Mini 798 - Unreal Tournament Mafia (OVER)

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Mini 798 - Unreal Tournament Mafia (OVER)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 6:24 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Unreal Tournament Mafia

Moderator:
Tarhalindur
Backup Moderator:
MafiaSSK

"Some_noob (Tarhalindur) put a hole in Mr. Happy's head!
Some_noob (Tarhalindur) is Dominating!
Kekeke_Zerg_Rush ripped a chunk of meat out of Vengeance_2k4 with the Ripper!
Legacy_of_Hubris smacked Kekeke_Zerg_Rush down with the Rocket Launcher!
Legacy_of_Hubris ate Vengeance_2k4's burning plasma death!
Some_noob (Tarhalindur)'s killing spree was just ended by ???!
Some_noob (Tarhalindur) was killed off for real by ???'s happy fun ball! He won't be respawning anytime soon!"

<wait a minute, guys, what did it mean not respawning?>
<uh, guys, there's no player named ??? in the game>

<oh shit, we've got a problem>

<hai guys i d0n't kn0w if y0u kn0w but th3r3s supp0s3d t0 b3 th3s3 bad guys call3d the UT Mafia ar0und>

<ORLY?>

<Okay, let's think about this. If there's a Mafia around, what shall we do?>

<Lynch th3m. L3t m3 show j00.>

Game State:
OVER

Ready to Frag:

2) kuribo
rep. CF Riot
, Wraith, Mafia (started with Shock Rifle and Relic of Defense)
8) Kairyuu, Damarcus, Mafia (started with Grenade Launcher and Relic of Invisibility)

Where's My Respawn, Dammit?:

4) Budja, Jacob, Townie (started with Redeemer)
5) StrangerCoug, Jacob, Townie (Race Cop, started with Bio Rifle)
6) Pesco47, Lauren, Townie (Mason, started with Link Gun)

12) Xylthixlm, Xan, Serial Killer (started with Sniper Rifle and Relic of Strength)

5) ortolan, Gorge, Townie (started with Keg of Health, Ripper, and Relic of Rage)
1) veerus, Brock, Townie (Mason, started with Rocket Launcher)
11) duckduck96, Mr. Crow, Townie (Vampire, started with Minigun and Relic of Speed)
1) forbiddanlight, ClanLord, Townie (started with Flak Cannon and Relic of Regeneration)
4) Wizardcat, Kira, Townie (started with Flak Cannon and Relic of Vengeance)

9) Isacc, Malcolm, Serial Killer (started with Dual Enforcers and Relic of Redemption) was endgamed

Left the Server:

- ...and let's hope this doesn't... -
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Wed May 27, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 9 times in total.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 6:25 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Rules:

<0> I am the Mod thy God. If a dispute arises, my decision is final. That said, I am not infallible - if I make a mistake or you have a question, please inform me of the problem (preferably via PM or bold text) and I will correct it.
<1> This is a game. I hope that you have fun. In return, I ask that you not have your fun at the expense of the other players in this game (in other words, don't be a jackass). Repeated or extreme violations of this rule will result in replacement or modkill.
<1a> Attempting to use loopholes in the rules to gain an advantage in the game is considered jackassery, and will be treated as such. This applies to things like encrypted codes, invisible text, editing and deleting posts, trying to use the structure of the role PM to gain an advantage, etc. Please, use your common sense!
<2> If there is a conflict between a role and the rules, the role wins.
<3> Claiming that another player is your scumbuddy will result in a modkill.
<4> Quoting private communications (role PM, mason conversations, etc.) or pretending to do the same will result in a modkill. Paraphrasing, however, is not only acceptable but encouraged unless I explicitly say otherwise.
<5> You may not talk with other people about this game outside of the thread (but see Rule 2).
<6> This game will have both a vote count and a FoS (Finger of Suspicion) count. All players will have 1 vote and 1 FoS (but see Rule 2).
<6a> In a Normal game, the FoS count will have no effect on the game other than breaking voting ties at deadline. Theme games make no such guarantee. (Especially not this one!)
<7> To help the game run smoothly, votes and FoS'es should be made in bold text, and use the format
Vote: XXXX
and
FoS: XXXX
, respectively. An unvote and/or unFoS is required to remove a vote or FoS; to unvote or unFoS, please use the format
Unvote: XXXX
or
UnFoS: XXXX
<8> If a player has a majority of votes, that player is lynched and cannot be unvoted. You may talk during twilight unless I state otherwise.
<9> Each game day will begin with a negotiable deadline of 2 weeks in place. At the end of each week, if I find the activity level in the game acceptable and the week does not end with the deadline, then I will extend the deadline by one week, to a maximum of twice the original deadline (a maximum of 4 weeks); the maximum deadlines are not retractable.
<10> If deadline occurs without a full majority and a majority of voting players are voting for a player, that player will be lynched. Otherwise, No Lynch will occur.
<11> You may elect to No Lynch any number of times during the course of the game. In order to No Lynch, one of the two following conditions must be met: either a majority of living players must vote no lynch, or no player receives a majority of votes before deadline. (To vote No Lynch, please use the format
Vote: No Lynch
. FoS'es for No Lynch will not be counted.)

