hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:54 am

Post by hewitt »

hohum wrote:
hewitt wrote:
hohum wrote:
hewitt wrote:Course not, I just don't really care to.
Please explain why you feel it's necessary to completely skip a whole stage of the game. Random votes certainly help to spur conversation. Everyone does it, so not complying can certainly be construed as an anti-town thing to do.

Pack mentality in this game is a good thing. It's something that scum certainly lacks.
It bores me, I like it once we get into the real game and I actually have things that I can go off to scum hunt. And no not everyone does it I've come across multiple people who don't do the joke vote stage, of course their reasons are usually different than mean but I just find it boring.
If everyone in the game refused to cast an initial vote then we would never have anything to talk about.

Boring is good. Boring is pro-town.

You're already earning scum points in my log book.
Oh please you're just looking for an excuse to attack me after the way I attacked you last game. Get over yourself.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:03 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

hewitt wrote:
hohum wrote:
Please explain why you feel it's necessary to completely skip a whole stage of the game. Random votes certainly help to spur conversation. Everyone does it, so not complying can certainly be construed as an anti-town thing to do.

Pack mentality in this game is a good thing. It's something that scum certainly lacks.
It bores me, I like it once we get into the real game and I actually have things that I can go off to scum hunt. And no not everyone does it I've come across multiple people who don't do the joke vote stage, of course their reasons are usually different than mean but I just find it boring.
Ok, do this instead then.

Post your scum meta. Which games have you been scum in. How well did you play in your own opinion? Describe your playstyle in those games.

I'll post mine first.

In Mini 628 I was bussed on Day 1. I didn't really get a chance to do much. I pushed on person kind of hard and tried to leave connections to a couple others, but overall LlamaFluff won the game for us, not me.

Futurama, Mini 695. I appeared protown. I went after easy targets. The town basically let me get away with that and never really thought to look my way.

Mayo. Open 99. I had the SK pegged on Day 1. Pushed him HARD. Also attempted a fake-hammer Gambit for "reactions". Hammer ended up counting though. (I had never unvoted, but the Mod didn't require unvotes.)

Offsite. Jedi vs. Sith- I was recruited on Day 2. Continued to push the same person I pegged Day 1. Not really a good representation of my scum play because I was already committed to Day 1 stances I had as town.

Offsite. Douglas Adams- Large game. I basically layed low. Ended up lynched basically by process of elimination.

Offsite. NFC Mafia. I was a Godfather to start. Later became adaptive SK. I bussed my 3 buddies with awesome precision. Nobody ever suspected me of being mafia. I came up with a great fakeclaim. I'd have won easy if there wasn't a bulletproof SK Cop (who I targeted for a kill).

Offsite. Faker Mafia. Day 1 we lurker lynched. After that, it was all downhill. I got pushed for a lynch. Tried to distance, but my scumbuddy who was lynched the next day did the same, and overdid it. Terrible game.

Your turn hewitt. Random voting helps start discussion. If you don't want to do that, this is the next best thing. I also encourage EVERYONE else to post their scum meta.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:04 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

ac1983fan wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Vote ZazieR

Scum know who is scum.

Zazie knows who is scum.

Using the transitive propery (A=B, B=C, A=C), Zazie is scum.
No, that's not the transitive property at all. Scum know who is scum and zazie knows who is scum are not something=something statements.
Math fail.
It's the same statement.

Unvote
anyway because it's not productive to vote the Mod.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:13 am

Post by hohum »

hewitt wrote:
hohum wrote:
hewitt wrote:
hohum wrote:

If everyone in the game refused to cast an initial vote then we would never have anything to talk about.

Boring is good. Boring is pro-town.

You're already earning scum points in my log book.
Oh please you're just looking for an excuse to attack me after the way I attacked you last game. Get over yourself.
You really think I'm that petty, or that you're worth stalking from game to game? Get real. I think it's you that has the ego problem.

