Dead (3/6):

Plum, Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 1
Empking, Mafia Lover
, lynched Day 2
ortolan, Mafia Lover
, committed suicide Day 2

Game Over!
Last edited by -TinVision- on Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:02 am, edited 11 times in total.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:43 am

Post by -TinVision- »

Here on Maple Street, life is good. Mrs. Quine gets up to bake the bread at four o'clock, Mr. Rand delivers the milk at five, Mrs. Russell delivers the paper at six, and by seven, panic has spread has infected the street. Aliens! Pod people! Horrors from space! Two of the townsfolk have been replaced by extraterrestrial simulacra, no doubt hungry to devour our flesh, misuse our women, and teach our children their heathen ways! This sounds like a job for the Neighborhood Christian Fellowship! Burn the monsters alive!

On the burnt out world of Mafia, life is treachery, backstabbing, and betrayal. Amongst this squalor, the love of Mxyzptlk and Gsptlsnz burnt like a shining ember amongst the ashes. With a cunning plan, the two escaped from the miserable Mafia world on a rusty freighter. Unfortunately, their engines sputtered out and the pair were forced to make an emergency crash landing on a smallish blue world, third planet of a yellow sun. Assuming the form of two natives unfortunately killed in the crash, they decided to lay low for the time being until they could repair their spaceship. Unfortunately, the natives seem restless, and they may have to put the ruthless skills of their parents to use once more.
Last edited by -TinVision- on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:01 am

Post by -TinVision- »

Rules

1. Breaking rules will result in modkill or replacement, as I deem appropriate. I also reserve the right to add or modify rules as necessary for the health of the game.
2. An integral part of playing the game is posting. If you do not post in a 72-hour span (excepting weekends) without notifying me you will be V/LA beforehand, you will receive a prod. If you do not post within 48 hours of a prod or if you receive more than two prods in one game day, you will likely be replaced. If you receive more than four prods in the course of the game, you may be replaced.
3. I reserve the right to deadline the game if activity stalls. When the deadline is reached, the person with the most votes will be lynched. If there is a tie, the player who reached the most votes first will be lynched.
4. Do not attempt to play the same game under more than one name.
5. Do not bring outside influences into the game - this includes threats, bribes, wagers, promises, alliances, etc. Using knowledge from previous games is perfectly acceptable, but try not to carry grudges from one game to another.
6. Do not talk outside the game thread about an ongoing game in any way unless your role explicitly allows it. Likewise, do not use bbcode to hide secret messages - this equates to discussion outside the thread.
7. Do not edit/delete posts.
8. Do not quote communications with the moderator (in particular, your role PM). Paraphrasing is usually ok.
9. Do not talk after you are dead or replaced.
10. Play to win the game.
Last edited by -TinVision- on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:03 am

Post by -TinVision- »

This is an open game, and the roles have been distributed as follows:

4 players received the following PM:
Townie Role PM wrote: You are a Townie. You have the power of the vote. You win when all of the Mafia are dead. The game thread can be found here.
2 players received the following PM.
Mafia Lover Role PM wrote: You are an Mafia Lover, along with XXXXXXXXXX. You have the power of the vote. You may talk with partner at any time during the game here. If you die, the remaining lover will commit suicide. You win when all the humans are dead, or nothing can stop the same. The game thread can be found here.
This game is nightless.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:55 am

Post by -TinVision- »

All players have confirmed via PM.

Day 1 has begun. With six alive, it is four to lynch.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:38 am

Post by Plum »

Let's see - Zwets and mith in the same six-player game. Good heavens.

Vote: Zwets
- on Marathon Day he asked if I'd dance salsa with him - perhaps he's found a steadier Lover by now?

On the subject of (*sigh*) theory: Yes, I've skimmed/vaguely followed some of the previous runs of this setup. In specific, I recall Senstown arguing that a random Day 1 Lynch is optimal, strategy-wise. I'll want to read up on that more myself . . .
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by mith »

I haven't given any thought to the practicalities of this game yet, but I can't imagine that lynching randomly would help us. Yes, it will be difficult to lynch scum day 1 because we need a unanimous decision (unless we have a scum that's slow to react and gets stuck on his buddy's wagon, but I doubt we'll have a lynch that quick)... but because of that difficulty, the scum may give themselves away by who they seem reluctant to vote for, which helps us day 2.

(Besides, voting randomly is against my religion.)

