Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:39 am

Post by Hayker »

Faraday wrote:
Why does when an attack start make it scummy?

You can't say "he's scummy, although his points are valid", well you can, and have, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

If you think he's making good points, then why does it matter if he started attacking early.

59 is a good post.

Ugh I have to be off now.

But yeh so far, rofl seems pro-town to me.

I find hayker and fallen angel to be scummy.

Mastin's posts are reasonable enough, although a bit long, but meh. He's scum-hunting, and appears to be doing so honestly.

Vote Hayker
for the moment, I'll read the rest of the thread later on, I expect another 4 pages :P
It matters because his post was the first serious post of the game from what I could tell. It threw me off completly, simply stating that the RVS was over, when in my eyes, it clearly wasn't. He simply came in, all matter of factly like saying "we can now move on to lynching mastin"

It doesn't sit well with me. His points seemed valid, but most mafioso's will look for valid points.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:46 am

Post by Faraday »

Yeh but why doesn't it sit well?

If he's making valid points, then he's scummy b/c of what? His playstyle?
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:47 am

Post by Hayker »

He's scummy because of saying the RVS was over, when it clearly wasn't to the majority of the players.
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:47 am

Post by fallen angel »

Faraday- Were you pls ning to provide reasons as to why you voted and consider me and hayker scummy?

ZazieR- I only know Mastin's meta, that's why I didn't have any other peoples meta in my argument. Will metagame later if time permits.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:51 am

Post by Faraday »

Hayker wrote:He's scummy because of saying the RVS was over, when it clearly wasn't to the majority of the players.
Why is that scummy?

@ Fallen Angel, I consider hayker scummy for reasons outlined, basically I think his comments on rolf or very odd, and I don't like his reasoning here. Seems like he's making stuff up.

As for you, excusing mastin for his meta, but not applying the same standard to rofl.
also your vote on kise is strange and seems like an indirect defense of Johnny.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:53 am

Post by Faraday »

Also there's a shit load of people who have yet to post. This game has started pretty damn fast.
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:57 am

Post by ckool5000 »

Whoa! 5 pages already? Man! I'll read through them all... when I can... But first of all, yay! A mafia doctor (or whatever it is) has been eliminated!
http://ckool5000.mybrute.com
What I've always wanted to hear from someone:
Kublai Khan: "@ckool5000: Aw, crap. You're right."
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:00 am

Post by Faraday »

Hey Ckool! nice to see you again ;)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:00 am

Post by roflcopter »

i'm getting the feeling that people are posting without having actually read the entire thread. for reference, this post is very important, and if you are still discussing kublai khan right now i would like you to read it and then explain why you think its still in the town's best interest to spend time and energy debating the miller claim.

and hi zazie!
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:01 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ckool5000 wrote:Whoa! 5 pages already? Man! I'll read through them all... when I can... But first of all, yay! A mafia doctor (or whatever it is) has been eliminated!
By the other mafia faction most likely which leads me to believe they have a mafia doctor as well.
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:16 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

@Mastin: Series of questions:

Do you consider someone self-metaing as a defence to be scummy?
Would you consider someone defending you by saying "It's Mastin's meta" to be scummy?
Would you consider someone attacking you by saying "Mastin's meta is different" to be scummy?
Would you consider someone attacking you by saying "Mastin's playing to his scum meta" to be scummy?
If your answer isn't the same for all the above questions, give a reason why.

@Hayker (Re: 58): Saying "I think roflcopter is scummy, but he makes good points" is the epitome of wishy-washy fence-sitting.
roflcopter wrote:therefore we are never, ever lynching kublai khan, and it doesn't even matter if i'm right and he's in fact town or i'm wrong and he's fakeclaiming scum because the problem will work itself out long before the endgame. continuing to waste time discussing whether or not you believe khan's claim, or especially considering him as a lynch candidate, will be viewed as scummy with extreme prejudice.
I <3 you, roflcopter. You actually know how to play this crazy mafia game. An unclaimed miller screws up cop investigations. A claimed miller helps cop calibrate their sanity, but it's essentially a death sentence. It's a shitty role, but that's all there is to it.

@Johnny Rotten: Waiting for public opinion to be on record before you vote is scummy.

@Empking's Alt: Why are you playing with your Alt and not the regular Empking account?

@Wickedestjr: You are a very cautious player.

@ZazieR: Regular miller as far as I know.
@ZazieR: Your observation that my serious vote sits wrong with you without explaining why is sitting wrong with me, but I can't explain why.

@Faraday: Quit stealing my points (Re: Hayker & Johnny Rotten) before I make them. I've got no thunder now...

