muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:01 am

Post by muzzz »

ortolan wrote:Please don't call for claims until he has ~half the town voting for him
Did you mean "~half the vote threshold"? Because "~half the town" is "~lynched".

And what else was I supposed to do? Go "Yeah, you should all vote BC for reasons I can't divulge until he's at L-1"? Or keep to myself, cross my fingers, and hope very hard that the scum are complete morons?

His response to the Spartacus claim was widely different from others. He was the
only
one who appeared to have reason to find a Spartacus claim suspicious. If even a single scumbag noticed this, they wouldn't even need inside information about Spartacus to realize that BC needs offing.

Re. BC's claim - I kinda expected a claim of Spartacus. Or at least more information about him. But not the cop part. That seems a bit off from the movie's script. Especially with the recognizing. The only people I remember looking for Spartacus in the movie were the people trying to kill him. But since we don't know how close Emp is keeping to the script, it's not necessarily false.

I say we give BC the benefit of the doubt for now. I'm assuming that his claim means he's now recognized, and gets to investigate tonight. Which means we'll have more information tomorrow, whether he lives through the night or not. So for now:

Unvote, vote Lazarus
Most justified random vote ever:
"Vote: muzzz for making my girlfriend think you were me" - Rai
cateraction
cateraction
Goon
cateraction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:02 am

Post by cateraction »

unvote

Well, if he's telling the truth. Which there's no reason to assume he isn't day 1. Then would it be safe to assume that most or all pro-town players are Spartacus, and those lying are not? [/quote]
Town - 3-1-0
Scum - 1-3-0
3rd Party - 1-0-0
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:08 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

ortolan wrote:
Unvote

So your character is actually called Spartacus?
correct, in the PM i was labeled as a "title character." in case that does anything for anyone.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:31 am

Post by muzzz »

cateraction wrote:Well, if he's telling the truth. Which there's no reason to assume he isn't day 1. Then would it be safe to assume that most or all pro-town players are Spartacus, and those lying are not?
I think it would be safest to assume as little as possible. In particular, I consider it entirely possibly that the scum were at least aware of the existence of a Spartacus role.
Most justified random vote ever:
"Vote: muzzz for making my girlfriend think you were me" - Rai
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:24 am

Post by Empking »

Vote Count 5

Lazurusmoth (5): Spolium, Fishy, Pads, Ash, Muzzz
Ortolan (2): Skitzer, Lazurusmoth
Fishy (1): Archon
Not Voting (4): Bloodcovenent, Infinis, Ortalon, Cateraction

7 to Lynch
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
cateraction
cateraction
Goon
cateraction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:37 am

Post by cateraction »

Wait, why is lazarus at L-2? Is there even a case against him?
Town - 3-1-0
Scum - 1-3-0
3rd Party - 1-0-0
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:05 am

Post by lazarusmoth »

I hope I can take the heat off me because, believe me, this bandwagon will NOT bring good results for town. Let me respond to your suspicions.
Pads wrote:
'Not having much time to read and post' doesn't work for me when it was a single line claiming a role that he didn't claim in his first post after the claim, but then tried to claim later on the same page.
Really sorry to muddy up the waters, but it was an extraordinarily busy day for me. I responded to Archon's post on Page 1 and logged off. On that day, I didn't even get to read Page 2 where pad's claim started.

Hope this takes care of AshMC's and fishy's votes for me as well.
ortolan wrote:
lazarusmoth (67) wrote:1) Making a hesitant Spartacus claim in post 36
"hesitant"? What do you mean exactly?
lazarusmoth (67) wrote:2)
Suddenly urging everyone else to claim Spartacus in post 44
aaand...you have utterly failed to explain in any way why these actions are scummy.
Hesitant = "mmm may as well...I'm not convinced this is a wise move but...I am Spartacus." The others did not seem to waffle on as you did here.