<12> Don't drink and post, lest ye receive Public Humilitation. (This rule is an injoke and doesn't actually do anything.)
<13> This is a Twilight setup. All actions are submitted during the day and resolve at the end of twilight.
(This effectively makes Twilight a night where all players may still talk in the thread.)

<14> When you die, stop posting. You may make a single "Bah!"/"Frak you!"/etc. post in the thread. You may not include game content in this post. In addition, once you are dead, do not discuss the game with anyone other than the Mod until the game is over.
<15> All players need to post at least once every 72 hours, or inform me if this is not possible. If you do not post for 72 hours, you will be prodded. If you are prodded, then you will need to post something (a simple "/prodded" will suffice if you're short on time) within 72 hours or you will be replaced. You will receive an Official Warning the second time you fail to post for more than 72 hours. The third time you fail to post for 72 hours, you will be replaced.
<15a> If you have limited access, you need to post to this effect, either in V/LA or in the thread. If I prod you despite you declaring V/LA status, call me on it and I will be duly embarrassed.
<15b> If you post before I get around to handing out the prod, you avoid the prod.
<16> Players may only use one special ability per day (but see Rule 2). Passive abilities and factional abilities are not counted as special abilities for purposes of this rule.

<17> This game will start after all players have confirmed (by the method specified in their role PM).
<18> Any player who is modkilled automatically loses the game. I will modkill in the fashion that I deem most damaging to the modkilled player's faction.
<19> I reserve the right to add rules if necessary (or if I really, really want to).
<20> Okay, that's enough formal-sounding stuff. Good luck, have fun!

Game-Specific Rules:

<21> This is a Worst Idea setup. There are no days, no nights and no lynches in this game, and all actions resolve at Rapid Action speed. Each player begins the game with an amount of health and a weapon with a limited number of charges. Players may also begin the game with a certain amount of shield, an item, and/or a special ability.
<22> All weapons have two abilities (Primary Fire and Alt Fire), which cost a certain number of charges and typically deal damage to a player. To use a weapon's Primary fire on someone, type
Fire: PLAYERNAME
in the thread. To use a weapon's Alt Fire on someone, type
Altfire: PLAYERNAME
in the thread.
<23> Some weapons have a Final Fire. A Final Fire triggers when the person carrying that weapon dies or drops his weapon. Final Fire abilities are MANDATORY - if a Final Fire ability triggers, you must use it immediately.
<24> Dealing damage to a player removes shield from the target player. If more damage is dealt that that player has shield, then that damage removes health from that player.
<25> If at any time a player has 0 or less health, that player dies as a state-based effect.
<26> All weapons and active abilities have a Recharge Time that triggers after use. A Recharge Time means that you cannot use any activated ability (Weapon Primary Fire, Weapon Alt Fire, Location Change, or active special ability) for that many hours after you use this ability.
<26a> Recharge rates are intrinsic to players, not items; when you use an ability, you must wait for a duration equal to that weapon's Recharge Time before using another ability, regardless of any changes in abilities (due to dropped items or rolebased) in the meantime.
<26b> Each weapon's Primary Fire and Secondary Fire have identical recharge rate. That recharge rate is shown at the bottom of each weapon's descriptive PM.
<27> Each player may drop his or her weapon at any time by posting
DROP: WEAPONNAME
in the thread at any time.
<27a> If there is a weapon dropped in the thread, each player may pick up that weapon by posting
TAKE: WEAPONNAME
in the thread, assuming he or she is not currently carrying a weapon. If two or more players attempt to pick up a weapon, the first player not currently carrying a weapon who attempted to pick that weapon up gets the weapon.
<27b> When a player is killed, that player will drop his or her weapon automatically.
<28> A player may hold only one weapon at any given time. If a player is holding more than one weapon at a time for any reason, that player must drop one of his or her weapons immediately.
<29> If a weapon has been dropped and has run out of charges, it will be removed from the game as a state-based effect.
<30> Items may or may not have a special ability. Items with a special ability may have active, passive, or triggered (passive-triggered) abilities. Items may or may not have charges, depending on the item.
<31> Each player may drop an item he or she is carrying at any time by posting
DROP: ITEMNAME
in the thread at any time.
<31a>If there is a weapon dropped in the thread, each player may pick up that weapon by posting
TAKE: ITEMNAME
in the thread, assuming he or she is not currently carrying an item. If two or more players attempt to pick up a weapon, the first player not currently carrying an item who attempted to pick that item up gets the item.
<31b> When a player is killed, that player will any item he or she is carrying automatically.
<32> A player may hold only one item at any given time. If a player is holding more than one weapon at a time for any reason, that player must drop one of his or her items immediately.
<31> When a player is killed, that player will drop any item he or she is holding automatically.
<32> This game, in addition to weapons and items, has Locations. Every location contains a special powerup. Locations are relevant to certain abilities.
<33> Powerups may be passive or consumable. The full list of possible powerups is as follows:
- 1) Shield Belt (consumable): Adds +150 shield to its consumer, to a maximum of 150 shield. This powerup regenerates every 96 hours.
- 2) Super Shield Pack (consumable): Adds +100 shield to its consumer, to a maximum of 150 shield. This powerup regenerates every 72 hours.
- 3) Shield Pack (consumable): Adds +50 shield to its consumer, to a maximum of 50 shield points. This powerup regenerates every 48 hours.
- 4) Helmet (consumable): The next time a headshot would deal damage to this powerup's consumer, instead that headshot deals normal damage. This powerup does not regenerate.
- 5) Keg of Health (consumable): Adds +100 health to its consumer, up to a maximum of 199 health. This powerup regenerates every 96 hours. And no, we're not holding an intergalactic kegger.
- 6) Health Packs (consumable): Adds +50 health to its consumer, to a maximum of 100 health. This powerup regenerates every 48 hours.
- 7) Health Vials (consumable): Adds +25 health to its consumer, to a maximum of 199 health. This powerup regenerates every 48 hours.
- 8) Double Damage (consumable): This powerup's consumer deals double damage for the next 24 hours. This powerup regenerates every 72 hours.
- 9) Invisibility (consumable): This powerup's consumer may activate abilities via PM for 48 hours (by sending a PM to the mod with
Fire: PLAYERNAME
Altfire: PLAYERNAME
, or
ABILITYNAME: PLAYERNAME
instead of posting the command in the thread). This powerup regenerates every 72 hours.
- 10) Boots of Jumping/Anti-Grav Boots (consumable): This powerup, while utterly cool, does nothing. It regenerates every 24 hours.
- 11) High Ground (passive): Players standing on High Ground deal will deal Headshots with any weapon with a Headshot function.
- 12a) Health Pod (passive): Any player located in a Health Pod will regenerate 25 health per 24 hours to a maximum of 100 health.
- 12b) Health Pod Trigger (passive): If a player is located on a Health Pod Trigger, the amount of damage healed by a Health Pod will be multiplied by -1 (so the Health Pod will deal 25 damage to each player in its location every 24 hours).
<34> Passive powerups are applied equally to all players in that powerup's location. Consumable powerups are distributed as follows: when that powerup regenerates, choose a player randomly from each player in that location and give that player the consumable item.
<35> Each player's location will be chosen at the start of the game. If you wish to change your location, send me a PM with
New Location: LOCATION NUMBER
. This ability has no recharge time but can only be used once every 24 hours.
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Wed May 20, 2009 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 6:36 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Location List:

[mrow]
Locations:
[col](1,x)[col](2,x)[col](3,x)[col](4,x)(x,1)[col]1 (1,1)[col]2 (2,1)[col]3 (3,1)[col]4 (4,1)(x,2)[col]5 (1,2)[col]6 (2,2)[col]7 (3,2)[col]8(4,2)(x,3)[col]9 (1,3)[col]10 (2,3)[col]11 (3,3)[col]12 (4,3)

Each of these locations has a powerup selected at random (via random.org) from all the possible powerups (listed in the Rules post). See the Rules post for additional information about Locations.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 7:11 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

It is now Confirmation Stage. Role, weapon, item, and other PMs are now going out. You may post in the thread during Confirmation Stage, but please confirm via the method indicated in your role PM. The game will begin once all players have confirmed. - Tar
User out of ambit.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Sh-t, another War In Heaven game.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by veerus »

can i fire at anyone or just people at my location? (do we even know who's where?)