I propose that after some discussion we (in some order, possibly using popcorn) post complete suspicion lists; I have no doubt that there will be information generated after a few pages that will give us enough to go on there. The more information we can force the scum to give us, the better, and making them place their buddy in a list somewhere is always a good start. Beyond that, I'll have to think on it.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by sekinj »

I am against the random lynching, no matter how good someone thinks it is strategically. I think it hurts the town in the long run.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Way to parrot...
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:19 pm

Post by sekinj »

way to not give any opinion at all, zwet
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:17 pm

You are scum for parroting.
Vote: sekinj
Better?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:57 pm

Post by ortolan »

sekinj (7) wrote:I am against the random lynching, no matter how good someone thinks it is strategically. I think it hurts the town in the long run.
By long run do you mean in multiple games i.e. for meta reasons or in this game alone? I'm pretty sure if we random lynch we we have like a 60% chance of winning (1/3 + 2/3*2/5) which seems like decent odds to me. That said I'm not sure which way in actuality this percentage will change to- whether the logic of the 4 townies can overcome the manipulation of the 2 scum, or if the manipulation of the 2 scum is stronger, thereby manipulating the likelihood of a town/scum win back towards 1/2 (thereby making random lynching a superior strategy).
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:02 am

Oh, no! NO MORE NUMBERS ITHURTSMYMIND
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:17 am

Post by sekinj »

in this game. I think random lynching d1 puts us at day2 without any leads. it is too dangerous to chance getting a townie. if we random lynch a townie first, then on day 2 we would have to get ALL townies to agree on a lynch in order to suceed. i can't leave that up to the dice. i would rather make that error through reason and scumhunting. then at least we have something to go on if we are in that situation on d2.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:33 am

Post by sekinj »

@zwet - are you RVSing, or do you really think I'm scum for having the same opinion regarding random lynching as someone else? Seems to me like there are only a few opinions to have on the subject...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:06 am

Post by Empking »

Day 1 is for getting information. If a "random" lynch (such as guardian's) is what's needed then that's what we should do. If you're talking about agreeing to lynch someone and then rolling a dice, then hell no.

Also, as I'm pretty sure it will help the town. If Mith is put on L-1, I will hammer.

- I like RVS.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:50 am

Post by mith »

RVS = Random Vote Stage? (I've never seen that acronym used, much less as a verb. But I haven't played a lot lately, so that's not too surprising.)

Vote: Empking
. First off, I know I'm town, so I know lynching me will not help the town (but obviously I would say that if I were scum, so that doesn't help any).

From a more objective point of view, though: If Empking is town, the only reason he would be "pretty sure" it will help the town is if he is "pretty sure" I am scum - and we know that's not the case, or he would be voting for me already. Stating upfront that he will hammer someone (anyone) at L-1 isn't useful if that player is town; in fact, it is counterproductive. If we are unable to lynch scum today, our secondary goal is to get as much information as possible, and we do that by forcing the scum to use their influence to push the bandwagon. Saying "I will hammer" now looks like an attempt to divest himself of the responsibility for the hammer.

Explain yourself.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:01 am

Post by Empking »

I know we're not scum buddies. If I say that then everyone else should also know that. Which when we go to day 2 presuming we're both alive it should reduce the possible scum pairs from 8 (from town PoV) to seven.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:01 am

Post by Empking »

Its similar to what Sensfan tried.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:24 am

Post by Plum »

Empking wrote:Day 1 is for getting information. If a "random" lynch (such as guardian's) is what's needed then that's what we should do. If you're talking about agreeing to lynch someone and then rolling a dice, then hell no.

Also, as I'm pretty sure it will help the town. If Mith is put on L-1, I will hammer.

- I like RVS.
So you say, my friend. I notice that our esteemed mith doesn't actually have any votes on him at the moment - not even your random vote, which went on Zwets, who already has a random vote (mine). Were you trying to specify mith here or did you mean 'I'll hammer anyone put on L-1'?

Eliminating possibility of being buddies with the other players multiple times was a trick Sens tried with some success, it's true. The question remains whether it's worth risking certain premature hammers to try to earn that info.

Additionally - mith, you say that if we can't lynch scum, the next best thing to do is 'force scum to use their influence to push the bandwagon'. How do you propose to get them to do that and how do you propose to figure out who's scum influencing bandwagons from the townies?

How do we balance trying out multiple bandwagons with possibility of sniffing out scum hesitant to vote a buddy but still keep the risk of actually having a hammer before we want it low?

I've raised a few questions I can't answer quickly at the moment, but I'm thinking - and perhaps you guys might also think on it.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:31 am

Post by Empking »

I meant Mith. Remember, that we still get info if scum put Mith into L-1.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:59 am

Post by sekinj »

emp: I don't understand why you've singled out mith. as plum said it seems like any one of us could say, "I will hammer anyone at L-1", in order to show ourselves as townie. But that may be cutting off our nose to spite our face.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:01 am

Post by Empking »

I chose Mith as I thought it was better to do one person rather than everyone. I picked Mith at random.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:03 am

Post by sekinj »

Empking wrote:I chose Mith as I thought it was better to do one person rather than everyone. I picked Mith at random.
but that doesn't prove anything. You could still just be saying that in order to prevent us putting mith at L-1, and are really lovers with him. It's too wifomy.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:06 am

Post by Empking »

sekinj wrote:
Empking wrote:I chose Mith as I thought it was better to do one person rather than everyone. I picked Mith at random.
but that doesn't prove anything. You could still just be saying that in order to prevent us putting mith at L-1, and are really lovers with him. It's too wifomy.
Do you want me to stop it?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”