CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:21 am

Post by CF Riot »

StrangerCoug wrote:We're still split on killa seven vs. Corinthian right now, and I agree that both are scummy. I ask everybody in this game: Which of those two do you feel is scummier: K7 or Corin?
Don't either/or the town. I think KoC and FS both look far scummier than either of these people. If you held me down and forced me to pick between those two I'd vote Corin, but as the majority of the town is either split between them or unconvinced of both, I say we drop them today and find someone more people like.

If I remember right, more than a few people said FS was suspicious but none of them had a vote on him. We're all frustrated about the current wagons being stuck in stasis and FS continues to look scummy to me, so why don't we try him on for size today and pick up on K7 and Corin tomorrow after we see what the mafia does?

Also, if that plan doesn't fly, if it comes down to a lurker vote I'm throwing one at Joubert.

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM

killa seven - 5 (Knight of Cydonia, SpyreX, Corinthian, orangepenguin, Joubert)
Corinthian - 4 (StrangerCoug, LlamaFluff, Firestarter, TheSweatpantsNinja)
Manito - 2 (FaerieLord, killa seven)
Firestarter - 2 (armlx, CF Riot)
FaerieLord - 1 (Manito)
armlx - 1 (LaptopGun)

15 alive, 8 to lynch, 5 at deadline.

-Mod
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:40 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

CF Riot wrote: Don't either/or the town. I think KoC and FS both look far scummier than either of these people. If you held me down and forced me to pick between those two I'd vote Corin, but as the majority of the town is either split between them or unconvinced of both, I say we drop them today and find someone more people like.

If I remember right, more than a few people said FS was suspicious but none of them had a vote on him. We're all frustrated about the current wagons being stuck in stasis and FS continues to look scummy to me, so why don't we try him on for size today and pick up on K7 and Corin tomorrow after we see what the mafia does?

Also, if that plan doesn't fly, if it comes down to a lurker vote I'm throwing one at Joubert.
I really dont like this. First you want the town to drop its two top suspects because you dont agree with them. The way to get people to agree is to make a convincing enough case to get someone lynched, when I replaced in there were no votes on Corin, now he is a runner to get lynched. You have to realize that they have nine votes between them, which means over half the town wants one of them lynched.

This means there is no one else more people want to lynch first. You want FS and KoC lynched, which arent horrible picks. I was interested in KoC early but given his recent actions I want to see how the cases he pushes turns out, FS again doesnt look very town, but I hold Corin as a much better scum pick. You are supposed to convince me that they are scum more then my personal pick, and that hasnt happened. This does not mean that you should tell everyone to abandon their top choices, which is a poor move to even suggest.

By saying lynch FS today and use the NK to determine who to go after tomorrow just is stupid as well. This is pre-speculating to WIFOM before a kill even happens. If I get NKed does that mean Corin is scum getting rid of me or K7 is framing him? If armlx gets NKed does that mean that K7 is WIFOMing us by getting rid of a defender or Corin making the lynch easier? There are no answers to these situations so bringing them up before they even happens just is wrong.

I also dont like the subtle attack on Joubert, you obviously dont hold him as a high suspect so shouldnt be suggesting him for a lynch. This isnt the time to lynch al lurkers.

I still think Corin is the right move today, when I look at him and K7, he looks much worse. When meta is added its a no-brainer to me.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:46 am

Post by Firestarter »

CF Riot wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:We're still split on killa seven vs. Corinthian right now, and I agree that both are scummy. I ask everybody in this game: Which of those two do you feel is scummier: K7 or Corin?
Don't either/or the town. I think KoC and FS both look far scummier than either of these people. If you held me down and forced me to pick between those two I'd vote Corin, but as the majority of the town is either split between them or unconvinced of both, I say we drop them today and find someone more people like.

I find myself repeating myself again when it comes to you CFR....

When someone else looks like their gonna be lynched, you pop up, and suggest me for a lynch... everytime... without fail... scuppering progress on lynching 1 of 2 lurkers, 1 of 2 who have contributed very little other than token posts here and there... and 1 of 2 that are by far scummier than anyone else.

Have you even looked at the other guys who happen to have the most votes right now?
('') (':') ('')
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

My pick for flavor of the month for scum is Corin. K7 has been horrible, Corin just happens to pretend that valid points people raise either don't exist or are completely illogical. I'd think the artful dodger is more scummy right now.

That said, I stick by my current vote of armlx because I believe he is scum.
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by Firestarter »

@ LTG once more...
Firestarter wrote:
LaptopGun wrote:Firestarter, I mean you said something a mafia player would want to happen. Seems like a slipup to me. That in my mind says you are mafia.
@ LTG...

What is this post in relation to?
?
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

No, I am stupid and wrote Firestarter instead of armlx. I need to stop posting after work when I’m in a bad mood. I got nothing on Firestarter, I am concerned about armlx.

