ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

haha i knew Charrat was scum; i only had an FOS on Green Crayons though .
post 126 i leave my role in breadcrumbs. :)
ZEEnon wrote:how could you forgot about masons,
they are the best !
just kidding, i think
I
forgot too . :[
plus this is
M
y first game,
so i wasn't really expecting any
other roles, haha .

if
THE
cop is killed before day four,
how
DO
you expect them to
even have a
C
hance to reveal
T
heir results ?
how do you even know we have a cop ?

the title does make it seem like
the mafia has a certain advantage of some sort .. :[
OR
like seb456zig mentioned,
we may have a naive cop .
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by Azhrei »

The setup was pretty decent Spring, it wasn't too bastardy :P

Grats to Charrat and Green Crayons. You both played well, but you did especially GC. I didn't suspect you in the slightest. Good job.

GG all.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by Azhrei »

ZEEnon wrote:haha i knew Charrat was scum; i only had an FOS on Green Crayons though .
post 126 i leave my role in breadcrumbs. :)
ZEEnon wrote:how could you forgot about masons,
they are the best !
just kidding, i think
I
forgot too . :[
plus this is
M
y first game,
so i wasn't really expecting any
other roles, haha .

if
THE
cop is killed before day four,
how
DO
you expect them to
even have a
C
hance to reveal
T
heir results ?
how do you even know we have a cop ?

the title does make it seem like
the mafia has a certain advantage of some sort .. :[
OR
like seb456zig mentioned,
we may have a naive cop .

:S If you're gonna breadcrumb, do it in such a way that isn't so subtle... That was a little toooo subtle.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Charrat
Charrat
Townie
Charrat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Charrat »

Wait, so shinn wasn't scum?? Ok, then
Vote: Green Crayons
Play [url=http://www.war-facts.com/?p=15465&i=h1]WARRING FACTIONS[/url], a notoriously addictive free strategy game played in a browser OR an utterly complex and unforgiving real-time strategy.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by alexhans »

I will read the game completely later but for now...
What was the reason for my kill?
I'm back...
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Here is the mafia quick topic. I doubt Charrat will mind. He didn't say anything damming to the other players. I don't think I said anything especially derogatory to any other players, but apologies if I did.

A side note to the quick topic - I got my days mixed up, thought we had another until the mass claim occurred. Regardless, I was more than willing to lynch some Charrat today to throw him under the bus, block Shinn and kill me some Zero for some awesome town points while counterclaiming Shinn's block to have him lynched as the GF (thanks Art for that great idea).'

I feel as if I spent this game drugged up. That's the best way I can describe my absent mindedness and detachment. Hey, whatever wins I guess.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Double post:

Alex, because you were rationale and clear headed. DANGER WILL ROBINSON, etc, etc is what flashed through my head.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

i'm flattered by the reasons why you guys killed me,
which sounds kind of awkward, haha .
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

Azhrei wrote: :S If you're gonna breadcrumb, do it in such a way that isn't so subtle... That was a little toooo subtle.
&& if the mafia found it first ? D:
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

First time I get a townie power role, and I get killed... -_-U

Any roads, great game, GC. You are truly a worthy opponent and a great player.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by alexhans »

Green Crayons wrote:Alex, because you were rationale and clear headed. DANGER WILL ROBINSON, etc, etc is what flashed through my head.
Thanks. I guess...

full game read done... It was fun :)
FULL REVIEW COMING IN

Zee wrote:you have a right to voice
your opinion, Magus_Stragus .
i would think it would make
it easier for you.
it reduces
the distance you have to move your eyes .

but nevermind that, we are off-topic .
This will be a classic. lol.
Azhrei wrote: 5.Charrat ~ Doing a classic Charrat. I have no clue. (Charrat, I hate you )
6.Green Crayons ~ Townie, I'm reasonably sure. One of the few people who has been totally consistent, and seems wholly for the town.
Guess we can't trust anyone after all. ;)

And damn Charrat's list in 113!!! Mafia survey!
hohum wrote:God you're a raging faggot. The only thing good about this game is that I'm going to be lynched today.
hohum wrote:got prodded. I'm around waiting to be lynched.
2 games that I've played with him... 2 games that make me wish to never encounter him again.
Charrat wrote: Charrat 7 Posts
Vote Azhrei, Unvote

Green Crayons 8 posts
Vote ZEEnon, Vote hohum
So... in 170 you recognized you were "lurking"... XD Nice scum tactic.

