Huntress wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Huntress wrote:He's
my
best bet so far.
Your
best bet? Elaborate please.
Why the emphasis on the pronoun?
It implies that you are thinking in terms of yourself and not the town as a whole.

Votecount #2: Yay Mod Powers!

Darkstrike_11
- (0/7)
ZazieR
(3/7) - Zachrulez, AshMC1984, Khamisa
Kmd4390
(4/7) - FeRnAnDo, ZazieR, Kise, VP Baltar
Kise
(0/7) -
Khamisa
(0/7) -
VP Baltar
(0/7) -
lazarusmoth
(0/7) -
AshMC1984
(0/7) -
Huntress
(1/7) - Kmd4390
dvdkid13
(1/7) - Huntress
Zachrulez
(1/7) - lazarusmoth
FeRnAnDo
(0/7) -
Scott Brosius
(1/7) - dvdkid13

Not voting: Scott Brosius, Darkstrike_11
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
FeRnAnDo
FeRnAnDo
Goon
FeRnAnDo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:35 am

Post by FeRnAnDo »

Gut feelings, Huntress? you are saying that out of 12 people, your gut feelings are telling he is scum? Well, gut feelings are indeed valid in a ly-lo situation, but in early game they won't help much, eh? We've got to get reasons to vote on someone at this stage.

Unvote, Vote: Huntress
Never discuss with an idiot, he'll take it to his level and win due to experience.

In sports, it's not important to win or lose, but to get drunk.
dvdkid13
dvdkid13
Townie
dvdkid13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:27 am

Post by dvdkid13 »

FeRnAnDo wrote:Gut feelings, Huntress? you are saying that out of 12 people, your gut feelings are telling he is scum? Well, gut feelings are indeed valid in a ly-lo situation, but in early game they won't help much, eh? We've got to get reasons to vote on someone at this stage.

I entirely agree with Fern's opinion on this. However, I don't believe Huntress's actions have been scummy enough at this point to award him a vote.
But I would like to point out lurkers: Scott Brosius and Darkstrike_11.
Anyone have any thoughts on lurker treatment?
dvdkid13
dvdkid13
Townie
dvdkid13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:28 am

Post by dvdkid13 »

Also
Unvote

since it seems the random voting stage is coming to a close
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:39 am

Post by Zachrulez »

dvdkid13 wrote:
FeRnAnDo wrote:Gut feelings, Huntress? you are saying that out of 12 people, your gut feelings are telling he is scum? Well, gut feelings are indeed valid in a ly-lo situation, but in early game they won't help much, eh? We've got to get reasons to vote on someone at this stage.

I entirely agree with Fern's opinion on this. However, I don't believe Huntress's actions have been scummy enough at this point to award him a vote.
Mod, please prod Scott Brosius and Darkstrike_11
(Done.)

With this type of lurking, I'm more of a fan of letting the mod go through the prodding process, and then simply allowing these kind of players to be replaced in order to hopefully get us a more active player in their slots.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:00 am

Post by lazarusmoth »

unvote

It's shaping up to be a kmd or huntress bandwagon for me. Decisions, decisions.
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:02 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

o hai

Just like to say, I'm not inactive and I was actually lurking in the true sense of the word. I've been watching the game, but not participating because I haven't really seen anything scummy yet, and I dislike the random vote stage immensely. I am an active sort of player (at least I will be once my exams are over :( ) and so please don't prod me!

Now we are starting to get out of random votes and into discussion, my activity will rise.

Until then, why don't we try question time!

what are everyone's favourite alignments? I should think I would prefer a mafia role, as it would be fun to manipulate the unknowing townies.