BTW resorting to ad-hom attacks is also a scum tell.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:31 am

Post by hewitt »

Mhmm alright hohum, keep telling yourself that.

Anyways kmd...

I've only completed one game on this site and I was nightkilled as a vanilla townie before Day 3, town lost.

Completed hundreds of real-life mafia games (great drinking game haha) as mafia with varying results...that's all I've pretty much got to say.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:38 am

Post by ac1983fan »

Kmd4390 wrote:
ac1983fan wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Vote ZazieR

Scum know who is scum.

Zazie knows who is scum.

Using the transitive propery (A=B, B=C, A=C), Zazie is scum.
No, that's not the transitive property at all. Scum know who is scum and zazie knows who is scum are not something=something statements.
Math fail.
It's the same statement.

Unvote
anyway because it's not productive to vote the Mod.
No, not at all.
For example, Person A is in Group Z and knows who else is in Group Z. Person B knows who is in Group Z as well. However, you cannot conclude that Person B is in Group Z.
For another example, all those in Group Z know all the people in Group Z, and know they are in Group Z. Person Q knows all people in Group Z, and knows that they are in Group Z. Person Q is not necessarily in Group Z, however, person Q could be in Group Z.
However, if the statement was that all those who know all the people in Group Z and know that they are in Group Z, are in Group Z, and that Person H knows all people in Group Z and knows that they are in Group Z, than Person H would be in Group Z by the transitive property.

I know that this has no relevance in game, but your original post is not the transitive property at all, and I feel you should know that.
Not a dayvig.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:43 am

Post by ac1983fan »

I find it odd that people are attacking hewitt for not random voting. My first post contained no random vote, why is no one attacking me. Seriously, the random voting stage isn't that important. Sure, it helps get the game started, but as long as people are posting something, the game will eventually get started.
Not a dayvig.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:50 am

Post by hohum »

ac1983fan wrote:I find it odd that people are attacking hewitt for not random voting. My first post contained no random vote, why is no one attacking me. Seriously, the random voting stage isn't that important. Sure, it helps get the game started, but as long as people are posting something, the game will eventually get started.
He's not being attacked just for that, at least not by me. Read my previous few posts.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:53 am

Post by hewitt »

hohum wrote:
ac1983fan wrote:I find it odd that people are attacking hewitt for not random voting. My first post contained no random vote, why is no one attacking me. Seriously, the random voting stage isn't that important. Sure, it helps get the game started, but as long as people are posting something, the game will eventually get started.
He's not being attacked just for that, at least not by me. Read my previous few posts.
That's exactly what you attacked me for, not random voting.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:56 am

Post by hohum »

hewitt wrote:
hohum wrote:
That's exactly what you attacked me for, not random voting.
I'm also attacking you for the OMGUSy ad-hom attack. Pay attention, dumbass.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:57 am

Post by ac1983fan »

hohum wrote:
Ah, I was reading through quickly and didn't notice this:
hohum wrote:
hewitt wrote:
You really think I'm that petty, or that you're worth stalking from game to game? Get real. I think it's you that has the ego problem.

BTW resorting to ad-hom attacks is also a scum tell.
Which I do agree with you on that post. Resorting to insults, if not a scumtell, is anti-town, because it doesn't help the town get more info.
fos: hewitt
Not a dayvig.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:16 am

Post by hewitt »

I'm not going to apologize for that comment of anything because it's hohum so I don't feel too bad about it and no your attack did not start with the ad-hom insult it started with the random voting that I didn't partake in which is what I was referring to.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:19 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

I was scum in a newbie game. I replaced in and it wasn't hard to manipulate the town into losing at LYLO. *coughKMDcough*
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Rin Twisted
Rin Twisted
Townie
Rin Twisted
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by Rin Twisted »

Kmd4390 wrote: Random voting helps start discussion. If you don't want to do that, this is the next best thing. I also encourage EVERYONE else to post their scum meta.
You're kidding, right? I hope you're kidding. I really hope no one else does this.

