Newbie 744 -- Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
AshKetchummm
AshKetchummm
Townie
AshKetchummm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:43 am

Post by AshKetchummm »

Hello everyone.

What nice weather were having eh?
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

AshKetchummm (2): Dennis1993, Raivann
alexhans (1): Boltrig
syndromeofadown (1): AshKetchummm
Kmd4390 (1): ZazieR
ZazieR (1): Kmd4390

Not Voting: alexhans, CntRational, syndromeofadown

5 to lynch.
Success breeds suspicion
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:49 am

Post by syndromeofadown »

Hi ash, welcome to the game =)
AshKetchummm
AshKetchummm
Townie
AshKetchummm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:59 am

Post by AshKetchummm »

Thanks!

I see you guys already managed to scare one person out of the game ;).

I don't have any thing definitive yet, I originally thought that Mizz could of been playing an excellent "of course I'm townie. I'm inexperienced, but really in reality scum teehee they will never see through me" type of thing.

Than just realized she truly was just inexperienced.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by alexhans »

Mizz.Mafia wrote:wellll...

SOD:
Unvote

I'm not going to put Miz.Mafia at L-2 just because she's a girl Rolling Eyes
yeah, i dont understand why you guys are very impatient, yes also very SEXIST?...

lets pretend im a guy now then, and stop being bitches just cause' im a girl. mmkay?
yeah, thanks for unvoting me cause' im a girl. but also rolling ur eyes at the end is just so.. sexist. shows me how much guys think girls arent capable of "games".

&& yeah, i never replied inawhile cause im out? dont u guys go out? shesssh =)
Get out of here... I JUST realized you're a girl for all your posting... I didn't even look at your avatar (that now i see says, I Love being a girl)

I fully respect your gender (and believe that everyone else does too) and really don't make any difference about it. So let's not introduce an innecesary subject.
Mizz.Mafia wrote:sigh~ im done. lol.. i think mafia scumm is alittle to harsh for me. so im gonna get replaced =) it was a fun game guys. but i cant take it... it tears me up o.o

im quiting mafiascum T-T

bye guys~~ its been fun.
I would only want this if you really wont respect deadlines and get prodded all the time... If you can't post very often it doesn't matter... As long as you put your heart into the game and try to contribute in whatever way you think best...

This game is really fun although, it is true, it can get harsh at times seen it is a psycological game. But therein lies the emotion of trying to discover the hiding enemy and avoiding being mislynched. Or just creating chaos if you're mafia.

What happens in-game (emotions and all) stays in game. I like to think we would all be friends if we could hang out in the same physical place.
Yaw wrote:AshKetchummm replaces Mizz.Mafia.
Well... too late apparently. Doesn't matter.

@Ashketchummm: What do you think of the game so far? Any suspicions?
AshKetchummm
AshKetchummm
Townie
AshKetchummm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by AshKetchummm »

Well, like I said previously I would been leaning towards her, but like you said, it's irrelevant now.

There is this comment though.
syndromeofadown wrote:GUYS I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT! Under Zazier and KMD's name it points out that they are both mafia scum. Must be some sort of glitch in the system but good thing I was observant enough to notice this. GG Mafia, but looks like you've been figured out by detective syndrome :wink:
Possibly using humor, masqueraded as an attempt to be seen in a non-scum light?

I don't think it's at all definitive, but it's one thing I will defiantly note.
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by CntRational »

...Humor is a scumtell now? ...that is interesting.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:55 am

Post by ZazieR »

1/2 of the girl power is left in this game now :(

But anyway, am I the only one who doesn't like Mizz's last post before she announced that she'd like to be replaced? There were a few players with questions aimed at her, two players voted her for the posts before this one and someone unvoted her, because this vote was from the RVS. And the only thing she discussed was the unvote.

And no, what Mizz has done is still relevant. The role may have a different player, but the role is still the same.

