Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by Vi »

X 699 wrote:And Vi, the Miller without a Cop was just bastardly. Otherwise, really great setup.
Is it?
Miller
implies
that there is a Cop, but it doesn't guarantee one.
Plus IMO Sane Cop is one of
the worst
roles in the book. Not to say I won't ever put one in a setup, but etc.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by Truant »

To elvis: <3 too perceptive ;) Sorry about no power role though...

Also </3 to whoever said i was too newbie to be a typical NK other than the bringing up of cults. Sad times.

Probably gonna read up the rest of it later and post more comments/find my notes about connections to see if I was right at all ever...
RAWR!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

First, poor Moriarty. First he is killed and then has his corpse violated by a pack of Zombies.

Second, thank you Vi for putting so much effort into the flavor for this game. I really enjoyed reading every bit of it (and also laughing a good bit of the time).
I'm curious as to why the Michael Jackson cult had one night of untargetability.
Got it now.
Vi wrote:And that's how the Cult Mentor came about. How do you like it?
I actually thought it was a pretty novel idea and was actually balanced. Imagine that cult and balance together at last. It kept me on my toes too because while I was pretty certain (at times) that there was another scum group, I never would have guessed a second cult. Good job.
Vi wrote:hascow's failure to block Sotty7's recruitment N1 was borderline mod error, for which I apologize. I hope the reason it went through is clear, if legalistic.
That most certainly would have thrown a wrench in my plans. I can understand if cow feels a bit angry at that one. Had you considered that in the setup when you were writing it, Vi?
Juls wrote:Did I mention I hate you VP?
heh. But I <3 you! :( Seriously though, you have very good instincts Juls, it is just a matter of execution. It didn't help you either that the opposite cult was thinking about your mislynch at the same time. This is twice now you have nailed me as scum, I just happened to come out on top this time. However, be expecting a NK if we ever meet under these circumstances again! I imagine you won't be letting me get away next time. :twisted:
Juls wrote:What sucks is you guys, by the end, had me convinced I was stupid and that was what sucked so bad for me. I hate feeling stupid.
I'm sorry. :( Seriously. I just play to win any way I can (short of searching for modkills on text color). I hope there's no hard feelings.

Ok, caught up. On to reading MJ's QT.

Oh, and Sotty deserves major props for this win. I don't think I could have picked a better scum partner. We worked together well to work out our plans.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by Vi »

VP Baltar 702 wrote:
Vi wrote:hascow's failure to block Sotty7's recruitment N1 was borderline mod error, for which I apologize. I hope the reason it went through is clear, if legalistic.
That most certainly would have thrown a wrench in my plans. I can understand if cow feels a bit angry at that one. Had you considered that in the setup when you were writing it, Vi?
I wouldn't have called it borderline mod error if I was planning for it... :( I was careless in writing the Role PM.
Or are you talking about planning on recruits being blocked? I was actually hoping the two Mentors
wouldn't
be even all the way through the game tbh.
VP Baltar 702 wrote:Second, thank you Vi for putting so much effort into the flavor for this game. I really enjoyed reading every bit of it (and also laughing a good bit of the time).
I think if you read it again, there's a little more to the vote count flavor than you may have picked up on the first time...
VP Baltar 702 wrote:I just play to win any way I can (short of searching for modkills on text color).
Well that's a load off my mind
:D
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by Juls »

I'm just glad that my bad bluff (crumbing a night action) caused you guys to waste a track on me. In all seriousness though, I was kicking myself for going after Empking. I have a history of hating players like that. It is something I have to work on. Also, something I do that a lot of people see as scummy for some reason is I am not too stuck in my ways to change my mind about something (like I did with Empking). You guys convinced me that I should just lynch him if I thought he might be a jester and so I conceded that was a good way to go. So changing my mind made me look even more scummy. Ugh...this game was real frustrating for me. VP, you said in your quicktopic I take things too personal...and I agree. I am trying to work through that.
-------------------------------------
Juls
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Vi wrote:hascow's failure to block Sotty7's recruitment N1 was borderline mod error
?????????????????????????
Why would it be mod error?
The JK role clearly said protect from death, and has usually been used only to protect from death(although I hate that, because the flavor doesn't make sense. That's why I used the better JK rule in Sci-Fi/Fantasy Movie Mafia)

Besides that, well played VPB and Sotty. It would've been real tough for me to ever get to suspecting one of you, especially with sotty keeping her old role after getting recruited(maybe one of the slight problems with the setup)
VPB was always giving me a weird feeling, but he always feels like that to me.

woah woah, and sotty was able to kill and track same night? Broken, IMO.

