Mini 816: Revenge of the Monkey(GAME OVER!)

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:23 am

Post by charter »

Devestation wrote:You cant seriously expect to pull off a bandwagon lynch in the RVS...

Unvote so we don't have any accidents :P
I don't see any reason to unvote.

Could it really be this easy? Scott and Devestation being scum together?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:29 am

Post by charter »

Oh, also, who said anything about a lynch?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:41 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Scott Brosius wrote:Any reason for a third vote on me with no explanation when we are pretty much still in the RVS?
Here, have another vote!

Vote Scott Brosius
[/quote]

Unvote: Sajin
Vote: charter

Granted, Scott Brosius should not be panicking over an L-4, but that's still cheap.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:43 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

EBWOP to fix quote tags:
charter wrote:
Scott Brosius wrote:Any reason for a third vote on me with no explanation when we are pretty much still in the RVS?
Here, have another vote!

Vote Scott Brosius
And just in case there's technicalities involved with my messed-up post,
unvote: Scott Brosius
and
vote: charter

Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:43 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Hardly panic, just curious since there was no reason.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:45 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

No reason given by Adam I mean.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:51 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

That doesn't excuse charter from voting you for asking about it, which is why I voted him.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:45 am

Post by charter »

What do you mean "doesn't excuse charter"? What is wrong with piling on the largest bandwagon?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:49 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

The fact that Scott Brosius asked why he's being bandwagoned and you added a vote seemingly just for kicks was enough to set off my alarm. Also, "piling on the largest bandwagon" isn't exactly a pro-town move (best case scenario being a null tell).

Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:19 am

Post by Konowa »

Devestation wrote:Albany Park?

unvote
btw.
Any reasoning?

@Stranger- Is there anything wrong with bandwagons?
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
AdamNW
AdamNW
Townie
AdamNW
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:09 am

Post by AdamNW »

I only voted because everyone else did. I didn't know we were still actually waiting on people >_>

If this doesn't start before the 29th I won't be able to play.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Konowa »

I am going to let someone else tackle that as my brain is now officially burnt trying to understand what it means.

*goes off to find a shot glass*
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Sajin »

AdamNW wrote:I only voted because everyone else did. I didn't know we were still actually waiting on people >_>

If this doesn't start before the 29th I won't be able to play.
This game is a day start. The game has officially begun.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:22 am

Post by Sajin »

charter wrote:What do you mean "doesn't excuse charter"? What is wrong with piling on the largest bandwagon?

Um....wow.

If you do not have a reason for it, its usually considered a tell.
Devestation wrote:Albany Park?

unvote
btw.
Devestation wrote:You cant seriously expect to pull off a bandwagon lynch in the RVS...

Unvote so we don't have any accidents :P
@Devestation- I find your unvote and then post of a reason much later an attempt to not look scummy.

unvote; vote: Devestation
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Snake
Snake
Townie
Snake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:30 am

Post by Snake »

@Dev - Why did you unvote without any reasons at the time?

@Charter - There's a lot wrong with piling on the largest bandwagon. I've seen town quickhammer, so if that were to happen it wouldn't automatically mean isn't scumkill the next day, especially since most scum are smart enough not to to lead the bandwagon to a lynch. I know he was only at L-3, but you voted him without reason and, in post 50, continue to imply that you really think he's scum. Like someone said, it's a tell, so you've become the closest thing I have to a real suspect. Congrats.

Unvote Vote: Charter

@Scott - What do you think of Charter voting you so quickly without reason? I wouldn't say you panicked, but being at L-4 isn't something to make mention off.
ryan2754
ryan2754
Goon
ryan2754
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:28 am

Post by ryan2754 »

Unvote, Vote: Dev

I always find it interesting when people Unvote RVS votes, then don't initially vote someone else. Why take the vote off? Also, gives no reason to unvote. Then I don't like his 49. Whether SB is town or scum its a scummy post, but trying to come off as humor.
SB was at L-3 or something. How in the world would he pull of a bandwagon voting in the middle? Maybe I am giving people too much credit, but I seriously doubt at that point in the game that anyone else was going to vote SB.
Show
Town: 3-4*
Scum: 2-1
SK: 0-1
Unlynched.
"Noone can deny that the Ryan, from now on known as "Bullseye", accomplished an amazing feat. Nightkilling 2 mafia roles on the first 2 nights. He deserves to win." - Alexhans, Mini 829, Town Loss
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:35 am

