Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 8:16 am

Post by Brandi »

Then again, trying too hard is probably a good thing.^ So maybe Fishy is the most pro-town person here right now.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 8:53 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Brandi wrote:Then again, trying too hard is probably a good thing.^ So maybe Fishy is the most pro-town person here right now.
Trying too hard could also be a sign of scum paranoia so I'd label trying too hard a scumtell rather than a towntell.
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 11:37 am

Post by veerus »

vote: hp
for calling out a 4-player scum team in a 12-player mini. He must know something we don't..
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 10:37 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

unvote, vote: hp

veerus provides the best reason for a vote so far. hp appears to have extra setup knowledge.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 4:40 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Fishythefish wrote:
unvote, vote: hp

veerus provides the best reason for a vote so far. hp appears to have extra setup knowledge.
Is this vote serious?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 4:49 am

Post by Fishythefish »

If by serious you mean "not entirely random", yes. The fact that you named 4 scum suggests you know there are 4 scum, as this is not a usual number for a setup of this size.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 5:04 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Fishythefish wrote:If by serious you mean "not entirely random", yes. The fact that you named 4 scum suggests you know there are 4 scum, as this is not a usual number for a setup of this size.
4 scum for this game is Xylbot's maximum. Now you also know. Happy?
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 6:45 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

<--- Has been refreshing every five seconds, hoping to see a new post.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by Furry »

hp [leaves] wrote:
Fishythefish wrote:If by serious you mean "not entirely random", yes. The fact that you named 4 scum suggests you know there are 4 scum, as this is not a usual number for a setup of this size.
4 scum for this game is Xylbot's maximum. Now you also know. Happy?
That doesnt answer why you brought up four scum. I have never seen that in a mini outside of a 8-2-2 setup.
Temporary unretired alt
Maturin24
Maturin24
Townie
Maturin24
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by Maturin24 »

@inHimshallibe: Are you sure you're not just looking too deeply into a random vote?

Although I don't really like the banter that Brandi and Furry had on the last page. And then the voting of inHim to defent Furry right away.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Look, here's the thing: If we accept that [hp] did, in fact, slip scum info, we'd also have to accept that there IS a four-person team, something that's already been brought up as highly unlikely.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 2:48 am

Post by Brandi »

^Matur, it wasn't a defense of furry, it was I didn't like his reason. I don't really have much of an opinion of furry since I can't tell if a lot of his posts are just fluff or not. He says a lot, but I'm having trouble finding anything useful/helpful in the things that he says.

Anyway, eventually you will all learn that I am incredibly friendly in everything that I do >>

Anyway I don't know what to think of HP. That little 'slip up' isn't enough for a lynch, but should be kept in mind as we progress.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 2:50 am

Post by Brandi »

Anyway I say Anyway a lot. Also, if there was 4 scum would that mean that they might not all be in one group? Maybe 2 groups of 2? Or is 4 in one just most likely?
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 4:05 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Mod: V/LA until Thursday.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 4:24 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Yeah, but even if there's two scum groups with two people in each, they wouldn't likely know of each other's existance till one of the other group was lynched or killed. I don't have any idea what hp was driving at with his listing of four scum, maybe he was just trying to help his odds of being right?
Dr. Perry Cox
Dr. Perry Cox
Townie
Dr. Perry Cox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 4:33 am

Post by Dr. Perry Cox »

Votecount

2 Brandi
(Tzeentch, Slicey)
2 Furry
(Gorrad, inHimshallibe)
2 Fishythefish
(Debonair Danny DiPietro, Furry)
2 Slicey
(Maturin24, hp [leaves])
2 inHimshallibe
(BrianMcQueso, Brandi)
2 hp [leaves]
(veerus, Fishythefish)

Not voting:

[Flavor added to start of D1 post. Apologies for the delay.]
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 5:12 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Gorrad wrote:Look, here's the thing: If we accept that [hp] did, in fact, slip scum info, we'd also have to accept that there IS a four-person team, something that's already been brought up as highly unlikely.
True. If it was a scumslip, that means we are in a situation that is possible, but unlikely. This lessens the chance that it was a slip.

