Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

THE SETUP

This game is utilizing the 2:2:9 setup, consisting of:

2 Mafia A Goons (Shadow Dragons)

2 Mafia B Goons (The Sorcerers)

9 Vanilla Townies (Police)

THE STORY (WORK IN PROGRESS)

On June 4, 2011, an anonymous tip came by the Police Office of Raffia City, telling that a certain so-called “abandoned” building was home to members of the Shadow Dragons (Caiðeiánn Olfíghuyl, in their native language), a Mafia-like gang hailing from Chernland. They’ve been terrorizing the streets and homes with their crimes and violent activities, not the least of which have been armed confrontation with The Sorcerers, a rival gang competing for illegal trade. Having had little success in apprehending those responsible for these heinous acts, the RFPD sends out 15-member tactical team, composed of some of its finest officers, to investigate. Unbeknownst to them, six of those officers are hiding a grave secret as they pull up silently in police cars and exit towards the building….

--------------------------------------------

“Twenty-eleven south 81st Street,” says Officer Hunter. “Certainly looks the part. Intact building, neglected, depopulated area, access to major transportation routes…the works.” She casually lifts her gun from her holster.

“I still don’t like sneaking in like this,” says Officer Killian. “I mean, yeah, it’s an anonymous tip – unreliable and all – but what’s going to happen if there really
are
Dragons in there? What if they get the jump on us? We don’t know how many there are, or what kind of heat they’re packing. People could get killed, and by people I mean us.”

“Don’t tell me you’re losing your nerve
now
, Fain,” says Forsythe.

“No,” he replied. “I just…I just got a bad feeling about this, you know?”

“These are the Dragons, remember?” Hunter asks. “Most dangerous people in the country right now. If we find them – or vice versa – we can call in for backup. Five minutes, tops, we’ll have a full-scale raid.”

“I hope you’re right,” says Fain.

A moment of silence passes before Darkane impatiently commands “Come on, let’s go!”

-------------------------------------------

As they walk inside the battered doors, they are greeted by a vast lobby, empty except for concrete pillars and the words

CAIÐEIÁNN OLFÍGHUYL

Written in large bubble letters on the far wall. Bottles of Solarcaine, a broken centrifuge, and an unopened packet of cracked and chipped test tubes lay in a heap near a pillar, and an adjacent table is marred by small blue stains. Fluorescent lights flicker periodically over the two staircases on either side of the tagged wall, indicating that electricity still serves the building. They proceed ahead into the building

"Yep," says Officer Konrad, stopping to shine his flashlight on the junk pile. "I think this is the place. Or at least
was
the place."

"Looks like they were makin' Dreamer here," observes Officer Brosius. "Check out the stains on this table."

"Dreamer?" asks Ash.

"New drug that got out on the street. Half the kids in this neighborhood are on it."

"I doubt they abandoned such a lucrative position, then," says Forsythe. "I'd say we got a reliable tip this time. Stay frosty." The group slowly moved towards the west staircase

"Ugh!" says Greg, shivering as they ascend the stairs. "Did it just get really cold in here?"

"Shh!" Fernando quieted him. "We need to hear anyone coming from anywhere. Keep the chit chat to a minimum."

"Seriously, though," Fain murmured, "He's right. It's freezing up here."

"Large scale refrigeration units, maybe," Dimuir proposed. "Refrigeration keeps most of the chemicals used in Dreamer from degrading. We might've happened upon the Shadow Dragons' personal drug lab."

"Hope so. I got out of bed with a friggin' killer headache for this -- this better be good." Leanai drew his weapon and moved in tighter with the group.

--------------------------

Naomi opened the door silently, and a rush of icy air startled the group. Dimuir was spot on: the room was a drug fridge. Glass tubes filled with chemicals lined the plate metal walls, interrupted by four tables. There were two on each side, and on them were small devices with a screen and three buttons. Several small empty vials were inserted into it.

THE CAST

Darkstrike_11
as
Officer Keevan Darkane

ZazieR
as
Officer Dimuir Rezian

Kmd4390
as
Officer Jack Konrad

Kise
as
Officer Reimu Hakurei

Khamisa
as
Officer Shaun Eidenn

VP Baltar
as
Officer Leanai Valtan

lazarusmoth
as
Officer Lan Joden

AshMC1984
as
Officer Ashley Pollack

Huntress
as
Officer Naomi Hunter

dvdkid13
as
Officer Gregorio Puciato

Zachrulez
as
Officer Zachary Milton

FeRnAnDo
as
Officer Fernando Trapaga

Scott Brosius
as
Officer Scott Brosius

Guest Starring:

Officer Leann Forsythe (NPC)
Officer Fain Killian (NPC)

THE RULES

Taken from Drench, who took them from whoever.

