Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3400 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by Plum »

PokerFace wrote:I'm very sorry you got left out of the loop :(

I thought you would see it there and or you would hear about it. That survivor mish mash game getting abandoned :cry: probably contributed to things getting casted away from your eyes.
It's funny to see it now, though. Way after the fact and all that :wink:.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3401 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Yosarian2 wrote:
populartajo wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Good game, everyone. Very interesting how it played out...

When I balanced the setup, I was kind of assuming that at least a couple of townies would lurk and then get lynched for it, and gave the town a couple of extra townies to compensate for that.
Terrible assumption, Yos. After WIH2, which had a pretty similar player list, it was pretty clear that no one would lurk. You even said this to me once:
Yosarian2 wrote:
populartajo wrote: LOL, yos, you knew it was impossible to lurk in this game, huh?
Well, we'll see. ;)
Ironically enough, the one who lurked was one of the mafiates. :(

But after all, it was a fun game. I love this kind of games. Thx for it. Fast and furious with very nice players that can make a point without posting wallotexts.
There were lurkers in war in heaven, though.
Yeah, but the penalty for allowing lurking here was even greater, if possible. It was also a LOT easier to prevent, because town knew precisely what the scum mechanic was. I'm not sure exactly what the pace was here (looks like about half as fast, but still fast), but WiH also kept allowing distractions from the 'lynch' because of the Hurt/Heal pressure, which is individuated.
populartajo wrote:everybody agreeing with rolf please check War in Heaven mafia.

i think his playstyle is good (elvis has some good points) but sometime he just cant accept he is wrong. (and statically he is more than half of the time).

this time zwet just made things too obvious.
Agreed as well. roflcopter makes some good points, but it's so clouded in the hail of bullets that it's impossible to tell when he's 'right' until it's too late. He's far from the only one to do this, of course (charter's another one, from what I hear, and saw in NG 775).
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3402 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:12 am

Post by roflcopter »

geez i will never live war in heaven down. do i get no credit for being the first on zwet, and for pinning scum two for two on day one before tajo's claim? guess not.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3403 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:24 am

Post by Kinetic »

roflcopter wrote:geez i will never live war in heaven down. do i get no credit for being the first on zwet, and for pinning scum two for two on day one before tajo's claim? guess not.
It comes down to, if you make 100 accusations and 2 are right, if those two just happen to be back-to-back, does it make it any better?

If you can consistently, or hell, even get a 50% record with your style, it could be useful, but until your personal rate of hitting scum is above random chance (i.e. % of hitting scum > % of scum in the game) you are going to have to live with the criticism.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #3404 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:21 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Stop beating my bunny.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3405 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:01 am

Post by SpyreX »

It comes down to, if you make 100 accusations and 2 are right, if those two just happen to be back-to-back, does it make it any better?

If you can consistently, or hell, even get a 50% record with your style, it could be useful, but until your personal rate of hitting scum is above random chance (i.e. % of hitting scum > % of scum in the game) you are going to have to live with the criticism.
Time for me to chime in because I, personally, love the bunny's play in general.

I'd rather have someone make 100 accusations versus someone who makes none. 2/100 is still better than 0/0. (this is a general statement not reflecting anyone specifically in this game).

And, normally, I can follow the thought process rofl uses very easily.

Not to mention how rewarding it is to watch him shoot fireballs and watch someone twitch wrong and get devoured by wolves.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #3406 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:06 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Mr. Flay wrote:Agreed as well. roflcopter makes some good points, but it's so clouded in the hail of bullets that it's impossible to tell when he's 'right' until it's too late. He's far from the only one to do this, of course (charter's another one, from what I hear, and saw in NG 775).
I'm surprised you don't include me here. :o
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3407 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

I don't think I've ever played with you, Xyl? And in WiH II at least, you were willing to shift, or admit you'd lost the thread of who was scum.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #3408 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Mr. Flay wrote:I don't think I've ever played with you, Xyl? And in WiH II at least, you were willing to shift, or admit you'd lost the thread of who was scum.
You haven't played with me? We'll have to fix that sometime. :)

WiH II was a bit unusual. I'm normally more aggressive, but the reactions were totally confusing me, so I started hanging back. And roflcopter killed me for it. :(
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3409 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by roflcopter »

best. avatar. EVAR.

thanks dgb!
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #3410 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kinetic wrote: It comes down to, if you make 100 accusations and 2 are right, if those two just happen to be back-to-back, does it make it any better?
If there's 4 scum in a game, and one pro-town player nails two of them on day 1...that's pretty good.

Really the only reason he got distracted by the DGB thing was she was defending someone he (correctly) thought was scum, which is a perfectly valid reason to suspect someone.
IF he was attacking people randomally, the chance of being right twice in a rwo in this game are only (4/18 * 3/17=12/306). Bascially a 3% chance. So I think it's pretty clear he was WAY above random chance in this game. He generally is.

That being said, when he is wrong, his playstyle really magnifies the damage. Last time ROFL attacked me constantly in a game, it made it almost impossible for me to scumhunt well or get a wagon going, and even though I didn't get mislynched, I think his tunneling on me hurt the town that game.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3411 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:48 pm

Post by ortolan »

rofl's reads are much better than random in my experience

and like SpyreX said, you can always follow his thought process so if you disagree with something he's asserted you can presumably argue over it with him.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3412 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:51 am

Post by roflcopter »

yay my existence is validated!
soi soi soi

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #3413 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:53 am

Post by populartajo »

Hint: they probably havent been attacked by your tunneled ways.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3414 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:06 am

Post by roflcopter »

yos has. and he was town. but that game was stoopid anyway.
soi soi soi

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”