Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:47 am

Post by millar13 »

Mod Request Replacement For Me
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:12 am

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

With this reaction, I'm tempted to see scum here. I'm not going to vote him because he's absent, not scummy. What further bothers me is the pop in votes of people who were also lurking, but do return to vote someone else for lurking. Looks hypocritical.
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:24 am

Post by millar13 »

Mod: Take me out of game. If i am being told off, for being away for less than 12 hours than I want out.
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:31 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Stop bitching and post something useful. All this time that you're asking to be replaced could be spent actually contributing.
I play the games rul gud.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:42 am

Post by millar13 »

Mod-Dont replace me

Vote: Elias
for being a pain up my jacksy
Xenaroth
Xenaroth
Townie
Xenaroth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:58 am

Post by Xenaroth »

wow, what a friggin mess.

millar13, could you post something more content driven. . . if not i'm going to have to agree with Elias with the fact that your brand of lurking is quite damning. I'll give you 24 hours to put up a more content based post other than OMGUS or mod requests or bumping.

Elias, calm down, we can all (well at least i can) that millar is either not defending himself or cant. either way it looks scummy.

For now I'd say that Elias is being absent more than anything else but the fact that you could play in an entire marathon today without posting a significant post here is impressive. However trying to get elias off your back may have taken up your time. All we ask of you is an honest to god post.

Xen
Show
Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder

Currently playing:
Sushi Mafia (Day Seven) - replacement
Mini 762 - Secret-role Mafia (Day One)
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by millar13 »

To tell the honest truth I feel like a miller, in the sense that unless investigated I will be assumed at scum. And for that reason, I doubt a Night Kill will occur on me from the scum. At the same time I don't have any real idea of who scum could be, or town could be so I really don't know who to trust.

My vote wasn't not OMGUSing...it was revenge vote.

Is that what i needed to say?
Xenaroth
Xenaroth
Townie
Xenaroth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by Xenaroth »

Thats better than anything previous, have you got some opinions on other players as to whom you think is scumm (other than elias because thats a bit obvious as a OMGUS/revenge target)

Xen

PS when does day one end/do we have a day one deadline?
Show

Currently playing:
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by millar13 »

I don't know....that is my honest truth. Elias seems depserate to rush the game though. I admit i am a lurker in this game...
AWA
AWA
Goon
AWA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by AWA »

Sorry I haven't been posting; I had a school project that was killing me. I'll try and be more active.

Here's my view on things so far:

I don't have a read on Beyond yet
TCold is super-lurking
Ash hasn't posted much more
AWA is definitely scum, let's lynch him! (</sarcasm>, in case you missed it. Last game, people did...>.>)
Xenaroth responds to and attacks other players; overagressiveness is antitown (not necessarily scum!)
skitzer hasn't posted much
I'm getting a bad vibe from Lowell...call it gut feeling
millar comes off as a bit immature
NabNab appears to be well-versed in formal arguments...not anti-town, but could be tricky in middle/endgame
Elias is kind of shifty to me
Simpor has only made one real post, and it was a wagon.

Unvote
because we're out of RVS.
Show
Generation
: The
first
time you see this message, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

You just lost The Game.

My name is Glenn Dawson. I'm a noun.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

@Millar: Revenge Vote = OMGUS. Also, if I had to vote somebody on your wagon it wouldn't be the guy who started it. It would be one the two guys who wagoned mindlessly.

Also, AWA's post is looking pretty scummy to me. He goes through every player and has
nothing
positive to say about any of them. Looks like a fear of association combined with sowing some seeds. Seriously, why would my ability in "formal argument" be "tricky" for anybody but scum?
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:24 pm

NabakovNabakov wrote:@Millar: Revenge Vote = OMGUS. Also, if I had to vote somebody on your wagon it wouldn't be the guy who started it. It would be one the two guys who wagoned mindlessly.

Also, AWA's post is looking pretty scummy to me. He goes through every player and has
nothing
positive to say about any of them. Looks like a fear of association combined with sowing some seeds. Seriously, why would my ability in "formal argument" be "tricky" for anybody but scum?
False, this would make me scummy because as town I assume all 11 people (/12) are scum, and thus, I must prove their innocence. I also refuse to hint at who I think is innocent unless I have an investigation report to give town (usually day 2 (3) or later.)

In the below post,
italics
are my commentary.
AWA wrote:Sorry I haven't been posting; I had a school project that was killing me. I'll try and be more active.
blah, blah. Let us know ahead of time next time.

Here's my view on things so far:

No one ever does.

TCold is super-lurking
As are most

same

AWA is definitely scum, let's lynch him! (</sarcasm>, in case you missed it. Last game, people did...>.>)
I am the obvious serial killer.

