
Charnel wrote:you have a point with the defence of your attack that yabba knew more.
Charnel, explain this for me. What quote of yabba's indicated he has inside knowledge and explain how that quote means he has inside knowledge.
hohum wrote:now they're trying to put some distance in between each other?
What makes you feel so?

---------

Ok, fully caught up.
Mod, vote counts a bit more frequently please

I'll leave my vote until BC states who he would actually feel comfortable worth lynching. I also think Charnel is scummy as hell. Yabba's up there too. Octupis needs to post some more substantial content. hohum and muzzz are town so far to me.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by hohum »

Baltar wrote:Please don't forget that I know who you are. Don't expect to play the noob card in this game. +1 scumpoint
If you know anything about Charnel then you need to share it with the rest of us, as it could drastically alter the outcome of this game.
Baltar wrote:
hohum wrote:now they're trying to put some distance in between each other?
What makes you feel so?
The fact that they're now attacking each other and nobody else after an invigorating round of defending one another.
Baltar wrote:Ok, fully caught up. Mod, vote counts a bit more frequently please
I think he's doing fine. Remember, small game, doesn't require loads of attention. That's why it's given to newbie mods so often in the open game queue.

Try taking your own notes, it will probably help you in the long run, and I'm not just talking about being clued into vote counts either.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

@hohum

re:Charnel--he is an alt for someone else. I won't reveal who out of respect for privacy, but playing the newbie card is shady at best.

re:vote counts and taking notes--vote counts need to happen more than once every five pages, plain and simple. As far as notes, I'm aware of the benefits.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

@hohum-94: Let's also tie in muzz 99's post. My defense of BC when you pegged as top suspects was to further my point that you already calling out top suspects was a little strange. I was trying to show the point that you were a bit jumpy.

I hadn't had any full-blown suspicions of BC when I defended him. Really though, even in the sketchy suspicion list you asked me for, you see that I had a wary eye on him. At the moment, he's scummiest. He's not my scumbuddy.

@muzz-99: I don't want the Day to be over yet. That's why I don't want L-1.

One reason- Octupis. I haven't heard much from him in the way of suspicion lists. By this point, I think most of us have a suspect list, and I'm a little puzzled why his posts have been short, brief, and no real full-blown suspicions indicated. It could be RL issues, for all I know.

@VP-103: The fact that "top suspect" is such a volatile term in the early stages is what bothers me. Yes, you can have a top suspect, but really, it's not viable, and in the case of hohum, has led to him jumping to conclusions.

In terms of my advice, when hohum is investigating me, and
slowly
alarmingly quickly becoming more and more sure that I'm scum, my defense response was to make him realize that his *way* of approaching my investigation of me was incorrect, in addition to pointing out the flaws in his argument. That's how I decided to go at it. I tried to include self-defenses of myself, and if I didn't, well, I suck.

I really don't know how you quantify evidence. It's more a measure of time, but come to think, my measure of time is probably a bit warped, considering that I wanted this D1 to last a hell of a lot longer than it probably is going to realistically. So truthfully, I have no answer to that question. I think this is inexperience biting my ass here, since I've only played one game prior to this.

I guess "when I've heard enough from everyone" is the timer I use, upon self-analysis. And again, I want a little more out of Octupis, so I'm not in any hurry.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by hohum »

VP Baltar wrote:@hohum

re:Charnel--he is an alt for someone else. I won't reveal who out of respect for privacy, but playing the newbie card is shady at best.
If charnel really wanted privacy he would have kept it a secret from you too. The fact that you know is pause for suspicion. You two working together, or what?

I'm an alt too, but I don't hide behind that fact. I'm very open about my meta.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by hohum »

I'm all about outing alts.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

who are you an alt of hohum?

Charnel accidently outed himself, that is how I know who he is and also why I say I am willing to respect his privacy.
YOUR AD HERE

hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by hohum »

Post a link please. If he "accidentally" outed himself it should not matter anymore. Why bother keepng it a secret if it's already public knowledge?