Argh! This is where it started, arm and sprye talking about K7. I think armlx has a very mafia-like train of thought here and I see it as a slipup.
spyrex wrote: Thats the thing though. The scum are NEVER going to kill him and this will be brought up every day and pish poshed away.
armlx wrote: I'm willing to reconsider him once we hit a scum and can see how they linked to him.
LaptopGun wrote: Arm, the mafia would use the thinking. A mafia goon who just lost his partner would like there to be disscussion away from the mafia in total or at least himself as an individual.
armlx wrote: Can you clarify what this means?
LaptopGun wrote: When one mafia goes down, the other ones would probably want to make sure neither of themselves come under scrutiny. They'd like to throw anyone else under the bus and get a mislynch. It's like the rats on the Titanic.
armlx wrote: I get what you are trying to say, but aren't the mafia ALWAYS trying to do that?
LaptopGun wrote: Yes. And you said that you were only willing to talk about another player when someone turned mafia. Sounds awfully familiar to me.
armlx wrote: I don't get what you are saying here.
LaptopGun wrote:Firestarter, I mean you said something a mafia player would want to happen. Seems like a slipup to me. That in my mind says you are mafia.
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

Sorry it took a while to get this written out right, Firestarter.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by armlx »

Firestarter, I mean you said something a mafia player would want to happen. Seems like a slipup to me. That in my mind says you are mafia.
What did I say that a mafia player would want to happen?
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:38 pm

Post by CF Riot »

LlamaFluff wrote:By saying lynch FS today and use the NK to determine who to go after tomorrow just is stupid as well.
Ouch. [=

I don't want to lynch a lurker. However I should point out that lurking has been a major point against BOTH K7 and Corin. I simply wanted to note that if it came to a lurker vote, I'd rather get rid of Joubert than either of them. Also, I believe I FoS'd him just a few pages ago, so it's not out of the blue.

Also, if 5 people have K7 as their number one and think Corin is town, and 4 people have Corin as their number one and think K7 is town, but 9 people have FS as their number two, I would consider FS the better lynch. I don't know that this is the situation we have here, I'm just pointing out that a compromise is not as crazy of a suggestion as you make it out to be.

Forget the NK stuff I guess. I've always thought examining it was helpful, but I'm seeing a lot of people regard this as too WIFOM to be useful.

@FS: Who looks like they're about to be lynched? K7 and Corin have both been around these numbers for a while and not many people look like they're about to sway. Are you asking if I've looked at those two, or if I've looked at the other people on the vote count after them? I've given an opinion on both K7 and Corin if that's what you're asking.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:46 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

laptopgun wrote: My pick for flavor of the month for scum is Corin. K7 has been horrible, Corin just happens to pretend that valid points people raise either don't exist or are completely illogical. I'd think the artful dodger is more scummy right now.
Y'know, the more I think about it, the more I feel like the really telling thing about the k7 and corin wagons is that corin is voting for k7, but k7 isn't voting for corin. One of these two is reaching to the obvious target and one of them isn't. So my vote will stay.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:05 am

Post by Firestarter »

CF Riot wrote: @FS: Who looks like they're about to be lynched? K7 and Corin have both been around these numbers for a while and not many people look like they're about to sway. Are you asking if I've looked at those two, or if I've looked at the other people on the vote count after them? I've given an opinion on both K7 and Corin if that's what you're asking.
Either K7 or Corin... as stated above, there are alot of votes on both of them. My vote is on Corin at the moment, that wont change unless we are almost at deadline, and if there is a better chance of K7 being lynched, and my vote is required to do so, I will, as I get scum reads from both of them, just more from Corin right now.

As for asking everyone to remove me, who BTW, has had to deal with the same shit over & over again regarding the "No Lynch" post, is ridiculous, considering alot of players find 2 players more scummy than me...

In relation to the no lynch post, and what I was reffering to afterwards, saying it was a bad move then....
At the time, I was very very noobish, and did not see so much crap coming from what I did. Im playing in multiple games now, and am only beginning to see the mechanics to MS.

Yes, it was a bad move by me, because of the said crap that followed me afterwards, and still does.

But the main proponents of the hunt on me.. have been lynched, and Ive helped in that... ZS & SG.

Apart from the no lynch post, I dont see why you have a vote on me.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:29 am

Post by SpyreX »

But the main proponents of the hunt on me.. have been lynched, and Ive helped in that... ZS & SG.
Umm, what?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:36 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Wrong game?
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:19 am

Post by CF Riot »

lol.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:38 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

