VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

EBWOP: two cents

Also, ftr, I leaning EK being town right now. Even though she was inflating her argument against me, she seemd to have town intentions.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:29 am

Post by Juls »

Unvote
Just a quick glance and VP is getting close to a lynch. I joke voted him and am a little suspicious but not enough for a quick lynch. Going to reread quickly now.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:57 am

Post by Juls »

Empking wrote:
Unvote

Vote: VP

Role Fishing

Of all the interaction with VP this one seems to be one of the more scummy. He is piggy-backing ek's argument without adding anything to it and its one of those middle of the wagon votes that tend toward scum.

Also, I agree with Pesco's 98 but his VP/EK connection is disconcerting.

Vote: Empking
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:58 am

Post by Juls »

@mod:
Will the Power meter ever increase due to super-duper activity or will it always go down?
The Power meter goes in one direction - down.
If something happens to me, it may stay the same until I get back, but the most you can do is minimize the amount that it decreases. ~Vi
Juls
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:53 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Pesco47 wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:
PaperPenguin wrote:I would have waited until tomorrow before suggesting that hasd is actively baiting a nightkill, something useful might happen if the scum try to reach for the lowest hanging fruit.
Explain.
Second this.
VP Baltar wrote:To that end,
Unvote, Vote hasdgfas

Claimed he could not find the thread initially and then he implied that he has a night action.
Sure it's rather crappy for a serious vote reason, but look where it's come to now. You're still voting cow for lack of a better target, I expect you should find one pretty soon.
VP Baltar wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:And how does that imply I have a night action? Seriously, it's clarifying the rules.
So you were just worried about somebody who may potentially have a night action and were just trying to be helpful?
This is a strawman misrep, right?
VP Baltar wrote:No one said that he should be lynched for it. I think it did deserve clarification, however because I don't assume anyone to be an idiot, and I wouldn't expect someone with a powerrole to be foolishly asking questions like that in the thread. I could however see scum trying to buy town points subtly.
I believe votes have always been indicative of lynching intent. When you said this, you did want cow to hang because that's what your actions had shown.

On the other hand, e_K's questions all feel like loaded ones that goad VPB into particular responses.

Unvote
Vote VPB
FoS e_k
unvote vote pesco

For trying to have it both ways while putting VP L-1.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:13 am

Post by Pesco47 »

There's no good reason for me not to suspect the both of you.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:33 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Unvote

Role Fishing
Is that really it?

just...ugh,
Unvote, Vote empking

I find it a bit ridiculous that you think both EK and I could be scum. What I think is more likely is that you sensed the slight anti-EK sentiment building given her questioning and wanted to get your two sense in their early.
This does not make me feel comfortable. There is a technique called bussing. It's entirely possible both of you are scum, and your argument reinforces that for me. I just plain don't like this.

Also, I hope people note how fast the wagon on me built. L-2 on page 4. I would almost guarantee there are one or two scum in there somewhere.
I agree with this for the most part.

At any rate, is that supposed contradiction the only reason you are voting pesco?

Gotta agree with Juls on empking for obvious reasons...

For trying to have it both ways while putting VP L-1.
May I ask why there must be a dichotomy between you and VP? You were arguing, but it doesn't necessarily mean you both are of opposing alignments. Am I missing something here?

I do agree putting VP to L-1 was reckless, and didn't notice it initally.

So yeah...I'm not getting good vibes from how VP and e_k are handling the pesco situation. it feels contrived and very much like whistling after being caught doing something together.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

forbidden wrote:This does not make me feel comfortable. There is a technique called bussing. It's entirely possible both of you are scum, and your argument reinforces that for me. I just plain don't like this.
Yes, there is such a thing as bussing and it is possible that we are both scum, however, most scum partners would not begin bussing their partners on page two, argue for two full pages (with hardly anyone else interjecting) and sit by while their partner went to L-1. It could happen, sure, but it's not bloody likely.

My reason for voting pesco was also because his reasons for voting me looking really disingenuous. This was pretty clearly stated in my voting post.

