Mini 775 - Hammersmouth Is Under Attack! (Game over)

Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:16 pm

Post by Tarballs »

1st Vote Count of Day 1

3 - Artem
(iamausername, _over9000, kabenon007)
3 - Percy
(Wulfy, Farkshinsoup, CJMiller)
2 - iamausername
(kirroha, Artem)
1 - kirroha
(PsychoSniper)
1 - CJMiller
(Percy*)
1 - _over9000
(Pablo Molinero)

1 - Not Voting
(semioldguy)

* Percy's vote for _over9000 does not count, since he didn't unvote first.

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
Deadline: May 12th, 2009

Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by Percy »

Unvote, Vote: _over9000

Apologies...
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:45 pm

Post by PsychoSniper »

The way I see it, there's nothing noting wrong with warning about someone who has the most number of votes, but it
is
a bit odd that CJM would do that when he was the one casting the third vote.

But more significantly (to me, at least):

@Percy, why do you feel the need to make sure that your vote is switched to _over9000 for a simple spelling mistake? I know this is the random voting stage, and most of the votes don't make sense, but why do you feel it's important that you must make sure that a random vote switch is acknowledged? It shouldn't matter in this case, would it? And more importantly,
why do you switch it away from the very person you FOSed? Wouldn't it make more sense for you to keep your vote on him?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:35 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

PsychoSniper wrote:And more importantly, why do you switch it away from the very person you FOSed? Wouldn't it make more sense for you to keep your vote on him?
A better question would be, why even bother FoSing someone at this point in the game? Why not just switch your vote? Unless your first "random" vote was not random.

@CJ - why were you concerned about Percy being at L-4 but not Artem?
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:46 am

Post by PsychoSniper »

Uh, actually, it would not be too strange if he FOSed someone without voting anyone. Some people don't like early voting.

It's strange for him to switch he's vote
when he's already voting for the person he was FOSing
. And even stranger, the person he actually swicthed his vote to was being voted for a spelling error (i.e. random vote) while taking his vote off the one person he actualy suspected.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:31 am

Post by semioldguy »

iamausername wrote:semioldguy! Imagine someone has a gun to your head, and is telling you that you must choose one of kirroha or PsychoSniper to be lynched RIGHT NOW. Who do you choose, and why?
kirroha... use of the word fishy and that I am allergic to fish.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:38 am

Post by semioldguy »

PsychoSniper wrote:Uh, actually, it would not be too strange if he FOSed someone without voting anyone. Some people don't like early voting.
But that wouldn't really apply to percy here as he clearly is not against voting for someone early.

I'd say random vote for most people is not completely random. Something about someone's username, avatar, quote, etc. triggers that little bit extra to earn a vote.
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:42 am

Post by kirroha »

D: I just said that iamausername's name was fishy, not that I like fish...
with a chainsaw.
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:52 am

Post by PsychoSniper »

semioldguy wrote:
PsychoSniper wrote:Uh, actually, it would not be too strange if he FOSed someone without voting anyone. Some people don't like early voting.
But that wouldn't really apply to percy here as he clearly is not against voting for someone early.
I kind of covered that in the second part of my post. That first sentence was me responding to Farkshinsoup about "why FOS and not just vote?" My response was that he was already voting that very guy even before the FOS, which makes it even starnger that he should go and remove that vote and randomly (or so it seems) put it on someone else who made a spelling mistake.

Either way, I think we all agree that Percy = first real suspicious guy for the Day.

CJM's action was a little odd, but nowhere as much as Percy's.
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:55 am

Post by PsychoSniper »

While we are at it:

Unvote, Vote: Percy

It's not an outright confirmed scum action, obviously, but it's better than my first "fishy" vote kirroha. You can say it's a "slightly-less-than-random vote".

We need to hear an explanation.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:15 am

Post by iamausername »

CJMiller wrote:Percy already has 3 votes. Not a L-x situation yet, but the hammer is a silent killer. Watch what you say, the mafia are everywhere.
Why did you think this needed to be pointed out? Do you think a premature hammer was a significant risk at that stage?
PsychoSniper wrote:Either way, I think we all agree that Percy = first real suspicious guy for the Day.
I don't like the way you presume to speak for the whole town in saying this.

Unvote, Vote: PsychoSniper
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:25 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Psycho wrote:Either way, I think we all agree that Percy = first real suspicious guy for the Day.

Mountain out of a molehill. Well, not quite a mountain - let's say a big hill instead.
Iam wrote:I don't like the way you presume to speak for the whole town in saying this.
QFT.

unvote
Vote: PsychoSniper
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:00 am

Post by kirroha »

I see. Suspicion on Psycho is growing because of his exaggerated statement about how "[he thinks] we all agree" on Percy's guilt. Personally I do not think that he (Percy) is scum, since I would've changed my vote in his position as well. I don't know how to explain it, but it is a common occurrence. I really do not understand why you suspected Percy just because he changed his vote, PsychoSniper. After all, I think Percy's intentions were all just to correct the mistakes of the mod.

