Micro 904: Radja's Story Episode 1 - GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:47 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 924, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 921, Enter wrote:
In post 920, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 917, Enter wrote:Although to be fair, people don't really tunnel anymore. I don't think I've seen a tunnel in a while, either. Most play these days seems to be more involved in making yourself look towny than finding and lynching scum.
I think e was definitely death tunneling me in such a way that almost seemed to border on gaslighting. That’s why I was so sure e had to be scum, based specifically on the way e went about it. Twilight didn’t really help too much either. The next day e did a lot better minus the whole “the case on Amrun was trash” thing, excepted.
That's possible.
Reading him and trying to make sense of his posts after I was dead was bad enough that I just had to stop trying to keep up with the game, so after a while I simply skimmed everything and ignored his posts.
Yeah, I learned that the hard way. Everytime I tried to engage EM, people doubted their tr on me. I was so extremely confused by it, it temporarily really badly messed with my head outside of the game. I’m just really grateful that my extreme temporary confusion didn’t mess up a really terrific friendship I had, because I was seriously that messed up over that.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:22 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

I was strongly considering scum!Gamma during the night so you got lucky there tbh :v
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 918, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 915, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 888, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 877, Amrun wrote:I should have claimed some type of gated tracker, or just VT. It was an error on my part. :)
Yeah, you totally fucked yourself with that. :lol:
I guess, I should have considered bussing as a possibility specifically because of that.

Chemist dying over confitown Uncrowned, also threw me but he was obviously killed to frame Zenith, so brilliant move there, Gamma.
I p much decided whether to kill Chemist on what I thought he could do to harm my ability to win if left him alive a full vigilante versus being flipped as full vigilante
I felt like in the former scenario he and Zenith could have gotten into an interaction that would have made Zenith obvtown
Had Uncrowned died, I might have possibly reconsidered my Zenith read because it really made no sense for him to have killed Uncrowned over Chemist. Chemist wasn’t targeting you and you had to know that game was ending either that night or the following day, so if your goal was not exactly to frame Zenith, then that seems counterintuitive, as Chemist was no longer a threat to you and was possible mislynchbait.
THe issue was I had to block Chemist in case he had another shot, otherwise Zenith goes before I want him to and it’s down to you and me as suspects, and idk how well I would have fared in that scenario. So I had to weigh the two universes of “dead full vig Chemist” and “still living full vig Chemist” (one shot was not an issue because Zenith couldn’t have the reaction I was planning around) and the former seemed less risky just based on that evaluation
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 917, Enter wrote:Although to be fair, people don't really tunnel anymore. I don't think I've seen a tunnel in a while, either. Most play these days seems to be more involved in making yourself look towny than finding and lynching scum.
I think e was definitely death tunneling me in such a way that almost seemed to border on gaslighting. That’s why I was so sure e had to be scum, based specifically on the way e went about it. Twilight didn’t really help too much either. The next day e did a lot better minus the whole “the case on Amrun was trash” thing, excepted.
Yeah I was 99% certain of the win when Zenith put on that twilight performance
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:44 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That's possible.
Reading him and trying to make sense of his posts after I was dead was bad enough that I just had to stop trying to keep up with the game, so after a while I simply skimmed everything and ignored his posts.
Yeah, I learned that the hard way. Everytime I tried to engage him, people doubted their tr on me. I was so extremely confused by it, it temporarily really badly messed with my head outside of the game. I’m just really grateful that my extreme temporary confusion didn’t mess up a really terrific friendship I had, because I was seriously that messed up over that.
If this friendship is your friendship with Jingle I’m real glad you managed to keep that intact after a taxing hydra game, I remember in DND mafia RC and Keychain has a falling out while hydra’ed that caused Keychain to rep out
<Embrace The Void>

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:50 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I normally don't like when people jump in to comment on games they didn't play, bc I know being in the game changes how you view everything, but I was reading along for both phases of MYLO and I think you all are being unfair to Zenith here. There's a lot of funky scum roles that could counter town power, RC mentioned bus driver, you could also have a Ninja making the kills. I won a micro once as an SK using a vig claim so Chem wasn't like especially cleared as town either. I wouldn't place the blame entirely on Zenith for thinking the case on Amrun wasn't great from a pure setup spec perspective and I think it's kinda hypocritical to tell em he needs to learn from his mistakes without also acknowledging your own, and my view in mafia is any time you have voted a mislynch then you have made a mistake (barring scenarios where the mislynch is necessary in PoE solving the game).
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:53 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

sorry Zenith, tell em to learn from eir mistakes*
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:03 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 927, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 918, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 915, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 888, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 877, Amrun wrote:I should have claimed some type of gated tracker, or just VT. It was an error on my part. :)
Yeah, you totally fucked yourself with that. :lol:
I guess, I should have considered bussing as a possibility specifically because of that.

