Newbie Game 720 -- Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by magisterrain »

well, everyone's first vote was random, and i think thats what penguin was saying when he referenced his 'real' vote. this doesn't make insanepenguin suspicious to me at all. im also not really that suspicious of benmage however because of his professed status as a newbie to this particular format. (that could be a lie..but no way to tell really so i'll just assume it isn't for the time being)

but vamp.
wow
after already arousing my suspicions you immediately agree with benmage and then actually vote insanepenguin? any reasons for this? if so, you should enumerate them immediately. even so, this move to me is really, REALLY scummy, therefore I
vote vamparific

id really like to hear everyone else's reaction this as well
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

insanepenguin02 (3): Charrat, Benmage, Vamparific
Azhrei (1): qwints
Vamparific (1): magisterrain

Not Voting: insanepenguin02, LongShanks, T-Rex, Azhrei

5 to lynch
Success breeds suspicion
Vamparific
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vote Magnet

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by Vamparific »

if i unvote now im scummy if i keep my vote im scummy, sigh...i just wanted a reason to vote
Vamparific
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vote Magnet

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by Vamparific »

EBWOP: but i will
unvote
even though im probabl gonna be lead to the gallows once again.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by qwints »

Vamparific wrote:
Benmage wrote: 0.o very good points
vote insanepenguin02
vote: Vamparific

You know that random votes are random, and yet you joined a bw b/c insane said his random vote wasn't real.
Vamparific
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vote Magnet

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by Vamparific »

L-3
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by magisterrain »

why does it seem like you want to be lynched?
popsofctown: which makes me notice you have no sig. get one. you could do a quote.
T-Rex
T-Rex
Townie
T-Rex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by T-Rex »

Vamparific wrote:if i unvote now im scummy if i keep my vote im scummy, sigh...i just wanted a reason to vote
But you didn't need one yet! The day had barely started and there was no reason to feel like we needed a lynch, or that we needed to vote soon. And even if you really, really, wanted a reason to vote, it should've been obvious at the time that benmage had flawed reasoning and he was the best candidate.

However, after your display, and the fact that benmage was obviously only confused, I don't find benmage suspicious at all. I think you are.

Vote: Vamparific
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by insanepenguin02 »

Vamparific wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Anywho I
vote insanepenguin02
He voted early..than said he wanted to wait for more information before he casted a "real vote". Next he takes back his vote, showing that he really didn't have any interest or knowledge in his first vote... Well what if people had jumped on a bandwagon and Longshanks was lynched...He's seems like a fairly sketchy scummy character to me. As we lack in concrete information I think this may be the best course of action, lest we give the mafia scum free night kills.
insanepenguin02 wrote:Oh, yeah I definitely want to hear a lot more from everyone before I would ever cast a
real vote
0.o very good points
vote insanepenguin02
Whoa, slow your horses there ben and vamp. I know that it has been explained already and is leading towards votes being cast on vamp right now but I need to interject here:

1) My first vote was a RANDOM vote as we were in the random voting stage up through at least page 2. Like I actually wanted to vote for longshanks because of his sheep avatar...
2) Therefore, that vote really wasn't a
real
vote, as I stated. I have been wanting more information in order to make an educated, worthwhile vote.
3) VAMP, you are not making yourself look good at all. For having some experience, why would you jump all over an obvious mistake on ben's part? This added in with your remarks from earlier really makes you look scummy. If you were town, why would you want to vote somebody out so early without any evidence???? This, my friend, is extremely scummy. And now it seems as if you want to be voted....

Therefore, I will cast my vote:
LongShanks
LongShanks
Townie
LongShanks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by LongShanks »

insanepenguin02 wrote:
Vamparific wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Anywho I
vote insanepenguin02
He voted early..than said he wanted to wait for more information before he casted a "real vote". Next he takes back his vote, showing that he really didn't have any interest or knowledge in his first vote... Well what if people had jumped on a bandwagon and Longshanks was lynched...He's seems like a fairly sketchy scummy character to me. As we lack in concrete information I think this may be the best course of action, lest we give the mafia scum free night kills.
insanepenguin02 wrote:Oh, yeah I definitely want to hear a lot more from everyone before I would ever cast a
real vote
0.o very good points
vote insanepenguin02
1) My first vote was a RANDOM vote as we were in the random voting stage up through at least page 2. Like I actually wanted to vote for longshanks because of his sheep avatar...
Sheep ftw. :D
2) Therefore, that vote really wasn't a
real
vote, as I stated. I have been wanting more information in order to make an educated, worthwhile vote.
If anybody thinks I'm lurking, I'm not. I'm just sitting back to gather more information like insane penguin here.

I need to go back and reread some stuff before I make my decision however.
LongShanks
LongShanks
Townie
LongShanks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by LongShanks »

Benmage wrote: ... Well what if people had jumped on a bandwagon and Longshanks was lynched...He's seems like a fairly sketchy scummy character to me. As we lack in concrete information I think this may be the best course of action, lest we give the mafia scum free night kills.
Is this "He seems like a fairly sketchy scummy character" referring to me? And ....if we "lack concrete information", why are we trying to take any course of action at all? I'm not defending anybody but I'm just saying that they should be given a fair hearing first.

Your logic is seriously flawed. Do explain please.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:34 pm

Post by Benmage »

Perhaps my wording was not eloquently put.

