Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:42 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

stark, you need to re-read more carefully. Guardian was dropping fake cop tells at the beginning of the game, pretending that he had a guilty result on Sly Sly. He admitted this. That is why I said I wanted to lynch Sly Sly - (a) to signal to Guardian that I had picked up on his hint, and (b) to take some of the attention away from Guardian, who was being too obvious I thought.

When Guardian asked to explain why I was onto Sly Sly, I said that I would do so only if he insisted (because it would involve blowing his cover). Guardian then admitted that he had been trying to con the Town into thinking he was the Cop with a guilty on Sly Sly, so not surprisingly we lynched him.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:45 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

lord_hur wrote:Okay. I am confirmed town.
Well, there are such things as Scum masons -- did SL say that his role PM confirmed that you were Town?
lord_hur wrote:The setup looks clear now on the scum side : extraordinary powers (ending a day ? OMFG). With this kind of stuff, it is impossible that they are more than 2.
Seriously? The Town started the game with a pair of masons and a doc, and we don't know what other roles. Do you really think that the Scum would have only 2 players against a town with several power roles? I don't see this as feasible.

This may be significant because if there were 3 Scum, then one of them must be dead by now (else we would have lost already). So unless a vig wants to admit killing kabenon or strife, then it seems to me that Guardian must be scum.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:25 am

Post by lord_hur »

Mr Stoofer wrote:
lord_hur wrote:Okay. I am confirmed town.
Well, there are such things as Scum masons -- did SL say that his role PM confirmed that you were Town?
Yes he said so. Second to last post.
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:36 am

Post by stark »

Mr Stoofer wrote:stark, you need to re-read more carefully. Guardian was dropping fake cop tells at the beginning of the game, pretending that he had a guilty result on Sly Sly. He admitted this. That is why I said I wanted to lynch Sly Sly - (a) to signal to Guardian that I had picked up on his hint, and (b) to take some of the attention away from Guardian, who was being too obvious I thought.

When Guardian asked to explain why I was onto Sly Sly, I said that I would do so only if he insisted (because it would involve blowing his cover). Guardian then admitted that he had been trying to con the Town into thinking he was the Cop with a guilty on Sly Sly, so not surprisingly we lynched him.

Maybe it's just me and my tunnel vision, man, but that can be read exactly the same way as:

Stoofer scum sees Guardian scum's gambit.

Guardian is playing very badly.

Stoofer signals to Guardian: "Stop that."

Guardian continues to play badly.

Stoofer busses Guardian.

But maybe I'm not being fair.
On a scale from 1 to Obvscum, how sure are you that Guardian was a Hebrew?

Because, assuming this game runs on standard 3 vs. 9 format, according to you, we've lynched one scum already, which would mean that we can afford a miss-lynch. And right now, in my mind, unless you have seen something I've missed, no scummier candidate than your self comes to mind. However, I would be thrilled to see your insights.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:02 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Mr Stoofer wrote:
lord_hur wrote:The setup looks clear now on the scum side : extraordinary powers (ending a day ? OMFG). With this kind of stuff, it is impossible that they are more than 2.
Seriously? The Town started the game with a pair of masons and a doc, and we don't know what other roles. Do you really think that the Scum would have only 2 players against a town with several power roles? I don't see this as feasible.
What you aren't seeing is that we've already seen a number of things stacked against the town, so I really don't think it's a stretch to believe there could only be two scum.

Partial-reveal is definitely not helping the town any and it could actually nullify the benefits of a mason. We don't know why Singing Librarian's role was revealed; it could have been random luck. Any mechanic that causes day to end without a lynch is also not pro-town.

Lord_Hur - I'm not necessarily trying to shut down discussion of the mechanics, but I'm trying to make sure we focus on hunting scum. We don't know how many scum there are or if we've even killed any yet. I just don't see how talking about whether the day ending suddenly is a random event or scum driven will help us find scum.

Vote: Mr Stoofer
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:23 am

Post by stark »

From what I've seen, we have a very powerful mafia on our hands, so I don't think that a 2 person scum group is unreasonable.

Also, I'm no bibliologist, but if you look at the story, unless undo threw in "random Hebrew Goon", the only
people there were Moses and his brother.

I totally support a Stoofer lynch today, but first I think we should hear from him more first. You also haven't defended your reasoning for not entertaining Musher's doc claim.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:38 am

Post by lord_hur »

stark wrote:Maybe it's just me and my tunnel vision, man, but that can be read exactly the same way as:

Stoofer scum sees Guardian scum's gambit.

Guardian is playing very badly.

Stoofer signals to Guardian: "Stop that."

Guardian continues to play badly.

Stoofer busses Guardian.

But maybe I'm not being fair.
Hmm I don't see it as a plausible scenario :

1. How often do you see scum bussing mid day 1 ?

2. Guardian/Mr Stoofer exchange looked genuine to me.

3. Mr Stoofer was the only one who picked up on Guardian by then. He could just have waited to see how his gambit developped.