Not that that's the only reason for town loss, I think it was mostly that townies looked scummy at the wrong times.

Probably more that I'm missing, but I felt that I played this game better than most of my other recent ones, where I've lurked too much.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:52 am

Post by Vi »

hasdgfas 705 wrote:
Vi wrote:hascow's failure to block Sotty7's recruitment N1 was borderline mod error
?????????????????????????
Why would it be mod error?
Your jailing: DOCTORED+ ROLEBLOCKED
What I meant to make your jailing: UNTARGETABLE+ ROLEBLOCKED
I agree with the second option making more flavor sense.
hasdgfas 705 wrote:woah woah, and sotty was able to kill and track same night? Broken, IMO.
I agree. This is being fixed in my future setups.

One other thing I'm pleased with is that this was basically a complete game in under 700 posts (nobody's disappointed that it was too short or wall-of-text-y, right?). My next game, Mafia of Order, is going to ask players to replicate the experience, except without the custom deadlines to push them along at the right times.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:35 am

Post by tubby216 »

wow holy crap i did not see that coming!!!! well played VP i would have never voted for you perhaps even defend you till the pointr where i got lynched.

Vi great game i liked it and it kept me guessing

cow was i jailed because i was that scummy or did you want to protect me??

Vi as always if you ever need a replacement or anyone else to come in and screw up a game for you let me know!!!

Oh crap i realized i just went 0 for 3 in three days, I lost newbie 799, newbie ,795, and now this one all as town. Hmm perhaps its time for me to re-evaluate my play style and a vacation from mafia.
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:01 am

Post by hasdgfas »

tubby wrote:cow was i jailed because i was that scummy or did you want to protect me??
I was pretty suspicious of you last night. The time before that, I wasn't really sure who the best choice was.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:58 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I had a lot of fun in this game despite my subconscious seemingly trying to sabotage it all (almost posting some scum talk in thread and almost getting mod killed). VP was a great partner to day talk with, we seemed to be on the same wavelength which was great. He played really well too, which was the key to our win I think. Big ups to him for that.

Everything about this game was enjoyable, the setup, the flavor, the players and no huge walls of text. I feel bad about Juls, I know what it feels like to have no one listen to you no matter what you do, still it must give you some comfort that pretty much all of the scum were pushing for your lynch. I would defiantly want to play with you again.

Having read the other cults QT it is quite funny how we both talked about the same things at times, even down to the talk about claiming an UNK townie. I wondered why Elvis was acting so weird on day 4 but I was locked on X because I knew he couldn't be a supersaint. Maybe if I didn't have that information I might have been more willing to switch over to a Elvis lynch.

In all this has been one of my favorite games. Thanks for modding Vi. :)
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:04 am

Post by Juls »

Sotty wrote:Everything about this game was enjoyable, the setup, the flavor, the players and no huge walls of text. I feel bad about Juls, I know what it feels like to have no one listen to you no matter what you do, still it must give you some comfort that pretty much all of the scum were pushing for your lynch. I would defiantly want to play with you again.
Thank you. I appreciate that. :)
-------------------------------------
Juls
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:07 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Wow! Congrats to VP and sotty!

I also think X would have had a good chance of winning if it weren't for me! I suggested supersaint, and then gave stupid night actions with my hider role that sort of forced the town to kill him. And I failed so miserably trying to get you guys to lynch me! I thought it would be so easy to get lynched, but I didn't want to LOOK like I wanted to be lynched. Everyone just assumed I had mental problems... lol ;)

Exciting and unpredictable setup, Vi! Battery power was awesome and forced the game to keep moving.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Don't be too hard on yourself, EK, since he did ask you for help in a claim. I agree with what Sotty said above (again). The claim did seal it for X, but that was mostly because it was an opportunity for us to get him lynched. We had obviously wanted him dead earlier (hence the failed NK attempt). You were definitely acting weird when you were trying to draw the lynch, but I think it would have taken a heck of a lot to sway me off of X. Plus, I had been calling you town most of the game and it would have looked suspicious.

The QTs are hilarious side-by-side.

Vi, are you keeping the deadline mechanics of your next game secret for now? I'm curious how you will force the same pace without the discussion dependant deadlines.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:44 am

Post by Vi »

VP Baltar 712 wrote:Vi, are you keeping the deadline mechanics of your next game secret for now? I'm curious how you will force the same pace without the discussion dependant deadlines.
Keeping deadline mechanics secret is just asking for trouble. But I can't think of anything special offhand :(
So far I've considered (2*number of players) days per Day and Sunset deadlines. I would be fine with either one.