General Rules

Above all, this is a game – have fun!
Unless it is explicitly stated in your role PM that you can do so, do not communicate with anyone outside this thread. Even then, only communicate when your role PM states you can.
Do not quote any communication you have with me, the moderator of the game. Depending on the circumstance, you may be able to paraphrase things I have sent you (such as a role PM). Use common sense and if you are unsure feel free to ask me via PM.
. I’m only human, and as such, I’m bound to make mistakes. If you believe I have made one, feel free to send through a PM and tell me what you think is wrong.
Be courteous to your fellow player. This is just a game, and any blatant personal attacks on another player will not be tolerated. Remember that everyone just wants to have fun!
Cool Blue is my color. Don’t use it.

Voting, Lynching and Deadlines

8. For your vote to be counted, it must be bold, and in the form
Vote: playername
. The colon is optional. You may also vote no lynch by posting
Vote: No Lynch
You must
unvote
a current vote before voting another. Failure to unvote will cause the vote to not be counted.
A lynch will occur at n/2 + 1 vote then rounded down, where n is the number of players currently alive. Once a lynch is achieved, votes may not be changed.
At a deadline, rule ten will still be in play. If there is not a majority, then the person with the highest number of votes will be lynched and night will begin. In the case of a tie vote, one of the candidates will be selected at random to be lynched.
If a lynch occurs, then the game enters ‘twilight’, where all alive players including the lynchee may converse until I lock the thread and confirm the lynch. No votes may be changed during this phase.
Once you are dead, you are free to make one death post, but nothing more. This post cannot contain any information relevant to the game.

Activity

. Treat this game as a commitment, and try your best to stay active. If you will be unable to participate for a period longer than 3 days, please post in the thread or PM me saying so, and I will note you in thread.
If a player has not posted for a duration of 3 days, a prod will be sent upon request from a player. If the prod is not picked up within 2 days, you may be replaced. If you are prodded three times, you will be replaced.
All days will have a deadline of three weeks (21 days).
All nights will have a deadline of 72 hours. If an action is not sent in during this time, no action will be performed.
Last edited by Kaiveran on Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

INFO CENTER
[/u]

CURRENT GAME STATUS

bold
= confirmed
* = number of prods

Alive (10/13)

Darkstrike_11 **
hasdgfas

ZazieR

Kmd4390
Khamisa ***
afatchic *

lazarusmoth ***
Haylen

Huntress
dvdkid13 ***
Battousai

Zachrulez

FeRnAnDo
killa seven **

Scott Brosius
Furry

Dead (3/13)

Kise, lynched Day 1,
Police Officer

VP Baltar, perforated Night 1,
Police Officer

AshMC1984, danmaku'd Night 1,
Police Officer

ROLE PMs

Two people are
Mafia A Goons (Shadow Dragons)
and will receive the following PM:

"You two are
Shadow Dragons
, masquerading as cops, and things are about to get ugly. The Hideout has been infiltrated by the
real
police, and what's worse, you learned that
The Sorcerors
were here as uninvited guests. You'll have to get rid of both of them if you want to survive.

______ and _____, you guys are
Mafia A
. You win when all other factions (
Mafia B
and the
Townies
) are dead, or when nothing can prevent this. You may talk with your partner at Night via PM (if you would prefer a quicktopic, let me know), and have one person send me a choice by PM of who you would like to kill.

Please confirm via reply."

Two people are
Mafia B Goons (Sorcerors)
and will receive the following PM:

"You two are members of
The Sorcerers
, but no one knows that as of yet; you pass perfectly for police officers. Your allegiances are about to be tested, however. The Hideout has been found by the
real
police, and as a result of their snooping you learned that you have Shadow Dragons as tenants. Crunch time now -- you'll need to evict the Dragons and kill the cops in order to stay hidden.

______ and _____, you guys are
Mafia B
. You win when all other factions (
Mafia A
and the
Townies
) are dead, or when nothing can prevent this. You may talk with your partner at Night via PM (if you would prefer a quicktopic, let me know), and have one person send me a choice by PM of who you would like to kill.

9 people are
Vanilla Townies (Police Officers)
, and will receive the following PM:

"You are a
Police Officer
, and judging from what's happening here, you might be nothing but a sad headline in the paper soon. The building is in lockdown, two rival gangs are in it, and you and your squadmates are caught in the crossfire. Will you make it out alive?

You are a
Townie
, armed with little but a vote. You win when both
Mafia A
and
Mafia B
are dead.

Last edited by Kaiveran on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:25 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:45 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

ALL ROLE PMs HAVE BEEN SENT AND SHOULD BE REACHING YOU SHORTLY. CONTACT ME IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE ONE.

Confirmation stage has begun. Please confirm via PM.
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

EVERYONE IS NOW CONFIRMED. Game will begin at 7:30 PM Central TODAY
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

Game has started. It is now Day 1. Beautiful day to lynch someone, eh?

Day 1 will end at 7:30 PM, Sunday, June 28, 2009.

I am in the Central Time Zone, and my computer observes DST.

No flavor or anything as I have work to do. See y'all later.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

First post!

Vote ZazieR
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
dvdkid13
dvdkid13
Townie
dvdkid13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by dvdkid13 »

To get things rollin'...

