Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:25 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

Sorry, one last point I've been thinking about, curious to see if anyone has a comment.

Is it possible to defend yourself reasonably? I was thinking back to the posts at the start of D4, somewhere around the 2020 post mark where Wicked votes Xyl and Xyl in exasperation says defence by itself is scummy.

I think this effect is noticable but able to be overcome as well. I remember reading my first game of mafia and on the first day I was 100% sure that one of the two leading wagons were scum, and of course they both weren't. There's definitely something to be said that defence can be interpreted as scummy, simply because some of the mud always sticks.

Yet Xyl and to a lesser extent kmd defended themselves in D3 and were essentially regarded as semi-confirmed town for the rest of the game. Nobody was interested in taking up rofl's case on Xyl on D4, as much as I tried to push it subtly, and yet Xyl was at L-1 on that day numerous times and rofl flipped town. So in that moment you must have done something right. Had you not defended yourself at all I think rofl's ability at rallying townie votes might have seen you lynched.

I've been playing with the idea that sarcasm is more likely to come from scum than town, simply because I've felt the desire to use it far more as scum than town, it's so important to dismiss and ridicule attacks against you without doing those wallposts that inevitably look scummy, desperate, overdefensive (etc etc) and bring votes to them more than they push votes away.

But perhaps the sarcasm issue is because this game is only one of two in which I've been seriously attacked to the point where I thought I could be lynched. (the other I was a townie who pushed hard on two bad reads in a row and got lynched in lylo.)
I'm old now.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:45 am

Post by Kise »

Wow, Far... nicely played there, buddy.

Congrats to the Vermin mafia. :P Khan also had people fooled.. nice going by Zazie to argue with Khan though. I think he even went as far to call him a bitch, lol.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

A good last post is knowing where to stand.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”