Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:46 am

Post by Nuwen »

I also approve of double tracker + roleblocker today.

Also, I'm going to right now suggest that everyone do a serious read through of the setup again. There are a lot of complex mechanics to keep track of.

Vote Count 1.1.1(0) Roleblocker-
(2) Tracker- Seraphim, crywolf
(0) PGO-
(0) Bus Driver-
(0) None-

not voting:
vollkan, crywolf, Ren Hoek, Nuwen, Seraphim, curiouskarmadog

4 to approve

Deadline for Day 1 is 6 PM EST August 4.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:47 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

vote: Tracker
[i]Hey Guido, it's all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant, you get it? And he knows it. That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it, ya, before he lets loose the marmosets on us.[/i]
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:51 am

Post by Seraphim »

Unvote

I think I want to hear from the other members of our team before we get a "hammer".
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:54 am

Post by Korts »

Vote Count 1.1.1(0) Roleblocker-
(2) Tracker- crywolf, Ren Hoek
(0) PGO-
(0) Bus Driver-
(0) None-

not voting:
vollkan, crywolf, Ren Hoek, Nuwen, Seraphim, curiouskarmadog

4 to approve

Deadline for Day 1 is 6 PM EST August 4.
Last edited by Korts on Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
scumchat never die
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:57 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

What's up with Vollkan being late to his own meeting? He's wasting my valuable time.
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:59 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

I'm not liking the "mostly random" caveat of scotmany's statement.

It's an active way avoid his choices being open to scrutiny. "Random" implies that there is no reason for his choices that we can question.

I believe that a player might feel the need to say this out loud if he's afraid his choice may betray that he's scum, under the light of scrutiny.
[i]Hey Guido, it's all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant, you get it? And he knows it. That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it, ya, before he lets loose the marmosets on us.[/i]
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:02 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Ren: If you were in his position, what criteria would you use to dish out the abilities on day 1?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:03 am

Post by Korts »

Goatrevolt wrote:What's up with Vollkan being late to his own meeting? He's wasting my valuable time.
Disclaimer: flavour is flavour, it contains no game relevant information.
scumchat never die
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:05 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

Goatrevolt wrote:Ren: If you were in his position, what criteria would you use to dish out the abilities on day 1?
I would make an effort to draw people out. I would ask that we don't go too fast in order to have more info. I would be more pro-active.

We don't know how this game will play out. Maybe there will be information.

I would never, ever throw in the towel in my first post and declare, without any knowledge of how things will develop, that my choice will be random.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:06 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Ren Hoek wrote:I'm not liking the "mostly random" caveat of scotmany's statement.

It's an active way avoid his choices being open to scrutiny. "Random" implies that there is no reason for his choices that we can question.

I believe that a player might feel the need to say this out loud if he's afraid his choice may betray that he's scum, under the light of scrutiny.
I currently have what I know about a player to use in my decision. I know that both Yos and Adel are very beneficial as town, but as scum they are dangerous. That's about all I know as of now. Sure, I can gain something from what people suggest on what abilities we choose, but that is it.
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

Ren Hoek wrote:I would never, ever throw in the towel in my first post and declare, without any knowledge of how things will develop, that my choice will be random.
unless I was scum and wanted to hide the fact that my choice will be influenced by my being scum.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:07 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

checking in..input tomorrow.

bque today.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:08 am

Post by Seraphim »

Goatrevolt wrote:Ren: If you were in his position, what criteria would you use to dish out the abilities on day 1?
Unless there was a major reason to avoid a group, I wish dish out abilities based on my meta of each player in each group. For example, if there was a Empking-zwet pairing, you would probably be more likely to give a better ability to the Adel-SensFan pairing.

There is no such thing is random...I agree with Ren that is looks like Scot is trying to avoid scrunity for his decisions as Creative Director.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:10 am

Post by scotmany12 »

You guys confuse me with someone who can catch scum with the slightest slip. I am in no way trying to avoid scrutiny.
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:13 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

scotmany12 wrote:You guys confuse me with someone who can catch scum with the slightest slip. I am in no way trying to avoid scrutiny.
What?

All you have to do is find players that you find TOWNIE.