The Large Theme I'm working on atm (Border of Touhou and Mafia) will use a system similar to Xyl's Relative Chaos, where you get less time per Day but any unused time is held over to the next one.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:07 am

Post by hasdgfas »

elvis_knits wrote:Wow! Congrats to VP and sotty!

I also think X would have had a good chance of winning if it weren't for me! I suggested supersaint, and then gave stupid night actions with my hider role that sort of forced the town to kill him. And I failed so miserably trying to get you guys to lynch me! I thought it would be so easy to get lynched, but I didn't want to LOOK like I wanted to be lynched. Everyone just assumed I had mental problems... lol ;)

Exciting and unpredictable setup, Vi! Battery power was awesome and forced the game to keep moving.
Unless they're confirmed town, I always want a claimed supersaint lynch, because it's such an easy scum claim, and even lynching them might take a scum with them.

Btw, if it makes you feel better, you probably would've been who I went after the next day if you hadn't suicided ;)
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:09 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I looked at the other QT and it was pretty funny when sotty and vp get a little scared and think I'm so "on the ball" because I start talking about cults. Probably made them think I was more town, when I was trying to get myself killed.

It was so crazy how the night actions doubled up so that we didn't know there was another scum group out there.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:18 am

Post by The Fonz »

Nothing wrong with miller without cop AT ALL. :P It's one of the reasons against miller claiming post 1.

Also, would any of you lovely people in this just-finished game like to replace into TonyMontana's Hip Hop Mafia?
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:27 am

Post by X »

Vi wrote:
X 699 wrote:And Vi, the Miller without a Cop was just bastardly. Otherwise, really great setup.
Is it?
Miller
implies
that there is a Cop, but it doesn't guarantee one.
Plus IMO Sane Cop is one of
the worst
roles in the book. Not to say I won't ever put one in a setup, but etc.
It was misleading, that's all. It didn't bother me really, 'cause I was scum, but it would have if I was town.

Sorry, Fonz. I hate Hip Hop. This is my kind of music.
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:51 am

Post by Truant »

I could be up for that Fonz.. My other game ended and I might be able to deal with one more now that life's getting slightly less hectic...
RAWR!
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:49 am

Post by X »

Vi wrote:
X wrote:http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11725
Vi wrote:My rulesets force people to unvote and vote in bold because I absolutely consider fakehammers, etc. to be legitimate tactics. There shouldn't be a ban on being clever.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11680
Vi wrote:3)
Voting:
Votes should be in bold in order for them to count, for instance:
Vote: freeko
. If you wish to vote for a different player, you MUST unvote, also in
bold
. As long as I can tell who you're voting for, I don't care if you abbreviate someone's name when you vote them.
While Empking was at L-1 and Juls was voting VP Baltar:
Juls wrote:Maybe you will understand it if I say it in a different color
I will vote Empking if we get close to deadline...happily
but I am going to have this conversation about VP and you and Sotty misrepresenting everything I say because I think it is important for people to see this after since you guys have set up my lynch for tomorrow.

Now, Juls DID bold his vote for Empking. However, he did not unvote. My question is, if he had not been voting, and then posted that quote, would you have counted it as a vote and ended the Day? I realize it wouldn't make much difference even then, because the meter's probably gonna run out in the next two days. But I'm a curious guy. So?
I can answer that after the game is over.
So????
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:18 am

Post by Vi »

X wrote:
Vi wrote:
X wrote:http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11725
Vi wrote:My rulesets force people to unvote and vote in bold because I absolutely consider fakehammers, etc. to be legitimate tactics. There shouldn't be a ban on being clever.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11680
Vi wrote:3)
Voting:
Votes should be in bold in order for them to count, for instance:
Vote: freeko
. If you wish to vote for a different player, you MUST unvote, also in
bold
. As long as I can tell who you're voting for, I don't care if you abbreviate someone's name when you vote them.
While Empking was at L-1 and Juls was voting VP Baltar:
Juls wrote:Maybe you will understand it if I say it in a different color
I will vote Empking if we get close to deadline...happily
but I am going to have this conversation about VP and you and Sotty misrepresenting everything I say because I think it is important for people to see this after since you guys have set up my lynch for tomorrow.

Now, Juls DID bold his vote for Empking. However, he did not unvote. My question is, if he had not been voting, and then posted that quote, would you have counted it as a vote and ended the Day? I realize it wouldn't make much difference even then, because the meter's probably gonna run out in the next two days. But I'm a curious guy. So?
I can answer that after the game is over.
So????
Oh this.
It's obvious Juls didn't want to vote Empking with that statement, so no, it wouldn't count.

At the time I honestly wasn't sure, but as the thread you listed at the top of that message kept going I decided that the will of the player should be the deciding factor in borderline cases.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:58 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”