Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:41 am

Post by AurorusVox »

So I'll get all the actions and Role PMs up for y'all, I think the QTs have already been posted.

I believe scum picked their night actions very well. Kanye died with a guilty, and Kats held off on the RB until it really mattered.
The "Nervous" mechanic on the cop was meant to discourage follow-the-cop seeing as scum only had one RB. It never really came into use anyway.
Hindu was incredibly unlucky despite getting the hammer three days running - Chaos getting lynched D1 meant that there was no one to use his role on, and N2-3 he got roleblocked by town and scum respectively.
CD messing up his claim (tracker instead of watcher) probably didn't help. It will frustrate you to know, though, that Robo didn't action N1 anyway, so you would've No Result'd out even if you were a tracker >_>
kcda/kmd's role ("Silencer") was meant to shut scum QTs down but since it could also interfere with the Neighbour QT, I thought that it might cause some interesting twists. But it was never used either.
Konowa had a troll/WIFOM role, he had Godfather but I knew that would leave him vulnerable to massclaim in a Role Madness game. He could prevent the "prime/burn" effect (which was ThAd's third skill choice), which I thought - if ThAd had taken it - would throw SK wifom into the mix...forgetting that I'd already confirmed no third parties >_> That said, Hindu could've gained use of the extra kill, so Konowa could've become effectively a mafia doctor.
ThAd was allowed to choose NK flavour each night with the skill he chose, but again, with the confirmation of no third parties, that was probably not that useful. It was never used either.
Phil requested "Realistic Mode" after I made a joke to him in PM. In Crysis Realistic Mode, the enemies speak Korean...hence all my communications with him were in Korean. He misinterpreted the first message and thought HE had to post in Korean or face a modkill! It was quite amusing to see until it almost caused an exodus of the playerlist...
I thought CO's revelation of his Portalness was going to save him but he still got thrown into a fire :(

Overall I had great fun with the flavour, especially the prods and the little update messages :p

Okay now: as for the final day.
I've seen mods send out massprods and asking their players to post more in situations like that (slow/sparse posting) but on a theory point, do you believe the mod should do that? I felt it was my duty to prod appropriately, and when I saw how close the deadline was, I felt it necessary to remind you all, but if town - and scum - are willing to let the game go that way, is it the mod's place to interfere?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:17 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Great game, AV! Thanks for modding!!

Completely and utterly shit play on my part.
I got every scum and townread absolutely and utterly wrong.
The only exceptions were Kcad/kmd (pointless) and Hindu (pointless).

My first time ever neighborizing scum as town (based on wrong read, of course).

CoolDog's claim retraction looked like a slip, and I thought ThAd's claim detail was another proof he was town (very wrong all the way through on that).

But even though I sucked, I liked the setup and flavor. I almost wanted to be prodded to unlock all the achievements. :P
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:47 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

In post 975, AurorusVox wrote:Okay now: as for the final day.
I've seen mods send out massprods and asking their players to post more in situations like that (slow/sparse posting) but on a theory point, do you believe the mod should do that? I felt it was my duty to prod appropriately, and when I saw how close the deadline was, I felt it necessary to remind you all, but if town - and scum - are willing to let the game go that way, is it the mod's place to interfere?
imho i am against arbitrary mass prodding. prods should come only on an individual activity basis and on reasonable player request in thread. i list the deadline in every votecount i do. it is towns responsibility to understand the imminent deadline and massprodding could disrupt potential scum strategies.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:54 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Scumteam usually is trying to use that to an advantage. If the town is honestly willing to give scum that advantage then thats their problem. Unless people start asking for a mass prod then it probably shouldn't be given.

Except for the ridiculous activity cases. In which the game is dead.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:05 am

Post by Phillammon »

While I'm here, may as well do a shameless plug for Buckshot Mafia. It involves shotguns! Come get you a slot!

On a more on-topic note, great game, great modding. I apologize wholeheartedly for the issue with realistic mode, google translate was not my best friend for the joke message...
Current Losing Streak: 4 (record: 9)
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:08 am

Post by Timeater »

lost cuz hindu played like shit and all other townies beside him are borderline useless slots

scum were almost as bad the town but not by much
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:12 pm

Post by Timeater »

most* of the other townies (kanye & robo are ok)

gg av mah dahling
watch for the eggshells
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:22 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

pls timmy tell me how pretty i am and how much better at things than all the other bois i am <3
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:03 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

timeater #1 sore loser
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Equinox