Mini 740 - Communiqu├® Mafia 2: Game Over and the Winner is..

BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:19 am

Post by BSG »

So I'll be reading now and I'll give my thoughts about everything that has happened that caught my attention. It's also good to see some players from my other games as well.

First of, the Hohum-wagon.
The attacks against him were weak. I aprove it as a wagon to start this game, but not for a lynch. However, the responces Hohum made, were just bad. Especially post 42 is a good example of this.
The 'funny' thing is that Hohum called Ecto/roff out on a scumtell, but only FoSed. To me, it seems like he's faking it.

A huge questionmark for post 46 (including the EBWOP of post 47). Not for not understanding, but I'm having doubts about the intention of said post.

Before I'll get into Ecto's plan, I want to give my comments about post 60.
To me, it's very likely that the quoted PM is from scum. I'll go into the arguments after each player has posted regarding this quote. (which means that we'll have to wait for Braeden, Hohum and Dorvaan)
Also, Roff, when did you receive the quote which contained the claimed result, and if you didn't post it right after you received it, then why did you wait?

Back to Ecto's plan.
I support it. I have a feeling that the second post Ross received is from scum. It seems that many others think this as well. If we use Ecto's plan, we can find said player and lynch one scum for sure. The claimed one-shot cop or the one he investigated.
There's only thing I don't like. And that is the quoting of said post. I want to use my PM to try to give some info/explanations/thoughts across or to ask a question. It might be possible that I don't want anyone to let it know what was in it. I don't know if other players have this, but I rather don't want it to be quoted.
But just to be sure that a player recieved a message, we could all put a made up code word in it. For example, I send a message to Ecto, with as code word penguin at the end of the message. When Ecto has received the message, he should post the code word in game to show that he has received my message. Thoughts about this?
But yeah, I agree with Juls. This should only be done this day.
Also, if we're going to do it using the alphabet, do I have to take HoC's old space, or am I put behind Braeden?

And there we have R6. I really like to play as Lucas with SSBB (although Zelda, Zero Suit Samus and King Dedede (Penguin power!!!) are much better), but I don't like that last post of yours.
Could you please state the advantages and disadvantages for both scum and town about your plan?
I also would like to know what points about Hohum made by Ecto are good reasoning according to you and why. And I'd like an explanation why you first come up with no vote at all as you want to wait for a good bandwagon/logic, but in your next vote you did vote.

Juls, if I read it correct, you wanted some advice about your role. But Roff could be scum, so why did you ask it to a random player?
Also, about your case. Could you show where Ecto did 1 and 2? Can you also explain why 3 is bad?
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:45 am

Post by Casey »

Welcome, BSG! Good posting, good recap.

To make it easier, you can jump in alphabetically, that's fine...

Although after Juls voted for Ectomancer, I'm less inclined to want him in between Roffman and Juls, just in case Juls tries to pull a fast one and say she never received the message. I'm not really liking her saying the order is fine, then immediately voting for Ectomancer. Juls is raising slight suspicion, and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

So if you don't mind, I'd feel comfortable with you replacing Ectomancer and bringing Ectomancer into the loop, again in alphabetical order, making this the updated communique path:

1)
Braeden --sends-to--> Budja --sends-to--> Casey --sends-to--> Dorvaan --sends-to--> Ectomancer --sends-to--> Hohum --sends-to--> Magicrabbit --sends-to--> Reecer --sends-to--> RossWillam --sends-to--> Braeden

2)
Roffman --sends-to--> BSG --sends-to--> Juls

I advise everyone to not send until the idlers have checked in. It's clear that the person who sent the communique is either not coming forward or just hasn't checked the thread.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:34 am

Post by dahill1 »

Vote Count

3 - hohum: (roffman, Reecer6, Ectomancer)
3 - Ectomancer: (dorvaan, Budja, Juls)
1 - Juls: (Braeden)

5 - Not Voting: (Casey, RossWilliam, houseofcards, hohum, magicrabbit)

12 alive means 7 to lynch

Prodding Braeden and dorvaan
Last edited by dahill1 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:36 am

Post by Juls »

Why don't you just not involve me at all since you know that I have sent my PM. I find the suspicions of me ridiculously stupid. I send a PM therefore I am scum? I asked roffman because he was giving a few townie vibes to me with his posts 33 and 36. And the question I asked didn't matter if he were scum or town. Can you explain what motivations as scum I would have for sending a message asking advice of someone and not revealing myself?

If you think it is a bad town play, that's fine, I don't agree, but that's fine. But saying it is suspicious is stupid.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:43 am

Post by Casey »

Juls wrote:Why don't you just not involve me at all since you know that I have sent my PM. I find the suspicions of me ridiculously stupid. I send a PM therefore I am scum? I asked roffman because he was giving a few townie vibes to me with his posts 33 and 36. And the question I asked didn't matter if he were scum or town.