And post 171 is just so townie-ish I have to take my hat off in front of you Charrat.
Alexhans wrote: Well... if I had to choose... seeing the list Charrat assembled... I'm wary of Charrat ,Tom and Green crayons... Why? Because I can't read them... Few posts... Charrat seems like a good player and that scares me, if he were scum... In the other hand, he seems to be giving great ideas to spark discussion (wich always help the town) so I wouldn't vote for him.
Wow. I had you almost ;) Now I understand why you killed me.
seb456zig wrote: @Azhrei: I dont think you are scum but I think you are a very lazy person
@ZEE: I think you are a very poor strategy player and should play newbie games before you try another one of these "real" games.
@Hohum: I don't find you scummie realy, but IGMEOY
@person saying FoSes suck: YOU SUCK!
@people saying these excess "@"s are spam: dont read them then
@Azhrei (again): i didnt lie about me never being NKed. in fact, this is my third game (ZOMFG, a card) but yeah. It would have been more believable if i mentioned that before
@scum:i dislike you ingame but ooc you are playing realy well. and also, are you ZEE?
@town: hi
@everyone who read all of these: y did you waste your time with all of them? it seems pretty pointless to read them all
@people that have questions towards me: ask them
This one is gonna stay in my mind for a long time too. Sometimes people don't realize that certain jokes are dangerous.
seb wrote: What I personally believe (quote me if I die)
ZEEnon & Charrat are scumbuddies
Hohum is town
Alexhans is town
others im not sure about. If you have any questions for me, please ask them
Why didn't you listen to him??? ;)

wow... Zee vs seb was the fight of the century...

Then I died. So the following is new to me:
mmm... Artem rushed a bit in voting people... Hohum was probably town.
310 great post man! great psychology.
I'm seeing some suspicions going Charrat's way... What happened to them?
Magus_Stragus wrote: The title of the game and GM's words suggest that this game is heavily based on sanities. There's even a chance that all cops are not sane. You can just say that you're a sane cop just because Alex was naive. You're the one being naive... ¬_¬
lol... Great Answer.
and there goes Hohum in post 329... Voting the claimed cop...
Hohum wrote: He shouldn't have claimed, period. You don't claim immediately after a result. You're not supposed to claim unless you HAVE to. He should have at minimum tried to push a case.
Who gave him the right to boss everyone around? :<
Green Crayons wrote: I'm looking forward to hohum actually acknowledging my existence in this game.
Another lol! XD
really Zee...349 makes you follow mafia twice... first after Charrat and now after GC... ;)
MOD wrote:Prod count: Shinnen_no_me, ZEEnon, Charrat, Green_Crayons(2), hohum (2)
mmmm....
MAgus/shinen wrote: Just a question: if you are willing to get hammer, why don't you hammer yourself?
uhhhh... bad idea!
hohum wrote: self-hammers are never appropriate under any circumstances, and can cause game breakage under certain circumstances. I would never do you guys the disservice of hammering until you as a town believe you have gotten everything out of me that you can possibly get.

Wagons are a good source of information, even if they lead to a mislynch. Only scum would want to cut that short.
But he did... in a game we played together. 735 im not mistaken. it's in my wiki.
Charrat wrote: I don't think there is a wrong way to pronounce my nickname since it is just a made up name. I usually go with "Cha-rat" rather than "Char-rat" or "Sha-rat"
How did the game developed to this? nickname pronounciation forum. lol. mine's Alex-Hans (Hans was my dog) don't link it and say Aleshans like if it was french ;)
GC from the mafiachat talking about Zee wrote: I would rather get him out of the way before he garnishes the doctor's attention.
He really had his own attention.

