Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:43 am

Post by Vi »

Was that an okay move balance-wise?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:03 am

Post by Rishi »

Vi wrote:Was that an okay move balance-wise?
I think so. The deck is so stacked against the SK anyway.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:24 pm

Post by CF Riot »

So Jah in your mind were you shooting for Rhinox-town or Rhinox-scum N1? Fun fun game. As mafia we just had too many failed kills. Hitting Jah N1 was lucky, as it lead to a correct SK suspicion. I don't know about Rishi, but I pretty much just psyched myself out of a Bio kill because of fear of a Watcher. We gambled for the win on the last night rather than playing it safe and unfortunately it didn't pay off, but I don't regret it.

Rhinox WAS scummy, RC was not, and really pops wasn't either. I think the modding was excellent. Consistent vote-counts, enjoyable flavor, timely prods. The TMI kind of bit us in the rear the last day, but it kept the heat off Rishi D2 so there were two sides to that coin. Vi figured out it was a bad move as soon as he did it so I'm not upset. The game balance looks good from where I sit. SK made it down to the last 5 and hit a scum, we made it as far as we could possibly get an not win. Seems balanced to me. Had there ever been a night of 2 kills where they weren't both scum town would've been in a world of hurt. ;]

Thanks to Rishi for scummin' it up with me. Despite the lack of posting in game, the night conversation really spoke for your level of investment. I have no problems with a scum-mate that makes it to lylo. Sorry we couldn't pull this one out.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by Jahudo »

I was trying to play the SK like a Vig, at least on people I said were scummy during the day so it would look like I could be trusted. Once I knew CF was scum I still couldn't find much of a case to bring up, so he played good.

It was fun to act like there was only one scum group the entire game and secretly try to figure out why the kills didn't go through. I guess there was never an appropriate time to speculate about an SK like RC wanted to do :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:24 am

Post by Rhinox »

Jah wrote:It was fun to act like there was only one scum group the entire game and secretly try to figure out why the kills didn't go through. I guess there was never an appropriate time to speculate about an SK like RC wanted to do
hehe whats ironic is after you guys were essentially sure there was a second scum group, nobody went back to the day 1 sk talk to look for any clues (not saying there were any, but I guess it just shows that the early sk talk didn't matter 1 bit.
CFR wrote:Rhinox WAS scummy
Agreed. I played very poorly.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Yeesh, why'd I even bother replacing in if Jahudo was just going to kill me? This really oughta not even go on my W/L record, I was involved for so little time. (Four frickin' days... come on...)
Jahudo wrote:For some reason I had ToD/OGML pegged as a power role so that explains the n2 kill.
Could you please try to figure out what I did that could have made you think that? That'd be great.
That way, when I'm vanilla I can exhibit those tells to draw the NK, and when I'm a PR, I can avoid them... mwahahahaha...

BTW, awesome flavor. I saw "
Clarinet Player
Vanilla Townie" and just started laughing.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:29 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Oh yeah, I meant to mention that earlier. Big thanks to ToD and Moriarty for stepping up to keep the ball rolling for us. Sorry to ToD for doing all that reading for nothing. =P Tough luck man.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:55 am

Post by popsofctown »

Trumpet of Doom, there's a lot of adverse factors affecting the accuracy and significance of win/loss records. I think the smarter players make subjective judgements instead. If you replace into games, sometimes you start from a disadvantage anyway, that's not fair.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:01 am

Post by Vi »

popsofctown 883 wrote:Trumpet of Doom, there's a lot of adverse factors affecting the accuracy and significance of win/loss records. I think the smarter players make subjective judgements instead. If you replace into games, sometimes you start from a disadvantage anyway, that's not fair.
pops speaks truth.

I didn't expect you to die so quickly, ToD :v Thanks for stepping in, though - it really helped a lot.
To that end, thanks to all of you who stayed with the game even when it got dense and told me that you wanted to replace out instead of flaking. If at all possible, I'd like to avoid the Replacement Queue of Hades, and you helped me out a great deal.

The next non-Newbie game I'm going to run will be Mafia ViPod, FYI. I promise the flavor won't be written at the last second this time ^.^
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:57 am

Post by Jahudo »

Trumpet of Doom wrote:
Jahudo wrote:For some reason I had ToD/OGML pegged as a power role so that explains the n2 kill.
Could you please try to figure out what I did that could have made you think that? That'd be great.
It was OGML's playstyle and how he played boldly by announcing that he'd found the scumteam of Rhinox and RC. My first instinct was to think he was vanilla because some people are more visible and pro-active as vanillas because getting NK'ed as vanilla is better than getting NK'ed as a power role. But his calling out a scumteam looked more counter-productive at that time so I decided that he was attempting to have just enough suspicion on him to stay alive during the night.

But now I don't really trust any meta on OGML because it seems that every game I play with him he replaces out.
he's probably just afraid of my skillz

ToD, I figured you were still catching up so I didn't have a separate read on you.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:52 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Fun game guys, thanks to the Mod and to all the players.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

Vi wrote:pops speaks truth.
If i had a dollar for every time Vi said that, i think i'd have one dollar.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:50 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza