scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:29 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Nuwen wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:I never said I wasn't going to try and see if any of the people of the creative department act scummy during this stage. It's HIGHLY unlikely that any scum is going to let something slip during this phase, so my choice, barring anything extreme, is going to be basically random for today.
Wait, what?

It's extremely beneficial for scum to try and influence today's selected power roles, especially with PGO out there. A scum creative director can easily assign roles in such a way that they're neutered. Very specific example: one half of a creative team is scum, and a scum creative director assigns that team the sole tracking ability. The scum half of the creative team then submits the kill after selecting some other target to track with his or her town partner; this ensures that the night kill can't be tracked that night.
I'm highly aware of this.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:29 am

Post by Seraphim »

You are a pivotal power role, scotty. Expect your decisions to be looked over deeply. Especially as the game continues and more players end up dead. You need to be able to say "this is why I chose this person..."

If it turns out you chose a bunch of scum...it will be very easy for you to yell, it was "random, random I say!" thus avoiding accountibility for your actions. You should choose players based on your reads of them and suggestions of other players, not RANDOM.
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Nuwen »

scotmany12 wrote:
Nuwen wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:I never said I wasn't going to try and see if any of the people of the creative department act scummy during this stage. It's HIGHLY unlikely that any scum is going to let something slip during this phase, so my choice, barring anything extreme, is going to be basically random for today.
Wait, what?

It's extremely beneficial for scum to try and influence today's selected power roles, especially with PGO out there. A scum creative director can easily assign roles in such a way that they're neutered. Very specific example: one half of a creative team is scum, and a scum creative director assigns that team the sole tracking ability. The scum half of the creative team then submits the kill after selecting some other target to track with his or her town partner; this ensures that the night kill can't be tracked that night.
If you're aware that scum will influence role decisions, how can you say that it's "highly unlikely" that there will be any evidence of of that behavior? A "slip" here does not have to mean "a careless mistake," it can be anything that leads to revealing scum, orchestrated play or not.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:33 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

In other news; Ren is completely sure you're scum scot, and has called me your buddy. SWEET.
FoS: Ren
Really dude, you are massivly reaching here.

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:33 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Seraphim wrote:You are a pivotal power role, scotty. Expect your decisions to be looked over deeply. Especially as the game continues and more players end up dead. You need to be able to say "this is why I chose this person..."

If it turns out you chose a bunch of scum...it will be very easy for you to yell, it was "random, random I say!" thus avoiding accountibility for your actions. You should choose players based on your reads of them and suggestions of other players, not RANDOM.
Sigh...never once said all my choices the entire game would be random. I said my choices for this first day would be basically random. There's a slight chance that something is going to happen in this first day that will influence my decision, and its not like I would totally ignore that. But it's only a slight chance.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:34 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Seraphim wrote:You are a pivotal power role, scotty. Expect your decisions to be looked over deeply. Especially as the game continues and more players end up dead. You need to be able to say "this is why I chose this person..."

at this early in the game you cannot definitively say this person is TOWN and this person is SCUM. No way in freaking hell. So yes there is a bit of randomness going on. Not much but some.

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:35 am

Post by Seraphim »

I think the word you are looking for is "gut".
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:37 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Seraphim wrote:I think the word you are looking for is "gut".
I think that would be more fitting.

scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:38 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Nuwen wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:
Nuwen wrote:
Wait, what?

If you're aware that scum will influence role decisions, how can you say that it's "highly unlikely" that there will be any evidence of of that behavior? A "slip" here does not have to mean "a careless mistake," it can be anything that leads to revealing scum, orchestrated play or not.
The one ability that truly benefits scum right now is the PGO. I don't see the scum pushing for this or even trying to influence the outcome a little. Busdriver would benefit scum as well, and I'm not saying I'm not going to look for any influence. I'm saying its unlikely that scum are going to let it show right now.
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:38 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

Scottyscum giving powers to the scum would be a major drawback to the game, as we'd be wasting tracking results on players that will mislead us.

If scot is scum, and gives power to the scum, what power should we let him hand out? Just a theoretical mafia question.
[i]Hey Guido, it's all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant, you get it? And he knows it. That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it, ya, before he lets loose the marmosets on us.[/i]
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:39 am

Post by Seraphim »

If scot is scum then we should replace him right now.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:41 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Ren Hoek wrote:Scottyscum giving powers to the scum would be a major drawback to the game, as we'd be wasting tracking results on players that will mislead us.

If scot is scum, and gives power to the scum, what power should we let him hand out? Just a theoretical mafia question.
Not only are you convinced that I am scum, for some reason you assume there is scum on the creative department, something that no one but scum would know about. Hmmmm.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:42 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Seraphim wrote:If scot is scum then we should replace him right now.
I highly doubt he is. But this is not our choice, this is the CEO's

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:43 am

Post by Seraphim »

crywolf20084 wrote:
I know. I am merely stating that Ren's choice doesn't exist. If we know he is scum, we lynch him and then replace him. We don't let him hand out powers.
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:44 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

scotmany12 wrote:Not only are you convinced that I am scum, for some reason you assume there is scum on the creative department, something that no one but scum would know about. Hmmmm.
A concern about scum in our accounting department was first brought up in our QT by Seraphim.
[i]Hey Guido, it's all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant, you get it? And he knows it. That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it, ya, before he lets loose the marmosets on us.[/i]
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:44 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

Seraphim wrote:If we know he is scum, we lynch him and then replace him. We don't let him hand out powers.
We don't KNOW. But we may suspect.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:45 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Ren Hoek wrote:
Seraphim wrote:If we know he is scum, we lynch him and then replace him. We don't let him hand out powers.
You're acting like you know. . .

Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:47 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

crywolf20084 wrote:
Please explain how you can say that you "HIGHLY DOUBT" that scot is scum. Evidence please for making such a definite statement.

I will point out now that crywolf is very concerned in the QT about Seraphim and myself overreacting to scotmany.
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:49 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

crywolf20084 wrote:
Ren Hoek wrote:
You're acting like you know. . .
I'm VERY concerned with scot's announcement that his choice would be random, before he had any information about how much information he would have to base his choice on.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:51 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Ren Hoek wrote:
crywolf20084 wrote:
Please explain how you can say that you "HIGHLY DOUBT" that scot is scum. Evidence please for making such a definite statement.

I will point out now that crywolf is very concerned in the QT about Seraphim and myself overreacting to scotmany.
I have already said thiiiiiiiiis in threaaaaaaaaaddddddddd wow
Anyways, It's this early in the game I rather not put an allignment on someone.

Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:55 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Ren Hoek wrote:Scottyscum giving powers to the scum would be a major drawback to the game, as we'd be wasting tracking results on players that will mislead us.

What do you mean by this? He hands out all the powers.

If he's scum we lynch him. If he's incapable of doing his job, we get the CEO to replace him.

I haven't seen convincing evidence to suggest either yet.

Mod:
How are roles distributed if the CEO has used his one shot power already and the Creative Director is dead? Does the CEO get to pick a new Creative Director even though he's used his 1-shot already?

What happens if both the CEO and Creative director are dead? How are roles distributed?
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:56 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

"Anyways, It's this early in the game I rather not put an allignment on someone." says crywolf.

ORLY.

But you just said in the QT that you'd rather lynch me than scotmany!

I'm looking for the answer to my question. My question is: "Please explain how you can say that you "HIGHLY DOUBT" that scot is scum. Evidence please for making such a definite statement. "
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:56 am

Post by scotmany12 »

In a somewhat related realization. I was unaware I had a quick topic(s) to post in until I looked at my role pm again. Upon realization that I can talk to members in my department, I can say my decision this day will no longer be basically random.
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:58 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

scotmany12 wrote:I can say my decision this day will no longer be basically random.
You better pick townies overwhelmingly. Your life depends on it.
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:59 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

scotmany12 wrote:In a somewhat related realization. I was unaware I had a quick topic(s) to post in until I looked at my role pm again. Upon realization that I can talk to members in my department, I can say my decision this day will no longer be basically random.

Why did you put an optional plural for to "quick topics(s)?"

I only have the one. You have more?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”