But then if we later find out that you give out powers to scum on Day 1, and the chances of you giving powers to scum at random are rather slim on Day 1, you can say: "It was random! It was random!"

And now you are preemptively adding the defense that you can't catch scum.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:14 am

Post by Seraphim »

scotmany12 wrote:You guys confuse me with someone who can catch scum with the slightest slip. I am in no way trying to avoid scrutiny.
We're not asking you to catch scum "with the slightest slip." That has nothing to do with avoiding scrutiny which has nothing to do with what you're being accused of.

Like I said, there are no random decisions. And lying about this and stating that your choices are random is simply avoiding scrunity.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:17 am

Post by Seraphim »

In other words, you are avoiding accountibility for your decisions as Creative Director.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:17 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Yeah, I never said I can't catch scum. I never said I wasn't going to try and see if any of the people of the creative department act scummy during this stage. It's HIGHLY unlikely that any scum is going to let something slip during this phase, so my choice, barring anything extreme, is going to be basically random for today. Stop trying to stretch what I said into something that looks bad.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:18 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Seraphim wrote:Like I said, there are no random decisions. And lying about this and stating that your choices are random is simply avoiding scrunity.
I once made a random investigation as cop. Mhm. There are totally random decisions. Not lying.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:20 am

Post by Seraphim »

scotmany12 wrote:Yeah, I never said I can't catch scum. I never said I wasn't going to try and see if any of the people of the creative department act scummy during this stage. It's HIGHLY unlikely that any scum is going to let something slip during this phase, so my choice, barring anything extreme, is going to be basically random for today. Stop trying to stretch what I said into something that looks bad.
*sigh* There is no stretching of the truth. You are avoiding accountibility. And now you're contradicting yourself.
scotmany12 wrote:You guys confuse me with someone who can catch scum with the slightest slip.
What does this mean then?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:23 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Seraphim wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:Yeah, I never said I can't catch scum. I never said I wasn't going to try and see if any of the people of the creative department act scummy during this stage. It's HIGHLY unlikely that any scum is going to let something slip during this phase, so my choice, barring anything extreme, is going to be basically random for today. Stop trying to stretch what I said into something that looks bad.
*sigh* There is no stretching of the truth. You are avoiding accountibility. And now you're contradicting yourself.
I'm not avoiding accountability at all. Sorry if telling the truth means I have no accountability. Where did I contradict myself?
Seraphim wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:You guys confuse me with someone who can catch scum with the slightest slip.
What does this mean then?
It means what I said. If you expect me to catch anything during this phase when it is highly unlikely that anything is going to slip then you are mistaken.
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:25 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

scotmany12 wrote:It's HIGHLY unlikely that any scum is going to let something slip during this phase [...]
It's highly LIKELY that scum would slip early, they often do.

You did.

For example.
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:26 am

Post by Nuwen »

scotmany12 wrote:I never said I wasn't going to try and see if any of the people of the creative department act scummy during this stage. It's HIGHLY unlikely that any scum is going to let something slip during this phase, so my choice, barring anything extreme, is going to be basically random for today.
Wait, what?

It's extremely beneficial for scum to try and influence today's selected power roles, especially with PGO out there. A scum creative director can easily assign roles in such a way that they're neutered. Very specific example: one half of a creative team is scum, and a scum creative director assigns that team the sole tracking ability. The scum half of the creative team then submits the kill after selecting some other target to track with his or her town partner; this ensures that the night kill can't be tracked that night.

On a different note,
You have the one-shot ability to appoint a new Creative Director, regardless of whether the original Creative Director is still alive.
I'm reading to crack open our setup. This is an important ability to watch. If the CEO ever flips scum and has used this one-shot ability, I guarantee the new director is also scum. I think this switch mechanism is intended to balance two opposite factions in separate but equally powerful roles.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:26 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Ren Hoek wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:It's HIGHLY unlikely that any scum is going to let something slip during this phase [...]
It's highly LIKELY that scum would slip early, they often do.

You did.

For example.
Yeah, I didn't slip at all. Nice try though.
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:26 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

scotmany12 wrote:I once made a random investigation as cop. Mhm. There are totally random decisions. Not lying.
You may, after having exhausted all your mental power and found yourself unable to decide.

It's the "announcement ahead of time" that's scummy.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”