Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Tuberkulos »

dahill1 wrote:i dislike using info outside of mafia games in general, so i don't consider this telling of any particular alignment.
Yet this is your reason for not voting Xtoxm?
dahill1 wrote:i would be 100% down for lynching xtoxm except for one thing. he has done stuff like this before in games, as town. i wouldn't put against him to be lying, even if he's town.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:25 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Erratus Apathos wrote:
Not liking Yos2's "contributions" so far.
Unvote
Vote: Yosarian2
:roll:

This is the sum total of your "contributions" so far.

Erratus Apathos wrote:
Vote: xtoxm
Erratus Apathos wrote:
FoS: Glork

How do you know Yos isn't tricking scum?
Erratus Apathos wrote:
Glork wrote:Trust me, an octopus would be FoSing Yos, too.
Octopuses don't have fingers. Lynch the liar!

Unvote
Vote: Glork

Random vote, pointless questions, joke vote.

I'm doing my best to discuss an actual game relevent issue here, and to use pressure to try to get moving. You have done nothing. What, exactally, do you have against my "contributions"?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by charter »

I'd like a dahill lynch from today.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Tuberkulos wrote:
dahill1 wrote:i dislike using info outside of mafia games in general, so i don't consider this telling of any particular alignment.
Yet this is your reason for not voting Xtoxm?
dahill1 wrote:i would be 100% down for lynching xtoxm except for one thing. he has done stuff like this before in games, as town. i wouldn't put against him to be lying, even if he's town.
those are things he's done in actual mafia games
by outside, i mean like GD, MD, mishmash, etc.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yuck...xtoxm claimed vanillia? WTF?

Xtoxm, what the heck are you doing this game? So far you've self-voted and claimed vanillia on day 1 with no reasoning very early. Do I need to explain how anti-town either of those actions are?

On a side note,
unvote:incognito
; it was a random vote, and Incog's actions so far give me pro-town vibes, so I don't want to keep it on. If I was going to vote now, it'd probably be for xtoxm, but I think I'll hold off for the moment.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:16 pm

Post by Glork »

Interesting point Yos makes against Erratus.

Needless to say, I'm happy with my Xtoxm vote. I feel very "meh" about dahill. And Corio definitely needs to die sooner, rather than later.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by charter »

Glork wrote:Interesting point Yos makes against Erratus.

Needless to say, I'm happy with my Xtoxm vote. I feel very "meh" about dahill. And Corio definitely needs to die sooner, rather than later.
Do you think that Xtoxm is scum?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:52 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

Xtoxm: 3 (Incognito, Assmaster, Glork)
dahill1: 3 (Pathetric, charter, Coriolanus)
Glork: 1 (Xtoxm)
Tuberkulos: 1 (dahill1)
Yosarian2: 1 (Erratus Apathos)
Erratus Apathos: 1 (Rally Vincent)

Not Voting: 2 (Tuberkulos, Yosarian2)
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:49 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Rally Vincent wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote: Not liking Yos2's "contributions" so far.
Unvote
unvote
vote: Erratus Apathos

EA votes Yosarian for "not liking his 'contributions' ", but doesn't back it up. It just looks like some random activity to me until he finds a better target.
I cast a one line vote based on a very early feel, and you predict that I'm probably not going to keep it for the rest of the game? Bold prophecy there, Miss Cleo!
Rally Vincent wrote:I don't see anything wrong with Yosarian so far. Testing the waters with the alt question was also of interest for me. I'm curious in which way Coriolanus will react to a different subject in the future.
You could end this paragraph with "I'm chainsaw-defending Yos2!" in bold red using the largest font and it wouldn't be much more obvious than it already is.
Yosarian2 wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:
Not liking Yos2's "contributions" so far.
Unvote

This is the sum total of your "contributions" so far.

Erratus Apathos wrote:
Vote: xtoxm
Erratus Apathos wrote:
FoS: Glork

How do you know Yos isn't tricking scum?
Erratus Apathos wrote:
Glork wrote:Trust me, an octopus would be FoSing Yos, too.
Octopuses don't have fingers. Lynch the liar!

Unvote
Vote: Glork

Random vote, pointless questions, joke vote.

I'm doing my best to discuss an actual game relevent issue here, and to use pressure to try to get moving. You have done nothing.
Why it's almost as if those posts came during the random voting stage! :roll: What actual game relevant issue are you talking about here by the way, that Coriolanus alt bullshit that it seems nobody even mention anymore without saying something like "but I don't think it's a tell, it's just really really interesting"?
Yosarian2 wrote:What, exactally, do you have against my "contributions"?
I can't see how they lead to finding scum.
What's interesting about it?

RV's opportunistic chainsaw vote is the scummiest thing yet.
Unvote
Vote: Rally Vincent
Do you want your possessions identified?
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:41 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

dahill1 wrote:those are things he's done in actual mafia games
Still, this reflects your view on actual mafia games. Should we have taken it more seriously if you had posted it in an actual mafia game? If so, why?
dahill1 wrote: i wasn't necessarily agreeing with it, and i have questioned when people do this in other games iirc. i dislike using info outside of mafia games in general, so i don't consider this telling of any particular alignment.
Maybe it's just me interpreting your post wrongly, but it sure sounds like you are agreeing with Glork on the matter.
Coriolanus
Coriolanus
Townie
Coriolanus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:07 am

Post by Coriolanus »

has the "chainsaw defense" actually been ever proven to be a reasonable meta?
But for your son -believe it- O believe it-
Most dangerously you have with him prevailed
If not most mortal to him...
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:36 am

Post by Glork »

charter wrote:

Do you think that Xtoxm is scum?
I'll give you two guesses there, champ.
Erratus wrote:What's interesting about it?
It's a Pot/Kettle thing. FWIW, I had gotten the impression that Yos2 has been involved in the game, so I'm curious to know how you can justify attacking somebody based on "lack of contribution" when you yourself hadn't done anything but a couple of random-votes up until that point.

Corio, would you care to respond to my FoS, or do I have to bump it up to a vote before you start talking?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:46 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Erratus Apathos wrote: You could end this paragraph with "I'm chainsaw-defending Yos2!" in bold red using the largest font and it wouldn't be much more obvious than it already is.
FOS:Erratus Apathos

You gave a vote for a bad reason. He voted you for it. "Oh, he's just doing a chainsaw defense of Yos2" is a really weak defense on your part, especally considering that I was in absolutly zero danger since no one else even thought me suspicious.

And your "that was just the random phase" defense is bad as well. Yes, it's ok to joke and fool around early in the game, I've got no problem with that. But if all you've done so far is joking and fooling around, and I've actually discussing game-relevent issues, you really don't have any grounds to attack my "contrabutions" as "unhelpful in finding scum" or whatever.
Yosarian2 wrote:What, exactally, do you have against my "contributions"?
I can't see how they lead to finding scum.
(shrug) If someone does something that looks like an over-reaction to me, my natural reaction is to put more pressure on that nerve and see what happens, especally early in the game when I'm just trying to get something going. You really don't see how that can lead to finding scum?
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:32 am

Post by dahill1 »

Tuberkulos wrote:
dahill1 wrote:those are things he's done in actual mafia games
Still, this reflects your view on actual mafia games. Should we have taken it more seriously if you had posted it in an actual mafia game? If so, why?
nope that isn't my view. see my previous post in response to pathetric on why. i think yes, it should be taken more seriously if it was in an actual mafia game, because if i say "voting without reasons isn't scummy" in every game i'm in and then suddenly switch my stance here. then would be most certainly strange.
Maybe it's just me interpreting your post wrongly, but it sure sounds like you are agreeing with Glork on the matter.
nope. again, see post in response to pathetric explaining it
Coriolanus wrote:has the "chainsaw defense" actually been ever proven to be a reasonable meta?
2nding this. i know i've been accused of this a few times as town, so i don't think it's really that valid of a tell.
Coriolanus
Coriolanus
Townie
Coriolanus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:42 am

Post by Coriolanus »

Glork wrote:
Corio, would you care to respond to my FoS?
don't give a shit, sorry. i meant what i said. if you think that's worth voting me for, just fucking do it, but i'm in the business of scumhunting not defending myself over one comment.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:43 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, the whole "chainsaw defense" thing is way overused. If you use it at all, you should use it when you already have caught and lynched one scum, then it might be worthwhile going back and seeing who tried to prevent the lynch, using several different possible methods, including the "chainsaw defense". But many attacks in mafia are always going to be based off someone else thinking your vote was scummy; you can't always just say "You're trying to chainsaw defense!!!"
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:44 am

Post by Incognito »

I'm just pointing out (in case it wasn't obvious already, heh) that the following two quotes don't entirely jibe well with one another, imo:
&
Xtoxm, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1407584#1407584]in his 139[/url], in response to Patrick's and my question about claiming wrote:I usually claim by L-2, and way it was going I could see I was always going to end up claiming today anyway. I just felt like it.
If the L-2 situation was beyond his control, i.e. another player did the honors and placed him at that vote count, I could see the above second quote holding some kind of merit. Considering the fact that the situation was self-imposed in this case, I can't see the above explanation holding as much weight. I would think (or rather, hope) his own vote wasn't a serious vote.

Xtoxm, did you ever respond to this?:

Anyway, outside of Xtoxm, the Erratus Apathos/Yosarian2 thing seems somewhat interesting considering the fact that I haven't really formulated much of a read on either one of the two players as of yet. I'd also really like to see some more content from Rally Vincent. Outside of his EA-vote post, I haven't really seen much else from him to be able to formulate a read off of.
Coriolanus, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1408682#1408682]in his 160[/url], wrote:has the "chainsaw defense" actually been ever proven to be a reasonable meta?
It probably depends on the type of chainsaw defense Erratus Apathos is talking about. I personally think the Tarhalindur version is actually a pretty reliable tell.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:44 am

Post by Incognito »

Cross-posted with a couple of peeps. x_x
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:15 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Yosarian2 wrote:Yuck...xtoxm claimed vanillia? WTF?

Xtoxm, what the heck are you doing this game? So far you've self-voted and claimed vanillia on day 1 with no reasoning very early. Do I need to explain how anti-town either of those actions are?

On a side note,
; it was a random vote, and Incog's actions so far give me pro-town vibes, so I don't want to keep it on. If I was going to vote now, it'd probably be for xtoxm, but I think I'll hold off for the moment.
Sounds like someone knows i'm town.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:18 am

Post by Xtoxm »

On Patrick - He said he spoke with Ether about finding me scummy for meta reasons, and Ether disagreeing. I have never played Ether, so I see no reason why she would overrule his opinion on my meta, whcih makes me think they are scum and were infact discussing whether to attack me for my play fitting my scum meta.

And btw, I think it's too early to say whether i'm fitting my town or scum meta, given how little has gone on.

So those we be my top 3 atm. Glork today, imo.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Xtoxm wrote:

On a side note,

I clearly didn't say anything like that, at all; I said your actions were incredibly anti-town (and implied that they were also incredibly stupid), and made it clear I was getting frustrated by them.

However, this post isn't just anti-town. It's you manipulating my words, trying to make it sound like I said something I didn't, in order to create the illusion that you are pro-town. That's not just anti-town, that's activlly scummy.

Vote:Xtoxm
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:22 am

Post by Xtoxm »

The people i'm calling scummy are all voting me...
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:24 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Xtoxm wrote:The people i'm calling scummy are all voting me...
Um, that's because you call anyone who suspects you scummy.

Anyway, you going to actually answer my point and explain yourself, or would you rather just get lynched and die? Either one works for me.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:25 am

Post by dahill1 »

Xtoxm wrote:

On a side note,
vote xtoxm

you are just not being helpful at all and pretty much all of your actions so far have been anti-town
Coriolanus
Coriolanus
Townie
Coriolanus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:38 am

Post by Coriolanus »

the new xtoxm wagon is made up of stupid.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”