If you think it is a bad town play, that's fine, I don't agree, but that's fine. But saying it is suspicious is stupid.
I've lost both of the games I've played on this site because I've believed false roleclaims, so if I'm being too paranoid, let me know.

I prefer scumhunting through actions rather than through claims.
Can you explain what motivations as scum I would have for sending a message asking advice of someone and not revealing myself?
You want some WIFOM? Okay, fine. Since I don't know your role (and I don't want you to reveal it either), I can only guess that, if you were scum, you could be introducing false information and trying to buddy up with Roffman, or whatever. There's no answer to that question that isn't just a bunch of WIFOM. Your actions could be interpreted as either pro-town or anti-town, hence suspicious. I cannot make a conclusion about it. Right now you're slightly leaning town to me - Roffman believing that your message is towny gives you a +town point.

You are, however, acting rather aggressive and defensive over my "slight suspicion."
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

I want to use my PM to try to give some info/explanations/thoughts across or to ask a question. It might be possible that I don't want anyone to let it know what was in it. I don't know if other players have this, but I rather don't want it to be quoted.
But just to be sure that a player recieved a message, we could all put a made up code word in it. For example, I send a message to Ecto, with as code word penguin at the end of the message. When Ecto has received the message, he should post the code word in game to show that he has received my message. Thoughts about this?
I'm down with this. It makes sense.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:48 am

Post by Budja »

Yes, sounds good to me.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:38 am

Post by Juls »

Casey 104 wrote:You are, however, acting rather aggressive and defensive over my "slight suspicion."
I have like 3 people interrogating me about this and Ectomancer is treating me like I am scum with his comments like
Ectomancer wrote:in case I need to say it expressly, I would chose a player at random to decide the process for this before trusting you to do it
and
Ectomancer wrote:Roffman can be the judge of what to divulge as he feels it is merited, not you
So my main frustration is with Ectomancer. Also, he is pressing for more information about my message. I have given all my message without revealing my role/action. The fact that he wants more is suspicious.

I apologize if I am coming across as defensive. I just think this subject should be dropped because I have already revealed more than I ever wanted to about my role. And I am slightly annoyed that I was forced to reveal any of it.
Juls
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:11 am

Post by Casey »

Waiting on Braeden and Dorvaan...

(Not game-related: I wish Braeden good health.)
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:01 am

Post by dahill1 »

Braeden has posted yesterday so I will wait longer for him.
However, dorvaan hasn't made a post since the 3rd so I'll give him 24 hours to pick up his prod before searching for a replacement.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Juls, if you are annoyed that you revealed any of it, you should have thought about it before you sent your role to a random player. I can't believe you think you have grounds for protest and you can't understand why your action is suspicious.
Seriously, your excuse is "I had a question about my role so I asked a random player, thereby burning my day communique."
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Braeden
Braeden
Goon
Braeden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by Braeden »

Im here for good now, sorry for absence.

I was and still am slightly confused about the dynamics of this game. I understand that I have one message per day to send to whomever I wish containing anything I would like to tell them. Am I missing anything important?

That being said I couldnt even think of a good enough reason to use my communique yet where it would not just cause confusion, something I dont want. I agree with Ecto that there was absolutely no reason for Juls to trust Roffman for any advise. If I was confused about my Role PM I would ask the Mod, not burn my communique on a random, possibly mafia player.

Also, I agree with the communique chart and idea. Since I am the first I havent sent one out yet. What should we put in our message? I am still a little confused about how this is going to work, but it seems worth it to me. I will send the message as soon as I have an idea of what to send.
"The myths die hard, especially within the Mafia.├óÔé¼
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by Budja »

Ecto, thats ridiculous. That action was hardly scummy. Why would someone need a excuse to use their own message before you had even mention your plan?
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by Casey »

Braeden wrote:Also, I agree with the communique chart and idea. Since I am the first I havent sent one out yet. What should we put in our message? I am still a little confused about how this is going to work, but it seems worth it to me. I will send the message as soon as I have an idea of what to send.
Wait for Dorvaan to reply first. Right now, the main reason we're doing this (aside from weeding out scum daytalk), is to smoke out who sent the other message to Roffman.

Dorvaan is the only person who hasn't checked in.

As to what you put in your message, just put whatever you feel safe sending to your recipient. I like the idea of ending the message with "Code word: (codeword), (sender's-name)." Then the recipient just posts the code word as confirmation. See BSG's post #100 about this.

@Budja: I don't see Ectomancer say Juls's actions are scummy anywhere. Could possibly be implied, but I don't believe suspicious = scummy (although it seems others don't share my sentiments).
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by Juls »

Ectomancer, get off your high horse. You have no right to talk to me like a child no matter what your suspicions of me are. I will send my day communique to anyone I damn well choose. If you can convince 6 other people that doing so is scummy then I don't want to be a part of this game anyway.
Juls
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Budja »

I see suspicious as clearly implying scummyness, not necessarily much, but some none the less.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:48 pm

Post by hohum »

Juls wrote:Ectomancer, get off your high horse. You have no right to talk to me like a child no matter what your suspicions of me are. I will send my day communique to anyone I damn well choose. If you can convince 6 other people that doing so is scummy then I don't want to be a part of this game anyway.
QFT.

I'm on the fence about this plan still. I need to put some more thought into the mechanics of the game.

I will say one observation I've made so far is Ecto is WAY too eager to steer the town, and he's basically trying to cast a shadow of doubt over anyone who disagrees with him.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:18 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Emo drama doesn't help your case Juls.
Budja wrote:Ecto, thats ridiculous. That action was hardly scummy. Why would someone need a excuse to use their own message before you had even mention your plan?
You swim in the dark. The real question is what was the motive behind the action.

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:48 pm

Post by Juls »

And what should I be making a case against Ecto? Since I know all you are doing is baiting me, what exactly IS your case on me? Lay it out there....and while you are at it, back it up with a vote. Otherwise, why don't you stop antagonizing me. If you don't have a case on me stop the shenanigans because you are just being distracting.
Juls
dorvaan
dorvaan
Townie
dorvaan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:57 am

Post by dorvaan »

Casey wrote:
Braeden wrote:Also, I agree with the communique chart and idea. Since I am the first I havent sent one out yet. What should we put in our message? I am still a little confused about how this is going to work, but it seems worth it to me. I will send the message as soon as I have an idea of what to send.
Wait for Dorvaan to reply first. Right now, the main reason we're doing this (aside from weeding out scum daytalk), is to smoke out who sent the other message to Roffman.

Dorvaan is the only person who hasn't checked in.

As to what you put in your message, just put whatever you feel safe sending to your recipient. I like the idea of ending the message with "Code word: (codeword), (sender's-name)." Then the recipient just posts the code word as confirmation. See BSG's post #100 about this.

@Budja: I don't see Ectomancer say Juls's actions are scummy anywhere. Could possibly be implied, but I don't believe suspicious = scummy (although it seems others don't share my sentiments).
I'm here now. Sorry for my absence. I didn't send a message to roffman, if that's what you're thinking. This is my first game at MS, and the idea of being able to communicate with other villagers (even through the mod) is very foreign to me.

I'm caught up with my reading, but I'm not 100% sure I understand what is even being proposed. I mean, if everyone really does have the ability to send messages to everyone else, setting up a chain of messages doesn't really accomplish anything, does it?

Someone explain this to me like I'm a new guy.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:51 am

Post by Casey »

dorvaan wrote:I'm here now. Sorry for my absence. I didn't send a message to roffman, if that's what you're thinking. This is my first game at MS, and the idea of being able to communicate with other villagers (even through the mod) is very foreign to me.

I'm caught up with my reading, but I'm not 100% sure I understand what is even being proposed. I mean, if everyone really does have the ability to send messages to everyone else, setting up a chain of messages doesn't really accomplish anything, does it?

Someone explain this to me like I'm a new guy.
The goals are to eliminate scum daytalk and to smoke out who sent the scummy message to Roffman.

We're only planning on doing this on day 1.

Since everyone's checked in, let's start the communique path:

1)
Braeden
--sends-to-->
Budja
--sends-to-->
Casey
--sends-to-->
Dorvaan
--sends-to-->
Ectomancer
--sends-to-->
Hohum
--sends-to-->
Magicrabbit
--sends-to-->
Reecer
--sends-to-->
RossWillam
--sends-to-->
Braeden

2)
Roffman
--sends-to-->
BSG
--sends-to-->
Juls

When you receive a PM, post that you received it and include the code word so the sender can confirm.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:55 am

Post by Casey »

EBWODP: I have now sent my communiqué to the mod.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:21 am

Post by hohum »

@Casey: I don't understand how you can proceed with this plan while there's still people who haven't agreed to this. I can think of more useful way the town can use their communique. You've got at least three people in that list who are either on the fence or in opposition.

The more I think about the mechanics of the game, the less I'm fence sitting about it.

This whole idea REEKS of scum tactic. The scum are trying to get the town to burn any potential advantages of day communication.

Once this line of communication is complete, what is this going to tell us exactly?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:22 am

Post by hohum »

other than the town can be lead around too easily, that is.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:22 am

Post by hohum »

Vote: Casey

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”