Did anyone else get excited at being told that they were a policeman as their role before finding out that its actually a vanilla town role? :(

and finally, has anyone played in a game with more than one mafia group, and if so are there any different scum tells?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@darkstrike-RVS is pretty much over and your questions want to drag us back...what are your thoughts on the current wagons?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:24 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Darkstrike_11 wrote:o hai

Just like to say, I'm not inactive and I was actually lurking in the true sense of the word. I've been watching the game, but not participating because I haven't really seen anything scummy yet, and I dislike the random vote stage immensely. I am an active sort of player (at least I will be once my exams are over :( ) and so please don't prod me!

Now we are starting to get out of random votes and into discussion, my activity will rise.

Until then, why don't we try question time!

what are everyone's favourite alignments? I should think I would prefer a mafia role, as it would be fun to manipulate the unknowing townies.

Did anyone else get excited at being told that they were a policeman as their role before finding out that its actually a vanilla town role? :(

and finally, has anyone played in a game with more than one mafia group, and if so are there any different scum tells?
This is active lurking. Inactivity based lurking is one thing, active lurking is another.

Disliking RVS is one thing, but why wait till you're called out on not posting to... well start posting?!

Unvote, Vote: Darkstrike

Here is an example of a game with two scumgroups.

Just for everyone that's curious about what to expect. I would say it's likely this game will turn out a bit differently than that one because unlike that game, we are aware of the fact that there are two scum teams from the start of the game.
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:18 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

Zachrulez wrote:This is active lurking. Inactivity based lurking is one thing, active lurking is another.
er yeah I know, I pretty much said so.

Think about it. i'm watching the game, not finding anything interesting to say, or to ocmment on. I see people wanting a prod, so I post before I get it. Sure it's being "called out" on it, but no more so than an actual prod.

Okay sorry to ask questions, it's usually how I gauge reactions and feelings but whatevs.

VP you said earlier today that the random stage was still happening!

Also your wish to start bandwagons sort of loses its edge when you are telling people to do it, being quite clear that it is not an intentional wagon. Surely the whole scary, scumtell inducing potency of a wagon is in the possibility that it could end up in the victim's lynch. I don't think its a particularly scummy sentiment, but I would say it would probably be more efficient to ask questions and put a verbal heat on someone than fashion a wagon which the person it's aimed at knows that half the people will unvote at a drop of a hat anyway!

So my opinion on Zazier and her imaginary goddess friend's wagon is that it aint serious. Right now the most suspicious behaviour is KMD saying that he was "happy" with the Zazier wagon, when VP wanted a serious one. Wanting a wagon for the sake of it is scummy anyway, but to express happiness with a pseudo-potent yet jokey wagon is suspicious.

Apart from that, not much to go on. I'd FOS KMD, but I'm not even 40% sure about him.

that is my two pennies. Take them, find that you can't by anything with them in the current global economic climate and then throw them back at me. :/
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:38 am

Post by Kise »

Well, VP did say that we needed to get out of the RVS at the bottom of page 3.. but I think the case on Huntress was in fact where we DID get out of the RVS, so..

FoS: Darkstrike

You say there's nothing to comment on, but then make a FOS towards KMD for his behavior? That's a non-fiction contradiction, my friend. I know Zach asked you about your thoughts on the KMD/Zaz wagons, but before that, you said there was nothing.. nada... zilch[!] to comment on. I don't understand how you go from having nothing to comment on, to making a FoS.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:19 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

err if you actually read my post its clear I don't make a FOS. I said I would if I was more certain. People asked for my opinions, I gave them. Simple enough.

I say that KMD's is the most suspicious behaviour so far, which in my mind it is, though I do qualify the statement by saying that there isn't much to go on, hence watering down the strength of that earlier statement. My post was always on the basis of a "what little I could glean" type of post.

I said that I was less than 40% sure on KMD. Now I don't know about you, but that all holds up one side of an argument to me. Read better next time.

As soon as I post people start suspecting me. As i'm town I naturally start suspecting the people who accuse me, but I suppose Kise you made a rather pathetic attempt to make me look contradictory, so I should characterise you as scummy, pal.