My reasoning here is - which I took from Fish's quote - that urging everyone to claim Spartacus muddies up the waters as I have reasons to believe that Spartacians are pro-town. That said, I need to reexamine my ortolan vote in the light of other revelations here and be extra careful with my posts so as not to draw fire.
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:08 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

he has like four posts, none of any real substance. I don't know if i would consider him scum or not yet, because there is a lack of evidence.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:14 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

does anyone beside me think that it's possible, that every singly player, was given the "role" or "name" spartacus? So that this confusion would occur, and players would think that all Spartacus's are pro-town.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:15 am

Post by skitzer »

Unvote

BC: I think that was the intention.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:17 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

skitzer wrote:
Unvote

BC: I think that was the intention.
wow, i didn't recognize your account at first.

thoughts on the game so far?
cateraction
cateraction
Goon
cateraction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:19 am

Post by cateraction »

BC: You're not even on the wagon. Why are you defending it?

Skitzer: Anything else to contribute to the game? What do you think of BC's claim? Any theories about the game setup? Any comments on the Lazarus wagon?
Town - 3-1-0
Scum - 1-3-0
3rd Party - 1-0-0
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:34 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

cateraction wrote:BC: You're not even on the wagon. Why are you defending it?
So i have to be on the wagon to defend it?

Laz is lurking, blame it on school, work or whatever, thats the only case i would put against him. I'm just surprised how fast and unnoticed the wagon occurred.

he has like... 5 posts now? first two were still part of the RVS, third was a Spartacus claim, and the other two consisted of 1. putting a small case on Orto, and 2. says that this bandwagon will "NOT bring good results for the town." then explains his "busy day," and goes to basically cry that he got heat from Orto from his Spartacus claim. basically OMIGUS. Then he goes on to say,
Laz wrote: I need to reexamine my ortolan vote in the light of other revelations here and be extra careful with my posts so as not to draw fire.
cateraction
cateraction
Goon
cateraction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:50 am

Post by cateraction »

Well, either you think the case is valid and will vote him or you do not and are witholding your vote. I see you fence sitting which I find scummy.
Town - 3-1-0
Scum - 1-3-0
3rd Party - 1-0-0
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:54 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

If the day's lynch really came down to him, i would be willing to hammer.
cateraction
cateraction
Goon
cateraction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:57 am

Post by cateraction »

Based solely on that he hasn't posted a lot? What about the others who have not posted? What about Spitzer? Would you hammer him?
Town - 3-1-0
Scum - 1-3-0
3rd Party - 1-0-0
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:07 am

Post by lazarusmoth »

People voting for me: Reactions to my post please?
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:36 am

Post by skitzer »

[quote="cateraction"Skitzer: Anything else to contribute to the game? What do you think of BC's claim? Any theories about the game setup? Any comments on the Lazarus wagon? [/quote]

What I think about the game setup is this: Everyone, including scum, was probably given the notion that claiming spartacus would be a good thing to do. One person, who I'm assuming is BC, was the real spartacus and causes something to happen. That's as far as I've gotten.
Infinis
Infinis
Goon
Infinis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Infinis »

lazarous moth scum I can't see it. Is there some hidden text I missed?

However,
AshMC1984 wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:
AshMC1984 wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:A little early to be spreading lies don't you think?
Do you
think
or
know
this? Why / how?
Unless there is more than one Spartacus, he cannot be him.
I'm assuming that's a counter-claim?
Fishing...
AshMC1984 wrote:Pads - I'm curious, why the unprompted claim in the first place?
Fail.
AshMC1984 wrote:
Pads wrote:'Not having much time to read and post' doesn't work for me when it was a single line claiming a role that he didn't claim in his first post after the claim, but then tried to claim later on the same page.
I can buy this. Seems as good a place to start as any right now.

Vote: lazarusmoth
Barning so soon?

