rep. Slicey
    ))), Town, killed N3

• 5.) DrippingGoofball (
    rep. KidIcarus
    ), Town, Plagued D4

• 6.) Kinetic, Town, Plagued D4

• 1.) AceMarksman, Town, Endgamed D4

• 12.) zwetschenwasser, Town, Endgamed D4
Bolded players have confirmed. Game Over.
Last edited by petroleumjelly on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:38 pm, edited 27 times in total.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Condensed Rules

1.)
Be civil.
2.)
No talking outside the game about this game, unless your role PM allows otherwise.
3.)
No editing or deleting your own posts or another's posts.
4.)
No mod-quoting. Only paraphrase in your own words. This does not apply to the sample role PM, which all townies have.
5.)
A lynch (or a No Lynch) takes a majority of votes. In the event of a deadline, a majority of a majority will do. (In other words, if 7 players are alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch normally, and 3 votes with a deadline). If there is a tie, first come, first served.
6.)
To vote, post a bolded
Vote: PJ
. To unvote, post a bolded
Unvote: PJ
. If you are switching votes, an unvote is not necessary, but appreciated.
7.)
If you have a request, please use a bolded
Mod: So-and-So
8.)
If you're dead, do not post.
9.)
If you notice there has been a lynch, stop posting.
10.)
I reserve the right to change or add to all game rules.

Special Rules

1.)
Day One will last three real-time weeks. All Days thereafter will last two real-time weeks. There will be no extensions unless (i) the site goes down, (ii) I need to replace a player near deadline, or (iii) justice requires it.
2.)
Night One will last three real-time days; two real-time days for confirming and the first draft choice, and one real-time day for the second draft choice. Regular night-actions will take 2 real-time days. Drafting will take 1 real-time day per card chosen.
For nights only, a weekend counts as a single day.

3.)
You
must
play a card every night.

Clarifications

1.)
The mafia can nightkill and nighttalk irrespective of their cards.
2.)
A plagued player will not be told when or if they are plagued at any point in the game. Unless they die because of the plague!
Last edited by petroleumjelly on Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:06 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Sample Town Role PM

You are town. You win when all the mafia is dead, and there is at least one townsperson alive. You lose in four situations: (1) If the game reaches Night 7; (2) If the mafia controls 50% of the town during any given Day; (3) If all townspeople are dead; or (4) If you are modkilled.

Every townsperson has this exact same role PM (
except
for the 3 drawn cards for the first draft which will be included at the very bottom of your role PM). There are nine townspeople, and three mafia members. All of the mafia members have the same abilities as you do, except they also get an additional collective nightkill and can talk amongst themselves during each night.

~

You have nine possible abilities – or “cards.” On Night One, you will “draw” three of them of my choosing by way of a randomizer. You will then choose to keep one of those three cards.

The twist
: After you choose a card, you will then pass the remaining two cards to the player below you on the live player list. If you are on the bottom of the list, you instead pass to the person on the top of the list.

Naturally, this will result in two cards being passed to you! You must again choose one of those cards. As before, a failure to choose a card results in a random choice. The remaining card will – again – go to the next person on the live player list. A final card will then be passed to you, giving you three cards.

Here is how nights will work:
  • Night Zero
    : Draw 3 cards, then draft cards.
  • Night One
    : Use one card you drafted.
  • Night Two
    : Use a second card you drafted (discarding final card).
  • Night Three
    : Draw 3 more cards, then draft cards. Use one card you drafted.
  • Night Four
  • Night Five
    : Draw final 3 cards, then draft cards. Use one card you drafted.
  • Night Six
  • Night Seven
    : No cards left to draft – therefore lose.
If you live long enough, you will draw all 9 of your cards.

Each card you draft will take one real-time day. You may have noticed that Night Three and Night Six include both drafting and using a card. Those nights will take
four
real-time days overall. You will be choosing two cards to draft at one real-time day apiece, and then you will get two realtime days to submit your nightchoice. Regular nights will take two real-time days.
A weekend will be counted as one day.

As with drafting, if you fail to make a nightchoice, I will randomize which card you play as well as the target (if applicable). I will – of course – inform you of your “choice.”

Here are the available cards:

1-Shot Doctor

Target one player besides yourself. That player will be protected from one nightkill for this night only.

1-Shot Sanctuary

You are protected from one nightkill for this night only.

1/4-Shot Nightkill

Every fourth time you play this card, you can nightkill one player besides yourself.

Special Note #1
: This card is collective for the mafia. So if the mafia collectively plays this card four times, they get an extra collective nightkill. This is the only card with this special benefit to the mafia.
Special Note #2
: This card cannot be doubled or mimicked.