Xenaroth responds to and attacks other players; overagressiveness is antitown (not necessarily scum!)
I dunno. I see paranoia, which =scum. However, this is minor so early; this is probably just a different in perception and a rating of suspicion on people for various acts.

Same as ash, tcold

I do too. However, I would say at least 80% of Lowell's games give me this. I take it as town and have had to develop his own percentage rating scale due to his unique, rough play style.

Yes, but in people, I find that the guilty are more inclined to be thrown off guard and act immature. The innocent get frustrated, but his progression indicates the former more than innocence.

NabNab appears to be well-versed in formal arguments...not anti-town, but could be tricky in middle/endgame
Hm... I disagree, only in the sense that I cannot yet tell if the nabbit is a strong player in terms of forming arguments and, much more important, if these arguments would not lead to her demise. Nabbit may well walk into a logical fallacy or try to skew things if scum. If not, the presentation may be radically different. This is, of course theory, and by admitting I realize this, the scum-nabbit, if this be her alignment, will have to tread carefully to avoid prosecution. I think middle and endgame can be clear cut if town is calm and analytical of such arguments.

I agree.

For an ironic reason. I am tempted to vote simpor out of the hypocricy, but I'm going to let it go.

Unvote
I feel like arbitrarily voting you now.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:29 pm

EBWOP (Facilitated the reading of my responses.)
In the below post,
blue
indicates my commentary.
[quote="AWA"]

No one ever does.

TCold is super-lurking
As are most

same

I am the obvious serial killer.

I dunno. I see paranoia, which =scum. However, this is minor so early; this is probably just a different in perception and a rating of suspicion on people for various acts.

Same as ash, tcold

I do too. However, I would say at least 80% of Lowell's games give me this. I take it as town and have had to develop his own percentage rating scale due to his unique, rough play style.

Yes, but in people, I find that the guilty are more inclined to be thrown off guard and act immature. The innocent get frustrated, but his progression indicates the former more than innocence.

Hm... I disagree, only in the sense that I cannot yet tell if the nabbit is a strong player in terms of forming arguments and, much more important, if these arguments would not lead to her demise. Nabbit may well walk into a logical fallacy or try to skew things if scum. If not, the presentation may be radically different. This is, of course theory, and by admitting I realize this, the scum-nabbit, if this be her alignment, will have to tread carefully to avoid prosecution. I think middle and endgame can be clear cut if town is calm and analytical of such arguments.

I agree.

For an ironic reason. I am tempted to vote simpor out of the hypocricy, but I'm going to let it go.
Show
6-4-1
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:06 pm

I don't see what makes me so shifty...calling out a lurker in order to start the game going again?
Simpor
Simpor
Goon
Simpor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:11 am

Post by Simpor »

To AWA:

Well I only play in one game, this game. So it's not the same thing as millar...

And for me not being so active is mainly two reasons, much at work and almost nothing to comment on..

And what about TCold? He have written one post and that was one week ago...
Hmmmm
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:10 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

BB wrote: False, this would make me scummy because as town I assume all 11 people (/12) are scum, and thus, I must prove their innocence. I also refuse to hint at who I think is innocent unless I have an investigation report to give town (usually day 2 (3) or later.)
This is a terribly unproductive assumption to make (and one that already seems broken by your friendly blue banter*). If townies are unwilling to trust players who make good arguments or defend players they feel are being railroaded, we cede entirely the advantage of organization/cohesion to the scum.

Millar is/was obviously frustrated (which, btw, is a sign of immaturity). This is not difficult.

I, like Elias and skitzer before me, am a dude. Try reading gender icons for once.

Why are you treating it like an anomoly that I "form arguments?" Any player who isn't lurking or a VI "forms arguments." That's what this game is. Why do you alledge that I would only make bad arguments if I were scum?

*BB, what is your read on AWA?
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Xenaroth
Xenaroth
Townie
Xenaroth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:33 am

Post by Xenaroth »

AWA wrote: Xenaroth responds to and attacks other players; overagressiveness is antitown (not necessarily scum!)
Unvote
I dont see how my posts are over aggressive . . . I was more just getting frustrated that people couldn't see how I was just simply trying get people to post/confirm.
Show

Currently playing:
Xenaroth
Xenaroth
Townie
Xenaroth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:36 am

Post by Xenaroth »

Seeing as no-one responded to my question I'll ask the mod

MOD: do we have a deadline and what happens if deadline comes and there is no lynch yet? Also when is the first deadline (assuming there is one)?

I'll set a deadline if one is strongly requested. - the mod
Show

Currently playing:
AshKetchummm
AshKetchummm
Townie
AshKetchummm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by AshKetchummm »

Well it seems that nothing is really showing up that decidedly shows one person scuminess over anybody elses (IMHO).