I think it's quite interesting that you admit that how fast my wagon was moving was "reckless", and yet the very legitimate possibility of pesco trying to hop on easily seems less likely to you than EK and I coordinating a trap against him.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:56 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Yes, there is such a thing as bussing and it is possible that we are both scum, however, most scum partners would not begin bussing their partners on page two, argue for two full pages (with hardly anyone else interjecting) and sit by while their partner went to L-1. It could happen, sure, but it's not bloody likely.
I've done it before. Me and my scumbuddy got in a D1 fight and it ended up propelling me to end game.

My reason for voting pesco was also because his reasons for voting me looking really disingenuous. This was pretty clearly stated in my voting post.
Nyeh, I was focused more on the "No not us!" aspect.

I think it's quite interesting that you admit that how fast my wagon was moving was "reckless", and yet the very legitimate possibility of pesco trying to hop on easily seems less likely to you than EK and I coordinating a trap against him.
I didn't say he wasn't trying to hop on easily, what I'm saying is I think that you were too quick to discredit not being scum with e_k.

The fact that e_k joined in on that does not ease my feelings.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:30 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Pesco47 wrote:There's no good reason for me not to suspect the both of you.
while I agree with this, you seem to be extremely vague regarding ek. I find you're just following the two biggest points of suspicion right now, which is extremely scummy. Sure, you have points against Baltar, but they all seem really weak and just seem to be following. In addition, you have nothing against ek that indicates why you're FoS'ing her. What questions were goading Baltar into a certain answer? why is that scummy? I really don't know why you have a FoS out.

vote: pesco
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Juls »

mod:
I am V/LA for the rest of the weekend for my anniversary.
Juls
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Vi »

Well I'm so tired of losing - I got nothing to do and all day to do it
I go out cruisin' but I've no place to go and all night to get there

Vote Count IV:
Is it any wonder I'm null and void?

Pesco47 (L-3) ~ Moriarty147, VP Baltar, elvis_knits, hasdgfas

VP Baltar (L-4) ~
Juls,
Sotty7,
elvis_knits,
Empking, Pesco47
X (L-5) ~ PaperPenguin, image
Empking (L-5) ~ Juls, forbiddanlight
Moriarty147 (L-6) ~
Pesco47,
X
Vi (L-7?) ~
forbiddanlight, Empking

hasdgfas (L-7) ~
VP Baltar

Minimum (L-7)

Not Voting:
hasdgfas, Juls

[size=0]image 1 | e_knits 0 | Empking 0 | f-light 0 | hascow 0 | Juls 0 | Pesco 0 | Mo 1 | P-Pengy 0 | Sotty7 1 | VP Baltar 0 | X 1[/size]
---Juls' V/LA is noted. Enjoy yourself!

Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
|
(81%)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Pesco47 Post 98 wrote:I believe votes have always been indicative of lynching intent. When you said this, you did want cow to hang because that's what your actions had shown.

On the other hand, e_K's questions all feel like loaded ones that goad VPB into particular responses.

Unvote
Vote VPB
FoS e_k
Huh.. Covering all your bases huh? Which of EK's questions where loaded to you?
Juls Post 102 wrote:
Empking wrote:
Unvote

Role Fishing

Of all the interaction with VP this one seems to be one of the more scummy. He is piggy-backing ek's argument without adding anything to it and its one of those middle of the wagon votes that tend toward scum.

Also, I agree with Pesco's 98 but his VP/EK connection is disconcerting.

Vote: Empking
Empking is empking. If you are looking for substance you are looking in the wrong place sadly. What exactly do you agree with when it comes to Pesco?
Pesco47 Post 105 wrote:There's no good reason for me not to suspect the both of you.
You think they could be scum together?
Moriarty147
Moriarty147
Goon
Moriarty147
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Post by Moriarty147 »

hascow is still strange and I'm not sure what his motivation was, I do want to know what PaperPenguin was trying to imply by his comment about baiting NKs to the "low-hanging fruit", Empking is universally horrible but I feel we have better targets today (i.e. SOMEONE VIG HIM PLEASE).

First off, VPB/e_k:

Regarding VP Baltar, I do think his actions are unwarranted rolefishing but I don't think they're enough to make him scummy, at this point. The rapidly-climbing wagon on him does imply that it's v. likely for there to be scum on the wagon (even if it *is* a bus attempt), taking a look at the votes up to VPB's post #99 it seems as if he managed to garner 3 (three) votes during the RVS, which is definetly something to note. (2 have unvoted since, as for the third: Sotty7: do you think that your vote is still best kept on VPB?)

