Yosariwen
Townie
Yosariwen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:25 am

Post by Yosariwen »

Frog Dodging wrote:
Why would you assume something before you have reason to assume it? I'd say that Yosariwen pointing out the breadcrumb thus signaling to the scum "HEY-O POWER ROLE HERE" is a much better reason for the kill than to frame 5 people on a bandwagon.
Why are you assuming it was a scum kill, Frog? Especally considering that there were 5 votes on the wagon, I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Incamn kill was a compulsive vig (remember, if there is a compulsive vig, that role has to kill every single action phase, every 96 hours.)
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:26 am

Post by whoami8 »

Yosariwen wrote:
Frog Dodging wrote:
Why would you assume something before you have reason to assume it? I'd say that Yosariwen pointing out the breadcrumb thus signaling to the scum "HEY-O POWER ROLE HERE" is a much better reason for the kill than to frame 5 people on a bandwagon.
Why are you assuming it was a scum kill, Frog? Especally considering that there were 5 votes on the wagon, I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Incamn kill was a compulsive vig (remember, if there is a compulsive vig, that role has to kill every single action phase, every 96 hours.)
Yes great idea for the town aligned compulsive vig to kill a semi outed tracker 3 pages (?) into the game. They're playing to their A game for sure.
Zmd
Zmd
Townie
Zmd
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:05 am

Post by Zmd »

sex w/ shafteds wife club wrote:
Yosariwen wrote:
Frog Dodging wrote:explanation
That's exactly what you're seeing - Wishbone and company asked for an explanation and got one. Are you
really
trying to make a requested response seem scummy?

If reading comprehension is the issue, my point can be summarized as: there was no reason to assume Camn's breadcrumbing came from a town player. Power roles of both alignments have motive to crumb their action, and hitting a power role at random is more likely to hit scum than hitting any play at random.
Your argument is off. You specifically stated "investigative" power role when outing the breadcrumb. Those breakdown 2:1 in towns favor.

unvote vote:Yosariwen
She said investigative? When was this?
ZazieR + Kmd4390 = Zmd
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:24 am

Post by whoami8 »

Yosariwen wrote:as there are multiple
data
roles than can be of either alignment and would benefit from early crumbs. Currently a null tell.
That's what I took this to mean
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:36 am

Post by whoami8 »

Speed Game People!

DGB, Seraph, rofl I've seen you around why aren't you here?
Apples and Banana
Apples and Banana
Townie
Apples and Banana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by Apples and Banana »

A&B wrote:KMD - I'm not usually that much more than a post-a-day player, really, and I'm the only one whose posted thus far.
It's not like you didn't know what you were signing up for. Step it up.
You expect me to post much more often than 1-2 posts a day? I don't see why anyone who is posting more than once a day could possibly be called 'lurking', and I think the people that are trying to set up lynches based on that are looking for easy targets, or targets they know are Town.

Is this just Ortohoops and sex w/ shateds wife, or do the rest of you also think that this is somehow lurking?
* 2 Apples
* 1 Banana
* LOTS of fun
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Apples and Banana wrote:
A&B wrote:KMD - I'm not usually that much more than a post-a-day player, really, and I'm the only one whose posted thus far.
It's not like you didn't know what you were signing up for. Step it up.
You expect me to post much more often than 1-2 posts a day? I don't see why anyone who is posting more than once a day could possibly be called 'lurking', and I think the people that are trying to set up lynches based on that are looking for easy targets, or targets they know are Town.

Is this just Ortohoops and sex w/ shateds wife, or do the rest of you also think that this is somehow lurking?
I'm not saying it's lurking I'm saying it's irresponsible for you to take a game with this clearly obvious restriction:
DHSDSM α: reset every 84 hours.
And expect to be able to post 1-2 times a day.

That's what 5-6 posts every scum kill cycle? Would you find that exceptable in any other game you were playing?
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by whoami8 »

bah freakin alternate accounts
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by Zaphod Beeblebrox »

I'm finding most of the participating players giving me a townie read, which is exceptional.

The scum is lurking like mad.

*DGB*
[i]"That's it,' said Zaphod with the sort of grin that would get most people locked away in a room with soft walls."[/i]
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by Zaphod Beeblebrox »

This is
Plum
here today, answering questions shot my way . . .
Pesco Light wrote:I take it you're serious about this. Let's hear some reasons why.
In that post you noted

a) Incamn's vote on J-Scope, which seemed mostly random and

b) Incamn's speculations about the other game, which I will not describe further.

