shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Mini 731 Speed Dating Smalltown: Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Love is in the air, you can smell it. Or is that the smell of blood? Whatever it is, it's got to be related to the horrid perfume that woman across from you is wearing. But you love it. You love the arena of speed dating, too much make up, poorly fitting kahkis, boring conversation, overbearing fragrance and all. You love it so much that you are one of the few patrons left at this last hold out. Since the murders began, the speed dating venues have been drying up quickly. This is the last one you could find, and it advertises as a mystical brothel. You don't know what the heck that means but it certainly sounds exciting. The speech the caretaker gave you is that each of the "dates" has certain "abilities" that will be demonstrated for you in a "private session" after each group discussion. Certainly seems worth the $15 cover charge, but shouldn't you at least buy them a drink first?

That was the tame part of the speech. They also told you that they knew whoever was responsible for the speed dating murder spree was present at this event. In order to rid the scene of these deaths once and for all we would be killing off a dater during each discussion period using a democratic process.

What a fun date night this is going to be, hope I live to tell the grandkids about it!

Looking for Love:

1. Shanba-Double Voter
2. DrippingGoofball
neko2086
-Roleblocker
3. orangepenguin-JoaT

In all the Wrong Places:

Xtoxm
Rogue Shenanigans
-Hider-
Lonely Bastard
lynched Day 1
ThAdmiral
BSG
-Role Switcher-
Lonely Bastard
throat slit Night 1
Empking-Anytime Mason -
Match.com Executive
lynched Day 2
Tanarin-Doctor-
Lonely Bastard
shot Night 2
Oman-Paranoid Gun Owner-
Lonely Bastard
throat slit Night 2
hohum
Searphim
-Role Swapping Blocker-
Match.com Executive
shot Night 2
MafiaSSK
TAX
-Target Sensor-
Lonely Bastard
lynched Day 3
Korts-Tracker-
Lonely Bastard
lynched Day 4
farside22-Anytime Mason-
Lonely Bastard
throat slit Night 4
Townie Role PM wrote:You are a lonely bastard. Despite the recent wave of murders at Speed Dating venues, you are more concerned with finding a woman than your own personal safety; what's life without love anyway. And besides you might impress some hot chick by saving her life.

But something new clicked in you today. You're tired of you and your kind being pushed around by the stronger more powerful people. You're making a stand to end these murders.

You win when all threats to speed dating have been eliminated.

Each day all living Speed Daters will vote to remove a single player from the dating pool. You will have one vote towards this decision. Use it wisely.
Day 4 Roles wrote:
1. farside22-Anytime Mason

2. DrippingGoofball
neko2086
-Double Voter
3. orangepenguin-Roleblocker
4. Korts-Tracker

5. Shanba-JoaT
Day 3 Roles wrote:1. DrippingGoofball
neko2086
-Anytime Mason
2. orangepenguin-Double Voter
MafiaSSK
TAX
-Target Sensor

4. Korts-Roleblocker

5. Shanba-Tracker
farside22-JoaT
Day 2 Roles wrote:1. orangepenguin-Anytime Mason
MafiaSSK
TAX
-Double Voter

3. hohum
Seraphim
-Role Swapping Blocker

4. Korts-Target Sensor

5. Shanba-Roleblocker
6. farside22-Tracker

Empking-Anytime Mason

8. Tanarin-Doctor
9. Oman-PGO

10. DrippingGoofball
neko2086
-JoaT
Day 1 Roles wrote:1.
MafiaSSK
TAX
-Anytime Mason

2. hohum
Seraphim
-Double Voter

3. Korts-Role Swapping Blocker

4. Shanba-Target Sensor
farside22-Roleblocker

Empking-Tracker

ThAdmiral
BSG
-Role Switcher

8. Tanarin-Anytime Mason

Xtoxm
Rogue Shenanigans
-Hider

10. Oman-Doctor

11. neko2086-PGO
12. orangepenguin-JoaT
Important Links:

Rules
Roles & Resolutions
Drawing Order
Day 1 Deadline
Last edited by shaft.ed on Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:00 am, edited 37 times in total.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

General Game Rules:

The Rules (borrowed from vollkan, JordanA24, Wizardcat & Stoofer with some alterations):
1: This is a game, have fun.
2: Please bold your votes. For example,
Vote: RandomPerson
. Votes that are not bolded will not be counted.
3: If you wish to change your vote, bold an unvote before casting your new vote. For example,
Unvote, Vote: ScummyPerson
. If you do not unvote in this format, your vote will not be counted.
4: Lynching will require a majority of the votes. Once a lynch is decided, the decision is final. Feel free to continue posting until the thread is locked, but unvoting before I check the thread will not prevent the player from being lynched.
5: You may
Vote: No Lynch
to decide to not lynch someone on a given day. No-lynching requires 50% or more of the votes, thus on days with an even number of players it will take one less vote to No Lynch than to lynch.
6: If you get lynched or killed, you are dead. A single “Bah” post with NO other content is allowed.
7: Any questions, concerns, desires for me to prod, whatever PM me for best results.
8: Never quote anything that I PM to you, unless express permission is granted. This will result in a modkill.
9: Treat this game as a commitment and be considerate of me and your fellow players.
10: No small or invisible text, editing of your posts, codes, etc.
11: Do not discuss this game outside the thread at any time, except if and when your role specifically allows you to do so.
12: You must confirm your role to me by PM.
13: If you do not post for 3 days without notifying me that you will be away, you will be prodded. Not posting within 48 hours of the prod or getting prodded more than 3 times may result in replacement.
14: Each day will have an automatic deadline of 3*(number of players) days limited to the range of 35 to 14 days. I may extend it in very special circumstances.
15: If a majority is not reached by deadline, the person with the highest number of votes
as long as it is more than one
will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the first person to reach that number of votes will be lynched. The person who would be lynched if deadline were to reach with no changes will be indicated in votecounts with
red font
16:
Blue
is my color. Don't use it.
17: I am usually not around over weekends. If something should come up over this time please be patient. I will alter deadlines in favor of extension should they be scheduled to fall on a weekend.
18:The Mod is not God. He/She may make mistakes. Please point out any mistakes and they will be corrected where possible. Sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed, and these will stand as final, to be commeserated over after the game.
19. This ruleset may be incomplete. If you spot an obvious loophole, don't be a jerk - PM me and point it out. If the Mod discovers an oversight, or feels a player is doing something that, while technically within the rules, is against the spirit of the game, the Mod may add to these rules and inform/warn the players affected as appropriate.

Game Specific Rules:

Set Up:
1) There are 3 or 4 total scum contained within 1 or 2 scum groups with numbers no larger than 3.
2) Members of any scum group may only perform a kill and their designated night action if they are the only living member of their group.
3) If a scum faction consisting of a single player exists they will have the ability to survive a single NK attempt against them without dying.
4) Any scum faction may have a one-shot "super kill" ability that will kill their target regardless of protection, roleblocking or jailkeeping. This will be consumed whether or not it was required to perform the kill.

Role Rotation:
5) Abilities will stay anchored to their "table." The player list will rotate downward through the list (increasing table number) with the bottom player moving back to the upper-most table. There will always be a list of which player has which role on the first post.

