OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Mini 822 - Bleach Mafia: Soul Society - GAME OVER

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:07 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

The rogue shinigami Rukia Kuchiki has been brought back to Soul Society to face justice for her crimes in the real world. A group of outsiders, Ryoka, have broken into Seireitei with the intention of saving her from execution, and it doesn't take long before order breaks down into chaos.

Ready for Battle:
(bold is confirmed)
1. Gorrad

2. Kast

3. Kise

4. Kmd4390

7. Mastin

9. GLaDOS
replaced Pim during confirmations
10. SpyreX

12. ZEEnon

Injured

5. Konowa

Dead

8. PhilyEc -
Ikkaku Madarame, 3rd Seat, Squad 11
- Lynched Day One

11. Vaya -
Akon, Shinigami, Squad 12
- Killed Night One

6. malthusis -
Hiyosu, Shinigami, Squad 12
- Lynched Day Two

RULES OF THE GAME

1. I am the mod. My word is law.

2. I am fallible. If you believe I have made a mistake, for instance in a votecount, kindly point it out and I will fix it. If you have more serious grievances, please PM me.

3. This is a game. The point is to have fun. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

4. Do not quote private communications with me or with other players. This includes your role PM. Breaking this rule will result in a modkill.

5. You may not discuss the game outside the thread unless permitted to do so by your role.

6. Votes should be made in bold, such as
Vote: OhGodMyLife
. When changing your vote, please
Unvote: OGML
. This is not entirely necessary but makes my job easier. For the same reason, please put all votes at the bottom of your posts. You may use nicknames and acronyms as long as it is reasonably clear who you are referring to.

7. A lynch suffers the requirement of a simple majority. If there is no majority at deadline,
there will be no lynch

8. Once a majority is reached, that player is lynched and no further votes or unvotes will be counted.

9. Once you are dead, you are dead. No more posting, not even a "Bah!" post. Save it for the endgame discussion.

10. This game will have fixed deadlines. Each day phase will last
two weeks
and each night phase will last
72 hours

11. You are expected to post at least once in every
72 hour period
. Failure to do so will result in a prod. Failure to respond to a prod within the next 48 hours will mean replacement. If you require a prod more than three times during the course of the game you may simply be replaced.

12. This game is a commitment, to me and to your fellow players. Treat it as such.

SPECIAL THEME RULES

13. Posting images (or links to images) is strictly forbidden. If you break this rule and I deem the picture game related
you will be modkilled
. If you post a non-game related picture, you will receive one warning, and a second infraction will result in a modkill.

SPECIAL GAME MECHANICS

-Power Levels
Each player is assigned a power level in their role PM. The following are all of the possible power levels in ascending order, along with example character(s) at each power level.

1 - Shinigami (
Makizo Aramaki
)
2 - Officer (
Hanataro Yamada, Ganju Shiba
)
3 - Lieutenant (
Ikkaku Madarame, Renji Abarai
)
4 - Captain (
Byakuya Kuchiki, Ichigo Kurosaki
)
5 - Captain-Commander (
Aizen Sosuke
)

-Injury
The effective power level of any player placed in the injured category is reduced by one as long as that player remains injured. It is possible for a player's effective power level to be zero.
Win Condition - Town:
You win when all threats to Soul Society have been eliminated.
Roles are being randomized and distributed. Please confirm by PM that you have received and understand your role and win condition. Any role which allows night talk may do so until the game begins. The game will start 24-48 hours after the last confirmation is in.
Last edited by OhGodMyLife on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

GLaDOS replaces Pim. Thanks GLaDOS!

The game will officially begin within the next 24 hours.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:29 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

"The Ryoka have stolen Shinigami robes and even now hide amongst the loyal soldiers of the Gotei 13. Do not be fooled by their trickery."

As the Hell Butterflies flutter away, paranoid suspicion quickly sets in.

It is now Day One. With 12 alive, it will take 7 votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is Friday, August 7th at 10 PM Eastern.
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:37 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

Target acquired.

Vote: Vaya
"Aperture Science: We do what we must because we can."
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:19 am

Post by SpyreX »

This just in:

Mastin is NARUTO

Thats right. ITS ALL A RUSE.

Vote: Mastin
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:00 am

Post by Konowa »

/in before Mastin.

Speaking of which.

vote Mastin
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:06 am

Post by Mastin »

Right, so it's good to be back with 'bout half of the gang. I will be trying to play as much like I did in the last this game, 'cause I liked it. Of course, updated with a more pro-town than normal style.

Which is why I won't be self-voting and claiming scum. Oh, I'll still kill the RVS; trust me on that.

I just will do it in different ways than I normally do.

First off, for those who don't know,
The last game will help you a lot.

Now, let's deliver on my promise.