I'm a dcorbe alt. Some of my gameplay has been admittedly piss-poor but that's not the reason for the alt. The reason for the alt is my name is "Daniel Corbe" and I just simply don't want my bad behavior on MS linked to me when you google search my name (or at least I wanted to attempt to minimize it)
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:49 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Vote Count:

L-1
NONE

L-2
BloodCovenent - (VP Baltar, hohum)

L-3
yabbaguy - (muzzz)
muzzz - (Charnel)
Charnel - (Octupis)

With seven alive, it is four to lynch.
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
Charnel
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:38 pm

Post by Charnel »

VP Baltar wrote:
Charnel wrote:you have a point with the defence of your attack that yabba knew more.
Charnel, explain this for me. What quote of yabba's indicated he has inside knowledge and explain how that quote means he has inside knowledge.
I didn't like his sarcastic defense. That is a scummy way to defend it, and means that hohum is more likely right in his assumption that yabba is scum.

and on that "playing the newby card": I didn't. I reacted on a post where I felt treated like a newby, and felt the need to react on that "experienced" guy. The reason why I also told that I didn't like him trying to look superior. It is far from playing the newby card.

and hohum: it won't help you a bit. You haven't played with me yet, and the only reason that I play under this account is because I wanted to try to improve my town game, without getting meta problems.
one would hardly have joy without another's suffering, no?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:43 pm

Post by hohum »

I don't really care whether you think it will help me or not. That's just an excuse not to reveal your alt.

Cut your losses now. If you REALLY want to play with some privacy then create another account and be more careful about outing yourself in the future.

Your meta may or may not be helpful, but that's for me to decide, not you.
Octupis
Octupis
Goon
Octupis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:40 pm

Post by Octupis »

yabbaguy wrote:One reason- Octupis. I haven't heard much from him in the way of suspicion lists. By this point, I think most of us have a suspect list, and I'm a little puzzled why his posts have been short, brief, and no real full-blown suspicions indicated. It could be RL issues, for all I know.
A mix of both I guess. I was at a funeral on thursday so I didn't post an awful lot.

I am suspicious of Charnel and BloodCovenent at the moment.

Charnel-I would also like to know who you are the alt of. You have been active lurking for most of the game, have been making certain mistakes
which I would not expect from experienced players. The fact you hide behind the guise of a newbie creates suspicion, because if you were town you would not pretend to be a newbie which can hinder the town
. Pretending to be inexperienced and new would make you less of a target because some of your scummy behaviour might just be put down to you being new.
Fos Charnel

Asking for reasons for VP Baltar's vote on BloodCovenent when it was obvious.

Picking apart the wagon at the beginning of the game.

BloodCovenent-The same offence to a certain extent. He posts a lot but alas not much of that is any use either. If you like at the first few posts of BloodCovenent you will notice that they are also void of opinion and are just a bunch of rhetorical questions or seemingly serious votes which later claims are jokes: When he does post something other than rhetorical questions he makes flase allegations and uses personal attacks: Notice also how he only ever defends against allegations and is not actively scumhunting. Alas I sympathise with problems in real life as I have suffered from that over the past few days.

I will tentatively
Unvote
for now, although I am suspicious of Charnel, that was a joke vote so I feel it neccesary to remove it now we have left the RVS.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Charnel wrote:I didn't like his sarcastic defense. That is a scummy way to defend it, and means that hohum is more likely right in his assumption that yabba is scum.
I'm more interested in the "inside knowledge" part however, because I don't see where that is coming from and you agreed with it. Cite the quote for me and point out how it implies that yabba has inside knowledge.