1-Shot Rat

Target one player besides yourself. This negates
one
doctor protection or
one
sanctuary protection that player might have gotten for this night only. You do not need to specify what type of protection you are trying to dispel.

1-Shot Plague

Target one player besides yourself. That player will die after another night has fully passed. Such a death can only be prevented by the Apothecary card.

Special Note #1
: To be perfectly clear: If you poison somebody on Night 2, they will die on Day 4.

1-Shot Apothecary

Target one player, which may include yourself. That player will be cleansed of any plagues they may have, and will then be immune from all further plagues.

1/2-Shot Cop Card

Every second time you play this card, you may target one player other than yourself to investigate. This ability is guaranteed to give a Sane result. The result will either be “Town” or “Mafia.”

Special Note

1-Shot Double

The next card you play will be doubled – so you can use the ability twice instead of once on that night only.

Special Note #1
: This card does not work on all cards. In particular, it does not work on: (a) the 1/4-Shot Nightkill; (b) the 1/2-Shot Cop; (c) the 1-Shot Double; and (d) the 1-Shot Mimic.
Special Note #2

1-Shot Mimic

Choose a card that you have already used in the game. You may use that ability again tonight. This cannot target a card you have discarded (i.e. a card you did not use).

Special Note #1
: This card does not work on all cards. In particular, it does not work on: (a) the 1/4-Shot Nightkill; (b) the 1/2-Shot Cop; (c) the 1-Shot Double; and (d) the 1-Shot Mimic.
Special Note #2

For the first draft, your three cards to choose from are:
1.) [Card A]
2.) [Card B]
3.) [Card C]

Please send you confirmation by PM, and your draft choice within two real-time days of receiving this PM. I would prefer to get your confirmation and choice in the same PM, however.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Night extended to March 25, 9:59 pm CDT. At least one player needed to be sent the following generic PM:
Through a mod error due to Microsoft Excel, I will extend night. You were passed the wrong two cards. Here are the cards you should be choosing from:

1.) [Card A]
2.) [Card B]

I will be mentioning in-thread that I sent at least one player the wrong cards (I will not tell you how many other players were given the wrong set of cards), and it would be appreciated if you did not mention what cards you were originally passed in-game.

By "appreciated," I mean I will modkill you: (i) mention or allude to the fact that you even had your cards corrected, or (ii) you claim or allude to what cards you were originally passed. Should a modkill be necessary, then I may also put the game into night depending on the egregiousness of your actions. The same restrictions will be imposed upon all other players who were sent incorrect cards.

Night extended to March 25, 9:59 pm CDT.

PJ
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

It is now
Day One
. Deadline is April 15, 9:59 pm CDT. With
alive, it takes
to lynch and
to lynch at deadline.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by charter »

There are so many people that need voting out. AHHHHH, I can't decide!
vote Kinetic

If you're scum, the game is already lost.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by Rishi »

Hi all.

Vote: AceMarksman
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by Kast »

Welcome!

@Charter-
I realize it is a random/joke/non-serious vote, but does that mean that in general you feel Kinetic is a strong player? Also, I assume that means you have played with Kinetic before and have some ideas about how he normally plays.

@Mod-

With the long but important night phases, it seems even more important for this game than probably a lot of other games, that we can replace inactive players quickly.

Seeing as we have already had one replacement, if it becomes a more serious problem (ie. in my first game, 1/3 of the players were completely inactive), will future deadlines be adjusted to deal with this?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by charter »

I was his scumbuddy in a game and nom'ed him for a scummy for best scum and he won. So yes, I'd say he's good at being scum, though I don't see any way he can fakeclaim his way to victory in this game.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about replacements. That newbie game was probably the worst in terms of needing replacements (three people and a mod day one) I've ever seen.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by Budja »

Hi,

Vote charter
for posting above me :P,
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:56 pm

Post by Kinetic »

charter wrote:There are so many people that need voting out. AHHHHH, I can't decide!
vote Kinetic

Not only am I not scum, I've already cleared a player as not scum. I'm THAT good.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:59 pm

Post by Kinetic »

charter wrote:I was his scumbuddy in a game and nom'ed him for a scummy for best scum and he won. So yes, I'd say he's good at being scum, though I don't see any way he can fakeclaim his way to victory in this game.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about replacements. That newbie game was probably the worst in terms of needing replacements (three people and a mod day one) I've ever seen.
Although to be fair, that was for Best Replacement, and I also won the Mafia Catcher award for best town of the year... Not to toot my own horn. :-D
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:07 pm

Post by Kinetic »

