farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 10:34 am

Post by farside22 »

I will be blunt. I don't have time to read through, but I loved this game enough to remember things.
1) holy didn't vote for Nocmen during the time that (whoever nocmen replaced) was being an idiot. She thought it was an easy lynch and stayed off.
-1 against nocmen
2) nocmen's moment of clarity day 2 and then apparent forgetfulness on the same day.
Now I saw Glork was for Nocmen, but kept defending him as believing his condition. The next day Glork acted funny. Would scum pretend to be having problems. Absolutely. Glork proved as much.
Agreed there is nightmare scum, but would scum pretend to have nightmares to shy off people from voting. Why not?

@gorckat. my one issue with your claim is there is no proof. A brain inventor is interesting, but I haven't had anything sent to me or stated any brain problems. You would think that if you are throwing someone's name in a machine something would happen to that person. Did you ever find out what it is you do exactly or ask the Mod about it?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 11:13 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Day 5 Vote Count: With 3 alive, it will take 2 votes to lynch.

Not Voting: Nocmen, gorckat, farside22
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by gorckat »

I'm not a "
Brain
Inventor"- I'm the "Brainy Inventor".

I did ask and was never given confirmation of anything.

Still haven't gotten your role name clarified, farside.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 6:14 am

Post by farside22 »

gorckat wrote:I'm not a "
Brain
Inventor"- I'm the "Brainy Inventor".

I did ask and was never given confirmation of anything.

Still haven't gotten your role name clarified, farside.
I thought I clarified. I'm a lounger townie.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:20 am

Post by gorckat »

The only way for Nocmen's Day 2 insanity to be legit is if farside is also anti-town but not aligned with the scum and managed to hit the scum's NKs Nights 2 and 4, while hitting both scum Nights 1 and 3. I'm not buying that.

vote: Nocmen
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 8:34 am

Post by Nocmen »

I'll leave this all to farside.

Vote: gorckat
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 9:16 am

Post by gorckat »

And I'm scum why?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am

Post by Nocmen »

Your actions are very aggressive and during the game I have seen them as being a bit opportune.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 9:50 am

Post by farside22 »

vote: Nocmen

Too many points against Nocmen in my opinion.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 10:13 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Despite Nocmen's protests, he is strung up and lynched. gorckat and farside, expressing their relief at finally having killed the last scum, went home and slept. But all was not well. As gorckat slept he had a vision in which he was visited by farside.

"Hello, gorckat," Farside began, "thank you for helping me finish off the town. I'm sure you're aware by now that I was indeed working with the scum. In fact, I'm the worst scum of all. Glork was The Strangler and Holy was The Sadist. Do you know what I am? The Hellish Nightmare. Only the Omega Sage can stop me from torturing people from the inside, and he died early. While my fellow scum were killing during the nights, I went to houses and mentally attacked others..."

"What did you do to them?" asked gorckat.

"I targeted Rishi the first night (Night 0), but his mason partner was still alive and, well, you know what they say: Love conquers all. He was unaffected. The next night I targeted The Fonz (pete d). I filled his head with thoughts of Suicide. I made him the Suicidal Townie. Buthe was cured before he could kill himself. I believe this was your handiwork..."

"I targeted pete d the third night..."

"Yes, and you accidentally cured him, but while you did that I was hurting Nocmen, or at least trying to. He was the Calm Townie, wasn't he? I couldn't make him angry or depressed at all. His zen-like focus negated my attack. The fourth night (Night3) Glork and I fell asleep, so nothing happened. That's four nights in a row where my ability has been wasted. But on the fifth night, I was successful. Can you guess who I targeted?

"Roffman..."

"Yes, without his masonpartner alive, he was easy to scare. BUT IT BACKFIRED! He killed Glork in his rage before killing himself, leaving me the only one left. Ah, but that's all in the past. It's just me and you now, and I think you know what needs to be done..."

"I won't let you!" yelled gorckat within his own mind. "As soon as I wake up, I'm getting the hell out of town!"

"HAHAHAWAHAHA!!" bellowed farside. "I've been busy giving people nightmares and letting my goons do the killing, but didn't you think that *I* would have a way of killing as well? I've already told you why I'm known as the NIGHTMARE. Now let me show you why I'm known as the HELLISH NIGHTMARE...."

