Micro 640: Perfect Cherry Blossom (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 947, GreyICE wrote:
In post 943, MathBlade wrote:
In post 937, GreyICE wrote:Really I thought there was literally no way the town had a protective role left after the flips. Like no way, that's why I called it 1%.

Okay, now there's a chance the scum didn't shoot Beeboy. Fuck.

No. Scum shot Beeboy. That is the only thing that makes sense unless you believe in a micro there is another PR that redirects.

There isn't enough beer in the world for that GreyICE.

Vedith is just scum.
Beeboy is never shot by scum in a world where you're town.

Luna is town!
Beeboy is in a tunnel, dangerous in LyLo. If you shoot one of the two other townies (pick 1) there's a chance beeboy shoots (game ends) and if you don't you bring in a guy whose sole contribution all game was to complain about how boring it was, and want to shoot town. Either of them is a fine mislynch.

Luna is scum!
If Beeboy fires, then we are in 3:1 today if he isn't shot. But wait! He's a full desperado, and 2:1 is NOT game over. He gets one last shot to fire, meaning scum have to be townier than BOTH other townies. Almost impossible, and Beeboy would be confirmed town if Luna-scum died.
This is crap.

Again I already explained before.

You are not this bad GreyICE. :( I had sads.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:29 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

town-JK with scum having something to counter it is far more likely to me than the setup being that dogshit

ime gif is more the sort of mod to jack up town power than to give them nothing - see: the recently finished magical girls game for example
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:30 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 949, MathBlade wrote:Lol 2 goons v 7 townies is balanced without power.
yeah, no, your opinions on balance are invalid

17:2 is VERY SLIGHTLY scum-sided in mountainous. 17, not 7. think about that
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Lol that magical girls game would have been okay if I didn't replace into boned scum slot with all three of the scum team nailed. Would have been fun to try.

No. Vedith is scum. There is no way that much power makes it past a review board in a micro.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:31 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 950, MathBlade wrote:This is crap.

Again I already explained before.

You are not this bad GreyICE. :( I had sads.
No, it's actually exactly true. And the fact that you had an explanation prepared for the exact person the scum night killed at start of day is not exactly a point in your favor.

About a billion points against your favor honestly.

It's like "oh yes that guy that got night killed here's why it doesn't implicate me"

But that's just... really not a town reaction at all.

But now there's no guarantee the scum didn't shoot me and Beeboy didn't shoot you. Because that actually makes sense.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 952, zMuffinMan wrote:
yeah, no, your opinions on balance are invalid

17:2 is VERY SLIGHTLY scum-sided in mountainous. 17, not 7. think about that
Lol 17 townies versus 2 scum is horribly broken and batshit insane. Just .... No.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:32 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Math you're a good friend. So I'll say this once. 11 townies vs. 2 scum is balanced. We're missing two friggin lynches between that and 7:2. Two friggin lynches is a lot of lynches to be out.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:33 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

beeboy said he wasn't shooting on a town flip iirc
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:34 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I mean not mathematically balanced because muffin is really right about 17:2 about being mathematically balanced.

But this is an artifact of the fact that you're so fucking unlikely to lynch correctly at 17:2 that the first few lynches end up barely adding any percentage points at all to it.

Really 11:2 is fine mathematically with okay levels of scumhunting, but it does tend to end scum-sided... oh god this debate is really bad.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:34 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 957, zMuffinMan wrote:beeboy said he wasn't shooting on a town flip iirc
And Beeboy also said "I don't have to claim shit if it's LyLo"

And that line was true. Because if he yells "YOLO" and fires we don't get to do anything about it whether he's right or wrong.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:34 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 956, GreyICE wrote:
Math you're a good friend. So I'll say this once. 11 townies vs. 2 scum is balanced. We're missing two friggin lynches between that and 7:2. Two friggin lynches is a lot of lynches to be out.
You are a good friend too but 11 townies v 2 scum is unbalanced.

Going to bed good night all.

Lynch Vedith she is conf scum.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:35 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

it's not really debate. i've literally done the numbers on this

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p7407794
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:38 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 959, GreyICE wrote:Because if he yells "YOLO" and fires we don't get to do anything about it whether he's right or wrong.
yeah, except (a) i doubt he'd bet the game on his shot if he weren't going to shoot n1 in the first place (which he really should have done) and, (b) the possibility that a situation like this occurs where there's an alternative explanation for the death makes it a fucking dumb thing to do
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:38 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i suppose beeboy could just be that dumb. i doubt it, though
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:39 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Yeah, err... so have I. The 7:2 should be about a 30% town win percentage from memory, it's horrifically low. And a Desperado, Music Vendor and bulletproof.

I'm inclined to believe Vedith. So did Beeboy shoot. That's how this breaks down. I'm kinda leaning no. I mean he still wouldn't have to tell us shit... unless he missed and a jailkeeper caught the real bullet.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:41 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 962, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 959, GreyICE wrote:Because if he yells "YOLO" and fires we don't get to do anything about it whether he's right or wrong.
yeah, except (a) i doubt he'd bet the game on his shot if he weren't going to shoot n1 in the first place (which he really should have done) and, (b) the possibility that a situation like this occurs where there's an alternative explanation for the death makes it a fucking dumb thing to do
You still don't target a townie who has done nothing but whine and tunnel town and claim a role he never used going into LyLo. Do you? I mean admittedly Beeboy was the only person who anyone would slot as firm town I guess, so maybe you just figure he's a named townie and you might as well shoot, but I'd still rather shoot like anyone else if Luna was town and I was scum. He'd be so easy to sell on a Luna vote.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:46 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i agree shooting anyone else was better. it's literally what i've been saying since the start of the day. it's part of why i started entertaining the mathblade+pieguy theory

and it's what i asked mathblade to justify with his dumb "muffin+greyice" theory because there's no world where i need to kill beeboy, let alone where i need to kill beeboy with my partner cross-bussing me all game
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:49 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 778, beeboy wrote:But everyone but you will yell at me if I am wrong >.>
In post 785, beeboy wrote:Can I just shoot no one?
>.>
In post 793, beeboy wrote:On the 1% chance this isn't scum trolling I won't shoot.
i also sincerely doubt these posts come from someone who thinks, "YOLO, FUCK EVERYONE"
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:02 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I... I want to agree. But now it's not free because what if he did do that and you shot me? It's now plausible and that makes me sad.

I nearly want to divide the middle and lynch pie but I'm not sold this isn't bussing - the right play here is to bus them super hard. LyLo busses have good success rates, very good.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:03 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

if i were scum who wanted to shoot you, i'd do it with my own hands and then piss all over your corpse while im at it

no offense
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:14 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

plus i would have just shot you n1 and laughed hysterically as you were powerless to stop me from the grave
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:11 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I changed my mind, Vedith is town, math is probably scum.

I'm actually starting to suspect zmuffin is the second scum, but I need to think more.

beeboy did not shoot.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:25 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i think if you really thought i was scum, you'd have more than just that to say about it
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

2v17 is with random voting.

You will NEVER see a 2x17 submitted here or it is terribad.

Ugh and then there is more of the bussing bullshit that makes my skin crawl ewwwwww
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:27 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 960, MathBlade wrote:Lynch Vedith she is conf scum.
Funny that you call me confirmed scum after I say we should lynch you.
Can't remember if I voted you but just encase.

VOTE: math
I claim scum \o/

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”