Percy and Psycho could both be innocents making mistakes during the RVS, or could be scum slipping up. There is pretty much equal chance of both, so I do not think we should really get started on either of them right now. But I really want to listen to some sort of defense from Psycho.
(Not to mention him disliking my usage of "fishy" D:
with a chainsaw.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:18 am

Post by semioldguy »

I think getting started on them is getting us out of the random voting stage and will hopefully lead to some content. It's early and we don't have much to go on, getting started on them will start giving us more to look at. If you don't want to get started on them what would you propose we do instead? Which other direction do you think we should take?
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:44 am

Post by Artem »

@iamausername and Farkshinsoup: You're voting Psycho for over-generalizing his suspicion to the whole town, but you're ignoring the fact that he's right. Percy's removal of the vote from somebody he FoSed is unusual. Why are you ignoring Psycho's point?

For the record, I disagree with the statement:
Psycho wrote: I think we all agree that Percy = first real suspicious guy for the Day.
I find it strange that CJMiller pointed out Percy being at 3 votes, but not me, even though I got there first. Chronologically, CJMiller is my first suspicion of the Day, Percy being the second.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
CJMiller
CJMiller
he
Goon
CJMiller
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:48 am

Post by CJMiller »

I don't know why I said that, either.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:00 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Artem wrote:Why are you ignoring Psycho's point?
It might seem like I'm ignoring his point, but I'm not. I'm waiting to hear Percy's response before I pass judgement.
CJ wrote:I don't know why I said that, either.
Of course you do, you're just not telling us for some reason. Try harder, please.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:18 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

iamausername
I don't like the way you presume to speak for the whole town in saying this.
Word. And then placing a fourth vote on top of Percy. I'm all for pressure wagons, but that much out of the RVS seems kinda silly. I don't want to answer completely for Percy, but I don't think Sniper's question is has much merit because the Percy's RVS shouldn't mean much, if anything, while the FoS seemed to be transitioning out of it. However, Sniper does thankfully qualify his vote with:

Sniper
It's not an outright confirmed scum action, obviously
btw:
unvote

kirr
Personally I do not think that he (Percy) is scum
How can you have hard feelings on people this early in the game? Inside information?
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:43 am

Post by Percy »

My first vote (on CJMiller) was random. My vote on _over9000 was random as well. It wasn't counted initially because I forgot to unvote, but I put it back on after the mod pointed this out to me.

After
my failvote, but
before
my correction, I FoSed CJMiller for his post. I use my FoSes to clearly mark my suspicions, and tend to use them liberally (I find it helps on re-reads when other townies mark out who they're suspicious of, rather than hiding it in dense wads of text, and that's why I do it). I wanted CJMiller to answer the question, but I didn't want to leave the random vote phase. Leaving the random vote phase too early can help lurkers slip under the radar, and whilst I was suspicious of CJMiller, I wasn't going to charge at him yelling "OMGOBVSCUMMMMMMM!!!!!!11" before I got a chance to hear his response.
PsychoSniper 27 wrote:@Percy, why do you feel the need to make sure that your vote is switched to _over9000 for a simple spelling mistake? I know this is the random voting stage, and most of the votes don't make sense, but why do you feel it's important that you must make sure that a random vote switch is acknowledged? It shouldn't matter in this case, would it?
I wanted to switch my vote (this being the everyone-gets-attention phase), but I screwed up, so I corrected it. I didn't have a good reason for switching my vote, but did I need one?
PsychoSniper 27 wrote:And more importantly,
why do you switch it away from the very person you FOSed? Wouldn't it make more sense for you to keep your vote on him?
As I said before, I don't want to turn this into a "Either CJMiller or Percy must be scum!" fight. I didn't want to be voting for "real" reasons so early.
Farkshinsoup 28 wrote:why even bother FoSing someone at this point in the game? Why not just switch your vote? Unless your first "random" vote was not random.
At this point in the game, my votes don't mean suspicion (and neither does anyone else's, for the most part). My FoSes do.
PsychoSniper 33 wrote:Either way, I think we all agree that Percy = first real suspicious guy for the Day.

My "crime" is not voting for someone I'm suspicious of. My explanation is that I marked my suspicion with a FoS, but didn't want to leave the random vote stage and therefore left my vote random.