Unvote, Vote Charnel

Charnel wrote:It is far from playing the newby card.
While I agree that acting superior based on time on site is annoying and is fair to be called out, what bothered me was you saying:
Sorry to be relatively new, sir.
You directly state that you're new on the site, which is playing the noob card to me. I don't like it.

re: outting Charnel--I'm not going to do it hohum. I don't think it is necessary to the game and is more an issue of you wanting to feed your curiosity. You know enough simply by knowing he is an alt. If he wants you to know for game related reasons, then that is his decision.
Octupis wrote:I will tentatively Unvote for now, although I am suspicious of Charnel, that was a joke vote so I feel it neccesary to remove it now we have left the RVS.
So, you are just going to wait to see which wagon gets steam before you put a vote down? If you are suspicious of Charnel, I don't understand the need to unvote him...particularly if he isn't currently in danger of a lynch.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:11 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

BloodCovenent wrote:
hohum wrote:@BloodCovenant: I also noticed you're dodging questions. You've been asked something twice, and now I'm getting sort of curious myself. See post 44, post 33. You've posted twice now without answering. It shows you're either not really paying attention or you just don't care. Either way, it's scummy as hell and you need to stop.
seriously dude?
your so gay,
he asked one question...
one
. I'm not dodging questions, just overlooked it. I thought it was rhetorical, and I missed his post 44. You are taking a very large leap in saying that I am not paying attention, or me not caring. I do care, i'm just also in other games that this one, you of all people should know. Like I said, i over looked it, but I have responded to it now. It is not scummy as hell, and what do I need to stop? Something that cannot be stopped? If i've missed something, please, kindly point it out, don't dramatically thrust it on me, and suddenly call me scum becuase of it. You are taking huge assumptions, and twisting them to suit your purposes.
Not to mention you said that I was dodging questions, i only missed one. why would you presume there was more? How did you come up with more than one question that I missed? You twisted others text, came up with false information and used it against me, that in itself is scummy.

One last thing that I would like to say to all players. Sorry for using the unpopular term gay, but really? You're all going to take offense to that? When, i'm willing to put money down, most, if not all players in this game have used the same phrase as me, against their friends, parents, enemies in real life, and no one has attacked them for it.Why? Because it is a phrase that is taken lightly, in a joking manner in general. And what pisses me off, is when you guys turn what I sad around, used it to attack me, when all of you have done it in real life, and can now use it to your advantage on here, against me.

Also, when i said that "vulgar" phrase, everyone jumped on that, and ignored the rest of the paragraph! No one has responded to that paragraph yet!!
Octupis
Octupis
Goon
Octupis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:12 am

Post by Octupis »

VP Baltar wrote:
Octupis wrote:I will tentatively Unvote for now, although I am suspicious of Charnel, that was a joke vote so I feel it neccesary to remove it now we have left the RVS.
So, you are just going to wait to see which wagon gets steam before you put a vote down? If you are suspicious of Charnel, I don't understand the need to unvote him...particularly if he isn't currently in danger of a lynch.
They were only suspicions. I am not yet sure of who I think is scum.

Regarding your first comment, would you have a problem if a theoretically just waited for a bandwagon?

If you think that your cause of pressuring Charnel would be enhanced by my vote, I am willing to co-operate.
Vote Charnel
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:17 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Scummy post - You should not have had to wait for someone to reaffirm your idea, thought, or whatever it was in order for you to keep your vote on him. your vote is your most important tool for the town. Use it frequently to apply pressure.

Vote: Octupis
Octupis
Octupis
Goon
Octupis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:28 am

Post by Octupis »

BloodCovenent wrote:Scummy post - You should not have had to wait for someone to reaffirm your idea, thought, or whatever it was in order for you to keep your vote on him. your vote is your most important tool for the town. Use it frequently to apply pressure.

Vote: Octupis
Did you read what I wrote?
Octupis wrote:If you think that your cause of pressuring Charnel would be enhanced by my vote, I am willing to co-operate.
Vote Charnel
I realised VP Baltar wanted to pressure Charnel but I had unvoted meaning little pressure would be applied. I revoted Charnel to pressure him thus aiding the town. VP Baltar's post has not altered my opinion on Charnel, I am still as unsure as I was when I unvoted because I only had suspicions. I have revoted, not because VP Baltar's post gave me confidence but I saw that he wanted to pressure Charnel so I used my vote to do so and hopefully get some more information for the town.