And thankyou for the penny, it tastes nice.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:23 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Why is this? At the end of the game, we HAVE more reasons. Early on, there's nothing wrong with gut.
dvdkid13 wrote: I entirely agree with Fern's opinion on this. However, I don't believe Huntress's actions have been scummy enough at this point to award him a vote.
Why do people have to be really scummy to get a vote?

And lurkers already? Really?
dvdkid13 wrote:Also
Unvote

So who, other than you, fernando, and huntress, is scummy?

------------------------

Darkstrike, do you really have nothing to comment on? The bandwagons maybe?

I'll answer your questions although they don't seem helpful.

1) I love to be scum. I feel I'm better at it and it's more fun.

2) Yeah, I actually PM'd the Mod asking whether I was cop or VT until I realized what game this is and there is no cop. So then I erased it from my outbox. (Mod, if you saw that you had a PM and then checked and didn't, that's why. XD)

3) The only difference is that scum are looking for the other scum. So someone who looks like they are genuinely scumhunting could still be scumhunting AND be scum. Definitely don't ignore seemingly protown players when you are looking for scum. Also, if two players seem like they aren't connected, both can still be scum from opposite groups. That's about it I think (and this was probably the only one of your questions that was useful...)

40% is good odds. If you're that sure on me, you should vote.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

You see Kmd, picking at little things can sometimes unravel the whole package. :)

Unvote, Vote:Fernando

Guess I had it right the first time. There are valid reasons to be voting Huntress right now, but yours are certainly not it. Nice attempt to join a wagon, though.
YOUR AD HERE

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:10 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

You're right. Fernando is scummier. So is dvd.

Unvote, Vote Fernando
Khamisa
Khamisa
Goon
Khamisa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:38 am

Post by Khamisa »

FeRnAnDo wrote:I dunno, but tying to draw votes to yourself, for whichever reasons, is anti-town to me... i hope you're joking, care to explain?
Of course I'm joking. The vote count is really sweet though.

This seems reversed to me. Wouldn't you rather have solid reasons in LYLO and gut feelings Day 1?

Oh, it appears this has already been brought up. :P
Show
[color=red]dead[/color] world
full of [color=red]shades[/color]
today i [color=red]die[/color]

[color=#33CC66]free[/color] world
full of [color=#33CC66]beauty[/color]
today i [color=#33CC66]swim[/color]
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:25 am

Post by lazarusmoth »

This is an interesting development. Do you hear the drums, Fernando?
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
dvdkid13
dvdkid13
Townie
dvdkid13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by dvdkid13 »

Kmd4390 wrote:

Why is this? At the end of the game, we HAVE more reasons. Early on, there's nothing wrong with gut.
dvdkid13 wrote: I entirely agree with Fern's opinion on this. However, I don't believe Huntress's actions have been scummy enough at this point to award him a vote.
Why do people have to be really scummy to get a vote?

And lurkers already? Really?
dvdkid13 wrote:Also
Unvote

So who, other than you, fernando, and huntress, is scummy?

You're right. Fernando is scummier. So is dvd.
Here's what I think:
I believe in withholding my vote until I observe more behavior. If we lynch someone, the odds that we lynch scum is 31% which leaves the odds that we lynch a townie at 69%. This is one of the reasons why I feel uncomfortable jumping on the Fern bandwagon.

As for KMd statement: "Why do people have to be really scummy to get a vote?"

I never said that people had to be REALLY scummy to earn a vote. I just said that they need to to be scummy ENOUGH.
I'm sure everyone has their own opinion on what "scummy enough" is.

Also, KMd: i respect your opinion that you think I am scummy or exhibiting scum symptoms, but i was hoping that you could elaborate on your reasoning please.

