Newbie 1,304 (Game over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:12 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

how the hell have i been acting out of character? seriously? lynch me for all I care but you are completely wrong in that regard so I think its a bullshit answer. I have played the same game I have all game.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:12 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

leviathan93 (3): zabriel, uctriton00, Thor665
zabriel (3): penguin_alien, Edosurist, leviathan93
Not voting (1): theslimer3

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.

Day 3 ends in (expired on 2013-01-11 14:41:02).
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:26 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

One does not know the outer appearance of his actions to others. Only the knowledge of his actions in his own eyes.

If you know you're not acting normal, then it is something you can control. (or an outside factor that you are aware of that you cannot change)
You don't know, thus you can't control it. I'm not calling it scummy though. Just letting you know.

So tell me Levi, if I lynched you for this reason would you hold this against me?
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:29 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

By the way I'll automatically Jail whoever hammers either, so scum be advised
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:37 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

honestly yes. I would hold it against you. if there was better reason honestly i would understand. but since i haven't been playing differently and i would really like some evidence and reasonings that I have. i guess I can't control it then if i am acting differently.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:41 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

plus you will be the one who hammers slimer. =P can't jail yourself. also I am wondering about thor making it so there are two people to hammer. that makes it take off the burden of who dies but also hightens the possibility of hammering town. both zabriel and I could be town and scum is probably really liking this situation if we both are.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:47 pm

Post by Thor665 »

If you're both town it makes no never mind which one of you is lynched.
I also am rather sure that Zab is town, therefore I'd much rather someone who wasn't Zab be lynched.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:56 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

all my scum reads point to zab. and your making it possible for two people to get lynched gives me scummy vibes. i really doubt that is a town move trying to lynch two people. it shouldn't be an either or move of who to lynch. it should be a who you think is scum or could possibly be scum based on their actions in the game. if we are both town it DOES make a "no never mind to who is lynched" coming from a bad grammar kind of point. if we are both town then that means scum is sliding easily by and that shouldn't be allowed to happen. you cant go into the game being "oops we lynched town, i will try better next time". no. you act differently and vote who you think is scum not who you think can be lynched. thats what scum are trying to do and thats what should be observed.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:07 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

If we lynch him and he flips scum will you take that blow to your town cred?
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:08 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

Town*

Sorry, I'm posting and reading while talking
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:29 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

lynch who? zab or thor? zab flips scum then I will be like damn! finally we got him. if he lynches town then I will be like fuck. that means scum is hiding better then I could ever think and have a hard time thinking who would be my next target because I believe UCT and slimer to be town, probably for the rest of the game because of their claims i'm town. so that would leave thor, edo, and penguin to be possible scum. thor is helpful, but as i have said before I will never be able to catch him if he is scum or not unless we just lynch him to find out or jailing occurs. so i dont know for certain there. edo seems town to me at this point. pretty certain of that fact. and penguin has seemed helpful but i still don't know. he would be my second target if not for zabriel. i claim no responsibility of my skills at pointing at someone and if they are scum or not. they are just really strong gut reads at the moment since I have never been much for being good at persuasive arguments.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:31 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

if I am wrong then I will take any blow to my town cred and i can be the next lynch if im not dead during the night. no its not a martyr thing its an I'm obviously in a tight spot and know I am innocent but since y'all dont believe me i'm willing to make up for your suspicions here with it being later.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:42 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 957, leviathan93 wrote:all my scum reads point to zab. and your making it possible for two people to get lynched gives me scummy vibes. i really doubt that is a town move trying to lynch two people. it shouldn't be an either or move of who to lynch. it should be a who you think is scum or could possibly be scum based on their actions in the game.

You have noticed that I called Zab likely town, right?
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:49 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

of course and that is why i slightly have a problem with it. not just because he is my major scum read at the moment, but also because likely town sounds like a scum trying to put a confirmed town read on someone else to lynch someone else. it bugs me a little. had you said just plain. I think hes more town then leviathan than it would have been better. but likely town is not just that you think he is town but like a confirmed likely town and more town then scum. it bugs me. simple as that.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:21 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I don't even understand how that is an issue.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:34 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

What do you say, Thor? Hammer Levy?
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:42 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

either your playing dumb or I don't know. its an issue because if someone puts a confirmed town claim on someone else that they are innocent even if they actually are it does two things. 1. if the claimed person is scum then it protects them until the rest still believe they made enough mistakes that they will lynch them anyway and find out the truth. this provides a problem because the person who initially gave them the town read could be seen as scum and lynched regardless. if they actually turn out to be town the same thing happens. the person who made the claim is seen as scum and lynched. This is what i think is happening to you because I know myself to be town. and i don't know for certain is zabriel is. therefore I think you are kind of scummy at the moment even if you aren't. especially for making slimer take the fall for making the decision of lynching either of us. if he is truly town which I think he is, he won't know which one to pick and therefore probably pick wrong given the situation even if both of us are town. i think its wrong to make two options to hammer. twice as likely to lynch a townie and i see no necessarily likely chance to lynch a scum. i want to know whether or not zabriel is scum and if he isn't then my reads are not as great as they could be. I have been wondering that all game, because of his lurkerness in the beginning. and don't have many other scummy reads on anyone else really.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:53 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'll agree two lynches is more likely to have a townie as a lynch option.
It is also more likely to have scum as a lynch option.