The one looked mostly jokey and the second perhaps more serious, like a mostly RVS vote turning into something more serious - but, asking for reasons why so serious, the answers would be within the category of things not to be discussed lest Mod kill. I can sort of see why you might have been thinking that way, so I'm content to drop it itself as a point of strong attack on contention on my part. However, I do still want you to clarify how the vote there was an 'obv-prod' vote.
Ortohoops wrote:
I propose during periods when the town has even numbers, we don't leave players at L-1 for this reason. Any claim to prevent your lynch in this scenario should be done before you're left dangling and susceptable to scum killing someone to drop the numbers.
Nice thinking, Ortohoops; my obv endorsement here should be obvious.
Frog Dodging wrote:Not the massive three person page 1 bandwagon! Damn, that goes to lynch all the time, gotta be vigilant about that sorta thing.
Learn to read. We need to lynch more than every 84 hrs. This is a speed game, we were wasting time on the Camn wagon.
Raging Wishbone: why did you find it necessary to remove your random vote despite not having a better candidate at the time???
Raging Wishbone wrote:If I am wrong and Incamito was killed by scum with five votes on him, why? Why would scum waiste that kill on someone who was wagoned so hard? Did he write something that really scared the scum team?
Only RVS pressure + she looked town + apparently there were breadcrumbs. It doesn't strongly smell of Town kill and frankly . . . this post gives me bad vibes in the region of my gut.

Ortohoops: Lurking is scummy especially in this game and I plan to weigh it heavily with other scumtells when attempting to determine who is scum. Straight lurker lynches are less optimal than lynches of people who lurk and exhibit other scumtells. I
think
this is the position you took. Yes?
populartajo wrote:DGb with Hoopla
It's Plum with DGB :cry:.

Zmd, good point made about Ragin Wishbone's unvote, perhaps helping to explain my gut twitch at it. I like it less, looking back on it.
Raging Wishbone wrote:Are you kidding me sweety? I aint voting for PL, because you disguise a fart as some sort of diatribe that is suppossed to be an articulate argument! Lynch scum DUMBASS, not Townies!
I think someone else already pointed out that this was pretty counterproductive.

Nuwen's explanation of outing Incamn's breadcrumbs . . . was stupid. I agree. Especially, and this is interesting, because she specifically said the crumbs indicated a 'data role'. Anyway, to what degree to scum usually crumb? Methinks this has less to do with how many possible scum roles there are versus town powerroles and more to do with how likely it is scum will fakeclaim. But in any case, it makes no sense to out the crumbs. Nuwen's explanation doesn't make much sense, but then again as scum the best thing to do would be to not mention it outside the scum quicktopic and kill Incamn. Or possibly fish to try to confirm those suspicions, as that's possible that's what Nuwen was trying.

Unless Yosariwen is SK and Nuwen tried to out a PR to the scum? Gah, the thing makes such little sense that my Occam's Razor sense is getting a major error message.

I'll avoid asking my other head questions in this thread, but I need to discuss this further with DGB.

Frog Dodging wrote:Explain "Incamn's crumbing was a null-tell" v. "Incamn's crumbing was more likely to be scum than town" to me, please.
^^goodpostthar
Yosariwen wrote:
Frog Dodging wrote:
This ALSO makes me twitch. I would guess, if I had to, that Incamn was a kill o' scum.

Apples and Banana is active lurking and distracting from actualy scumhunt with discussion of how many posts per day is acceptable. Seriously, if you give one post per day with reasonable substantial contribution, that's enough for me.

Unvote; Vote: Apples and Banana

Keeping other eyes on Raging Wishbone and Yosariwen. Heavens, I'm eating DGB's dust in noting down these guys for suspicion. Funny.

*Plum*
[i]"That's it,' said Zaphod with the sort of grin that would get most people locked away in a room with soft walls."[/i]
Saunt Adelaus
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:28 pm

Post by Saunt Adelaus »

Trotsky, an Armenian Mafia Role Blocker, has been killed.
[color=darkblue]DHSDSM α and DHSDSM β and hydra oh my! [/color] -- (Adel+Claus)
Ortohoops
Ortohoops
Townie
Ortohoops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:39 pm

Post by Ortohoops »

Wow, nice!