Post by charter »

StrangerCoug wrote:The fact that Scott Brosius asked why he's being bandwagoned and you added a vote seemingly just for kicks was enough to set off my alarm. Also, "piling on the largest bandwagon" isn't exactly a pro-town move (best case scenario being a null tell).
What do you mean set off your alarm? You think my bandwagoning was scummy, or what? I think bandwagons are extremely protown, the bigger, the better in my experience. If we brought Scott to L-2 or L-1 for no other reason than "just because" it would be much to my liking.
Snake wrote: @Charter - There's a lot wrong with piling on the largest bandwagon. I've seen town quickhammer, so if that were to happen it wouldn't automatically mean isn't scumkill the next day, especially since most scum are smart enough not to to lead the bandwagon to a lynch.
I don't think a quickhammer is as bad as people make it out to be. Also, you seem to write off the possibility of Scott being scum, in which case I don't think a quickhammer on him would be bad at all.
Snake wrote:I know he was only at L-3, but you voted him without reason and, in post 50, continue to imply that you really think he's scum. Like someone said, it's a tell, so you've become the closest thing I have to a real suspect. Congrats.
Why is my voting for him with no reason any more noteworthy than anyone else who has voted without giving a reason?
Snake
Snake
Townie
Snake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:53 am

Post by Snake »

charter wrote:I don't think a quickhammer is as bad as people make it out to be. Also, you seem to write off the possibility of Scott being scum, in which case I don't think a quickhammer on him would be bad at all.
I didn't say Scott wasn't scum. Quite frankly it's way to early to tell in his case. A quickhammer can be bad as it doesn't always guarantee scum and and a mislynch is rarely good, if ever.
charter wrote:Why is my voting for him with no reason any more noteworthy than anyone else who has voted without giving a reason?
Because everyone's vote was part of the RVS. You voted Scott without reason
and
said you think he's scum. When you don't provide a reason, it's scummy because it looks like you're only on the bandwagon to push a mislynch.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Vote Count
With 12 players alive, it is 7 to lynch
Scott Brosius(4) - Charlatan, Konowa, AdamNW, Charter
Charter(3) - dramonic, StrangerCoug, Snake
Devastation(2) - Sajin, ryan2754
Dramonic(1) - Scott Brosius
Ryan2754(1) - Regfan
Devestation
Devestation
Goon
Devestation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by Devestation »

Its an RVS vote via the reason of "having a contradictory avatar". Pirates can be loyal to their own crew so it aint contradictory.
Plus, it's absolutely pointless for it to stay there given that we have been prematurely pulled out of the RVS stage by this ridiculous bandwagoning and "just leaving it there" will ultimately be more scummy in the long run. I'm much more worried about this pointless wagon against scott brosius.
charter wrote:What do you mean set off your alarm? You think my bandwagoning was scummy, or what? I think bandwagons are extremely protown, the bigger, the better in my experience. If we brought Scott to L-2 or L-1 for no other reason than "just because" it would be much to my liking.
PRO TOWN??? We need reasons for our votes, you can't expect to seriously be able to justify a reasonless bandwagon in the RVS. What happens if scum hammer? What happens if a JESTER hammers and we lynch them for stupidity tomorrow?

Sajin by saying "Unvote so we don't have any accidents" I was actually talking to the bandwagoneers.
I wrttoe htis sginautre wiht my elbwo.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:17 pm

Post by dramonic »

charter... quick wagons are NOT protown in ANY way.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:06 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Konowa wrote:@Stranger- Is there anything wrong with bandwagons?
Scum like to bandwagon when they can get away with it, for starters. We want to lynch someone because that person is most likely scum, not merely because we feel like it.
charter wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:The fact that Scott Brosius asked why he's being bandwagoned and you added a vote seemingly just for kicks was enough to set off my alarm. Also, "piling on the largest bandwagon" isn't exactly a pro-town move (best case scenario being a null tell).
What do you mean set off your alarm? You think my bandwagoning was scummy, or what? I think bandwagons are extremely protown, the bigger, the better in my experience. If we brought Scott to L-2 or L-1 for no other reason than "just because" it would be much to my liking.
I ought to confirm my vote on you just for the last sentence. We do not want to drive players dangerously close to a lynch on a whim.