I'll kill the RVS with my choice of debates:

Role speculation. Of course, I'm expecting any result from this, from scummy, to completely worthless, all the way to the far reaches of possibly pro-town.

Let's start with the scum.

Soske Aizen, Ichimaru Gin, and Tousen. Near-100% certainty on this.
If we have a Serial Killer, probably a Menos Grande or something like that.

Now, here's why:

The three of them were the villains of this arc. That makes them the mafia, almost guaranteed. Good guys can be almost any role, but I am expecting maybe two main characters max, and probably not that many well-known characters.

Anyway, Soske Aizen will be a Mafia Godfather. His Shikai allows for illusions that can't be broken except for by his will, essentially.
Perfect role for a Godfather.

Tousen's likely a roleblocker. One of his two Shikais knocks a person out, and his bankai removes all of a person's senses except for touch. Sounds perfect for stoppoing a person.
He might also be a Mafia Traitor, considering Tousen was someone who barely fit into the type to be a traitor to Soul Society. This would also fit with the previous installment of this game, where the roleblocker was once a M. Traitor.

A possible alternative to any possible Mafia Traitor would be Rangiku. She was close to joining Gin and they were long-time friends, to say the least.

Speaking of which, Gin can be any role. He is probably a Mafia Redirector, given his ability to throw people off and the fact that it fits with the previous game.

Also, I am theorizing that some people have the ability to increase their power levels, via enablers. Like in the last game, where there were two enablers. We have five power levels here. It's not that hard to imagine someone getting stronger, especially as it actually DID happen. (Ichigo went from Lieutenant Level [fighting Renji and only just beating him] to Captain Level [first against Kempachi, but for the sake of this argument, that won't count] after training under Yoruichi.

Obviously, not everyone's power level can increase, but I imagine some can.

We can discuss that.

In case it wasn't clear by the above, let's give a message impossible to miss:
The RVS is now DEAD. Attempts to extend it after this will be treated as extremely scummy.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:10 am

Post by Mastin »

*Please note I typed that in Notepad, so there will be typos. Like this:
Sounds perfect for
stoppoing
a person.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Konowa »

I find it interesting that you are naming who the scum are with near-100% certainty when we have not had a flip yet.
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Mastin »

GLaDOS wrote:... Processing ...

Target acquired.

Vote: Vaya.
Reasoning?
Spy wrote:This just in:

Mastin is NARUTO

Thats right. ITS ALL A RUSE.

Vote: Mastin
(Oh, hey, I JUST found out about the Quote Selected feature accidentally. Selected Spy's message and wanted to paste it inside of quote tags, but instead of clicking inside the box, I accidentally clicked Quote selected and was shocked to see exactly what I had meant to put in there. :P)

That vote better not be permanent--I am going to try and hold back, here.

Why the vote for me, Spy?
And why for those reasons?
Kon wrote:/in before Mastin.

Speaking of which.

vote Mastin
Why the bandwagon on me, Konowa?

I will not vote 'til I get answers from all of the above, but I do have an idea of who to vote.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:17 am

Post by Mastin »

Konowa wrote:I find it interesting that you are naming who the scum are with near-100% certainty when we have not had a flip yet.
Do you honestly think that the main characters are the mafia?

I sure as heck don't.

If not the main characters, how about hollows?

Been there, done that, that was last game, there aren't any left to fight.

Conclusion: The Mafia are the three villains of this arc.

And I'd be surprised if I were wrong.

*sighs* We need Albert, here... :P
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:22 am

Post by Konowa »

All I am saying is that it is a little fool-hardy to name with near-certainty who the scum are going to be without a flip. The main characters
might
be the mafia. We do not know yet.

To answer your question, random stage wagons in my opinion are win for the town. The reason I voted you instead of Vaya was because I know of you. That is all really.
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Mastin »

1. Gorrad
7. Mastin
8. PhilyEc
9. GLaDOS
12. ZEEnon

Just under half. :/

Those who I have known at least in one point in time:

1. Gorrad
3. Kise
4. Kmd4390
5. Konowa
8. PhilyEc
9. GLaDOS
10. SpyreX
12. ZEEnon

Those that I know Recently:

Gorrad
(Kinda sorta know.)
3. Kise
4. Kmd4390
5. Konowa
PhilyEc
(Also kinda sorta)
10. SpyreX
ZEEnon
(Again, kinda sorta)

I am expecting those listed up there as very likely going to react negatively towards me throughout the game, and are probably going to wonder just what I'm doing, but likely back me up when I say it's null.

Let's see if it holds true.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Mastin »

Kon wrote:All I am saying is that it is a little fool-hardy to name with near-certainty who the scum are going to be without a flip. The main characters might be the mafia. We do not know yet.
-Ichigo Kurosaki
-(later) Renji Abari (after he recovered)
-Uryuu Ishida
-Chad Sado
-Orihime Inue
-Ganju Shiba

That's a mighty-strong mafia, no?