And, I haven't seen enough of each player to REALLY make an educated guess on who is scum and who isn't.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

DVd wrote:I believe in withholding my vote until I observe more behavior. If we lynch someone, the odds that we lynch scum is 31% which leaves the odds that we lynch a townie at 69%. This is one of the reasons why I feel uncomfortable jumping on the Fern bandwagon.
The odds aren't going to get much better. Why should this stop us from lynching? Do you think anyone is planning on lynching Fernando already?
DVd wrote:I never said that people had to be REALLY scummy to earn a vote. I just said that they need to to be scummy ENOUGH.
Why isn't slight scumminess enough if it's more than what anyone else has done?
DVd wrote:Also, KMd: i respect your opinion that you think I am scummy or exhibiting scum symptoms, but i was hoping that you could elaborate on your reasoning please.
-too cautious with your vote
-seem to be overexplaining yourself aka trying too hard
-"lurker treatment" question seemed weird when you could have either voted or asked for a prod
dvdkid13
dvdkid13
Townie
dvdkid13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:46 am

Post by dvdkid13 »

kmd wrote:
DVd wrote:I believe in withholding my vote until I observe more behavior. If we lynch someone, the odds that we lynch scum is 31% which leaves the odds that we lynch a townie at 69%. This is one of the reasons why I feel uncomfortable jumping on the Fern bandwagon.
The odds aren't going to get much better. Why should this stop us from lynching? Do you think anyone is planning on lynching Fernando already?
I don't think that should stop a lynch I just think that we should be more careful when the odds are bad, thats all I'm saying. I think that if enough people join the Fern bandwagon, he could possibly be lynched
kmd wrote:
DVd wrote:I never said that people had to be REALLY scummy to earn a vote. I just said that they need to to be scummy ENOUGH.
Why isn't slight scumminess enough if it's more than what anyone else has done?
Because "slight scumminess" could just be a town slip-up and if we end up basing our decision on that, we could end up lynching town
kmd wrote:
DVd wrote:Also, KMd: i respect your opinion that you think I am scummy or exhibiting scum symptoms, but i was hoping that you could elaborate on your reasoning please.
-too cautious with your vote
-seem to be overexplaining yourself aka trying too hard
-"lurker treatment" question seemed weird when you could have either voted or asked for a prod
I just want to express my opinions and beliefs and make sure that people are understanding them
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:58 am

Post by VP Baltar »

dvdkid wrote:I don't think that should stop a lynch I just think that we should be more careful when the odds are bad, thats all I'm saying. I think that if enough people join the Fern bandwagon, he could possibly be lynched
No wagon has really gotten to the point yet where we "need to be more careful". I wouldn't worry about Fernando getting lynched either right now, as he doesn't have much support on his wagon, just Kmd and I. Feel free to join if you think he acted scummy.

@lazarus-When do you plan to start scum hunting?
YOUR AD HERE

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:04 am

Post by Zachrulez »

My eyebrow raises at dvdkid's concern of a Fernando lynch happening while he has a mere 2 votes.
dvdkid13
dvdkid13
Townie
dvdkid13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:13 am

Post by dvdkid13 »

Zachrulez wrote:My eyebrow raises at dvdkid's concern of a Fernando lynch happening while he has a mere 2 votes.
I'm not only concerned with a fern lynch. i'm concerned of a lynch too early which may result in a mislynch
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:36 am

Post by Zachrulez »

dvdkid13 wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:My eyebrow raises at dvdkid's concern of a Fernando lynch happening while he has a mere 2 votes.
I'm not only concerned with a fern lynch. i'm concerned of a lynch too early which may result in a mislynch
I heard you the first time.

There's a way you can reduce the threat of this mislynching you are worried about though. It's called scumhunting, and you can start by telling us who you think is scummy.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:25 am

Post by Kise »

IGMEO
Ash. He nonchalantly joins a bandwagon during RVS to put the queen at L-4, then tries to make a big deal about dvdkid rolling a blunt or something. Looks to me like he tried to get a case going against dvd off of something petty; unless I'm still right about them both being Shadow Dragons.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…

Return to “Completed Open Games”