To answer a questions, that something "sets off my alarm" means that I find it scummy. Something would not set off alarms and receive just a passing notice if any.
Devestation wrote:What happens if a JESTER hammers and we lynch them for stupidity tomorrow?
We should not worry about jesters in a normal as they are extremely rare, and I don't consider it a "normal" role (not my job as co-list mod to check setups, though—just record-keeping for MeMe, which is why I still play these). Were this a theme game, you'd have a legitimate concern regarding jesters.

I don't find this question indicative of scumminess, merely paranoia.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:15 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

EBWOP: For the word "a" in "To answer a questions", read "your".

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:56 am

Post by charter »

Snake wrote:Because everyone's vote was part of the RVS. You voted Scott without reason and said you think he's scum. When you don't provide a reason, it's scummy because it looks like you're only on the bandwagon to push a mislynch.
No. When I voted him, I had no idea who was scum. Devastation's plea for people to unvote I found extremely scummy of him (almost enough to earn a lynch) and makes Scott look very scummy as well, even though Scott hasn't done hardly anything himself I find scummy. Devastation is trying to stop others from scumhunting by quashing this wagon. He is trying to rob us of Scott's reactions to a large wagon on himself. If Scott crumbles under the pressure and one or two people come to his aide, looks like we have ourselves some scum. If he ignores it, knowing that nothing will actually come from five votes on him with no reason given, I'm much more inclined to think he's town.

How do you say I'm scummy and trying to push a mislynch? In the post where I voted, there's nothing that says I'm trying to push a mislynch. Nowhere in any of my posts do I say or imply that. Here you have taken up the assumption Scott can't be scum, for all I know Scott is scum.

I'm actually shocked that people are getting worked up over Devastation because he unvoted for no reason rather than how he is trying to get people to unvote someone else.
Devestation wrote:Its an RVS vote via the reason of "having a contradictory avatar". Pirates can be loyal to their own crew so it aint contradictory.
Plus, it's absolutely pointless for it to stay there given that we have been prematurely pulled out of the RVS stage by this ridiculous bandwagoning and "just leaving it there" will ultimately be more scummy in the long run. I'm much more worried about this pointless wagon against scott brosius.
charter wrote:What do you mean set off your alarm? You think my bandwagoning was scummy, or what? I think bandwagons are extremely protown, the bigger, the better in my experience. If we brought Scott to L-2 or L-1 for no other reason than "just because" it would be much to my liking.
PRO TOWN??? We need reasons for our votes, you can't expect to seriously be able to justify a reasonless bandwagon in the RVS. What happens if scum hammer? What happens if a JESTER hammers and we lynch them for stupidity tomorrow?

Sajin by saying "Unvote so we don't have any accidents" I was actually talking to the bandwagoneers.
I thought my reason was pretty self explainatory, I was just bandwagoning. Yeah, bandwagoning is very protown, best way of scumhunting in the RVS I know of. If you wagon someone fast for no reason, you get to see their reactions (and those of other people) which is great for determining their alignment. There's no way we have a jester, and if we do, fuck this game then.
dramonic wrote:charter... quick wagons are NOT protown in ANY way.
Yes they are. I've already explained it. If you would rather everyone have one vote on everyone in the RVS, then you need to rethink your mafia strategy.
StrangerCoug wrote:Scum like to bandwagon when they can get away with it, for starters. We want to lynch someone because that person is most likely scum, not merely because we feel like it.
WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT LYNCHING ANYONE??? You keep seeming to think this is true, but why?

People I'm currently suspicious of.
Scott because of how panicked Devastation got when he had four votes on him.
Devastation because he cared that someone else had four votes on them and then asked people to unvote. I'm even moreso suspicious of him for post 69 where he defends how his joke vote and then unvote were in fact legitimate. It looks like he perceived Snake's question as an attack and rushed to defend himself over something that doesn't need defending.
Some others, but we'll get to the them later if they keep it up.
Since Devastation is probably scum,
unvote, vote Devastation
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:48 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

charter wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:Scum like to bandwagon when they can get away with it, for starters. We want to lynch someone because that person is most likely scum, not merely because we feel like it.
WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT LYNCHING ANYONE??? You keep seeming to think this is true, but why?
The same reason you seem to think that Scott Brosius being run up as high as you said you were happy with (up to L-1) is a laughing matter. Suppose five townies all random vote the same person, then two Mafiates swoop in for the lynch. Who's to blame then?

You have been on this site for three days shy of two years now. Post like those two years minus three days have taught you something and don't feign oblivion to something that's common knowledge among Mafia players.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”