Vote: Ash
Games Played: Mini 741, Newbie 764
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:27 am

Post by Fishythefish »

unvote
. Too close to a lynch for my liking.

lazurus would still be my first pick. It is possible that, as he claims, he just didn't see the last post in the thread before posting- but there is also a decent chance he didn't claim Spartacus because he didn't know about Spartacus.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Infinis wrote:lazarous moth scum I can't see it. Is there some hidden text I missed?

However,
AshMC1984 wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:
AshMC1984 wrote:
Do you
think
or
know
this? Why / how?
Fishing...
AshMC1984 wrote:Pads - I'm curious, why the unprompted claim in the first place?
Fail.
AshMC1984 wrote:
Pads wrote:'Not having much time to read and post' doesn't work for me when it was a single line claiming a role that he didn't claim in his first post after the claim, but then tried to claim later on the same page.
I can buy this. Seems as good a place to start as any right now.

Vote: lazarusmoth
Barning so soon?

Vote: Ash
you said five words, then voted Ash, give some substance to your claim, without it, you looks scummy.

Vote: Infinis
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

unvote

The two lines of reasoning I'm currently trying to determine are these:
1. All players have been given the info to claim Spartacus.
2. Only pro-town players have been given the info to claim Spartacus.

Point #1: BC can only get cop power if he is recognized by a group. I'm thinking Spartacus claims activate this power.
I'm also thinking why would a Spartacus claim be given to scum so they could power up a cop?

Given these assertions, I have a list of who's pro-town and suspicions of who's not. But before I continue, I'd like to know how you feel about these two lines of reasoning. Is it not logical to assume reasoning #2? Honestly, I'm not sure myself. I'd like to believe it, but I may be mistaken.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

EBWOP to clear up a possible confusing line:

unvote

BC can only get cop power if he is recognized by a group. I'm thinking Spartacus claims activate this power.
I'm also thinking why would a Spartacus claim be given to scum so they could power up a cop?

Given these assertions, I have a list of who's pro-town and suspicions of who's not. But before I continue, I'd like to know how you feel about these two lines of reasoning. Is it not logical to assume reasoning #2? Honestly, I'm not sure myself. I'd like to believe it, but I may be mistaken.
Infinis
Infinis
Goon
Infinis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by Infinis »

lazarusmoth wrote:
unvote

Point #1: BC can only get cop power if he is recognized by a group. I'm thinking Spartacus claims activate this power.

I think it's #2 and hence my vote for ash who didn't seem to know the reason pads claimed Spartacus.

It is balanced for only town to have it. Look at it like this if two or three people claim Spartacus, it would be foolish if at least one scum didn't claim Spartacus to blend in. At a certain point in the claiming of Spartacus, there would be no way to separate the scum faking town and town e.g. was it the third claim, the fourth, the fifth etc.
Games Played: Mini 741, Newbie 764
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:05 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

Infinis wrote:lazarous moth scum I can't see it. Is there some hidden text I missed?

However,
AshMC1984 wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:
AshMC1984 wrote:
Do you
think
or
know
this? Why / how?
Fishing...
I expected him to be CC'ing, but wanted him to come out and say it. I had the name Spartacus. 1 person having the same name as me is one thing, 2 people having it is another thing entirely, and gave me cause to suspect that most if not all other players were also 'Spartacus'.
Infinis wrote:
Fail.
We'll have to agree to disagree. It would not have surprised me if someone had claimed Spartacus
at some point
but I wasn't expecting it that early.
lazarusmoth wrote:
unvote

unvote

I tentatively believe LM. And CA. As for the bold, I'm thinking that scum-claims of Spartacus didn't count towards the cop activation.
Infinis wrote:I think it's #2 and hence my vote for ash who didn't seem to know the reason pads claimed Spartacus.
I think I know what you are referring to and can answer it if pressed, but I would prefer to keep my cards close to my chest unless it is vitally important I do so.

Does the following help? -> I knew the reason
why
pads claimed Spartacus. I didn't know the reason why he did it
when
he did.
Win / Loss record
Town: 2 / 0
Scum: 1 / 1

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”