I don't see why Millar had to get so worked up over the sistuation that took place this last page and a half.

No one is asking for you to give pages of analiysis every single day, just give input. Even if your not sure of anything you can still post at least giving a jiff of what your thinking.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:47 pm

NabakovNabakov wrote:
BB wrote: False, this would make me scummy because as town I assume all 11 people (/12) are scum, and thus, I must prove their innocence. I also refuse to hint at who I think is innocent unless I have an investigation report to give town (usually day 2 (3) or later.)
This is a terribly unproductive assumption to make (and one that already seems broken by your friendly blue banter*). If townies are unwilling to trust players who make good arguments or defend players they feel are being railroaded, we cede entirely the advantage of organization/cohesion to the scum.

Millar is/was obviously frustrated (which, btw, is a sign of immaturity). This is not difficult.

I, like Elias and skitzer before me, am a dude. Try reading gender icons for once.

Why are you treating it like an anomoly that I "form arguments?" Any player who isn't lurking or a VI "forms arguments." That's what this game is. Why do you alledge that I would only make bad arguments if I were scum?

*BB, what is your read on AWA?
Sex is irrelevant to me. Elias, admittedly, was dumb of me. Should have known male, but this isn't really game relevant.

My read on AWA is "lack of posts" thus "undetermined."

I assume that your arguments will eventually show your scum/town. The characteristics of your argument will be inherent of your alignment is my working theory.
Show
6-4-1
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:15 am

Post by Lowell »

Millar gets Lowell's TOWNIE of the DAY award.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:41 am

Post by millar13 »

Still don't know who to trust [input given]
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:41 am

Post by Wall-E »

Votecount 1-4

[3] Xenaroth
Lowell, skitzer, Beyond_Birthday

[3] millar13
Elias_the_thief, Simpor, AshKetchummm

[2] AshKetchummm
AWA, TCold

[1] Beyond_Birthday
Lowell

[1] skitzer
Xenaroth

[1] Lowell
NabakovNabakov

[1] Elias_the_thief
millar13

[0] TCold

[0] AWA

[0] NabakovNabakov

[0] Simpor

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch and end Day 1.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:59 am

I'm still waiting to hear an explanation from the two people who've claimed that I'm "shifty". In other news I will have limited access til sunday as I am going to Illinois to visit shea.
Acknowledged. - the mod
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:47 am

Post by skitzer »

I know this post is really long for 4 pages into the game, but I feel it's a good'n, and there are some questions in here that need answering.

Beyond_Birthday: I would care if a bandwagon formed against me. Not defending yourself gives us no reason not to continue the bandwagon.

I'm not sure the bandwagon on millar will help anything. I think he'll only post if it is vital to his faction, so if he does start posting, that would make me a little suspicious. (reads on) as he does two posts after this.

However, I disagree with elias's theory. What if he is posting in the other games because he is mafia there, and not posting in these games because he isn't, and therefore not necessary? I'm not sure, but I don't think this ongoing-game talk is appropriate or rule-abiding.

Simpor's third vote on Millar strikes me funny.
Simpor, how do you interpret elias's theory? How does it relate to your vote?

Now I'm not sure what to think, millar's replacement request has thrown me off. It would be better to wait for a replacement. It would help if elias could slightly tone his posts down. I might be frustrated to if he was harping at me like that.

(I'm sorry for making this post as I read along, but I feel it portrays my thoughts best ;) )

OK, millars unreplacement request and vote on elias out of pure frustration makes me think. It may be out of pure frustration, which is bad play but surprisingly understandable, or something else.
millar13, now that you have decided to stay in the game, are you going to make attempts to contribute? It would be nice if you could put this game at the same level as the others.

Ha ha...millar's Post 81 doesn't fit with the rules of a miller but whatever :D

AWA: You don't have any slight inclination on Beyond_Birthday? I think the majority of people would have some sort of opinion on him. And the "definitely scum" thing, even though you clearly interpreted it as sarcasm, is not good. People don't like that. (reading on) I find it very odd that you have a feel on Lowell but not Beyond_Birthday.

(if the above paragraph was too long to read, I agree with Nabakov in the next post :D)

Don't like Simpor's Post 89. He tries to shift suspicion off himself and on to TCold. May I note that a lurker isn't scummy, they just aren't posting.

Hehe, now don't get too frustrated over gender, Nab, I thought you were a girl too. ;)

AshK: Someone doesn't have to be definitively scummy over another person. You're supposed to compare everyone and then think on it.

Lowell: This may sound hypocritical, but could you have more input? That'd be lovely.

elias: You aren't really shifty. That isn't the word I would use to describe your play thus far. It's more of slightly tempered.

For now,
FoS: Simpor
until I get my questions answered.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”