@MafiaMann: Happy scumday. Why are you presuming another mafia faction made the kill and not a serial killer or a vig? You're jumping to far-reaching conclusions.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:17 am

Post by ckool5000 »

To help me understand the first few pages... What's tunneling?
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:19 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

I use this account for large normals.
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:20 am

Post by fallen angel »

1) I'm not defending Johnny, I think it's stupid for Kise to vote someone for only posting once with little content when most of the posts were less scumhunting and more discussing Mastin and Khan. 2) I don't know rofl's meta, as I said, so I can't excuse him. As I said, I promise to metagame him.

@MafiaMann- How can you be sure that there is no SK/Vig who got lucky? The chances for a rival mafia to nail the mafia doctor are only slightly better then a vig/SK, (they have a few people who they know not to target) and so you can't know that mafia group one targeted the hypothetical second group unless you are a member of mafia group one.
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:23 am

Post by fallen angel »

ckool5000 wrote:To help me understand the first few pages... What's tunneling?
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... nel_vision
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:24 am

Post by ckool5000 »

Ah, yes. I've heard of confirmation bias before. With that info, I'll read the thread once more.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:30 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Kublai Khan wrote:
@MafiaMann: Happy scumday. Why are you presuming another mafia faction made the kill and not a serial killer or a vig? You're jumping to far-reaching conclusions.
Thanks and i believe Mastin mentioned somthing about to mafia factions early on.
Mastin wrote:Emerald City First Post

FoS:
Seryna
Kise,
Nadroj15
ZazieR

For being the last to confirm. It's a scum tell. (Sure, they replaced the last two to confirm, but still...that doesn't mean the tell doesn't apply.)

With that out of the way,
I'd like to do some real scum hunting, here!

Mastin Votes: Mastin.

I'm a member of Mafia A, along with...hmm...let's say...Roflcopter, Mufasa, MafiaMann, and...hmmm...Ah, yes. Kublai Khan.
Fallen Angel is also a neutral mafia traitor, who we failed to recruit last night for reasons we shalln't reveal.

Zazie is a Mafia B traitor, who can be recruited by the Mafia B faction. We want Zaz dead as soon as possible because of that. :P
And Kise...oh, right, did I mention Khan's a rolecop and we have daytalking abilities? Yea, we do, and Khan has revealed to us that Kise is a Mafia B godfather. Yay! :P

Discuss. ;)
I wasnt sure if he was completely joking and took it to mean that we are dealing with two factions. Despite may have killed the doctor does it not mean the other mafia does not likely have a doctor.
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:32 am

Post by ckool5000 »

I'm having trouble believing that a mafia would kill Konowa.

Konowa, when he/she signed up for this game, hadn't played a single game of mafia yet! He/she signed up for one, but never actually played one. Would a newbie's likeliness to be lynched make the mafia want to kill them?... Probably not.

Does this make MafiaMann innocent?... I have no idea.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:35 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ckool5000 wrote:I'm having trouble believing that a mafia would kill Konowa.

Konowa, when he/she signed up for this game, hadn't played a single game of mafia yet! He/she signed up for one, but never actually played one. Would a newbie's likeliness to be lynched make the mafia want to kill them?... Probably not.

I see your point about Konowa so does this mean you are leaning towards a vig kill since SK would probably not kill him for the reason the mafia would not.

A vig may have thought that mafia would take advantage of him for an easy lynch so might as well take them out now.

How does this relate to my innocence though?
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:39 am

Post by ckool5000 »

MafiaMann wrote:

I see your point about Konowa so does this mean you are leaning towards a vig kill since SK would probably not kill him for the reason the mafia would not.

A vig may have thought that mafia would take advantage of him for an easy lynch so might as well take them out now.

1. Yes.
2. Yeah, pretty much.
3. Er... Maybe because you suggested that it was another mafia faction?... I'm really not that sure.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:41 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ckool5000 wrote:
MafiaMann wrote:

1. Yes.
2. Yeah, pretty much.
3. Er... Maybe because you suggested that it was another mafia faction?... I'm really not that sure.
Mastin who i quoted originally mentioned two factions.
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:43 am

Post by ckool5000 »

Yes, but he's... Mastin... You never know whether he's telling the truth or not, if he's serious about the game, or what color his socks are...

I have no clue why I said that last part. Also, Mastin had a link to some of his town tell/scum tells, and one of them was something about gambling or something. I'm thinking about whether about you're town for sticking with your opposite faction thing.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:44 am

Post by MafiaMann »

I think just because it mastin who said it does not mean we should diregard it.
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:45 am

Post by ckool5000 »

I've managed to confuse myself with my last post. Allow me to rephrase the second half: "One of Mastin's town-tells was that someone sticks with what they were betting was true. You're pretty sure that it was an opposing faction. So does that make you more likely to be town?"
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:47 am

Post by ckool5000 »

fallen angel wrote:Mastin acting weird is a null tell. He's Mastin, dammit!
This quote pretty much sums up the whole thing about Mastin.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”