----------------

Day breaks, and farside has slept soundly. He goes to gorckat's house and enters, fully knowing what he will see. In bed lies gorckat, foaming at the mouth with eyes as wide and bulging. He is babbling and shaking terribly, his mind completely destroyed.

"Time to find a new town..." smiled farside, as he packed up and left.

Nocmen, the Calm Townie, lynched Day 5
gorckat, the Brainy Inventor, mentally destroyed Night 5
farside22, the Hellish Nightmare, survived

Role breakdown wrote:opie, "The Omega" sage
You are the mental guru extrodinaire. Your anchient wisdom will not help you to determine who is your enemy, but you do possess the mystical ability to go into people's minds during the night and give them a pleasant dream. Each night, pick one person to use your ability on. During the day you shall attempt to lynch your enemies.
Omega Sage can give good dreams to people. If he is targetted by a nightmare, he is roleblocked

gorckat (Gemelli), "The Brainy" inventor
You are the inventor. You have many impressive machines, but unfortunately you do not have a mafia-detecting machines. You do have four small machines A through D, each with the ability to input somebody's name. You may use one machine each night, and each will probably break after one use. Send your choice of machine to use and player to target during the Night phase. Lynch the scum during the day.
Devices A and C give the NIGHTMARE effect. Device B gives the Good Dream effect. Device D does nothing.
The inventor himself is unaffected by emotions

skitzer, "The Star" dancer
You are a marvelous and attractive dancer. You may use your breathtaking movements to captivate the attention of one person each night. That person will be unable to take their eyes off of you and incapable of performing any physical night action they might have. Kill scum during the day.
If the dancer targets the Nightmare, she would only sucessfully roleblock if the Nightmare was killing instead of spooking.
If the dancer targets the Sadist, the Sadist would be roleblocked, but the dancer would be tortured by the sadist, becoming afraid and stop dancing (lose her ability) and become FEARFUL WOMAN instead of DANCER
If FEARFUL WOMAN is targetted by Nightmare, she commits suicide.
If FEARFUL WOMAN is targetted by Good dream, she becomes BEAUTIFUL TOWNIE
BEAUTIFUL TOWNIE is unaffected by emotions.

Rishi, "The Catcher" mason
You are the good friend of roffman. He is perhaps the best friend you could ever have, and you even have a secret telepathic language that you can use to talk to him via Private Messaging during the night! During the day you should try to find scum and get them lynched.
CATCHER MASON is unaffected by emotions.
If Pitcher mason dies, Catcher mason becomes DEPRESSED MASON
If DEPRESSED MASON is targetted by Nightmare, he commist suicide.
If DEPRESSED MASON is targetted by Good dream, he becomes SOMBER TOWNIE
SOMBER TOWNIE is unaffected by emotions

roffman, "The Pitcher" mason
You and Rishi are masons together. You two are best of friends, and you are assured that he is not scum. You can talk to him at night using mental communications called "Private Messages". So lynch scum during the day and discuss strategy with your masonpartner at night.
PITCHER MASON is unaffected by emotions.
If catcher mason dies, Pitcher mason becomes ENRAGED MASON
If ENRAGED MASON is targetted by Nightmare, he becomes HOMICIDAL MANIAC, who must choose somebody to kill, then kills himself.
If ENRAGED MASON is targetted by Good Dream, he becomes SOMBER TOWNIE
SOMBER TOWNIE is unaffected by emotions

The Fonz
pete d
, "The No-Alibi" townie
You're a townie. You have no special abilities, no game-breaking mechanics, and no girlfriend. Also, you're ugly. Deal with it. Lynch scum during the day and shut up during the night.
If No-alibi townie is targetted by Good dream, becomes COMFORTABLE TOWNIE
COMFORTABLE TOWNIE is unaffected by emotions
If No-Alibi townie is targetted by Nightmare, becomes SUICIDAL TOWNIE
SUICIDAL TOWNIE dies if put at Lynch-1 or if he votes himself (he is unaware of this condition)
If SUICIDAL TOWNIE is targetted by Good dream, becomes COMFORTABLE TOWNIE