Whatever choice Slimer makes is, if he's town, no more or less inherently prone to failure than any of the votes on either you or Zab. It takes two to Tango and it takes plurality to lynch, and every vote matters.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:57 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

I disagree with the fact that it is more likely to lynch scum as well. in theory yes, but not in practice. especially in this option when I confirm myself to myself to be town and am one of the victims in this situation. to me, the only way there is any possibility to lynch scum in this situation is if zabriel is scum and we lynch him. if he is not scum which apparently you believe rather strongly then I believe there is no possibility of lynching scum. however, if you say that this is just all part of the game and needs to happen to prove who is or who is not scum then i concede. slimer lynch me.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:07 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

Alright I'll do it. Post your reads first
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:08 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

Don't want the mod rudely cutting this moment off
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:27 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

haha, lol. even in my death I need to offer some helpful advice. :mrgreen: I will do it inform of a last word's speech. =)

My fellow villagers, it has been an honor to be in this village with you. Though scum has plagued our poor village by causing us to turn on one another and those of us we once thought friend. First we lose our poor old innocent friend Vintermute. He was my cousin you know. came here to become a simple shoemaker from the island of tortuga. He had a lovely wife karen who die from the plague before she could give him children so alas he was never really well since here death. When his death came upon us I figured he had even betrayed us, but i knew once he was dead that he was innocent and the scum still remained among us. I took it upon myself to try to honor his death and find out who was responsible for this mayhem in our beloved town. Night came and I know we were all scared in our beds, but fortunately nothing happened and we all could hold our loved ones close. Still, As councilmen we decided it was still our duty to be preemptive in our efforts to catch the scum and rout them from our town. A lynch with no help was decided. We chose Mirhawk for that lynch. He was my friend and I disagreed with his lynch from the beginning because I couldn't believe what y'all were saying about him. He came every day to teach my daughter to read before the plauge took her from me as well. SO I thought him friend. As I watched him be lynched and it turned out how deep his connections were to the mafia, fear gripped my heart and I was scared. Scared because of how dark of a person he was inside and that any one of you could be the next scum. people I thought my friends. I became cautious and nervous. untrustful of y'all! The next night was even more scary thinking one of you that I knew well would come in and kill me before I died. But fortunately again for all of us. No one was killed during the night. I guess the doctor Uctriton was working his magic or Slimer as the jailer worked his to protect us. This means you edosurist, you thor, you zabriel, you penguin, could be the possible scum left. zabriel you have always seemed a bit odd lurking in the beginning once you first got to this town. I never considered you the most trustful person, but then again. I trusted Mirhawk so much and look how he turned out to be. You seem the scummiest but maybe you are just and odd fellow who likes to just be by yourself. Then there is YOU penguin. You are the second scummiest I know. You seem so helpful and friendly showing the village kids your birds and how you love them so. penguins are your favorite. the kids of this village have never seen penguins before and the parents trust you enough. maybe this is something to be cautious of....since mirhawk earned my trust so well...THOR you are next with your authoritarian attitude coming in here and trying to run things your way. I knew your father Odin and he would never have treated those around you like you treat us no matter how wealthy your family is. But again. Maybe that isn't so scummy an action to do. maybe its just your attitude. if it is, my apologies and with my death may you forgive me. and last but not least you edosurist. Your wife was a nice lady. i'm sorry the plague took her as well. and I know things are hard on your family at the moment. That is why i would be wondering if you indeed sold your soul for some money in return for this town...you are last on my list but still there nonetheless. and with this, I concede my death. I'm wish all y'all a merry christmas and understand what needs to be done. farewell brothers! =)
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:43 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

Well, that was... Unique.
Even though you failed my test, I'll chose to not hammer you after all.
Listening to what you said, it sounded a bit too much
Like a farewell, but this is your first game on MS, isn't it?

Nice to know such a thing. This game will probably be the base of your meta.
Openly, it's extremely scummy to be anti-town, but allow me to become the scum once more this game.
Listen to my words people of the town, I have a proposal.
You can turn me down, or you can try to see my point here.
Notably, a large amount of you think I am lying about my role. You may kill me in 3 days is my proposal.
Can we all lynch Edo? It's all I request.
Here me out. I promise to allow myself to go out in or before 3 days. Even the day after.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:55 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

wow...that just totally killed my dramatic death as town. still don't know how i failed though or what I could have done to succeed in the first place. I would have given my reads anyways. and yes technically my first started game on mafia. though I disagree with it being the base of my meta. actually scratch that. i have no idea what i'm saying giving my thoughts on that comment. i don't believe i'm anti town in the first place. people are just calling me that. and i believe you are telling the truth about your role because of the frustration i'm assuming you feel from people not believing you. i really doubt scum feel much frustration in the matter of the game. I didn't in my major scum game. i dont' know much about lynching edo, but i understand it as a point. he seems town, but then again so did mirhawk. there was a little tension there that could have been to throw us off, but im not necessarily sure. if zabriel isn't scum then again. Id probably look at penguin. but im not sure. especially why im being given my life back.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:14 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

Take this hint: everything I'll ever say is a psychological test to see how you'll react

I don't really believe in "What you say indicates that you are scum."
I believe in "While I'm here, I might as well fuck with you"

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”