Vote Scott Brosius
FeRnAnDo
FeRnAnDo
Goon
FeRnAnDo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by FeRnAnDo »

i still don't get this 'central' stuff yet. Why can't you use the standard way of telling on which timezone you are (GMT+/-#h) instead of your country's? not everyone is from your country :P my central timezone is different from yours :P

Aside from that, Random
Vote: Kmd4390
Never discuss with an idiot, he'll take it to his level and win due to experience.

In sports, it's not important to win or lose, but to get drunk.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Not all of us know GMT times. Central works better for me. :lol:
FeRnAnDo
FeRnAnDo
Goon
FeRnAnDo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by FeRnAnDo »

assuming you're in the same country, of course :P
Never discuss with an idiot, he'll take it to his level and win due to experience.

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Same country, different time zone.
FeRnAnDo
FeRnAnDo
Goon
FeRnAnDo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by FeRnAnDo »

Yeah, with the same 'central' time zone. Most large countries have their own 'central' time zone. But since you, unlike the mod, have your location publicized on your profile, i will assume you're both from usa, and by central, you mean GMT-6! Problem solved, back to the game :)

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Vote FeRnAnDo
because this will be the only time I spell your name like that.

And all the time zone hate. (I don't live in the states either, but just saying)
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

FeRnAnDo wrote:Yeah, with the same 'central' time zone. Most large countries have their own 'central' time zone. But since you, unlike the mod, have your location publicized on your profile, i will assume you're both from usa, and by central, you mean GMT-6! Problem solved, back to the game :)
I guess I didn't consider that. Is that the standard way of time notation in games? If so, I'll do that from now on. This is my first time modding, so I apologize for any inconveniences.
FeRnAnDo
FeRnAnDo
Goon
FeRnAnDo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by FeRnAnDo »

Kaiveran wrote:
FeRnAnDo wrote:Yeah, with the same 'central' time zone. Most large countries have their own 'central' time zone. But since you, unlike the mod, have your location publicized on your profile, i will assume you're both from usa, and by central, you mean GMT-6! Problem solved, back to the game :)
I guess I didn't consider that. Is that the standard way of time notation in games? If so, I'll do that from now on. This is my first time modding, so I apologize for any inconveniences.
Check the bottom right of the thread. There is something like 'All times are in GMT-#' Yours is probably '-6' (Mine is -3). That's how this forum works, and most of the world, i think (considering UTC is basically the same thing GMT is) :P

No inconveniences at all, I just wanted to know. All is well.

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I'm basing this completely on my profile setup. (Which is aligned with central time.)

GMT - 5 = Central Time Zone.

Vote : Zazier
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:46 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

Vote: ZazieR
Win / Loss record
Town: 2 / 0
Scum: 1 / 1
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:57 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

dvdkid13 wrote:To get things rollin'...

Vote Scott Brosius
Kmd got things rolling 7 minutes before you did, if you want to get technical. Did you spend 7 mins in preview mode trying to word a non-scummy sounding random vote perfectly, thus not noticing Kmd's post? Did you?
Did you!?
Win / Loss record
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:16 am

Post by ZazieR »

Everybody, meet Rika ^^
Rika is the reincarnation of a very powerful God. Luckily, she has decided to help me to find the bad guys :)
Also, Rika knows what will happen. Which is quite fortunate as she gets killed quite often >.< And thanks to this, she has found our first suspect. So follow her (and me) into
Vote Kevin

(
Rika votes Kevin
as well ;))
Ignore the ''R''
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:40 am

Post by AshMC1984 »

Ke....vin.... ? :?
Win / Loss record
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:41 am

Post by ZazieR »

AshMC1984 wrote:Ke....vin.... ? :?
Kmd4390.
Ignore the ''R''
FeRnAnDo
FeRnAnDo
Goon
FeRnAnDo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:52 am

Post by FeRnAnDo »

Well, if Zazier posted that pic before the other 2 votes, i'd have nothing to say, it would be well deserved. But since he did it after, i'm wondering why he has 3 votes on the first page...

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:57 am

Post by ZazieR »

FeRnAnDo wrote:Well, if Zazier posted that pic before the other 2 votes, i'd have nothing to say, it would be well deserved. But since
she
did it after, i'm wondering why
she
has 3 votes on the first page...
I'm in a good mood, which is why I won't post an image or video this time to punish you.
But why are you wondering about that?
And why would it be well deserved to get votes for posting an image :?
Ignore the ''R''
FeRnAnDo
FeRnAnDo
Goon
FeRnAnDo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:40 am

Post by FeRnAnDo »

i was joking... i thought that was pretty obvious :P and i apologize i didn't notice the gender

dvdkid13
dvdkid13
Townie
dvdkid13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:39 am

Post by dvdkid13 »

AshMC1984 wrote:
dvdkid13 wrote:To get things rollin'...

Vote Scott Brosius
Kmd got things rolling 7 minutes before you did, if you want to get technical. Did you spend 7 mins in preview mode trying to word a non-scummy sounding random vote perfectly, thus not noticing Kmd's post? Did you?
Did you!?
The role of the random voting stage is to "get things rollin'" per se.
I was merely stating the obvious.
I'm sorry that you misconstrued my statement as a scumtell.
I still hope we can be friends :D

Return to “Completed Open Games”