Dead Rikimaru (Lulubelle (SensFan)), "The Dreamer" townie
You're a townie, but you could be so much more! Like a pawn in a chess game, you have untapped potential! You could help a lot more if you weren't so unsure of yourself. Oh well, better luck next time, vanilla. Lynch scum during the day phase.
If Dreamer townie is targetted by Good Dream, he becomes Sane Doctor
If Dreamer townie is targetted by Nightmare, he becomes Quack Doctor
If Sane Doctor is targetted by Nightmare, he becomes Accomplished Townie
If Dreamer townie is targetted by Good dream, he becomes Accomplished Townie
Accomplished townie is unaffected by emotions.

Nocmen (Disciple Slayer), "The Calm" townie
You're a townie. Those disgraceful scum have entered your town. You are not angry, but you do know that it is your noble duty to eradicate them. Do what you must. Vote and lynch the mafia during the day. Do nothing at night.
Calm Townie is unaffected by emotions

angelmouse (thedragonsprincess), "The Eager" townie
You are a townie. The mafia have entered your town and you don't like it. Oh man, it'd be so awesome if you were a vigilante. Then you could totally kill off those mafia jerks. You'd probably have a few good one-liners too, like, "HASTA LA VISTA, BABY!" or "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!". That'd show 'em! It's too bad you're just a townie with no night abilities. You don't even know a 9mm pistol from a .45! The only way you can kill scum is with your vote.
If Eager townie is targetted by Good Dream, he may send an anonymous message to the mafia
Once targetted by Good Dream, Eager townie is unaffected by emotions.

farside22, "The Hellish" Nightmare
Glork (Draux), "The Strangler" Scum
Holy, "The Sadist" Scum
You three are the mafiascum that have infiltrated the town. Pretend to be pro-town during the day to avoid being lynched. Use your abilities at night. Here's how:
The Strangler kills by breaking into the victim's house and choking them to death. If performing the kill, he has the additional ability of leaving a note by the corpse's body for the town to find when day breaks.
The Sadist kills by setting fire to the victim's house. He does not have any extra abilities... that you know of.
The Hellish kills by causing such mental stress on a person that their head explodes. Isn't that awesome? However, if he is not killing, he has the impressive ability to haunt somebody and give them nightmares, which could severely impede their abilities or impair their performance.
If the Hellish Nightmare is given a Good Dream, he is roleblocked *IF* he was giving somebody a nightmare
Otherwise, the Mafia is unaffected by emotions
Night Choices wrote: Opie gives Rishi a good dream (No effect)
gorckat makes no choice
skitzer makes no choice
farside22 gives Rishi a nightmare (No effect)

Night 1
opie gives farside22 a good dream (no effect)
gorckat uses Machine A on farside, giving him a nightmare (no effect)
skitzer distracts angelmouse (no effect)
farside22 gives pete d a nightmare (makes pete d suicidal)
Glork kills opie

Night 2
Glork kills Rishi (Rishi's fellow mason roffman becomes enraged)
gorckat uses Machine B on pete d, giving him a good dream (curing him of his suicidal thoughts)
farside gives Nocman a nightmare (no effect, because Nocmen is the calm townie)

Night 3
no choices made by the mafia
gorckat uses Machine D on Dead Rikimaru, but Machine D is broken.

Night 4
Glork killed Fonz
gorckat used Machine C on Nocmen, giving him a nightmare. But Nocmen, being the badass townie, was unphased.
farside gave roffman a nightmare. Since roffman was already greiving about his lost mason buddy, he could not handle the stress and went crazy.
Roffman killed Glork and then himself
Thoughts?

I wanted to have a game where a player's status can change, but this may have been the wrong way to implement it. There was a lot going on behind the scenes that both the scum and the town were unaware of, and it's very complicated considering that if the Sage, the Nightmare, and the Inventor are killed, nobody else's status can change. I was uneasy after the Sage died the first Night, but the game turned out fine overall. Good job scum, better luck next time town.
Last edited by mikeburnfire on Fri May 16, 2008 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 10:37 am

Post by Glork »

Wowowowow.

I thought we'd lose it because we missed Night 3. I had PMed Farside and was waiting for a response from her, not realizing she was on V/LA. :?