4. I really think that Guardian was town. Scum would have to be completely stupid to fake being a cop. What good could he hope to get out of it except being an obvious target for the real cop ? At least the miller explanation made a little sense : getting NKed is the best miller can hope for, as he's less valuable than any other role.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:40 am

Post by lord_hur »

And yes, no more votes please : I'm not completely sure he's scum, and he's nearly in insta-hammer range.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:57 am

Post by lord_hur »

HackerHuck wrote:Lord_Hur - I'm not necessarily trying to shut down discussion of the mechanics, but I'm trying to make sure we focus on hunting scum. We don't know how many scum there are or if we've even killed any yet. I just don't see how talking about whether the day ending suddenly is a random event or scum driven will help us find scum.
There are good reasons to discuss game mechanisms in my opinion. Determining whether the setup was made with 2 or 3 scums is important. There is also another important element about it, in my opinion, but I will not talk about it right now.
HackerHuck wrote:
Vote: Mr Stoofer
Just a hard vote ? No reasons ?
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:01 am

Post by lord_hur »

I'd like a prod on SeraphicMirth please
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:15 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

the only 2 people there were Moses and his brother
Where are you getting that from? I can't see it in the Opening Post.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:13 am

Post by SeraphicMirth »

No prod needed, I'm here. Though, as I've mentioned previously, I have limited access all summer so you probably should give me more time before asking for prods..its been like 1 day? I didn't go to school yesterday so I wasn't able to get online.

Anyway, I'm down with this Stoofer line of thinking. I have no idea about anyone really so exploring any player is a good thing IMO, just to see what comes up. I guess the number of players alive is getting much smaller so I will take a closer look tomorrow, my time is limited again today. I apologize! Promise I will post some questions or something tomorrow.
"One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:28 am

Post by undo »

I inform you that I will be away until Saturday. Sorry for any inconvenience. Feel free to post your own votecounts, if you find it necessary.

Thank you for your comprehension.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:41 am

Post by hasdgfas »

stark: you seem to be making a lot of guesses as to the setup. What made you decide to come in and start out with a lot of setup speculation when nobody else had really any ideas? It gives me pause, because while all of it is quite plausible, I wonder how someone who had just come in could come up with all of these really plausible ideas unless they knew a little something about the setup.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:49 am

Post by lord_hur »

SeraphicMirth wrote:No prod needed, I'm here. Though, as I've mentioned previously, I have limited access all summer so you probably should give me more time before asking for prods..its been like 1 day? I didn't go to school yesterday so I wasn't able to get online.
Err... Actually, 8 days.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:33 am

Post by stark »

Mr Stoofer wrote:
the only 2 people there were Moses and his brother
Where are you getting that from? I can't see it in the Opening Post.
Biblical Speculation. I also took the trouble of looking up the plagues of Egypt on Wikipedia. I noticed that the only two people dealing out plagues were Moses and his brother. Which led me to support the theory that there are only two scum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagues_of_egypt
hasdgfas wrote:stark: you seem to be making a lot of guesses as to the setup. What made you decide to come in and start out with a lot of setup speculation when nobody else had really any ideas? It gives me pause, because while all of it is quite plausible,
I wonder how someone who had just come in could come up with all of these really plausible ideas unless they knew a little something about the setup.
I'm trying to contribute and further the game, Has.

Do you remember what happened when you all lynched someone for speculating about the setup? Because that's exactly what I'm doing; only speculating.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

I really didn't like Musher's claim for a number of reasons. At a high level, it seemed like a poorly thought out fake claim. He did the slow reveal, couldn't remember what he had said about it, and then didn't even offer up his name until prompted.

Who did we lynch for speculating about the setup?
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:48 pm

Post by lord_hur »

HackerHuck wrote:I really didn't like Musher's claim for a number of reasons. At a high level, it seemed like a poorly thought out fake claim. He did the slow reveal, couldn't remember what he had said about it, and then didn't even offer up his name until prompted.

Who did we lynch for speculating about the setup?
I think he's mixing things up. I and, to a much lesser extent, PyroDwarf (stark's first incarnation) were the only ones who tried to speculate on the setup. We both are still here (but the speculation was halted alright).
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:03 am

Post by stark »

Yes, you're right hur. My mistake.

What I meant was accusing people of knowing more about the setup because of their speculation has not brought possitive results.

I understand what you're saying HH, but he
did
claim doc. And I agree, his claim was super suspect, but he should have atleast been unvoted before lynching him.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:09 am

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Not really gonna argue this but it wasn't 8 days because 4 of those were lost to that daytime plague thing. So..whatever. I meant that it had been 1 day since that lifted.

I feel really pressured to contribute and I don't have much to say, and my limited time also doesn't help that because I don't have time to really read through and think critically. So I think I might need a replacement. I'll keep checking in and if anything catches my eye that I want to comment on I will, but probably if you can get a replacement that'd be best.
"One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

stark wrote:I understand what you're saying HH, but he
did
claim doc. And I agree, his claim was super suspect, but
he should have atleast been unvoted before lynching him.
What are you trying to say in the part I italicised?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:30 am

Post by stark »

I'm saying that regardless of the fishy-ness of his claim, Musher did claim doc. And because of the claim, the people voting him, namely Mr. Stoofer, should have atleast entertained the possibility that he was town.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:07 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

the people voting him, namely Mr. Stoofer
Er... didn't a majority of players vote to lynch Musher???

stark, it is very easy for you to say with hindsight that we shouldn't have lynched Musher. But he was acting very scummy, and the mere fact that he claimed to be the doc did not prove anything (especially since a number of players had died without their roles being revealed). I don't understand why, just because he claimed to be the Doc (and in a very unconvincing way, too) we should have given him a free pass. I don't think it is at all surprising that
most people in this game
continued to believe he was scum.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:15 am

Post by stark »

I'm not saying he should have gotten a free pass. If I were in the game then, I probably would have lynched him too.

What I'm saying is that before lynching him, the wagon should have been disolved, the claim discussed, and if the town was still unconvinced, then he should have been lynched.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:48 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Isn't that what happened?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”