As for e_k, she definetly seemed to be quite happy with playing gotcha games with VPB. Her comments seemed less intent on actually determining alignment and more on trying to "trap" VPB by tricking him into making a statement that made him seem scummy (as well as further rolefishing).

Ultimately I think VPB is town atm, and e_k may potentially be scum. I'm uncertain of this and don't think she's worthy of my vote at this point, though. There is a distinct possibility that they may be both scum in a D1 argument, mainly due to the way that e_k is handling things (a bit of overreaction as far as I can tell)

Regarding pesco, I second the request for more clarification regarding his case: in post #98 you claim to find VPB and e_k suspicious, but the way you word things in it seems to me as if you are considering either one or the other to be scum (in fact, based off the argument, it does seem that way, at least at first). Then in 105 you claim that you suspect that both of them may be scum, so...are you considering a VPB/e_k scumteam? And if yes, why?

Vote staying until I see another post.

Have nothing else really to comment on anyone else, except for the fact that wasn't that one game you're referring to in 108 a barrel of laughs, FL?
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:10 am

Post by PaperPenguin »

Knowing if a suicide bomber ends the day is relevant to a townie, so it makes sense to have asked about in on your other games. However, asking about night action priority would only be of interest to those with actual abilities. Heck, how the hell do you even know about priority, since if it was a common thing: then you wouldn't have had to ask about it here.

It's really quite an obvious softclaim, but you have skilfully led the town to believe otherwise. You have gained the attention of the mafia, and have set yourself for a kill. I'm sure someone as experienced as you wouldn't have maid such a careless mistake, therefore I have to conclude that you wanted to die.

And you probably would have, had less attention been brought to your plan.

Death Miller?
Jester?
Unkillable?
Guy with a Gun?

That's where I have you for now, but I would still gut you on the end game, as bread-crumbing is scummy. There, I've explained myself.
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:15 am

Post by PaperPenguin »

You've just softclaimed - and softclaiming on the first day, where the mafia can't isolate roles just yet, is just begging for a kill. Thus, you are low hanging fruit.
PaperPenguin
PaperPenguin
Townie
PaperPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:16 am

Post by PaperPenguin »

What I want to know is: why would you orchestrate something like this?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:26 am

Post by Empking »

forbiddanlight wrote:
Unvote

Role Fishing
Is that really it?

just...ugh,
Unvote, Vote empking

Is that really it?

just...ugh,
FOS: FL
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:27 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Have nothing else really to comment on anyone else, except for the fact that wasn't that one game you're referring to in 108 a barrel of laughs, FL?
Were you in it? It was offsite, on a site that Vi plays at.

It's really quite an obvious softclaim, but you have skilfully led the town to believe otherwise. You have gained the attention of the mafia, and have set yourself for a kill. I'm sure someone as experienced as you wouldn't have maid such a careless mistake, therefore I have to conclude that you wanted to die.
Aren't we getting into WIFOM and needless paranoia here? Here comes Occam's Razor...

Is that really it?

just...ugh, FOS: FL
There's a difference. One, that was your first post of the game. I've been posting content for the most part. Secondly, that post that you selectively quote from has more content than what you've posted this entire game. I think that says it all ^-^;.
-StrangerCoug

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:48 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Pesco47 wrote:There's no good reason for me not to suspect the both of you.
If you think I am asking loaded questions, why would you agree with me and vote VP? To the point of putting him L-1?

You're calling my attack scummy AND agreeing with my conclusion at the same time. That does not make sense.

It seems like a very dangerous thing to do, to put a guy at L-1 when you are suspicious of his main attacker. If you think I'm scum, then you should doubt the case on VP. But you're sure enough to put him L-1 on page 5?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:53 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I would like to know why Juls and forbiddan are voting empking over pesco.

I agree his vote was just an echo of my reasoning, etc, but his vote was L-2, and PEsco's vote put VP at L-1 (on page 4, not page fiev like I said last post). Pesco's vote is worse because it was the latest one on the wagon, going L-1 on page 4, plus she calls me scummy in the same post. If you think guy's main attacker is scummy, you don't put guy at L-1.
Talk nerdy to me.

Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:45 am

Post by Pesco47 »

If I don't have 2 votes to throw around, I make do with a FoS. In my mind, I've already lined them up as my lynch preferences.

The questions I don't like the sound of:
elvis_knits wrote:How could asking that question in thread be
harmful to the town?
elvis_knits wrote:Why would cow implying he has a night action be
harmful to the town?
Packing the gotcha's there. On a psycholinguistics level I notice the repetition which is underlined. E_k has been trying to paint cow's move as 'harmful to town' by asking the questions like this.
elvis_knits wrote:If you think I am asking loaded questions, why would you agree with me and vote VP? To the point of putting him L-1?

You're calling my attack scummy AND agreeing with my conclusion at the same time. That does not make sense.

It seems like a very dangerous thing to do, to put a guy at L-1 when you are suspicious of his main attacker. If you think I'm scum, then you should doubt the case on VP. But you're sure enough to put him L-1 on page 5?
I am free to suspect a person with or without agreeing to your opinions. When I voted, I knew it was not a lynch and made no further consideration for L- however much it was.

I'd like to know now, why did you not post more concise reasoning when you voted me? All of this you could have easily said with the vote post, but you've waited until after some other people have voted and voiced their views. Why?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:53 am

Post by hasdgfas »

PaperPenguin wrote:Knowing if a suicide bomber ends the day is relevant to a townie, so it makes sense to have asked about in on your other games. However, asking about night action priority would only be of interest to those with actual abilities. Heck, how the hell do you even know about priority, since if it was a common thing: then you wouldn't have had to ask about it here.

And you probably would have, had less attention been brought to your plan.

Death Miller?
Jester?
Unkillable?
Guy with a Gun?

That's where I have you for now, but I would still gut you on the end game, as bread-crumbing is scummy. There, I've explained myself.
First off, night action priority is IN THE RULES, which is how I know about it. I already said that I like knowing the rules. How is that so hard to believe? Yes, suicide bomber ending the day is relevant to a townie. So is how night actions work because they can be used to help figure out the game. Because with the way night actions work and with night action priority, it's possible to figure out who is lying in certain siutations, but only if the rules are fully understood. You're also completely ignoring a lot of what I'm saying in my Post #6.
Do I need to know what happens when the suicide bomber uses his ability? No
Do I need to know the minimum deadline time? No
Do I need to know how night action priority works? No

They all do affect me, however, and knowing how they work is useful to me.
PaperPenguin wrote:What I want to know is: why would you orchestrate something like this?
what the heck are you talking about? What exactly am I orchestrating?

And I still don't understand how asking how night actions work is softclaiming anything? Is it really that hard to believe that I like fully understanding the rules.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:10 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I would like to know why Juls and forbiddan are voting empking over pesco.
You SHOULD be asking why I'm voting Empking over you or Baltar.

I don't think pesco is scummy. Neither of you have convinced me otherwise. In fact, her opinions are quite in line with how she plays as town on another site, especially concerning L-x.

what the heck are you talking about? What exactly am I orchestrating?

And I still don't understand how asking how night actions work is softclaiming anything? Is it really that hard to believe that I like fully understanding the rules.
I see where it could be taken as a softclaim, but I honestly doubt it was, and people trying to make it that way are approaching the anti town zone.
-StrangerCoug

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by Vi »

Call me a relic, call me what you will
Say I'm old-fashioned, say I'm over the hill
Today's music ain't got the same soul--
I like that old time 'a rock 'n' roll!

Vote Count V:
Don't try to take me to a disco!

Pesco47 (L-3) ~ Moriarty147, VP Baltar, elvis_knits, hasdgfas

VP Baltar (L-4) ~ Sotty7, Empking, Pesco47
X (L-5) ~ PaperPenguin, image
Empking (L-5) ~ Juls, forbiddanlight
Moriarty147 (L-6) ~ X
Minimum (L-7)

[size=0]image 2 | e_knits 0 | Empking 0 | f-light 0 | hascow 0 | Juls 0 | Pesco 0 | Mo 0 | P-Pengy 0 | Sotty7 1 | VP Baltar 1 | X 2[/size]
Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
(74%)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”