1) Anyone, but some weapons may have altered effects depending on locations.
2) No.

- Tar
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by Isacc »

So I take it rather than voting people to lynch, we would collectively shoot someone to death? Or am I misunderstanding?
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by veerus »

someone.. or many someones. Everyone has hit points and everyone's weapons do damage. Since there are no days/nights, whenever someone dies, they drop their weapon and the game continues without really stopping. At least that's my understanding of the process.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by Isacc »

Sorry for short notice. Please note sig.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 7:50 pm

Post by ortolan »

Xyl (4) wrote:Sh-t, another War In Heaven game.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 6:08 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Fire: Tarhalindur

I needed something to do in this game and it's not going to count anyway :P
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 6:09 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Who hasn't confirmed?

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by ortolan »

Good question.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 9:48 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

It has come to my attention that CF Riot has not posted since May 6 and has likely left the site. I am searching for a replacement. Day will start tomorrow (or Saturday - if I do this, it will be for Isacc's sake), regardless of whether or not a replacement is found (I will select his starting position randomly if I cannot find a replacement in time). - Tar
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 8:32 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Kuribo replaces CF Riot. Please welcome him to the game! The game should begin tomorrow morning at latest. - Tar
User out of ambit.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by kuribo »

Just hold still and I'll make it quick! You all fight like Nali.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

kuribo wrote:Just hold still and I'll make it quick! You all fight like Nali.
You know that Role PM I sent you? I'm still waiting on your confirmation PM (once you send it in, I can start the game). - Tar
User out of ambit.

Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 7:29 pm

Post by Pesco47 »

Xylthixlm wrote:laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag
QFT
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 6:50 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

veerus has entered the game.

<veerus>: hey guyz just how fast can we change locations anyways?

kuribo (CF Riot) has entered the game.

<kuribo (CF Riot)>: You fight like NALI!

forbiddanlight has entered the game.
Budja has entered the game.
StrangerCoug has entered the game.

<StrangerCoug>: I'm going to go shoot some_noob's corpse now. BRB.

Pesco47 has entered the game.

<Pesco47>: Dammit, can't type kanji, katakana, or hirigana in the talk channel.

Ortolan has entered the game.

<Ortolan>: Dammit, why did my friends want to play FPS? We could be playing StarCraft today, but NO...

Kairyuu has entered the game
Isacc has entered the game

<Isacc>: So we shoot guys to kill them here?

<kuribo>: Uh, yeah. What did you think we would do to kill them?

<Isacc>: String them up by a noose, of course.

Wizardcat has entered the game.

<kuribo>: Now that's just a silly idea.

duckduck96 has entered the game.
Xylthixlm has entered the game.

<Xylthixlm>: Goddamn lag.

<Xylthixlm>: And I don't like FPS that much anyways.

Game starting in 3... 2... 1...

The Zeroth Damage Count (aka the "Game On" Damage Count

Player Name - shield difference/health difference

1) veerus - 0/0
2) kuribo
rep. CF Riot
3) forbiddanlight - +50/0
4) Budja - 0/0
5) StrangerCoug - 0/0
6) Pesco47 - 0/0
7) ortolan - 0/0
8) Kairyuu - 0/0
9) Isacc - 0/0
10) Wizardcat - +100/0
11) duckduck96 - 0/+10
12) Xylthixlm - 0/0

Begin Game!
User out of ambit.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 6:57 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

My starting location has a health pod.

Should we reveal where we started?

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 7:18 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

So yeah, Obvious first move here

Fire Tarhalindur

No such luck. You don't waste a shot. Or a recharge. - Tar
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 7:24 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

I just noticed there's no powerup that gives +10 health.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 7:26 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Possibly picked up a health powerup but already had 190 health?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 7:28 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

forbiddanlight wrote:
Possibly picked up a health powerup but already had 190 health?
Starting with 90 health would work.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”