@Green Crayons: what was your reasoning here? did you give it much thought or relied more on the lylo situation you were in?
Green Crayons wrote:My results were: Magus (replaced by Shinn) as innocent Night One, Charrat as guilty Night Two.
the miller issue with sanities is rather confusing...
MOD:
does he always show guilty regardless of the cop's sanity?
Azhrei wrote: GC because he has struck me as townie the whole game through
Poor Azh... they really sold you that shit didn't they? ;) If I were you I would wake up from the dead as a zombie and go for their brains... Revenge!

Loved 432... Congrats GC.

NO!!!! 435 just lost the game. talking about a post that sucks... too late for 437 excuses... :(
Azhrei wrote: Oh, and suggestin a no-lynch is generally a scum tell.
I'm curious about this... How's nolynch a scum tell when you're at lylo and have a lot of PR's to gain information with? I just don't get it. It's the obvious choice because it also makes it easier for everyone. less town to mislych. Even if there is a mass claim.

WOW GC look at 458. you take the trouble of linking every number in the post? That's definetly a scumtell. It says I wanna win so badly I even do this! :)
Azhrei wrote: You try to use an analogy concerning a popular TV show to explain your actions?
lol.

475 GC's post was a bit scummy?
Charrat wrote: 1. Maybe one less town player, maybe not, depending on how the different night actions line up.
2. We will have more information, but we don't know whether or not that information will be helpful. It could be worthless or it could be absolutely decisive. I am leaning towards the former, but again, its not clear.
3. We may have a smaller pool of players to determine who is scum on Day 4, so that would increase the chances of getting scum then and the next day, if we choose right D4.
Come on. This demonstrated a no-lynch was for the best...

NOw.. the night actions... Everyone investigated Hohum... wonder why...
MOD:
I think the setup was a bit pro-mafia because with the sanity issues the info cops could use was practically null.(unless there's a way to cross reference all the info and logically deduce results but with scum confusing people and blocking them...) It was like a normal game with just townies that had random informants who they couldn't trust. Paranoia. But maybe with other players it would've been different. GC and Charrat handled themselves very well. Although a bit lurkish for my taste. I'm very talkative. What I liked very much about GC was his consistency all along. Maybe another game with a similar setup would be much easier for the town because they'd have a reference to hold on to. And no one was even close about the random sanity cop role.
Charrat
Charrat
Townie
Charrat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:03 pm

Post by Charrat »

alexhans wrote:
Charrat wrote: 1. Maybe one less town player, maybe not, depending on how the different night actions line up.
2. We will have more information, but we don't know whether or not that information will be helpful. It could be worthless or it could be absolutely decisive. I am leaning towards the former, but again, its not clear.
3. We may have a smaller pool of players to determine who is scum on Day 4, so that would increase the chances of getting scum then and the next day, if we choose right D4.
Come on. This demonstrated a no-lynch was for the best...
Haha, that's funny, because as I was writing that and trying my best to look townish and involved, I started to realize that no-lynch was a really, really good idea for the town, because it would have likely reduced the pool of suspects and increase the chances of catching me or GC. So I struggled in that post to be consistent and honest without coming out too strongly for no-lynch. :D

You guys might be interested in the trouble I had deciding which role to claim when the mass claim came about. Originally, as you can read in the Quicktopic thread between GC and me, I planned on claiming doctor and saying that I protected the same people that GC was roleblocking to give my claims more credence, but then when ZEE was killed and he was a doctor without a sanity tag I was really unsure of what to claim, because two probably sane doctors in a game seemed unbelievable. I considered claiming vanilla townie (perhaps too safe), nurse, one-shot vigilante, or doctor. After Artem claimed doctor though, I thought it was much safer to go with the doc claim, because that made it look like there were mixed doctor sanities.
Play [url=http://www.war-facts.com/?p=15465&i=h1]WARRING FACTIONS[/url], a notoriously addictive free strategy game played in a browser OR an utterly complex and unforgiving real-time strategy.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:02 am