They're not going to be the mafia.
Kon wrote:To answer your question, random stage wagons in my opinion are win for the town. The reason I voted you instead of Vaya was because I know of you. That is all really.
And in my experience, scum are on an early wagon more often than town.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:55 am

Post by Konowa »

You are either ignoring the point I am trying to make or not understanding me. To say with near-certainty that Aizen, Gin, and Tousen
are
the scum is a little short-sighted. Taking the arc at face-value is reckless. There are a few scenarios off the top of my head that I can think of that would fit several different people as scum. Flavor-hunting instead of scum-hunting is scummy. This is all I am going to say on the subject until we have a scum-flip.
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:59 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...
Mastin, Post 9 wrote:Reasoning?
I am not going to bother thinking of a sarcastic way to disregard this question. Do not waste my time with trivial questions such as this in the future.

~

FoS: Mastin

I do wonder if you are trying to get the town into believing the opposite of what I think is a fairly likely possibility in this game. This section of my post was originally going to be a declining on the offer for set-up speculation since I believe it to be more informative to the scum than the town (especially if it helps them with their role-claims). However, in order to prevent your speculation from sticking as "the way it is":
OhGodMyLife wrote:
The rogue shinigami Rukia Kuchiki has been brought back to Soul Society to face justice for her crimes in the real world.
A group of outsiders, Ryoka
, have broken into Seireitei with the intention of saving her from execution, and it doesn't take long before order breaks down into chaos.
OhGodMyLife wrote:
"The
Ryoka
have stolen Shinigami robes and even now hide amongst the loyal soldiers of the Gotei 13. Do not be fooled by their trickery."
It is my impression that the 'human' protagonists is likely the mafia – i.e., Ryoka – for the purposes of this game. At this point in time of the series, the "threats" to Soul Society were precisely Ichigo, Sado, Inoue, and Uryuu.

Since I have now made this speculation public, I will just claim that my character is a member of Soul Society, but that I am not Gin, Aizen, or Tousen.

The fact that I felt compelled to make these clarifications on my character in my second post of the game is good reason to dislike early set-up speculation. If speculation is incorrect, then it helps to confuse the town; if speculation is correct, then it helps to inform the mafia on how to play. Speculation
should
be saved for when it is very likely to actually help the town, which is not presently the case.

I suggest that other players not narrow down their role name in the manner I just did. Currently, I will not automatically assume that a claim from either proposed mafia group is, in fact, mafia.

~

On another note, please stop referring to Konowa as Kon, since Kon himself is a Bleach character.
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:00 am

Post by ZEEnon »

I look forward to playing with you all!
I was going to vote Pim for taking so long for confirming, but he/she got replaced.

Mastin wrote:Let's start with the scum.

Soske Aizen, Ichimaru Gin, and Tousen. Near-100% certainty on this.
If we have a Serial Killer, probably a Menos Grande or something like that.
I'm under the impression that the main characters such as Ichigo are the scum due to this:

OhGodMyLife wrote:
"The Ryoka have stolen Shinigami robes and even now hide amongst the loyal soldiers of the Gotei 13. Do not be fooled by their trickery."
http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Ryoka
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:06 am

Post by ZEEnon »

Mastin wrote:(Oh, hey, I JUST found out about the Quote Selected feature accidentally. Selected Spy's message and wanted to paste it inside of quote tags, but instead of clicking inside the box, I accidentally clicked Quote selected and was shocked to see exactly what I had meant to put in there. )
You're slow. :P

Mastin wrote:*sighs* We need Albert, here...
I know, huh?

One thing Mastin, you need to realize that last game there was an large amount of unexpected characters in the game.
If we only believed the characters that
should
have been in that arc, Gorrad would not have been lynched.
I would expect that this set up is similar in that the characters will not be conventional to the regular story.
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:04 am

Post by Mastin »

Konowa wrote:You are either ignoring the point I am trying to make or not understanding me. To say with near-certainty that Aizen, Gin, and Tousen are the scum is a little short-sighted. Taking the arc at face-value is reckless. There are a few scenarios off the top of my head that I can think of that would fit several different people as scum. Flavor-hunting instead of scum-hunting is scummy. This is all I am going to say on the subject until we have a scum-flip.
It makes sense to me, I bring it up.
Don't care about how scummy it seems; I got discussion going.

At least I didn't self-vote and claim scum.
GLaDOS wrote:It is my impression that the 'human' protagonists is likely the mafia – i.e., Ryoka – for the purposes of this game. At this point in time of the series, the "threats" to Soul Society were precisely Ichigo, Sado, Inoue, and Uryuu.
That's four.
And Renji later joins them.
Ganju also tagged along.
Hanataro did as well.

Far, far too many to be mafia.

