Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Babylon 5: The Shadow War - Abandoned

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:03 pm

Post by MMCL »

BABYLON 5 - THE SHADOW WAR...

• It was the Dawn of the Third Age of Mankind, ten years after the Earth-Minbari War. The Babylon Project was a dream given form. Its goal to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal .. all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last, best hope for peace. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations.
    The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5.
    • -- Sinclair
      "Midnight on the Firing Line"

"The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations.
    The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5."
    • -- Sheridan
      "Points of Departure"

"The Babylon project was our last, best hope for peace. .. It failed. .. But in the year of the Shadow war it became something greater our last, best hope .. for victory.
    The year is 2260, the place Babylon 5."
    • -- Ivanova
      "Matters of Honor"

"It was the year of fire... The year of destruction... The year we took back what was ours... It was the year of rebirth... The year of great sadness... The year of pain... And the year of joy... It was a new age... It was the end of history... It was the year everything changed...
    The year is 2261... The place, Babylon 5."
    • -- Lennier, Zack, G'Kar, Lyta, Vir, Marcus, Delenn, Londo, Franklin, Ivanova, Garibaldi, Sheridan
      "The Hour Of The Wolf"

It is late in the day, and you have just showered. In four hours you are due to be up for your next appointment and already it feels like you haven't slept for a week. You lay in your bed, thinking. So much is happening right now - and the threat of all out war against the Shadows is slowly becoming a reality. Your thoughts are interrupted, however, by a knock on the door.
Rising you make your way to the door - stretching your arms and yawning as you go. You press the door lock and as the door slides, it reveals an injured man. He staggers and falls through the doorway onto the floor.

Computer, medical emergency! you shout, kneeling to help the man at your feet.

For you... he says - his outstrecthed hand reveals a data crystal. His other hand holds a bloody wound in his chest. He sighs, dropping the crystal which rolls from his hand onto the floor.

You check for a pulse, but it is too late - he is already dead. You should be quick, medical and security staff will be here shortly....You reach over and take the crystal and insert it into the terminal by the door. The image flickers on the screen and the recording begins to play.
  • "Hello, old friend. It's been a while. I'm entrusting this message to an associate of mine who has sworn to bring it to you at any cost, including his own life...."
ELVIS STILL LOVES YOU
  • Residents:
    24 of 28
    Bengel54321
    Cubsfan4life
    Dodgy
    DoomCow
    Fletcher
    FlyingDutchman
    Fuldu
    Internet Stranger
    Jaguar

Jeep
    KingEnigma
    MeMe
    mikehart
    Mneme
    Niempie

Oswin
    PeaceBringer
    Pie_is_good
    Primoris
    Recky
    SaveTheDragons
    Silgado106
    vIQleS
    Yaw

Down-Below:
    0 of 28

Z - 3 Days

Babylon 5 Council:
    In recess
    B5 Central Computer Status:
    GAME PHASE:
    Pre-Game, Sending Out Roles, No Deadline...
I will be sending the roles out in batches - highlighting the name with green when I have sent the role. Please confirm by PM :)

Those that are allowed to talk - Please do not discuss strategies etc until all roles have been sent out
Last edited by MMCL on Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:10 pm

Post by MMCL »

The EVER important rules:

- Your votes must ALWAYS be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.- please use this format:
Vote: MMCL.

- Please be attentive and unvote, if necessary, before casting a new vote. This is required, and I’d appreciate it - please use this format:
Unvote: MMCL.

- The daily lynch will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, his pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be ignored by me.

- You may
VOTE: NO LYNCH
– majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.

- The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so, and you may only discuss during the designated phase.

- Once I have posted your death scene, you’re dead. So stop typing and sign up for the next game. ;)

- Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts - this will result in me modkilling you.

- Don’t ever quote any PMs or other communications from me - again this will result in me modkilling you.

- If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you – if you do not submit a choice to me, tough! No choice will be made.

- If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. So please be considerate – and don’t leave us hanging.

- If you have any questions please feel free to discuss them with me via PM.

- Personal attacks of any kind will not be permitted.

- What's a mod-kill? It means you have broken a rule and are no longer allowed to play in this game. It is usually very violent and involves small, but very pointy metal spikes and electricity...

- Remember, at the end of the day, it’s only a game. It’s supposed to played. It’s supposed to be fun. Do your part… and enjoy!

- If you have been given the means (eg a character log-in) to contact other players during this game, you must not post in thread with that log-in.
THIS IS ESSENTIAL
. Failure to comply will result in instant mod-kill.
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:24 pm

Post by MMCL »

Damn - you people are fast.... Thanks guys for confirming.... the next batch of roles going out shortly.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”