Post by Green Crayons »

alex wrote:@Green Crayons: what was your reasoning here? did you give it much thought or relied more on the lylo situation you were in?
Green Crayons wrote:My results were: Magus (replaced by Shinn) as innocent Night One, Charrat as guilty Night Two.
Either we would lynch Shinn (good for me with auto win) or we would lynch Charrat (good for me because it would look like I just found town some scum and am the sane cop).
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:43 am

Post by Artem »

Good game, all.

I'm not a big fan of the setup, because from a town's point of view, you can't derive any information reliably. Not only a player claiming cop could be lying, but their investigation results could be wrong/misleading, or the person they investigated may always give innocent/guilty. It's like not having the roles at all, so why put them in the game?

I think one way to make the roles more useful is to make the setup semi-open by stating what kind of sanity/roles there are or aren't. For example, knowing that there was no GF would have helped quite a bit.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:33 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

Man, if I was just able to investigate green crayons, this outcome may have been different. And it's wonderful how I bled to death from being shot in the balls.
"I'm still a bit amazed by Zer0's play." -Xylthixlm
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by alexhans »

there's a mistake here
MOD
i sent you a pm where i clearly said
Alexhans PM wrote:I investigate
Charrat
and this was your answer:
springlullaby wrote:With stealth befitting a fox you penetrate Charrat's lodgings, intent on unveiling his true visage. And indeed your sleuthing skills know no compare, in no time at all you discover that Charrat is in reality...

"Someone you shouldn't be messing about with."

The telltale "pew pew" of a Gun with Silencer (which apparently doesn't actually sound anything like that in reality - the more you know) is the last thing you hear before everything goes blank.

tl, dr: Congratulation you are dead! :)
I knew I hadn't suspected Hohum...
But I was really wary of Charrat.
Good night kill guys...
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:57 pm

Post by alexhans »

you should edit 524 so that it states what I really did...I want' to look good. ;)
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Alex wrote:MOD:I think the setup was a bit pro-mafia because with the sanity issues the info cops could use was practically null.(unless there's a way to cross reference all the info and logically deduce results but with scum confusing people and blocking them...) It was like a normal game with just townies that had random informants who they couldn't trust. Paranoia. But maybe with other players it would've been different. GC and Charrat handled themselves very well. Although a bit lurkish for my taste. I'm very talkative. What I liked very much about GC was his consistency all along. Maybe another game with a similar setup would be much easier for the town because they'd have a reference to hold on to. And no one was even close about the random sanity cop role.
Artem wrote:Good game, all.

I'm not a big fan of the setup, because from a town's point of view, you can't derive any information reliably. Not only a player claiming cop could be lying, but their investigation results could be wrong/misleading, or the person they investigated may always give innocent/guilty. It's like not having the roles at all, so why put them in the game?

I think one way to make the roles more useful is to make the setup semi-open by stating what kind of sanity/roles there are or aren't. For example, knowing that there was no GF would have helped quite a bit.
Well, the reasoning behind the setup was that it is actually hard for scum to find the right cop to block/kill; as flipping a sane cop may be detrimental to their game.

Also, the miller was designed to act as a trap in case of scum fakeclaiming cop because it was specified in the miller PM that everyone cop in town would be suspicious of him.

--------------------------------

On individual plays

I think on town side
alexhans
and
Zeenon
did a really good job as far as scumhunting go and were nightkilled as reward.

Artem
made judicious choices both night in his protection, and correctly avoided mis-kill due to his sanity.

The real turning point was the
hohum
lynch. I think maybe hohum didn't see the potentiality of his role.