Time to search for links to Trotsky.
Saunt Adelaus
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:57 pm

Post by Saunt Adelaus »

Votecount as of post 161:

Yosariwen:
:Frog Dodging, sex w/ shafteds wife club,
Frog Dodging:
:Ortohoops
Raging Wishbone:
:Zmd
Pesco Light:
:Apples and Banana,
Apples and Banana:
:Zaphod Beeblebrox,
sex w/ shafteds wife club:
:PoketheAlpaca,

not voting:
:Death the Hogfather, J-Scope, Pesco Light, Raging Wishbone, Yosariwen

while 12 are alive, 7 votes will lynch
[color=darkblue]DHSDSM α and DHSDSM β and hydra oh my! [/color] -- (Adel+Claus)
Ortohoops
Ortohoops
Townie
Ortohoops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:03 pm

Post by Ortohoops »

Trotsky wrote:well a cursory read of this thread has told me yosariwen, incamnito and zaphod are town

i'd vote for frog dodging but my better half apparently already had the right idea

This is an excellent early quote from scum Trotsky calling out three people as town. It's undoubtedly going to be labelled wifom, but I don't think rofl (I presume it was him) wouldn't put in a scumbuddy if he was going to make these early claims.

So, if one were to be scum, who is worth looking at?

Trotsky wrote:
Yosariwen wrote:
Vote:Trotsky

Hasn't posted yet.

-Yos
i like that you singled me out. why so protective of sex w/ shafted's wife, raging wishbone, frog dodging, zmd, apples and banana, i wonder?

Here's an early post worth looking at, which makes it odd he'd put Yosariwen in his early town list.

--

In other news, I'm getting good feelings from SWSWC based on Trotsky's interactions with them, coupled with their proactive posting.

We need to hear more from Hogfather, ZMD and A&B though.
Frog Dodging
Frog Dodging
Townie
Frog Dodging
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:11 pm

Post by Frog Dodging »

Yosariwen wrote:
Frog Dodging wrote:
Because I have enough faith in humanity to assume that a compulsive vig of sound mind wouldn't kill a breadcrumbed power role who was acting quite town for no other reason than they "might be scum"? Plus now we've just confirmed that it was the scum kill, unless the scum has decided that killing one of their own power roles would be a good idea for today.

Yosariwen is the way to go right now, guys.
Pesco Light
Pesco Light
Townie
Pesco Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:11 am

Post by Pesco Light »

J-Scope 89 wrote: Does the FoS correlate to something in this game? If so, what?
Incamnito brought up the possibility of bussing, there was no reason for me not to suspect they were bussing you with that context.
RW 91 wrote:If I am wrong and Incamito was killed by scum with five votes on him, why? Why would scum waiste that kill on someone who was wagoned so hard? Did he write something that really scared the scum team?

@Yosariwen and anyone else who cares to chime in... Did Nuwen out Incamnito as a Tracker?
First half feels like scum-planted WIFOM (in light of the new flip). Second half, the question's wording is weird. Why is it specific that you name only half the hydra as the one that outed the tracker and ask for anyone to respond?
Yos 93 wrote:Nuwen spotted a possible breadcrumb by Incamn, and mentioned it in thread; it sounds like she did so because she was trying to figure out his alignment and if the breadcrumb should be trusted or not. It was a mistake, especally since the breadcrumb was truthfull, but not a scumtell, since there is no reason she would want to mention it in thread as scum.
Call me a newb if you will, but I thought since this game was packing some big names, you guys don't make such careless mistakes. Moreover, if Nuwen did pick up a crumb, what motivation was there to not discuss it with you first?
Sure that's a lot of words, but it's not scumhunting.
Pokethealpaca 106 wrote:Did you perceive what you called an over reaction as being over defensive, Yes or no? Why is it a scumtell in your mind?
And yes i realize incamn is dead now. You can answer from a standpoint on tells can't you?
I felt I had given reason enough for my vote and made it clear. Instead of answering what was asked, the reply was to get aggressive. I perceived it as getting worried about the wagon building momentum to lynch. There was more of an aggressive element to it rather than defensive and it's scummy in that scum will fight harder than vanilla townies to stay alive.
Pokethealpaca 110 wrote:My case is that you are the most scummy person in my reread. Incamnito was joking with his comments, yet you attacked him assuming he was serious. Also, you really though Incamnito was prob scum, neutral or prob town when you confirmed your vote agaisnt him?
Not town enough for an unvote, biased to scum as mentioned above.
Frog Dodging 118 wrote:I see I'm mostly proving right about Pesco Light being the weakest of the hydras this game. How blasé.