I could care less that hewitt didn't random vote- no way that's a scumtell. I find it annoying that he's attacking hohum based off some other game, though the fight that's been stirred up with several players sure is interesting. Some bussing going on?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vote Rin Twisted

Scum found.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Vote Rin Twisted

Scum found.
WTH? how does Rin's post make her scum?
major fos:kmd
Not a dayvig.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

ac1983fan wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Vote Rin Twisted

Scum found.
The whole point in asking for scum meta is similar to the point of the RVS. The idea with asking for scum meta is that scum are going to be uncomfortable with the idea while townies will be glad to share. Rin came out against it.

Do you believe otherwise? You FoS'd me. Do you think I am scum? Why am I not worthy of a vote?
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by hewitt »

Kmd4390 wrote:
ac1983fan wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Vote Rin Twisted

Scum found.
The whole point in asking for scum meta is similar to the point of the RVS. The idea with asking for scum meta is that scum are going to be uncomfortable with the idea while townies will be glad to share. Rin came out against it.

Do you believe otherwise? You FoS'd me. Do you think I am scum? Why am I not worthy of a vote?
That's true to an extent I think. That is pretty weird that a townie would not want to post their scum meta.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

Kmd4390 wrote:
ac1983fan wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Vote Rin Twisted

Scum found.

Why should anyone need to share meta? If you really want to get meta on someone, do it yourself. And anyway, its WIFOMy to think that someone willing to post their scum meta is town.
I think claiming to have "scum found" without providing a reason is rather scummy. However, since I started playing mafia again a while ago, I've been trying to be rather careful with my vote. I'm not willing to vote you, yet...
Not a dayvig.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I'm not saying that everyone willing to post it is town.

I'm saying that those who are unwilling are more likely to be scum.

And there's no reason to be careful with a vote on a player who is at...L-6?

I wouldn't be shocked to see a Rin-ac scumteam.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

Kmd4390 wrote: And there's no reason to be careful with a vote on a player who is at...L-6?
That's exactly what the people in one of my other games have telling me.
It's my vote, I can be as careful as I want with it.
Not a dayvig.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

ac1983fan wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote: And there's no reason to be careful with a vote on a player who is at...L-6?
What is the worst that can come from an early vote?

Hint: The answer isn't 5 more people quick vote before you have time to unvote.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

Kmd4390 wrote:
ac1983fan wrote:

I don't know, and I don't really care what you think about my play style. If there's something about voting cautiously that's anti-town, let me know, and I'll kindly adjust my playstyle accordingly. However, I've never seen voting cautiously hurt a town.
Not a dayvig.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

ac1983fan wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
ac1983fan wrote:

I don't know, and I don't really care what you think about my play style. If there's something about voting cautiously that's anti-town, let me know, and I'll kindly adjust my playstyle accordingly. However, I've never seen voting cautiously hurt a town.
It fails the "if everybody did this, could we lynch scum?" test. It hurts if people go back and look at your votes to get a read on you. It doesn't apply enough pressure to who you think is suspicious. And there is nothing that shows a more firm stance than voting/unvoting.

Off the top of my head, that's about it.
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by dejkha »

Ac, I'll speak from experience about FoSing when it's this early. It actually can hurt town, but in some cases it's an easy way to attract suspicion and if you do that, then you can get lynched, which hurts town if you are. In fact, it was Kmd that thought me that lesson. A chain of events that got me lynched on Day 1 because I FoSed when it seemed unnecessary to everyone else.

If it's your playstyle, then I'm not gonna get on you for it, but others might. And right now, you're stuck because if you keep the FoS, you'll get jumped on for it and if you remove the FoS, you'll also get jumped on for it.

Vote: KMD
for being so certain he found scum.

FoS: Hohum
because I think he overreacted to someone that doesn't like to random vote

I don't have strong opinions on either one though.
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”