Also, welcome Ash.
Ignore the ''R''
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:46 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I think Mizz was just a newer player who didn't like being attacked. I've seen it before (mcskullchick joined a game here and a game on another site and told me she'd never play mafia again because she didn't like the "fighting"). I don't think there's enough to get any idea of Mizz's alignment. If anything, the frustration is a weak town-tell, but I don't see it as a scumtell.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:51 am

Post by ZazieR »

I think it was more the playstyle of some players. I know that some players use very aggressive attacks to get more info out of a player, and some players just play mafia for the fun. The second group clashes with the first and sometimes that results into players leaving.
It also sometimes have to do with school.

But we'll find out eventually if her last posts before she announced that she wanted to be replaced had to do with her allignment or not.
Ignore the ''R''
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:44 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Actually, the better place to look would be reactions to her.

Alex: Attacked and threatened to vote. Dropped the "too late apparently. Doesn't matter" after she was replaced. Asked a question to the replacement.

Alex, were you suspicious of Mizz or just wanting her to contribute more? Why did you never vote?

Dennis: Said if she's town, she won't help later. Voted her in that post. Hasn't posted yet since she was replaced.

Dennis, Was your vote out of policy (lynching her for being unhelpful) or did you think she was scum? Are you going to leave your vote on Ash?

Raiv: Questioned her about asking if we'd voted. Next he seemed pretty sure about her being scum or at least not helpful. His vote was probably the most confident of those who voted Mizz.

Raiv, same question as Dennis. Did you think she was scum? Also, would you have been ok with lynching her at the time you voted? If Mizz was at L-1, would you have hammered? Are you still ok with your vote on Ash?

SoaD: joke voted Mizz. Unvoted when people went after Mizz for real. Said he hoped it wasn;t him who upset Mizz and welcomed Ash to the game.

SoaD, What were your thoughts regarding Mizz's play? Any opinions on Ash yet?

Zazie: Answered a question Mizz asked pre-game. Normal IC procedure there. Asked Mizz a question to help get things started. Said more about Mizz AFTER she was replaced than while she was actually playing.

Zazie, would you have been ok with a Mizz lynch (funny how close that is to "mislynch")? What are your overall thoughts on the way players reacted to Mizz?

Bolt/Cnt: I didn't notice much from you regarding Mizz. What did you think of her?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:46 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

AshKetchummm wrote: I don't have any thing definitive yet, I originally thought that Mizz could of been playing an excellent "of course I'm townie. I'm inexperienced, but really in reality scum teehee they will never see through me" type of thing.

Than just realized she truly was just inexperienced.
Ash, what made you think you needed to post this? You replaced Mizz having the same role she had. If you are town, so was she.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:17 am

Post by alexhans »

KMD4390 wrote:Alex: Attacked and threatened to vote. Dropped the "too late apparently. Doesn't matter" after she was replaced. Asked a question to the replacement.
I don't like voting lurkers just for the sake of it because they're usually just not interested in the game or forgerful. I've seen my share of lurker lynches and they all turned to be townies. What I didn't like was the attitude... being all cute and not addressing what was going on in the game.

It doesn't matter what I said about respecting girls and all I said about mafia because she had already left. I started writing answering post after post.
AshKetchummm
AshKetchummm
Townie
AshKetchummm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:26 am

Post by AshKetchummm »

@Kmd-- I was just giving what my perspective was from a 3rd person point of view, before I took over her role, than pointed out that the more I read, the more I realized that she probably wasn't trying to look innocent while really being scum, and was just inexperienced.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:31 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Alex, I didn't say anything about Mizz lurking. I wanted to know why you never voted and if you suspected her of being scum.

Ash, had you seen your role when you read the game?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:05 am

Post by ZazieR »

@KMD
Like I said, I wanted to hear something from Mizz after those posts she had made on (for me it was on) thursday. I wanted to see what she had to say about the responses made about those posts. However, the only thing she did address was the unvote. The posts she made on thursday weren't scummy to me, but as she only addressed the unvote in her response, that post looks suspicious. And that's why I talked more about it after Mizz left.

And no, I wouldn't have been ok with a Mizz lynch (lol). She deserves some attention due to her behaviour (posting without any content and not responding to questions/votes), but these are not screaming scumtells to me. Especially as I've seen other players do the same thing when they were town (you've named already one example). But as I don't know if this is also the case with Mizz, I prefer some attention on her (now Ash).

One player who did catch my attention is CntR. You might remember that he called Dennis out as he didn't post after his vote. Afterwards, he also saw that Mizz hadn't posted after her vote. But when she does post, he only states that he would vote her after waiting on a post (after those 3) as she pinged his scumdar. But he never stated why, and he didn't respond to her last post before she asked to be replaced.
There's one other player that caught my interest with his response, but will get into him later.

Mod
Could Boltrig be prodded?
Ignore the ''R''
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:06 am

Post by Raivann »

KMD4390 wrote: Raiv, same question as Dennis. Did you think she was scum? Also, would you have been ok with lynching her at the time you voted? If Mizz was at L-1, would you have hammered? Are you still ok with your vote on Ash?
I wasn't sure at the time. I was applying pressure , i would not have hammered

I think her reaction- quitting - is scummy. So yeah i'm still happy with my vote.

KMD you've noticed townie behaviour , have you noticed any scummy ?

CntR are you scumbuddies with Ash?
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Zazie, I agree with you for the most part.

Raiv, I can see your vote as a pressure vote. That makes sense. But I have to ask this. Why is it scummy that she quit?

As for my suspects, I'll let you know when everyone has answered my questions regarding Mizz. I've got a few ideas, but I want to see everyone's answers first.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Yaw »

Thanks for the reminder, but was going to prod Boltrig anyway.

Boltrig has been prodded (no posts for 5 days).
Success breeds suspicion
AshKetchummm
AshKetchummm
Townie
AshKetchummm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:15 am

Post by AshKetchummm »

@KMD

No not the first time, I replied to Yaw with I'll take over her spot, proceeded to read the topic, than checked my inbox with the reply, found out what I was, and than like I said in my second post gave what my preliminary thoughts were.

I think the whole reason Mizz left was because SHE WAS A TOWNIE...and was getting told she was scum...and like you've all said...I TOOK OVER HER SPOT.

So logically that would meannnn......
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Raivann »

KMD4390 wrote: Why is it scummy that she quit?
First she brings up some bogus sexism arguement and she says mafiascum's too harsh then before she leaves she's like- oh yeah and school.

So to answer your question, my train of thought was- why did she really quit , is she scum?
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
AshKetchummm
AshKetchummm
Townie
AshKetchummm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:25 am

Post by AshKetchummm »

I don't think,...I KNOW that she quit because people were accusing hear of being scum from the beginning even though she wasn't...
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:26 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

AshKetchummm wrote: No not the first time, I replied to Yaw with I'll take over her spot, proceeded to read the topic, than checked my inbox with the reply, found out what I was, and than like I said in my second post gave what my preliminary thoughts were.
Ok, this clears up my concern regarding you thinking Mizz may have been scum.
Ash wrote:I think the whole reason Mizz left was because SHE WAS A TOWNIE...and was getting told she was scum...and like you've all said...I TOOK OVER HER SPOT.

So logically that would meannnn......
Actually, I think she was upset over being attacked. As I said earlier, I've seen this happen before.
Raivann wrote:
KMD4390 wrote: Why is it scummy that she quit?
First she brings up some bogus sexism arguement and she says mafiascum's too harsh then before she leaves she's like- oh yeah and school.

So to answer your question, my train of thought was- why did she really quit , is she scum?
Why would she have quit as scum any more than she would as town?
AshKetchummm
AshKetchummm
Townie
AshKetchummm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:39 am

Post by AshKetchummm »

I agree with KMD---

Raivann, seems like you were pushing pretty hard for her in the beginning and are still going for it strong through me

Trying to get an innocent out quick in the beginning?
Boltrig
Boltrig
Townie
Boltrig
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by Boltrig »

Apologias. Probleme Technicale! :P
Kmd4390 wrote:Bolt/Cnt: I didn't notice much from you regarding Mizz. What did you think of her?
Played the cutesy girl card too strongly. Not sure if its a tell either way, but just a bit on the annoying side.

I suppose it could have been an 'im too innocent to be scum ^^' type diversion... but voting for SoD didnt really seem like scum tactics. "For being a meany smacks of OMGUS rather than any kind of tactical play.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”