My suspicions lie firmly in the Pesco Light camp, although I have no clue what other I thinks at the moment. I would not be opposed to a Yosariwen stringing-up at this point, but I think that can wait for now.

Vote: Pesco Light
Case?
Ortohoops 123 wrote:This is why I want the first 1-2 lynches to be lurkers.
Still not scumhunting.

More posting and anal later (around 8 hours time).

Pesco
"Doesn't pesco mean fish?" --elvis_knits
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:09 am

Post by Raging Wishbone »

Raging Wishbone wrote:
Vote Trotsky
. Communist scum!
Win.

Apologies for not posting since then (this is RR speaking), life got way hectic. I hope to be able to maintain the necassary pace for this game in the future, though unfortunately I can't promise anything.

Now, the main point I feel the need to really stress out here is
less talking, more lynching
. Seriously. With a new scumkill every 84 hours (that isn't in any way balanced out by the town PRs, especially given the possible SK), we should be hurrying this up substantially. 84 hours without a lynch is the equivalent of voting no lynch in a regular game day. This is the one game where it's more important to be quick and decisive than to think things through from every possible angle. This phase ends in two hours so it's too late, but during the next one I think at least two lynches are in order to make up for it.

What you need to remember is that lynching doesn't end the day here. It therefore costs the town much less. What does "end the day" is doing nothing. So less talking, more bloodshed people!

Hoopla's long post is right on target, though I'm pretty sure at least one scum will implement this and go way active. So we shouldn't just lynch people based on number of posts, but rather based on whether or not they prove helpful in bringing this game forward. Scum has a huge incentive to stall this game, which could be achived by starting longass arguments, for example, even better than by lurking.

Thus far I see Frod Dodging being useless, arguing against Orthoops' plan (meaning supporting slowing down the game, meanig bad) and then after being called out on it immediately upping the aggressive with a vote on Yosariwen, who thus far feels strongly town. That's definitely good enough for a
vote: frog dodging
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 am

Post by Raging Wishbone »

People who aren't doing enough (consider this a weak FOS):

Apples and Bananas
Zmd
Death the Hogfather
Pesco-Light
J-Scope
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:16 am

Post by populartajo »

Updated

Prob Town
Raging Wishbone
Ortohhops
Yosariwen

Neutral
Apples and Banana
DGb with Hoopla
Sex with shafted
Death the Hogfather
Zmd
J-Scope

Prob scum.
Trotsky - Mafia RB --> I am that awesome
Frog Dodging
Pesco-Light

Unvote Vote : Frog Dodging.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Ortohoops
Ortohoops
Townie
Ortohoops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:19 am

Post by Ortohoops »

populartajo wrote: DGb with Hoopla
Why are you doing this?
PoketheAlpaca
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:23 am

Post by PoketheAlpaca »

Ortohoops wrote:
populartajo wrote: DGb with Hoopla
Why are you doing this?
Sorry, I just copied my previous mistake from my previous post. I thought DGB was with Hoopla. She is paired with Plum, right_?
This is a Populartajo Pokerface shared account.
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:31 am

Post by whoami8 »

I agree with Raginwishbone, we need to move faster. We have effectively no-lynched today. We need to do atleast 2 in the next action phase to make up for it.

I think the rolefishing yosariwen needs to die.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:47 am

Post by populartajo »

What rolefishing are you talking about? You really think Yosariwen is scum?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
PoketheAlpaca
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:48 am

Post by PoketheAlpaca »

DAMMIT.
This is a Populartajo Pokerface shared account.
Ortohoops
Ortohoops
Townie
Ortohoops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:02 am

Post by Ortohoops »

populartajo wrote:What rolefishing are you talking about? You really think Yosariwen is scum?
...are you sure you've been reading the game Tajo, you've been very sloppy so far.

As far as the crumb outting goes - doesn't it make sense if they were scum to not mention it and bring it up in the thread. Sure they could have been fishing for confirmation - but risk bringing that much obvious attention to themselves? They're both better players than that. To me, it doesn't look like a smart move for either alignment, but it could be more useful for scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”