Role Selection:
6) All players will know their alignment prior to selecting a role. Let the WIFOM begin!
7) Player will select their roles in a randomly generated order that I will provide.
8) If a player takes longer than 12 hours to select their role they may be leap-frogged by the player(s) next in line and make their subsequent selection at any time.
Last edited by shaft.ed on Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Available Roles:

Table 1 wrote:
Josephine the Twin
Anytime Mason
: Josephine and Geraldine are twins. They do everything together: go out together, eat together, shop together, speed date together and even think together. You can use Josephine to channel Geraldine and talk with whoever is with Geraldine at anytime during the day or night.
*I will send you both an appropriate QuickTopic thread specifically for this purpose, this will be your notice that it is OK to talk to one another.
Table 2 wrote:
Priscilla the Princess
Double Voter
: Priscilla has always been privelaged and popular. She has gotten used to having her voice heard above everyone else's and has gained this power amongst her speed dating cohort. Each day whoever is with Priscilla will have their vote counted as double. However, since Priscilla is always right she will not separate her double vote between two players, that would demonstrate a lack of self-confidence.
Table 3 wrote:
Wendy the Worrywart
Role Swapping Blocker
: Things always go wrong for Wendy. It seems every time she tries to make things better they get worse. Over the years she has developed an avoidance of change, and an incredible ability to whine until she gets her way. After each dating phase Wendy can choose to stay with her partner, she accomplishes this by preventing
everyone
from rotating their dates. Each night you may choose to have the dating roster stay as it was the previous day.
Table 4 wrote:
Amber the Attentive
Target Sensor
: Amber is very self-concience, and never misses people looking at her. Unfortunately she also has terrible eye-sight but is too self-concience to wear glasses. Each night Amber will let you know how many people visited you, but she won't know who was trying to crash your party.
Table 5 wrote:
Chastity the Killjoy
Roleblocker
: Chastity was brought up in a very prissy household. Her mother would never let her sit with boys by herself when she was in high school. She's carried this mentality with her onto the dating scene. Each night Chastity will interrupt another player keeping them from doing anything unacceptable (ie
anything
) during the night.
Table 6 wrote:
Vivian the Voyer
Tracker
: Vivian gets off on other people getting off. She's very good at watching other's and not being seen. Each night whoever is with Vivian can take a peek at another player's activities and know who they visited.
Table 7 wrote:
Penelope the Perfectionist
Role Switcher
: Penelope always has to have everything just so. She is always changing things about especially little things most other's wouldn't notice. One of her favorite things to adjust at the speed dating venue is the positions of each of the ladies. Each night Penelope may swap two girl's so that they are sitting at eachother's tables the following day.
Table 8 wrote:
Geraldine the Twin
Anytime Mason
: Geraldine and Josephine are twins. They do everything together: go out together, eat together, shop together, speed date together and even think together. You can use Geraldine to channel Josephine and talk with whoever is with Josephine at anytime during the day or night.
*I will send you both an appropriate QuickTopic thread specifically for this purpose, this will be your notice that it is OK to talk to one another.
Table 9 wrote:
Frida the Fearful
Hider
: Frida is afraid. In fact you all should be, maybe she's the only sane person in the room. Ever since the speed dating killings have started up she doesn't like being alone with her date. During your date you will likely accompany her to site in the shadows of another player. But she doesn't want to intrude, you won't even know she's there. Each night you and Frida may Hide at another persons stall, your fate will be linked to your targets, if they die you will die, if they survive you will survive.
*The hider will not die if they target scum
Table 10 wrote:
Hanna the Helpful
Doctor
: Hanna wanted to be a vet when she grew up. Unfortunately, she was allergic to dogs, and cats, and ferrets, and monkeys, and opposum, and chickens, and alligators, and goldfish. So she became a doctor instead. Each night you and Hanna can go help someone out. If they have been hurt you can save their life. But you'll also get crazy drunk afterwards and will have no recolection as to whether or not you actually did anything useful the night before.
Table 11 wrote:
Paula the Paranoid
Paranoid Gun Owner
: Paula doesn't trust easy. She's jumpy and she thinks everyone is out to get her. And she packs a pistol. Shoot first ask questions later, is her motto. I'd recommend you don't make any sudden movements or loud noises. If anyone should target you at night they will be killed, no matter their intentions.
Table 12 wrote:
Evette the Experienced
Jacquiline of All Trades
: Evette is...well traveled. She's learned many...things during her adventures. What brings her to this venue no one can clearly say, but it's speculated the thrill of the murders has been an attraction. Each night Evette can perform a different...action from an array of skills she has acquired
(Jailkeep, Roleblock, Watch, Bus Drive)
. But Evette has a low tolerance for boredom. She will only perform each...action a single time during the course of the game. She also doesn't kiss and tell. She will not inform you what...actions have been performed on other daters.
If you attempt to use an ability that she has used prior it will fail and you will not be notified.
Role Resolution Order:

JoAT Roleblock
Roleblock
Role Switcher
Role Swapping Blocker
JoAT Jailkeep
Paranoid Gun Owner (Dies if targeted for NK)
JoAT Bus Drive (Only first target matters for tracking, watching and PGO purposes)
Other Night Actions
Scum NK(s)
Last edited by shaft.ed on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:28 am, edited 6 times in total.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Role drafting order:

orangepenguin-Jack of All Trades (Jailkeep, Roleblock, Watch, Bus Drive)
neko2086-Paranoid Gun Owner
Empking-Tracker
MafiaSSK
TAX
-Anytime Mason
farside22-Roleblocker
Korts-Role Swapping Blocker
BSG-Role Switcher
Tanarin-Anytime Mason
Shanba-Target Sensor
Oman-Doctor
Xtoxm
Rogue Shenanigans
-Hider
hohum
Seraphim
-Double Voter

Abbreviated Roles:

1-Anytime Mason

2-Double Voter
3-Role Swapping Blocker

4-Target Sensor
5-Roleblocker

6-Tracker
7-Role Switcher
8-Anytime Mason

9-Hider
10-Doctor
11-Paranoid Gun Owner

12-Jack of All Trades (Jailkeep, Roleblock, Watch, Bus Drive)
Last edited by shaft.ed on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:59 pm, edited 8 times in total.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

/confirm.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:22 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

All alignment PM's have been sent out. Feel free to converse. Role drafting can commence at any time. orangepenguin's 12 hours will start from the time that everyone has picked up their role PM's.

Realize the set up may be a bit confusing so please ask for clarifications on anything that is not clear.

Please read the "Game Specific Rules" at least once before you draft your role.
Last edited by shaft.ed on Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Okay, so what exactly am I suppose to choose? The Abbreviated roles?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

orangepenguin wrote:Okay, so what exactly am I suppose to choose? The Abbreviated roles?
You may identify the role however you like for example

"I'll take Table 2"

or

"Wendy is Hot I'll take her"

or

"Roleblocker please"

Are all fine. The abbreviated roles are just an easy lookup table for people to see what's available.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:36 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I'll take Table 12.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:40 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Table 11 is mine, betches.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:20 pm

Post by Oman »

We got our faction before we got our role...interesting twist :D
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:13 am

Post by Seraphim »

Table 10, please.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:21 am

Post by Tanarin »

I confirm, And Seraphim, you don't get to choose your table, you get the leftovers :P
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:28 am

Post by farside22 »

I had a thought after reading the rules. Please indulge me for a moment. We could use this for tomorrow or today however I will admit I liked the idea when I had it that I wished I had been here in time to suggest it before Neko or OP made there choice.
Okay here was my thought. Instead of us picking a role for ourselves what if we had someone else pick the role for us.
I'm not say we pick the person who picks for us either it is completely random. That way if lets say that Empking is mafia he rolls a die and instead of getting something that helps his scum buddies the person he rolls can ask him some questions and decide which role he should get.
Thoughts?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:47 am

Post by BSG »

I don't know if it could help as each day the role will change from owner. I will be going after this post so I'll think about it during the time I'm gone.
I also wanted to point the following out as well in case somebody didn't look at the rules:
Set Up:
1) There are 3 or 4 total scum contained within 1 or 2 scum groups with numbers no larger than 3.
2) Members of any scum group may only perform a kill and their designated night action if they are the only living member of their group.
3) If a scum faction consisting of a single player exists they will have the ability to survive a single NK attempt against them without dying.
4) Any scum faction may have a one-shot "super kill" ability that will kill their target regardless of protection, roleblocking or jailkeeping. This will be consumed whether or not it was required to perform the kill.
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:00 am

Post by Rogue Shenanigans »

W00t for a Shaft.ed modded game. W00t for the playerlist.