CF Riot wrote:Also, if 5 people have K7 as their number one and think Corin is town, and 4 people have Corin as their number one and think K7 is town, but 9 people have FS as their number two, I would consider FS the better lynch. I don't know that this is the situation we have here, I'm just pointing out that a compromise is not as crazy of a suggestion as you make it out to be.
You know what? Something like this might prove interesting. If everyone can list their top three suspects, just copy-paste where the list stands and add on your top three. That way we can see if something like this really is happening or not, as im not really convinced it is. If everyone has a player as high up though, its something worth persuing.
The List wrote:armlx
Joubert
killa seven
FaerieLord
SpyreX
LlamaFluff -> Corin, Manito, KoC
Firestarter
CF Riot
Corinthian
LaptopGun
Knight of Cydonia
TheSweatpantsNinja
orangepenguin
Manito
StrangerCoug
And yes that is a wrong game post from FS.
Co-host of The USL Show
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

armlx, I am sorry that this is evidently really hard to follow. I feel you reacted as a mafia player would. Plain and simple. You won't entertain a particularly suspect player until one of the mafia is found out and lynched. I think it is fair to say the heat is onto the mafia when one of them is lynched. In that case, it would be a good thing to have another suspect to throw out to throw the town off the trail. Or that's how I see your whole comment about not wanting to vote K7 right now. "K7 should be saved for later to be lynched when a hypothetical partner has gone down." Or in my interpretation when one of YOUR partners has gone down you want to distract US the town from taking you and your other partner down. It's your (both in a personal sense and in the entire mafia sense) backup plan or ace in the hole.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote: Y'know, the more I think about it, the more I feel like the really telling thing about the k7 and corin wagons is that corin is voting for k7, but k7 isn't voting for corin. One of these two is reaching to the obvious target and one of them isn't. So my vote will stay.
I didn't see things that way before, but that is a fascinating point. K7 isn't voting in OMGUS or anything like that. Combined with my belief armlx and his cronies are setting K7 up to be a fall guy, I have serious considerations that my earlier suspicions about K7 were wrong.
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

I dont see any harm in the list idea

1. armlx
2. corin
I then really don't have a hard candidate for a #3. KOC or Joubert, I guess.

I'll think some more on that.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

LlamaFluff wrote:
CF Riot wrote:Also, if 5 people have K7 as their number one and think Corin is town, and 4 people have Corin as their number one and think K7 is town, but 9 people have FS as their number two, I would consider FS the better lynch. I don't know that this is the situation we have here, I'm just pointing out that a compromise is not as crazy of a suggestion as you make it out to be.
You know what? Something like this might prove interesting. If everyone can list their top three suspects, just copy-paste where the list stands and add on your top three. That way we can see if something like this really is happening or not, as im not really convinced it is. If everyone has a player as high up though, its something worth persuing.
Joubert
killa seven
FaerieLord
SpyreX
Firestarter
CF Riot
Corinthian
LaptopGun
Knight of Cydonia
TheSweatpantsNinja
orangepenguin
Manito
StrangerCoug
The idea of a list sounds interesting to me. Here's what I have to add to it:

Joubert
killa seven
FaerieLord
SpyreX
Firestarter
CF Riot
Corinthian
LaptopGun
Knight of Cydonia
TheSweatpantsNinja
orangepenguin
Manito
StrangerCoug -> Corinthian, killa seven, FaerieLord
The first two I believe I've talked about already. FL I'd have to look up again, but I do remember something not sitting well about her.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Actually, FaerieLord's posts in isolation don't give me much suspicion except about the forbiddanlight case, however, she hasn't posted since August 1, so
Mod: Please prod FaerieLord.

I'd ask to prod Corinthian too, but he says he's unavailable half the week, so I won't until late Wednesday or sometime Thursday if he doesn't show up.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by armlx »

armlx, I am sorry that this is evidently really hard to follow. I feel you reacted as a mafia player would. Plain and simple. You won't entertain a particularly suspect player until one of the mafia is found out and lynched.
Except I don't find K7's actions on his own especially suspect, and as such this does not apply.

armlx-> Firestarter, CF Riot, K7
Joubert
killa seven
FaerieLord
SpyreX
Firestarter
CF Riot
Corinthian
LaptopGun
Knight of Cydonia
TheSweatpantsNinja
orangepenguin
Manito
StrangerCoug

K7 is a very distant 3rd based on the fact his lynch is essentially random, which is at best what I feel I'm looking at on anyone else.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Current list stands at
The List wrote: armlx -> Firestarter, CF Riot, K7
Joubert
killa seven
FaerieLord
SpyreX
Firestarter
CF Riot
Corinthian
LaptopGun -> armlx, Corin, Joubert/KoC
Knight of Cydonia
TheSweatpantsNinja
orangepenguin
Manito
With any luck most people will be able to respond by a week to deadline so patterns can emerge
Co-host of The USL Show
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Current list stands at
The List wrote: armlx -> Firestarter, CF Riot, K7
Joubert
killa seven
FaerieLord
SpyreX
Firestarter
CF Riot
Corinthian
LaptopGun -> armlx, Corin, Joubert/KoC
Knight of Cydonia
TheSweatpantsNinja
orangepenguin -> killa7, FaerieLord, KoC/Corin
Manito
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by Joubert »

I hope we won't have to resort to statistics to settle the lynch...
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:35 pm

Post by armlx »

We shouldn't, but getting a mass opinion is good.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:39 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

armlx wrote:
We shouldn't, but getting a mass opinion is good.
And thats the point of this, thanks for adding your thoughts Joubert... shall I put you down for no lynch?
Co-host of The USL Show

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”