Chemist dying over confitown Uncrowned, also threw me but he was obviously killed to frame Zenith, so brilliant move there, Gamma.
I p much decided whether to kill Chemist on what I thought he could do to harm my ability to win if left him alive a full vigilante versus being flipped as full vigilante
I felt like in the former scenario he and Zenith could have gotten into an interaction that would have made Zenith obvtown
Had Uncrowned died, I might have possibly reconsidered my Zenith read because it really made no sense for him to have killed Uncrowned over Chemist. Chemist wasn’t targeting you and you had to know that game was ending either that night or the following day, so if your goal was not exactly to frame Zenith, then that seems counterintuitive, as Chemist was no longer a threat to you and was possible mislynchbait.
THe issue was I had to block Chemist in case he had another shot, otherwise Zenith goes before I want him to and it’s down to you and me as suspects, and idk how well I would have fared in that scenario. So I had to weigh the two universes of “dead full vig Chemist” and “still living full vig Chemist” (one shot was not an issue because Zenith couldn’t have the reaction I was planning around) and the former seemed less risky just based on that evaluation
In post 929, Gamma Emerald wrote:
That's possible.
Yeah, I learned that the hard way. Everytime I tried to engage him, people doubted their tr on me. I was so extremely confused by it, it temporarily really badly messed with my head outside of the game. I’m just really grateful that my extreme temporary confusion didn’t mess up a really terrific friendship I had, because I was seriously that messed up over that.
If this friendship is your friendship with Jingle I’m real glad you managed to keep that intact after a taxing hydra game, I remember in DND mafia RC and Keychain has a falling out while hydra’ed that caused Keychain to rep out
No but I don’t really want to discuss it here, the point is that I was a complete mess because of it and it affected my behaviour in very disturbing ways, because I was literally doubting my own mind, just like in the actual move.

We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:19 am

Post by Radja »

"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:30 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 901, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 900, Enter wrote:Rarely can you point to two specific points in the game and say "if, at these two points, something had gone differently, the game would have gone differently."

Both town lynches are arguably largely your fault. If you had posted L-1 when you voted me, and if you hadn't opposed the Amrun push when you admit to not knowing what was happening, I doubt either of us would have gotten lynched.
Could you also include Haggle vig in that as well?
You dont think we should have been vigged? You don't think we'd have been a distraction all game?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:32 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 913, Zenith wrote:If I were to post this somewhere else on site, you don't think anyone could balance this setup?
The issue wasn't that it was impossible to balance. The issue was that the idea it was a balanced setup with those particular roles was a crazy far fetched one and thus very unlikely.

Similarly, from our PoV there were 2 scum in {Amrun/Gamma/You}, so evaluating past "Wow, that claim is super scummy." doesn't really matter at that point.

The fact that the case could have been wrong doesn't make it not a strong case, or there would never be strong cases.
RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 913, Zenith wrote:Odd Night Cop
Bodyguard
Tracker
1-shot Vig
3x VT

Vs any 2 scum roles. Bastard roles allowed.

If I were to post this somewhere else on site, you don't think anyone could balance this setup?
Bus Driver
Goon
First of all, the Bodyguard is significantly more powerful than a normal bodyguard. Second of all that's an awful setup. :P
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:33 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 934, Billy Pilgrim wrote:You dont think we should have been vigged? You don't think we'd have been a distraction all game?
I think you were a fine vig.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:37 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 934, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 900, Enter wrote:Rarely can you point to two specific points in the game and say "if, at these two points, something had gone differently, the game would have gone differently."

Both town lynches are arguably largely your fault. If you had posted L-1 when you voted me, and if you hadn't opposed the Amrun push when you admit to not knowing what was happening, I doubt either of us would have gotten lynched.
You dont think we should have been vigged? You don't think we'd have been a distraction all game?
It’s more the fact that Chemist used his ONLY vigshot on you but why did you guys hammer like that? Why not wait for Enter to claim?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:45 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 936, Bingle wrote:
In post 934, Billy Pilgrim wrote:You dont think we should have been vigged? You don't think we'd have been a distraction all game?
I think you were a fine vig.
Yeah, I thought we were fine. Once Chemist claimed it I was like, yup, that makes sense. My accidental hammer was a boneheaded move, so eating a bullet made sense.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:11 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 934, Billy Pilgrim wrote:

I think my point may have been understood btw. I was only including in addition to the Enter/Zenith mislynches, because it happened as a direct result of it.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:33 am

Post by Bingle »

TBC, I don't blame Zen for the loss. D1 was a shitshow on the part of all the townplayers, Gamma played a fine scumgame that didn't make me want to reevaluate there, and the only reason we were even in contention for winning was because all of town's surviving PRs managed to synergize crazy well N1. D1 ended way too fast. My proposed mass flavorclaim took way more of a centerstage position than it should have (it was intended solely to propel us out of RVS, but somehow managed to be a major talking point). Amrun made a minor mistake with the claim and a major one by not fighting back on the push, and we trusted Gamma a bit too much. Enter also had his fair share of :lolwut: posting, for example afaik his contribution to Perfect Masquerade was a mutual suicide with RC that killed 4 town players. I was in that game, and replaced into a scum slot with no dead partners after Enter was already dead, so his claims there were particularly eyebrow raising for me.

tl;dr This was a well deserved scum win, and a fine setup. Thanks for the game Radja and sorry I was V/LA for the end of it. I'm glad it got run and it was a fine setup. The flavor was pretty good too and I look forward to seeing how the story unfolds. :]
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:36 am

Post by Amrun »

^ Overall agree.

Had my scum partner been someone in jeopardy, I would have fought back tooth and nail. I sat down and looked at my associatives and realized if I cleared a mislynch trying to save myself, we’d be screwed.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:44 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 941, Amrun wrote:^ Overall agree.

Had my scum partner been someone in jeopardy, I would have fought back tooth and nail. I sat down and looked at my associatives and realized if I cleared a mislynch trying to save myself, we’d be screwed.
I respectfully disagree with my hydra partner. Yes, we both though Gamma looked super obvtown here but the specific way in which Zenith death tunnelled my slot, I have only experienced from scum, so imo. it was a combination of Gamma acting super obvtown and Zenith being over the top scummy - particularly in the way e went about death tunneling me plus Gamma NKing Chemist over Uncrowned. I think an Uncrowned NK would have absolutely forced me to re-evaluate my Zenith/Gamma reads. Ironically had Uncrowned not wrongly pegged our slot, as the other possibility for scum and sheeped Zenith on Gamma, that might possibly have lead to a no lynch and since Zenith was looking arguably more townie on D2, maybe it could have possibly made a difference? Well, we’ll obviously never know, since it didn’t happen.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:39 am

Post by Enter »

In post 940, Bingle wrote:My proposed mass flavorclaim took way more of a centerstage position than it should have
This part was particularly ridiculous.

As far as Perfect Masquerade is concerned, the fact that up until Radiant Cowbells decided to throw all effort out the window that was the most controlled and coordinated town game I've ever been a part of and I think it had a very major part to do with my play. I think you're throwing a lot of shade for not being there and I'm telling you you're completely fucking wrong if you think that my contribution to that game can be summed up in a policy lynch on RadiantCowbells.

My town game that game was probably some of the best I've ever had and what I hope to play with in every game. I will fight you on this tooth and fucking nail if I have too, I'm pretty sick of this "reads are all that matter" bullshit. You weren't there and it looks like you're tossing conjecture on shit you skimmed. Come at me or fuck off.
is cancelled. Apologies to all who signed up.[/color]
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:17 pm

Post by Bingle »

The game was decided by a LYLO with a bunch of replacements who hadn't read the part of the game you were in. You could have played the game amazingly outside of the 1v1 with RCbells. I wouldn't know having not read that part. Your contribution to the townwin was minimal FMPOV, and your
In post 332, Enter wrote:I think every player in perfect Masquerade would disagree with you, and considering you didn't play...
Raised all sorts of alarm bells because of it. :shrug:
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:28 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I'd like to pre in for the next episode if possible.

I'll play my more usual active style bc the one I tried this game was... ughh
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 945, Uncrowned wrote:I'd like to pre in for the next episode if possible.

I'll play my more usual active style bc the one I tried this game was... ughh
I would not be opposed to trying to hydra with you that game
<Embrace The Void>

Zenith
Zenith
Goon
Zenith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:21 am

Post by Zenith »

Just for the record, I wanted to lynch Gamma at the end there. Which, if town had gone along with me on that, would have resulted in town win. JS
=p
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:38 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 947, Zenith wrote:Just for the record, I wanted to lynch Gamma at the end there. Which, if town had gone along with me on that, would have resulted in town win. JS
=p
True. I wasn’t really clear why you switched to Gamma over us who you were death tunneling the day before.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:40 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I would also like to pre-in for the next one. Not sure yet if I’ll play solo or in a hydra.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”