Naturally, I didn't see the mason suicide kill coming. We gave Rishi a nightmare thinking that if he went all crazy on us, he'd "confirm" me and Noc's levels of crazy. I had a very extensive argument set up even if that didn't work, which I'm certain I could've used to convince the others that I was legit. Fortunately, we didn't need it.

Good job farside, and thanks to MBF and everyone who played.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 11:15 am

Post by Nocmen »

Damn...good job farside...each time I would look further in the thread, gorckat just looked a bit scummier...I knew I shouldn't have believed your claim right away...

Oh yea...there was no sanity issues with me.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by farside22 »

I can't believe they didn't vote for me based on my claim.
I loved the game and was wondering why roffman chose Glork as the person to kill. Good job from him!
Well Glork I was out longer then expected with my pregnancy during the time of night 3. I was worried someone would point out I wasn't around and maybe that is why no one died. Thank goodness no one noticed. :D
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by roffman »

good job scum.

my night kill was either gorckat or farside, but i accidentlly pm'ed the wrong name :(. I would never have picked glork as scummy, his fakery just seemed like way to much effort to pull off.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by farside22 »

roffman wrote:good job scum.

my night kill was either gorckat or farside, but i accidentlly pm'ed the wrong name :(. I would never have picked glork as scummy, his fakery just seemed like way to much effort to pull off.
Awesome. :lol:
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by gorckat »

Damn. Good game.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Glork »

Are. You. KIDDING. Me?

Also, I was having fun with the fake PR. I'd never faked any kind of post restriction before, but I felt that there was a lot of leeway to let loose and act ridiculous. In case nobody noticed,
I kept trying to hint at suspicions and analysis
. I was hoping that somebody would actually read carefully through what I was saying and go "Hey, Glork the player is trying to be helpful, even if Glork the character is insane. Very likely protown." Apparently nobody was paying enough attention. :/
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by Rishi »

Good job scum.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 9:32 pm

Post by roffman »

Glork wrote: Also, I was having fun with the fake PR. I'd never faked any kind of post restriction before, but I felt that there was a lot of leeway to let loose and act ridiculous. In case nobody noticed,
. I was hoping that somebody would actually read carefully through what I was saying and go "Hey, Glork the player is trying to be helpful, even if Glork the character is insane. Very likely protown." Apparently nobody was paying enough attention. :/
i must say, as helpful as u were being, anyone with a PR would be doing that. It didn't show any for or against u.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 8:16 am

Post by Glork »

roffman wrote:
Glork wrote: Also, I was having fun with the fake PR. I'd never faked any kind of post restriction before, but I felt that there was a lot of leeway to let loose and act ridiculous. In case nobody noticed,
i must say, as helpful as u were being, anyone with a PR would be doing that. It didn't show any for or against u.
I was mostly trying to make myself look good in comparison to Nocmen.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 9:35 pm

Post by Holy »

L O L !

mikeburnfire wrote:
Official Vote Count
7 votes needed to lynch

7 Holy (Glork, farside22, pete d, Nocmen, gorckat, Rishi, Lulubelle)
3 opie (roffman, angelmouse, Holy)
1 gorckat (opie)
1 pete d (skitzer)

Everybody surrounds Holy as she pleads her case. Glork grabs her and holds her down while farside22 ties her arms and legs...
Btw MBF, I like my death scene XD
Not much comment.., remembering I was scum in here, and I died early, lol.
And Glork, ah~ Glork, how could you betrayed me.. :p
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 9:56 pm

Post by Holy »

Uhuh, I must say..It broke my heart when my sweet-angelmouse was lynched, while I saw she was mentioning a good case 'bout pete'd-Glork thing :p
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 1:59 am

Post by The Fonz »

No, she was mentioning a horrific case about the pete d glork thing. It made absolutely no sense.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 2:29 am

Post by Holy »

Luls, it would be interesting to develop that probability, from the scum point of view of course, bwahaha!
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 3:46 am

Post by gorckat »

I've been thinking about this game a bit, and I think not realizing that I could be giving or preventing nightmares makes me a little salty. It's probably just my inexperience with themes and not realizing that sort of thing can go on.

The game
was
fun, and quite the nightmare in retrospect :)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”