To clarify I was suggesting penguin as a possible suspect (sketchy, scummy) mainly because he proposed lynching someone with zero evidence. Sure the likelihood of a successful lynch at the time was slim, it was still possible. Therefore he could have been a leading proponent in an innocents death i.e. sketchy (assuming Long is innocent :p).

In addition I was proposing this as one of several courses of possible action to take to avoid giving the mafia a free night, and a free kill. I think this may be where Vamp hopped on and agreed with me.

Maybe I was jumping to early conclusions. I agree, beginning accusations or guesses are just that… guesses, so I’ll take back my vote for penguin, my apologizes mate
Unvote

FYI 4 votes have been casted against Vamp. It takes 5 to lynch, so the next person to vote has a lot of power. It could be my inexperience, but I truly think vamp is being misinterpreted and not guilty… Well... at least I certainly don’t feel strong enough that he is guilty that I want to be the one to cast the final vote.
:P
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by Benmage »

(hmm ignore the smile, didn't work as intended)
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Charrat
Charrat
Townie
Charrat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:28 am

Post by Charrat »

Unvote

Charrat wrote:Maybe we can all answer some questions about the game and get some discussion going. We don't have much information to go on yet, but maybe someone has an opinion they could share.

1. At this moment, are there any players that you believe are town? If so, why?
2. At this moment, are there any players that you suspect are mafia? If so, why?.
3. How would you choose who to lynch today if you do not yet have any suspicions of who may be mafia?
4. Would you consider vote for no-lynching today? Why or why not?
I'm going to answer my own question now. :)

1. Not yet.
2. While I think that the bandwagon that has formed against Vamp has grown too quickly, I think Vamp and Benmage have sort-of made themselves into a pair, and that might be the greatest tell we have so far, although a pretty weak one at the moment.
3. I second an earlier response, if we don't have any idea of who or who may not be scum, we ought to vote out the player who is contributing the least to the town's effort.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:45 am

Post by Azhrei »

Hmm. Vamp is on 4 votes right now.

I'm not sure whether or not to cast the hammer. My instincts and my logic tell me he is scum, but still...
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:47 am

Charrat wrote: 2. While I think that the bandwagon that has formed against Vamp has grown too quickly, I think
Vamp and Benmage have sort-of made themselves into a pair
, and that might be the greatest tell we have so far, although a pretty weak one at the moment.
I don't think that they are a pair. It was just very interesting and shocking that vamp would jump on a vote and agreement with 0 evidence at all,
especially
after his first "scummy" post. Maybe he really does just make a lot of mistakes and acts stupid as he suggested earlier because these are a couple pretty bad moves to make so early.

But I think that vamp would have jumped on ANY vote or accusation in the means to get some attention off of him, no matter who made the claim. In this instance it just ended up being benmage that made the initial accusation, only to retract that accusation later on.

Now, I am not against giving vamp another chance here as the evidence isn't concrete, just INCREDIBLY scummy IMO. But at this stage, that is the only evidence of any kind that we have. I would not argue against anybody that would like to get more info before casting a hammer vote. However, I would also not be against lynching vamp right now as I have stated the reasons before - overall the most summy thus far.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:51 am

Vamparific wrote:sigh...i just wanted a reason to vote
And I still want to know WHY?

For town, it makes the most sense to gather as much evidence as possible before making a non-random vote. If you are just trying to find a reason to vote, that is again....VERY SCUMMY.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:52 am

Post by Benmage »

Charrat wrote:
2. While I think that the bandwagon that has formed against Vamp has grown too quickly, I think Vamp and Benmage have sort-of made themselves into a pair, and that might be the greatest tell we have so far, although a pretty weak one at the moment.
Hmmmmmm. This will look to bad for me if Vamp turns out to be scum.... so I hope he is...

Vote: Vamp
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:54 am

Post by Benmage »

(did spelling have to be perfect?)
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:02 am

Well, sorry vamp - looks like your comments got ya lynched.

On a sidenote - with this thread being locked after MOD sees the votes, just want to say Happy Holidays!!! Time will be very limited in the next few days for me but I look forward to getting back to this after the next few days! Everyone be safe!
Vamparific
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vote Magnet

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:39 am

Post by Vamparific »

ok thats too newbie games in a row where me,as townie gets lynched day one....meh record coming up soon?
Vamparific
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vote Magnet

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:44 am

Post by Vamparific »

EBWOP: i only have 4 votes cast against me btw
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:56 am

Post by magisterrain »

eh, i count 5 vamp

anyway, that lynch happened way too fast for my liking
true, i cast the first vote, but i think a bit of deliberation is important before the hammer is dealt
votes 4 and 5 are looking kinda scummy to me
Vamparific
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vote Magnet

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:05 am

Post by Vamparific »

sorry my mistake...anyway if this happens to me one more time im officially hating mafia games forever.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:09 am

Vamparific wrote:EBWOP: i only have 4 votes cast against me btw
It is 5 votes: magisterrain, qwints, t-rex, insanepenguin02, bemage.
magisterrain wrote: votes 4 and 5 are looking kinda scummy to me
I voted 4th. How is my vote scummy? I of everyone here has probably the most reason to vote vamp!
1) He voted for me so that he had a "reason to vote".
2) I have been building the case on vamp with my FOS from the very beginning.
3) I have fully explained ALL of my reasoning thus far.

So mag, please fill me in on why my vote is "scummy".

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”