That is all.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:58 am

Post by Korts »

farside, I would say no to that thought. Here's why: if scum can choose roles for others instead of themselves, they have a far better way to mess with the town. Choosing for ourselves is the better way to go.
scumchat never die
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:59 am

Post by shaft.ed »

I've received a PM from Empking telling me he wishes to take the tracker role.

TAX is up.
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:14 am

Post by BSG »

Korts, that doesn't really matter. The roles switch owners each day, or Wendy should do something against it. That's why Wendy should be discussed who to take her. I don't want a random player to have Wendy.
But this is the only role who should be discussed. As she decides if roles get switched or not, she has a huge power in this game. The other roles don't have to be discussed. If Wendy decides not to keep the same roles, it won't matter which role was picked day 1 as everyone has a different role. It is all about Wendy. So I would like to discuss about her and keep this role to someone we can hopefully trust.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:15 am

Post by farside22 »

Korts wrote:farside, I would say no to that thought. Here's why: if scum can choose roles for others instead of themselves, they have a far better way to mess with the town. Choosing for ourselves is the better way to go.
You were missing the beauty of my plan. :cry:
If scum did that or a person told someone they should pick a role that was useless there better be a really good reason. Thanks for ruining that.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:39 am

Post by Korts »

BSG wrote:Korts, that doesn't really matter. The roles switch owners each day, or Wendy should do something against it. That's why Wendy should be discussed who to take her. I don't want a random player to have Wendy.
But this is the only role who should be discussed. As she decides if roles get switched or not, she has a huge power in this game. The other roles don't have to be discussed. If Wendy decides not to keep the same roles, it won't matter which role was picked day 1 as everyone has a different role. It is all about Wendy. So I would like to discuss about her and keep this role to someone we can hopefully trust.
That's sound reasoning; let's do this.
farside22 wrote:
Korts wrote:farside, I would say no to that thought. Here's why: if scum can choose roles for others instead of themselves, they have a far better way to mess with the town. Choosing for ourselves is the better way to go.
You were missing the beauty of my plan. :cry:
If scum did that or a person told someone they should pick a role that was useless there better be a really good reason. Thanks for ruining that.
:oops: Sorry. They still have to do this, though.
scumchat never die
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:43 am

Post by farside22 »

I think whoever gets wendy should have roles switched tomorrow no matter what.
This is why I like my first idea as well. It helps establish discussion and thoughts on roles and people can question motives.
Also
FOS Emp
for not having the guts to come in thread and talk about things and PM'ing the mod for a role instead. There is no reason for that.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Seraphim »

Oh, crap. I'm last on the order. Lovely.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:16 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Didin't point this out earlier, but TAX has ~7 hours to select his role, after which he may be leapfrogged.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:21 am

Post by farside22 »

1. Rogue Shenanigans
2. Tanarin
3. Oman
4. Shanba
5.Empking
6. TAX
7. BSG
8. Korts
9. Seraphim
10. neko2086
11. orangepenguin

Okay since I'm next to chose I'm going to be the one to roll a die and who ever I land on I want you to ask questions that you think will help you decide which role you think I should have. Just humor me okay.

Now if the person rolled is a no show for the next few hours the next person down on the list should ask me some question. I would apprieciate that no one picks a roll till I get this ball rolling a bit. Like I said humor me okay.

Original Roll String: 1d11
1 11-Sided Dice: (2) = 2

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”