Zerophear, Azhrei and Shinnen
suffered a bit from inexperience imo, as no-kill was the right decision the last day as it allowed for more investigation as well as improving the correct chance.

sebzig
is a bad boy who didn't fight enough his own lynch :P

On the scumside,
Charrat and Green Crayons
had solid game. Green Crayons, despite being a bit of a lurkerscum earlier in the game, had seemingly infinite bullshit power day 3. They made good decisions overall.

Two flagrant scumslips I picked up though:
Charrat wrote:Considering that we have 10 players and this is a sanity game, we can probably assume there are going to be 3 or 4 cops.
I know that there are 3 at this point
, unless spring was really cruel and chose not to include a regular cop. Lynching both of us is a bad idea if we both turn out to be townies because that would be game over N3, I think.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 93#1510093

This is Charrat's reaction to Zero's claim. His saying 'I know that there are 3 cops at this point' is him slipping because 1) it implies he trusts Zero's claim 2) it implies that he is the third cop, which contradict his doc claim later on.

Green Crayons
Green Crayons wrote:Well, I'm certainly not in this to win a popularity contest.

I'm currently doing a reread of Charrat since
I stand by my previous suggestion of us lynching either Charrat, Shinn or myself.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 43#1554143

This one is a huge slip in my book. In lylo, no town would ever suggest their own lynch, unless there are really bad at this game.
Last edited by springlullaby on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by springlullaby »

alexhans wrote:you should edit 524 so that it states what I really did...I want' to look good. ;)
Done. :P
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:01 am

Post by Green Crayons »

lullaby wrote:I think on town side alexhans and Zeenon did a really good job as far as scumhunting go and were nightkilled as reward.
Yup.
lullaby wrote:Zerophear, Azhrei and Shinnen suffered a bit from inexperience imo, as no-kill was the right decision the last day as it allowed for more investigation as well as improving the correct chance.
I realized this (no lynch was the best policy for town) after my first anti no-lynch post, which had me kicking myself because I thought someone was going to call me out on this. Thankfully, nobody did. Just goes to show that a no-lynch does have advantages in certain scenarios - though I think we could still have won the following day since we had both a block and a kill to assist our aims.
lullaby wrote:Green Crayons ... had seemingly infinite bullshit power day 3.
Such high praises. :)
lullaby wrote:This one is a huge slip in my book. In lylo, no town would ever suggest their own lynch, unless there are really bad at this game.
I was debating whether or not to include myself in the "people we should lynch" opinion. I figured if I would throw myself in there and explain it was because the other townspeople should consider if they think I'm lying it might come across as seeing neutral/objective. ...Which it probably does, but neutral isn't protown, eh?
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:42 am

Post by Artem »

GC wrote: I was debating whether or not to include myself in the "people we should lynch" opinion. I figured if I would throw myself in there and explain it was because the other townspeople should consider if they think I'm lying it might come across as seeing neutral/objective. ...Which it probably does, but neutral isn't protown, eh?
I go back and forth on this. Yes, it's assumed that everybody's point of view is a townie, when they talk. But it just irks me the wrong way when people say things like "Since I know I'm town, ....", mostly because I always want to retort with "And we're supposed to know this how?". In that sense, seeing objectivity was refreshing and bought you some townie points in my eyes.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:53 am

Post by alexhans »

springlullaby wrote: This one is a huge slip in my book. In lylo, no town would ever suggest their own lynch, unless there are really bad at this game.
ehem, ehem... See my game with Hohum and Panzerjagger... They both suggested their lynches AND hammered themselves....
Green Crayons wrote:I was debating whether or not to include myself in the "people we should lynch" opinion. I figured if I would throw myself in there and explain it was because the other townspeople should consider if they think I'm lying it might come across as seeing neutral/objective. ...Which it probably does, but neutral isn't protown, eh?
I think it's a scum trying to pass as townie who want's to consider everything... Or a really bad player that wants to crap all over the game...

But I would NEVER EVER suggest my lynch unless it strategically may reveal something to end the game the next day... Really odd but possible scenario in some setups. If one is town one knows he is not scum. So why suggest it?
I'm back...
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:51 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”