Also, I see you have been using your vote an awful lot to pressure people[/sarcasm]
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:43 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

so you knew that someone wanted to pressure him, and you still unvoted? All the while, you had suspicions on Charnel. But VP didn't put the pressure on until after you had already unvoted. And you didn't Re-vote, until VP votes. Do you see why this is scummy? Could be some scum-team like interactions here.

Is that all correct?
Charnel
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:50 am

Post by Charnel »

Hohum, you are surprisingly aggressive for a person who could have looked at all the games VP and I posted together in: I am also known as Mykonian.

Octupis wrote:I am suspicious of Charnel and BloodCovenent at the moment.
great opening. You pick the two players mostly noticed by all in the last page. Now lets see why. You start with me:
Charnel-I would also like to know who you are the alt of. You have been active lurking for most of the game, have been making certain mistakes
which I would not expect from experienced players. The fact you hide behind the guise of a newbie creates suspicion, because if you were town you would not pretend to be a newbie which can hinder the town
. Pretending to be inexperienced and new would make you less of a target because some of your scummy behaviour might just be put down to you being new.
Fos Charnel
Didn't even take the trouble to read my reaction on it, doesn't care. I didn't pretend that, and if you read what my reaction is on, you wouldn't have said this: blatantly following VP's attack without reading the defense.

and I have no idea where you get the gut from to accuse people of lurking:
vote Octupis
hypocrite and follower.
Asking for reasons for VP Baltar's vote on BloodCovenent when it was obvious.
I'd like a why, even if it is on a selfvote, or a no-lynch vote: so I can check it. I don't care what is obvious, I want it to be said. Plus, on page 1, there are far worse questions to make.
I will tentatively
Unvote
for now, although I am suspicious of Charnel, that was a joke vote so I feel it neccesary to remove it now we have left the RVS.
What a mess you make here: later you even need to tell us it is a pressure vote, just to be sure we won't attack you for weak reasoning. Can I order a lynch please?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Don't link me to Octupis when I'm the one that pointed out his scummy unvote. That's complete BS, BC.

As far as my vote on Charnel, it's not for pressure. He has acted scummy and my vote shows my lynching intent as of this point in time.
YOUR AD HERE

Charnel
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:57 am

Post by Charnel »

Octupis wrote:I realised VP Baltar wanted to pressure Charnel but I had unvoted meaning little pressure would be applied. I revoted Charnel to pressure him thus aiding the town. VP Baltar's post has not altered my opinion on Charnel, I am still as unsure as I was when I unvoted because I only had suspicions. I have revoted, not because VP Baltar's post gave me confidence but I saw that he wanted to pressure Charnel so I used my vote to do so and hopefully get some more information for the town.
If you know I'm not a newby, then don't treat me like one! "oh, I pressure him with my vote, now he will tell me everything seeing I am so treathening"

get real: you only say it is a pressure vote to actually make clear it is not seriously for a lynch, and therefor it doesn't work.
Also, I see you have been using your vote an awful lot to pressure people[/sarcasm]
I see you did a lot of scumhunting[/sarcasm] you actually waited for VP and Hohum to do the job for you.
Charnel
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:01 am

Post by Charnel »

VP Baltar wrote:
Charnel wrote:I didn't like his sarcastic defense. That is a scummy way to defend it, and means that hohum is more likely right in his assumption that yabba is scum.
I'm more interested in the "inside knowledge" part however, because I don't see where that is coming from and you agreed with it. Cite the quote for me and point out how it implies that yabba has inside knowledge.
it was the point he was defending

Charnel wrote:It is far from playing the newby card.
While I agree that acting superior based on time on site is annoying and is fair to be called out, what bothered me was you saying:
Sorry to be relatively new, sir.
You directly state that you're new on the site, which is playing the noob card to me. I don't like it.
and the fact that I actually attack the person treating me like a newby, and say I don't like it doesn't make this point null?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”