I have a particular idea of what the "random voting" stage means, and clearly it's not the same as yours, but after my explanation, am I still the "real suspicious guy"?
semioldguy 38 wrote:I think getting started on them is getting us out of the random voting stage and will hopefully lead to some content. It's early and we don't have much to go on, getting started on them will start giving us more to look at. If you don't want to get started on them what would you propose we do instead? Which other direction do you think we should take?
Urgh, tunnelling on the two of us to start with, when all of this has exploded out of not much at all, is pretty dumb. There are people who still haven't really got to posting, and much more info can be gathered about the entire playerbase. Why do you want to end the random vote phase when it's what generated this information in the first place?

To clarify: Yes, getting started on us will generate content, but it won't be useful content unless one of Psycho, CJMiller or myself is scum. If we're all town caught in a clusterfuck of vague reads, the scum will rub their hands and hasten this along until one of us gets lynched. I'd prefer to keep my focus wide at this point.

Having just said that, let's turn to CJMiller. He didn't point out the danger that Artem was in, and pointed out I was in danger even though he was the one putting me there. I called him on it, and his response was.....
CJMiller 40 wrote:I don't know why I said that, either.
You can do better than that, buddy. Some reason flashed through your brain when you were working your fingers around that keyboard of yours. Care to enlighten us?

Unvote
Vote: Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:48 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Unvote
Vote: Pablo Molinero
And I quote: "Care to enlighten us?" Or are you just fishing for reactions now?
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
CJMiller
CJMiller
he
Goon
CJMiller
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:48 am

Post by CJMiller »

Filler.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by Percy »

I'm determined to keep things in the random vote stage, looking at everyone and yes, fishing for reactions before we go tunnelling in on any subset of players.

@CJMiller: Filler for what?!
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Percy wrote:
semioldguy 38 wrote:I think getting started on them is getting us out of the random voting stage and will hopefully lead to some content. It's early and we don't have much to go on, getting started on them will start giving us more to look at. If you don't want to get started on them what would you propose we do instead? Which other direction do you think we should take?
Urgh, tunnelling on the two of us to start with, when all of this has exploded out of not much at all, is pretty dumb. There are people who still haven't really got to posting, and much more info can be gathered about the entire playerbase. Why do you want to end the random vote phase when it's what generated this information in the first place?
Why do you want to stay in the random voting stage for longer than need be? What is the purpose of the random voting stage as you see it? I personally dislike the random voting stage and I'll tell you why I want to move on from the it, which you say has generated this information... but then you answered your own question...
because it generated this information
and now we actually have something to discuss.

You claim that this "exploded out of not much at all" and I don't disagree with that, but what do you really expect to develop from the random voting? Would you suggest we jump over skyscrapers while we're still standing on the ground, or should we jump somewhere not as high first to get us in better position to jump the skyscrapers?
To clarify: Yes, getting started on us will generate content, but it won't be useful content unless one of Psycho, CJMiller or myself is scum.
How do we not generate any useful content unless one of you is scum? That makes no sense at all to me. You can get reads off of the other players and how they see the situation as well as use what people say to start going off in new directions. Just because we start somewhere doesn't mean we are going to stay with that same focus until the end of the day or that other things aren't going to be coming up for discussion.
If we're all town caught in a clusterfuck of vague reads, the scum will rub their hands and hasten this along until one of us gets lynched. I'd prefer to keep my focus wide at this point.
Why the jump to such a harsh conclusion? I didn't say anything about lynching one of you, just to get some ideas on what position other people would take about what's going on. If anything, what you are saying is something that could help us to find scum if you are all town, by seeing who is trying to convince and hasten the lynching of one of you without further support.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by Artem »

@Percy:

What information do you hope to gather from the RVS that you can't after leaving it?

In my opinion, a lurker will be more inclined to reply to a direct pressure vote outside of the RVS, than to a vote placed on him/her for some silly random reason.

I don't think the entirety of our playerbase is stupid enough to tunnel-vision on 3/12 of the players, without calling out lurkers. The only thing your RVS votes are doing thus far are creating confusion, as per Pablo's reaction:
Pablo wrote: And I quote: "Care to enlighten us?" Or are you just fishing for reactions now?
I don't understand your (Percy's) vote on Pablo and I don't understand what reaction you're expecting from Pablo that will magically give you a scum/town read on him.

FoS: Percy
because I think you're being anti-town at the moment.

@Fark:
Fark wrote: It might seem like I'm ignoring his point, but I'm not. I'm waiting to hear Percy's response before I pass judgement.
I want to see the follow-up to this now that Percy's replied.

@CJMiller: You just got lynched in a newbie game for playing like you do here. You should try to be a little more clear about your motivations/intentions/actions. Your puzzles are not helping the town.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

Unvote, vote: Percy

Diescumdie.