Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by imaginality »

Hi all. Good to be back for a bit, filling in for JordanA24. At least this time I don't have to double-check my quote tags each time I post. :)

A longer post is coming soon, for now, I agree with The Internet that those with claims should reveal their targets and results. It would also be good to know whether anyone was visited by the bridgekeeper last night. (I wasn't.)

SpyreX if Mirth is untargetable, hard to see how she could have been NKed? Another possibility might be that the 'self-target' in Self-Target Role Blocker refers to her target i.e. she roleblocks them by reflecting their action back on themselves.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by imaginality »

Ignore that bit about the bridgekeeper, didn't see The Internet's post.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:37 pm

Post by SpyreX »

No, I targeted you night 1, and apparently mirth targeted me that night as well as you and some other folk, so. :P
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by The Internet »

Muerrto wrote:
The Internet wrote:I think that these questions make it more certain that he is protown, as he would not need these if he was scum, and this would make a poor WIFOM, as if he was mafia he could just never claim.
While I'm not saying the BK is scum or town, I'd say assuming he's town because of his questions is bad WIFOM itself. He did ask if you were cult and who your partners are so he could be scum. He also asked if you were scum and who your partners were so he could be cult. He could also be town checking both.

Still seems like a ridiculously powerful role.

Not suggesting this per se but someone might wanna think about lying if the question is too powerful an answer(like what's your ability) to see what happens if they lie.
Thank you pointing that out, I did not see that. Still, figuring who is cult is fairly low on the scum's list, they mainly want to kill town power roles, so asking role would be better for scum, especially when they have another option than WIFOMs.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by farside22 »

The Internet wrote: To Lord Gurgi, I'm sorry that I appear scummy to you, It's just the DBE lynch moved to fast for me to get the replies I desired, and I jumped at Iron Man because his testimony had some massive holes that he could not patch( why he targeted anyone, why it didn't work) and didn't want to lag out like on DBE, and
you'll note that I was one of the last to vote, but not the hammer, which is not a position scum usually take.
The reason I didn't get in on the chenshi debate is because I'm opposed to lynches because of lurking and thought we had a much stronger lynchee in Iron mian, though he is looking scummier now.
The part in bold is BS. I'm sorry scum will vote in any position and saying well I wasn't the hammer is what scum usually do then please tell me all the games in which scum was the hammer and I will point out all the games that scum was not the hammer. That is WIFOM and BS to boot.
I still need to do my read and get my reason's on here. I will work on this tomorrow.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:33 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

lg wrote: Posts very little of actual content, if he were to participate more I might have more of a read, but this is all I have to work with.
Really? :( Because I feel like I've been fairly on top of this game. If you could point to all the fluff I've been posting, I'll try to change my behavior.

Anyway, while I think we have to consider the possibility that scum would lie and hope to get lucky on the bridgekeeper, Internet looks pretty good to me.

So
vote chenhsi.
I'm not entirely sure I get that much of a read of him, but the lurking and the scumtell. . . well, I want to see some content.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:38 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

I'm sorry.. Seems like you reinforce instead of start cases.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:30 am

Post by The Internet »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Albatross!

I'm sorry.. Seems like you reinforce instead of start cases.

Albatross!
I guess hat is true, I think it's beau I'm hesitant to vote.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:32 am

Post by elvis_knits »

This is the type of stuff I was talking about when I brought up problems with the IM lynch. I was too lazy to think it through though...
SpyreX wrote:
If K7 is town:

Scenario 1: Ironman's action went through.
- Ironman's randomizer randomized to the same results K7 put in initially
Problems: The chances of that are low. How would a randomizer work with K7's role that has two "values" to it? (Would it have changed PF, Strap, both?.
- K7, actually, was RB'd.
Problems: PF saw Strap.
Secnario 2: Ironman's action did not go through.
- Ironman lied about it going through.
Problems: Why lie?
- Ironman didn't know it was blocked.
Problems: Few, in comparison. I have no idea if there is RB flavor.
I tend to think the last scenario is correct if K7 is town. I think it would make sense for IM to not realze he had been blocked. That can happen, right?

Also, I have reason to believe that I may have been blocked last night (in addition to Spyrex taunting me). And I had no notification from the mod that my action did or did not go through. So it's possible that Im assumed his action went through when in fact it had been blocked.
Spyrex wrote:
if K7 is scum:

Scenario 1: He's not lying about his power.
- K7 did exactly what he said he did.
Problems: This means IM was RB'd and either K7 is ballsy or there is another scum roleblocker (if DBE was telling the truth) and K7 knew it.
Scenario 2: He is lying about his power.
Problems: The only way this would work is if PF was also scum.

So, I'm weighing if K7 is scum (and did what he said) or if IM was blocked and didn't know it.
I tend to think scenario 1 is more probable because it WOULD be very ballsy move for two scum to confirm each other like that. It opens them up to so much trouble. Of course, WIFOM, etc.

I would like ot hear what K7 thinks happened. Especially since he has used his power for one more night he might have a better idea how it works.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:20 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Some people can appear to be very silly using only a few words. Others use innuendo.

Vote Count:

chenhsi
(4) strappado, elvis_knits, SpyreX, TheSweatpantsNinja

Not Voting:
Pokerface, killa seven, farside22, Lord Gurgi, imaginality, Muerrto, Azimuth, The Internet, chenhsi

With 13 alive it's 7 to lynch or No Lynch
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

My time in this game this week will be limited since I need to catch up in other games before they hit deadlines.
New Bruce wrote:Despite my name being
Michael
imaginality/Jordan :P

...SpyreX if Mirth is untargetable, hard to see how she could have been NKed?
Another possibility might be that the 'self-target' in Self-Target Role Blocker refers to her target i.e. she roleblocks them by reflecting their action back on themselves.
I have not seen mirth's exact role outside this game in my mafia experience. From how it sounds I do think this would be a good guess though I doubt any further speculation on this would be helpful in giving us a definate answer.

The Internet wrote:Alright, here I am. To Pokerface, yes I did receive a message I presume was by you. It mentioned 5 pustules on the nose for the skunk you own (paraphrasing, of course). I'm sorry, but I didn't have any cigarettes. I was also visited by the bridged keeper, who asked me if I was mafia, if I was in a cult, and if either, who my partners were. He mentioned the punishment, as usual. I answered truthfully, namely no to all of them. However, I think that these questions make it more certain that he is protown, as he would not need these if he was scum, and this would make a poor WIFOM, as if he was mafia he could just never claim. This supports my theory that the questions are chosen by the bridgekeeper himself.
@Internet,
Answer these
if you can
. I don't want any modkillings
1) Did I ask you
for
or did I say something like look at or about my 5 postulates?
2) Also the response you sent was something simular to "No I have no cigarettes or matches" Correct?

As far as anyone else saying they saw the bridge keeper during a future night, I don't know if that should be done since if the bridgekeeper is town it would tell the scum who the bridge keeper is not (bridgekeeper can't visit himself) and this info could lead the scum to finding who he is by process of elimination.

If K7 is town:

Scenario 1: Ironman's action went through.
- Ironman's randomizer randomized to the same results K7 put in initially
Problems: The chances of that are low. How would a randomizer work with K7's role that has two "values" to it? (Would it have changed PF, Strap, both?.
- K7, actually, was RB'd.
Problems: PF saw Strap.
Secnario 2: Ironman's action did not go through.
- Ironman lied about it going through.
Problems: Why lie?
- Ironman didn't know it was blocked.
Problems: Few, in comparison. I have no idea if there is RB flavor.

if K7 is scum:

Scenario 1: He's not lying about his power.
- K7 did exactly what he said he did.
Problems: This means IM was RB'd and either K7 is ballsy or there is another scum roleblocker (if DBE was telling the truth) and K7 knew it.
Scenario 2: He is lying about his power.
Problems: The only way this would work is if PF was also scum.
I tend to believe that K7 is town and Ironman got blocked. I don't see why ironman would lie and with the over abundance of roles this game seems to have, seeing someone (Town or scum) block him wouldn't surprise me.

I lean towards thinking K7 is town for the following reasons:

1) Everything happens for a reason. If K7 is town, then he wanted me to track strappado. He sent me to check Strappado who I suspected near the end of day 1. This would make logical sence.
2) Everything happens for a reason. If K7 is scum, then he STILL wanted me to track strappado.
If Strappado is town,
then a scum K7 wanted me to track strappado so that I would either say her actions out loud or have cause to mislynch her. If anything I definatly don't have cause to lynch her. As far as me saying it out loud I only did it cause I thought I had something. I guess the real question here would be did scum have reason to fear a town strappado and any skill she had and there for want me to say her skill out loud? And if so why would they want me to do it? Wouldn't it be better for K7 to have one of his scum buddies track a town Strappado? And also without me knowing her skill I still may have had reason to lynch he without seeing her action so there would not be great need to tell me it since it would indeed more likly deter my suspicions than increase them.
If Strappado is scum,
then the purpose of sendiong me after her was to fool me and to get me to loose the suspicions I had of her. This would mean scum saw me as a threat. I don't think I am that great of threat, I'll leave that up to you guys, but this plan just seems a little too elaborate to use on me when they could have done something simplier. Also lets say Scum planned for K7 and Strappado to dupe me by having Strappado target SpyreX. Had a vig or some other variable hit SpyreX, that would fuck them and make me lynch them unless SpyreX came up dead scum. And if SpyreX came up dead scum then he would be scum too and things would just get more elaborate and out there from here.

So in general I lean towards K7 being town. Now I will admit that this logic is somewhat staked in my own viewpoint and knowledge of my own alignment. Because of that I encourage you guys make your own descision about those that claimed yesterday. Feel free to ask me any questions you want to.

I think K7 and strappado skills are what they say they are. And I don't know if Strappado is town or not. I lean towards town but not for the reasons I think K7 is town, but for what may be involved with her targeting SpyreX and how things went down. I am uncertain on SpyreX because of the whole 2 taunter thing at the moment.

During the weekend or when I can find time, I think I will try to revisit that issue. I'll also reexamine the Darla wagon and see who got on and how. Basically see who interacted with who then. I also have a general comment. Considering the flavor of night kills, the person making the kill would be the spainish inquisition. I don't know if we should speculate on this but I wonder would the inquistion be cult, mafia(Egoscentric characters), or vig. Later all
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:02 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm not sure how much to say in what I know. I going to lay somethings out and others I'm just going to play coy. Sorry I just dont' know how else to go about it. I'm pretty certain (almost 90% certain) that there is a SK. Some of what I know I can narrow down who I think based on information given in this game that person may be. Here they are in no order:
Jordan (Now Imaginality)
tspn
Muerto
Azimuth
The Internet
Chenhsi

I would not be surprise if someone in this group was scum, but that would require more search of what sticks out with these people.
I find it interesting there was only one death which leads me to a question I going to ask the mod later. Depending on his answer I may add EK on this list. More on this later.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:14 am

Post by strappado »

I didn't get much info from my night action last night, so nothing interesting to share.
For the 2nd day in a row, I'm happy with my vote on chenhsi
...also kinda curious about Azimuth. He's checked in a few times here and there, made some pretty decent town sounding posts...but in retrospect, they were mostly summation of information already out there, not a lot of new stuff.
I'd like to hear more from him on a regular basis if possible.
http://strappado.mybrute.com
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:29 am

Post by PokerFace »

That all fine by me farside. I may take time to look at those people asuming I can get said time.

Also there is one thing I neglected to post earlier. I was NOT sent to track another player last night. Night1 K7 had his coconuts send me after Strappado. During night 2 I recieved no knowledge of anyone going to anyone so I'm assuming someone else was sent to track somebody.

I am not sure if we should have Strappado and K7 reveal their targets and results. I suppose we can debate on this matter if we want; I myself lean towards no merely because I do not know whether said info would be helpful or not. I'd rather they all decide themselves if such info should be said and discussed further for the moment. If someone disagrees then they can say why. For the moment I am content with whatever secrecy Strap, K7, and farside may wish to have.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:49 am

Post by SpyreX »

@PF - Right now, I think K7 is town as well - not in any small part because I think YOU are town and that scenario doesn't make sense if you're scum.

I agree, after my debacle, that unless they think its going to help to not share information.

Farside, can you explain more about your list without giving away what you're aiming for?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:57 am

Post by farside22 »

SpyreX wrote:@PF - Right now, I think K7 is town as well - not in any small part because I think YOU are town and that scenario doesn't make sense if you're scum.

I agree, after my debacle, that unless they think its going to help to not share information.

Farside, can you explain more about your list without giving away what you're aiming for?
Not without explaining my role and what I know via my PM. It's a bit weird but what isn't weird about this game.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:33 am

Post by The Internet »

@PF.
1. The person asked for 5 pustules(not postualtes, and not that I'm not usng exact wording).
2. In my reply I asked if it was you and apologized for not having any cigarettes.
Azimuth
Azimuth
Goon
Azimuth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:17 am

Post by Azimuth »

Since Lord Gurgi used his rare opportunity of verbosity to talk about me, it is only fair to address his suspicions.
Lord Gurgi wrote:
Azimuth wrote:I can't help but think that people who reveal their roles too eagerly should be attacked, first with bombs and rockets to destroy their homes, and then when they run helpless into the street, mow them down with machine guns. And then, of course, release the vultures.
I know these views aren't popular, but I have never thought of popularity.
Azimuth wrote:In that case, do you prefer a guitar, castanets, a bowtie, or a motorbike? Or none of the above? More I dare not say, lest you do something awful to the player who guesses the exact role.
These posts worry me, especially considering that there is only one post between them, in which time he changed his position quite dramatically.
In the beginning, I was more whimsical than I am now. I wanted to find a way to throw in a favorite Python quote of mine, and I was also excited about testing my trivia prowess regarding Iron Man. If I remember correctly, others were curious too before we realized the implications. It was all a long time ago, in the early stages.
Lord Gurgi wrote:
Azimuth wrote:1. We lost the cop? Ouch. And there's probably a cult? Double ouch.
Complaining about a bad night is traditionally a scum tell.
You do have a point here; I even wondered whether someone might think it was suspicious when I included it. However, such notions are largely circumstantial. One might as easily be "suspicious" of LG's post 948, in which he expresses joy about lynching mafia when he thought IM was admitting to it. Sometimes we express feelings because it's how we feel, not because we're trying to look a certain way.
Lord Gurgi wrote:I notice that he has never done any scum hunting of his own, only followed what the town has been saying and asking an occasional question. This makes me lean to the scum side.
I don't quite agree with this characterization; how is asking questions not hunting? It's true that most topics weren't started by me, mainly because nothing happened to me overnight -- unlike, apparently, many others -- and I was mostly trying to catch up with the posts of those others and make sense of them. There are only so many topics that can be brought up, after all; I'm not going to invent some new crazy topic just to satisfy someone else's idea of hunting.
Lord Gurgi wrote:As a side note, I find that someone who is not voting for someone by the end of the day to be quite scummy.
Is that based on actual experience, or just a particular preference of yours? I definitely have not seen that to be the case, especially on days where a townie is lynched. For my part, both days we were waiting for IM to say something; on Day 1 killa seven quickhammered before it even happened, and on Day 2 someone else (farside?) put the hammer soon after IM's reply, before I had a chance to return and read it. I'm not going to place some random vote late in the day just to appease someone else's idea of appearing town.

I hope this helps address your suspicions. I agree that I have not posted a lot in this game -- certainly not compared to Mirth -- and perhaps this helps people become suspicious of me. I myself admit to being suspicious of some people who have not posted a lot. Now that Mirth is gone, it will be a lot harder for people to "hide," whether they have been meaning to or not. I won't start posting every fifteen minutes, and I will certainly never make three posts in a row, but I will endeavor to contribute more.

For now I will say that recently I have been most suspicious of JordanA24; I will be interested to see how imaginality plays that role and whether it negates or confirms my suspicions.
It's been a busy year, but I want to be back someday.
Oh, and...WAR KITTENS??
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:20 am

Post by strappado »

Azimuth is as slick as a goose poop
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:27 am

Post by farside22 »

I found out I can't clear EK due to her being blocked.
There are some weird machanics to this game.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:29 am

Post by strappado »

No kidding.
I've just been relying on people's posting and content - I can't wrap my head around the possibility of blockings or redirections or whatever other crazy stuff is out there, I might get a brain spasm.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:31 am

Post by shaft.ed »

strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:36 am

Post by strappado »

pretty fair representation of what we'll be like after this game I assume. ;-)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

That is one of my favorite sketches

strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:56 am

Post by strappado »

sucking up to the mod is a classic scum tell

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”