I, too, am a Soul Reaper, not Aizen, Gin, or Tousen, if it means anything.
Doesn't change the fact that I seriously doubt that the Ryoka are scum.
Zee wrote:One thing Mastin, you need to realize that last game there was an large amount of unexpected characters in the game.
If we only believed the characters that should have been in that arc, Gorrad would not have been lynched.
I would expect that this set up is similar in that the characters will not be conventional to the regular story.
Precisely.
The main characters were the focal point of the arc, although most captains+lieutenants got a good deal of spotlight time as well.

I'm betting that we have very few of the main characters in the game, but those that are will be pro-town.
The expected characters are the main protagonists and captains/lieutenants that get lots of spotlight time. (Like Toshiro and Kempachi)

*Is about to leave and is hungry*,
So forgive me if the above seems rushed/doesn't have as good logic as I'd normally give.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:06 am

Post by Kast »

Checking in.

-I also suspect that the mafia would be the ryoka based on the opening posts.

-I disagree with post 13 that the ryoka as mafia would be too strong. While I don't believe there would be a 6 man mafia, it would be easy to pick members from that list that canvas the example power levels.

-I dislike that Mastin immediately named multiple characters as probable scum. Reactions from players to his post have a much greater chance of revealing relevant information to scum than to town. If players choose not to comment on it, then Mastin, even if not scum himself, has provided "apparently" legitimate positions from which to attack those players.

It doesn't appear to have been a problem so far.

@Mod-

-Is it fine if I post questions to mod in ooc tags?
-During the course of the game, can you provide the power level that a particular character would have on request?
-Are there any other effects of being on the injured list other than having a reduced power level?
-Are injuries cumulative, ie. can a player on the injured list be injured a second time and suffer two+ reductions in power level?
-Is it possible for a player to have a negative power level?

Also FYI, won't be around this weekend (or most weekends). Thinking about...garlic...
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:18 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...
Mastin, Post 18 wrote:Far, far too many to be mafia.
You are acting is if there were only three or four Hollows that could have been scum in the first game.

For those who did not play in the first installment of Bleach, in the first game, we were told the threats were Hollows, and all four scum turned out to be Hollows. In this game, we are told the threats are Ryoka wearing Shinigami robes. I find the conclusion from this nearly foregone, but I am not close-minded on the matter.

~

Please
do not
speculate as to the make-up of the Town - whether we have major characters, minor characters, etc. Where there is argument to be had on whether speculating about the scum is informative and/or helpful to the scum, it is simply a fact that speculating as to the make-up of the town is informative and helpful to the scum. As I recall, the scum did not make the most stellar fake-claims last game: let's keep it that way in this game.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:21 am

Post by Gorrad »

I believe that GLaDOS is right, and it's the humans.

KEEP IN MIND: I was mafia in the first game, and what we got as our safeclaim was that only x number of people (I think it was 2) who were in the picture in the opening post were in the game.

Now that the lightning round was different, the ranks of power has made me have to hold in a quote for a good while:

Wait, frik, I can't post images. Ah well, may as well just say it.

My power level? OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!!!111one1!!!1
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:22 am

Post by Gorrad »

...why did that say 'was different'. I meant 'is over'. I must have been thinking different and typed it for some reason...
PhilyEc
PhilyEc
Mafia Scum
PhilyEc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:25 am

Post by PhilyEc »

Yo, Mastin, why do you give so many sentences in your posts [enter] partings, making it seem longer? Why not write in paragraphs, are you trying to use dramatic pauses or something?

Example
Do you honestly think that the main characters are the mafia?

I sure as heck don't.

If not the main characters, how about hollows?

Been there, done that, that was last game, there aren't any left to fight.

Conclusion: The Mafia are the three villains of this arc.

And I'd be surprised if I were wrong.
Do you honestly think that the main characters are the mafia? I sure as heck don't. If not the main characters, how about hollows? Been there, done that, that was last game, there aren't any left to fight.
Conclusion: The Mafia are the three villains of this arc. (And I'd be surprised if I were wrong).
Nyeh? Anyways, looking Mastins' murdering of the RVS in favour of speculating what scum are, its a good idea in theory, though I think Glados brought up better points. The enemy are most likely Rokuya (whatever the Gotei 13 decided to address them as =_=). Perhaps Aizen is a serial killer/Survivor seeing as how he comes out of nowhere with his serious amount of power right at the end of the arc, thar be my speculation, speculate on it.
kortskorts (14:18:48): haylen wants more porno-related questions
SimplyAwesome64 (14:19:11): :O no it dont!
jdodge1019 (14:20:06): then why do you keep using the blowjob emoticon
SimplyAwesome64 (14:20:19): >.>
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:29 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Mastin, I know nothing about the theme, so most of what is in your posts means nothing to me.

Let's do something else to get real discussion though. Ready for this?

Anyone who can injure someone during the day should target me.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”