By process of elimination,
Vote:ABR
. diescumdie
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:41 pm

Post by ortolan »

charter (5) wrote:There are so many people that need voting out. AHHHHH, I can't decide!
vote Kinetic

This is a weak meta-joke which just happens to carry the implication that you don't know who scum are, and therefore are not scum.
charter (8) wrote:I was his scumbuddy in a game and nom'ed him for a scummy for best scum and he won. So yes, I'd say he's good at being scum,
though I don't see any way he can fakeclaim his way to victory in this game.
Well obviously, because it's (almost entirely) an open setup. Why was this comment necessary?
charter (8) wrote:Also, I wouldn't worry too much about replacements. That newbie game was probably the worst in terms of needing replacements (three people and a mod day one) I've ever seen.
Attempts to finish off the post with positive-for-town message (Yay I'm glad we won't need replacements!)

That's two posts with psychologically scummy content.

Vote: charter
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:42 pm

Post by charter »

Kinetic wrote:
charter wrote:There are so many people that need voting out. AHHHHH, I can't decide!
vote Kinetic

Not only am I not scum, I've already cleared a player as not scum. I'm THAT good.
Ehhhh, I dont know. This doesn't sound very convincing.

Serious though, I think I might know what you're talking about, but I believe it would require a massclaim of cards, yes? Not sure if that is a good idea right now.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:45 pm

Post by charter »

Crap, looks like we can pack up, ort's got this game all figured out already. :P
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:51 pm

Post by Kinetic »

charter wrote:
Kinetic wrote:
vote Kinetic

Ehhhh, I dont know. This doesn't sound very convincing.

Serious though, I think I might know what you're talking about, but I believe it would require a massclaim of cards, yes? Not sure if that is a good idea right now.
Ummm no. I've cleared a player already. I'd say its approximately 90% chance this player is town.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:07 am

Post by charter »

Oh wow, never mind then.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:30 am

Post by ortolan »

charter (17) wrote:Oh wow, never mind then.
?
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:06 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day One Vote Count #1

2 charter (Budja, ortolan)

1 Albert B. Rampage (Kinetic)
1 Kinetic (charter)
1 AceMarksman (Rishi)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is April 15, 9:59 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 7 – AceMarksman, Albert B. Rampage, Kast, KidIcarus, populartajo, Slicey, zwetschenwasser

I am usually very lenient with deadlines when I find it necessary to replace players in the game near the time of a deadline. For the most part, though, I will want this game to be moving along.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:40 am

Post by charter »

unvote, vote ABR

Serious vote. Will explain later.

Also, if you're town, you will notice that there's extra lines at the end of your role PM than the one posted. Hopefully my telling you this convinces you I cannot possibly be scum, so please at least give the massclaim idea thought.

I think we should massclaim cards. There's good reason for this, but I won't explain unless we decide to do this and then after we do it. Of course there is the argument that scum knows what everyone has, but after two nights, it won't matter anyway. I think the knowledge town gains from doing this can catch at least one scum immediately. Please at least consider it before you shoot it down.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:54 am

Post by Kinetic »

charter wrote:
unvote, vote ABR

Serious vote. Will explain later.

Also, if you're town, you will notice that there's extra lines at the end of your role PM than the one posted. Hopefully my telling you this convinces you I cannot possibly be scum, so please at least give the massclaim idea thought.

I think we should massclaim cards. There's good reason for this, but I won't explain unless we decide to do this and then after we do it. Of course there is the argument that scum knows what everyone has, but after two nights, it won't matter anyway. I think the knowledge town gains from doing this can catch at least one scum immediately. Please at least consider it before you shoot it down.
I've seriously thought about this already. However I think you might be mistaken on a few things. I'm not going to out them exactly yet, but it depends on the course you're planning on working here...

Also, consider this: Depending on where they are on the player list, scum may already know about 50-60% of the cards in play, maybe more if they're smart.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:54 am

Post by charter »

Further elaboration. As long as the mafia didn't plan for a massclaim (unlikely as it's rarely done for who knows what reason) and they aren't all next to each other on the player list, I think my plan will work. They can't lie about their choices or we will know (unless they're all next to each other). I've probably said too much, sorry I can't elaborate any further right now.

Please don't ask me to clarify either, if you are skeptical just say so and we can procede with normal scumhunting.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:54 am

Post by Slicey »

Vote: Tajo

Someone please tell me why he hasn't been lynched yet. Totally obv scum.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:55 am

Post by Kinetic »

Actually, did the math, the max the scum can know in play right now is 50% of the cards, assuming perfect distribution, which is possible. Either way they know 40-50% of the cards currently in play.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”