@ hp: the fact that 4 scum is possible doesn't mean it would be the natural number to name.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 8:31 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

unvote, vote: Fishy
, for taking something so insignificant and driving it so hard. We don't have 4 scum and 8 town. You don't actually believe that, do you? And before you go all paranoid and claim that it means I have "information" or whatever, let me explain. 4 mafia 8 town means the town would lose the game after 2 mislynches, and we would need 4 correct lynches to win. That's what we call "imbalance". You're reading far too much into HP's post, and trying to squeeze a scumtell out of something that really is just random vote silly.
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Gorrad »

Brandi wrote:Anyway I don't know what to think of HP. That little 'slip up' isn't enough for a lynch, but should be kept in mind as we progress.
I do NOT like this.

Unvote, Vote: Brandi
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 11:41 am

Post by Fishythefish »

BrianMcQueso wrote:
unvote, vote: Fishy
, for taking something so insignificant and driving it so hard. We don't have 4 scum and 8 town. You don't actually believe that, do you? And before you go all paranoid and claim that it means I have "information" or whatever, let me explain. 4 mafia 8 town means the town would lose the game after 2 mislynches, and we would need 4 correct lynches to win. That's what we call "imbalance". You're reading far too much into HP's post, and trying to squeeze a scumtell out of something that really is just random vote silly.
At this stage of the game, hardly anything has been said. Even if something is probably a coincidence, but possibly a scum slipping up, that's worthy of a vote. There is a possibility of four scum (as hp himself acknowledges)- imbalance in the numbers can be corrected by other factors. This means there is a chance, albeit a relatively small one, that hp slipped up as scum. I haven't expressed any huge degree of certainty, and I certainly don't think I have been "driving it so hard". I agreed with veerus' opinion, and that is about it.

Your analysis is also at odds with hp's own defense. hp backs up his naming of four scum with a claim that a 4 player scumteam is possible, and implies that his original post was made with this (to some extent) in mind; you dismiss the 4 player team as next to impossible, and say that hp's first post was random. You appear to be defending hp in a way that directly conflicts with his own explanation.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by Brandi »

Gorrad wrote:
Brandi wrote:Anyway I don't know what to think of HP. That little 'slip up' isn't enough for a lynch, but should be kept in mind as we progress.
I do NOT like this.

whats wrong with what I said? Maybe I don't like the letter G in your name. I should vote you for that.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by Furry »

Fishythefish wrote:Your analysis is also at odds with hp's own defense. hp backs up his naming of four scum with a claim that a 4 player scumteam is possible, and implies that his original post was made with this (to some extent) in mind; you dismiss the 4 player team as next to impossible, and say that hp's first post was random. You appear to be defending hp in a way that directly conflicts with his own explanation.
There really can not be a 4 person scum team in this game, even if you take into account that we are all working in a hospital, or at least trying to given what I remember from early seasons, 4 scum make little sense outside of nightless and 2-2-8 setups.

It doesnt matter to me that how one person explains the improbable doesnt match another person. Its like if you asked him why an orange cant fly and hp said gravity, then he said it doesnt have wings. Thats basically what is going on here. Also his first post was fairly obviously random
Temporary unretired alt
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Brandi wrote:
Gorrad wrote:
I do NOT like this.

whats wrong with what I said? Maybe I don't like the letter G in your name. I should vote you for that.
You're basically saying, straight up, that while you won't push any case against hp now, you're reserving something to use against him later. A perfect example of which is a scum needing a way to jump onto a wagon later in the game and pulling something from page 2. If you think he's scummy, there's certainly nothing better page 2 on which to base a vote, so vote him! Otherwise, let it go.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

At Brandi: I'll admit it wasn't the strongest, but explain to me why my reasoning was "crappy."

unvote
vote: Fishy

I like this wagon better than Brandi's.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 3:43 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Furry wrote:It doesnt matter to me that how one person explains the improbable doesnt match another person. Its like if you asked him why an orange cant fly and hp said gravity, then he said it doesnt have wings. Thats basically what is going on here. Also his first post was fairly obviously random
Not a fair analogy. hp is explaining the situation by saying that a four person scumteam is possible, and so naming four scum in his first post made sense; Brian and you by saying the 4 person scumteam is impossible, so hp can't have meant his first post to imply one. If you explain that oranges can't fly because they have no wings, and I explain that they can't fly because they do have wings, there is something wrong.
hp's first post was obviously random in the sense that it named random players; whether the number named was random is the question here, and that is not obvious.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”