Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:16 pm

Post by Aneninen »

@Muffin, – I agree, choosing the same number would not help the scum faction. The WIFOM generated is less gain than loss, the further we are into the game the bigger the disadvantage is, because of the lack of PRs.

@Muffin and others – uhhh, right. If someone is raging it's highly unlikely that they ask their scumbuddies via Daychat like "oh, I'm raging, can I make a ragepost right now?" Though, I still don't think Salamence was raging at all. (Or had I misread your conversation with Hershey and didn't respond to the original topic?)

@Muffin – aaaand Muffin is being Muffin here.

...aaaaand Aneninen is being Aneninen here.
Coo-coo!

(I haven't spoilered it because if I had done that, Muffin wouldn't opened it.)

_____

In post 904, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:"I expected this person to die, but b/c they didn't this OTHER person is town, so because my main scumread is dissipating I'll just vote a random lurker."
^ That is basically my reasoning on saki vote.1

I think me being jittery on elmo is just paranoia.2

I think voting regfan because he used role logic to lynch zzzx is stupid.
(post has been edited by me)
At least come up with some reason not based on him lynching zzzx that regfan would be scum.
Eight people thought that reasoning was good enough. They can't ALL be scum.

I think hephaestus's wagon all but disbanding is a little weird...4
(...)

(1) Okay, but Saki is officially on V/LA as far as I can remember. Your vote is pointless.
(2) I agree. Where were these paranoid thoughts on Day1?
(3) That's a good point. Many of us agreed with that logic, I mean, choosing an obviously scum-benefit PR means that the slot is most likely scum.
(4) It's not weird. After a long stall the players has become active again. It's no surprise that we eventually getting more reads on each other. Scumreads too.

(To be continued...)
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:12 pm

Post by Aneninen »

@Regfan, – I've read this but I have nothing to comment. I responded most of these things in my previous post (to the "other halves" for your dialogues). As for scumreading me: frankly, so far Hephaeustus has been the only one who has posted anything else but that "pushing the ZZZX" wagon bullshyt. Strange...

_____

In post 907, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 877, Aneninen wrote:@Flubber, – why do you think the Vigilante is the most useful role for both factions? I disagree with other points too
(...)

Because it's a free kill? I don't know. It's a gut thing. Setup theory is one of my weakest points. Maybe that's why I can in no way see role cop as pro town.

I must admit that I have no rational reasons but I don't like this answer.

_____

Hephaestus-mix.

– being and claiming a Vig is pretty much null, I suppose (assuming that the claim is real, of course).
– true. That would have been an unnecessary risk. Plus, Regfan's posts are not scummy at all. Plus, he had to claim VT. There is a thin chance that the latter one happened because of this logic: "I'm early in the draft with a scum PR. If I don't die early people might start think that I'm scum just because I'm alive sooooo, let's claim VT somehow..." – BUT, if Regfan had done this how the f-ck would he know where the Rolecop/Backup pair is to be searched?
– the first part is a null. As for the next part: I've just started pushing a wagon against Uctriton. And – even if it collapsed later – I had had a case against Elmo on Day1, without getting too much support for that.
– lol, I haven't noticed that. I have been thinking about it and I've found a possible explanation. This game started with a personal fight which generated unneccessary anger, in my opinion. Perhaps I wanted to "fix the things up" somehow...?
– and this vote is a WTF

My reads now: still lean scum; some of the posts were okay and/or even townish but that naked vote... ugh. I'd be happier with a Flubber or Uctriton lynch.

_____

In post 916, uctriton00 wrote:
In post 908, Flubbernugget wrote:why Anatole/ZZZX shouldn't be lynched.

I wasn't here for Day 1, the ship has sailed.1
I can use the fact that he flipped town as evidence that he should not have been lynched but that's not going to mean much.2

(1) How does that sentence make sense right now?
(2) Exactly, that doesn't mean much. Day1 mislynches are common and at least we
had
something in our hands. I've already posted about it many times.

In post 917, uctriton00 wrote:
(post has been edited by me)
Second is Regfan you also were a driving force of getting ZZZX lynched for claiming role cop. I'm still in the mind that Role Cop can be a very good pro-town role, and I think it was fished out, with very poor reasoning.1

With both you and Aninem pointing at heph, I do feel like a possible bus is occurring. I know that Aninem is saying that I am a heph partner2, which seems like an intentional setup, problem is that the town is winning (we survived one NK) so if that's how scum "want to do it", i.e. trade heph for me, scum is playing a losing game.2

(1) I strongly disagree. Firstly, how the f-ck would be a Rolecop THAT useful? Even if they target scum some rules are absolutely NOT alignment-tells (eg. a Jailkeeper)
(2) And that logic is a WIFOM, in my opinion. "What if the scums are just making an opportunistic wagon?" – that may be true for almost every wagon...

In post 918, uctriton00 wrote:gameplay, is heph being bussed, and is he bussing back against aninem?

??? In that post-context I simply don't get this post at all.

______

By the way, I can explain my post about Gameplay right now.

Spoiler:
I replaced into Normal#1601, taking Csareo's place. My predecessor performed a terrible play... but at that point I was the only one who knew that he was a VT. Gameplay's posts 'till that point were very similar to Csareo's. Thats'why I started thinking that Gameplay must be town because his play resembled me to someone whose alignment is known by me. That's what I called "MissMarple-ing".

No surprise, Csareo had got plenty of votes on Day1 there – unfortunately, his slot had been lynched before I arrived but noone had noticed it. So, we lynched someone else and the mistake was pointed out on Day2 – as a conclusion the game needed to be abandoned.
That's the reason why I can explain that post now and why I was forbidden to do so earlier.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:32 pm

Post by Regfan »

Sorry, been busy with Fathers Day stuff all day, should be able to get to this in a few hours.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:14 pm

Post by Siveure DtTrikyp »

In post 925, Aneninen wrote:(1) Okay, but Saki is officially on V/LA as far as I can remember. Your vote is pointless.
(2) I agree. Where were these paranoid thoughts on Day1?
(3) That's a good point. Many of us agreed with that logic, I mean, choosing an obviously scum-benefit PR means that the slot is most likely scum.
(4) It's not weird. After a long stall the players has become active again. It's no surprise that we eventually getting more reads on each other. Scumreads too.

1) You do remember when the saki vote happened, right?
2) Are you seriously expecting me to control paranoia?
4) Eh. Yeah.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:50 am

Post by Aneninen »

(1) Sorry, I've misrepresented your post. I thought you
would
vote for Saki soon. And yes, I remember.
(2) Of course not. I've just pointed that out once more.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:29 am

Post by Regfan »

Far too drained, will have to be tomorrow morning.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:24 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 905, Regfan wrote:Think about how many people in this game have already said "If we lynch a scum in the 4's the rest are town"

i don't think anyone has said that, but sure whatever, i suppose it's possible for a scum team to play completely suboptimally in hopes of wifoming based on number picks (though, to be frank, i don't give two shits about who chose what number and it probably won't ever factor into my reads for the same reason i don't care about NKA or anything like that)

putting that aside, i still think his posts about the number choices here look more townish than scum-going-for-wifom-while-stating-it's-wifom (and yeah, i am aware that scum can do this, i just don't think that's what was happening here)

In post 909, hephaestus wrote:So essentially Sala went " hm let me pick this useless power role and make it even more useless!" That's what you're saying?

look, fuckwit, i never said vig was a "useless" role (especially in a game with even numbers alive) and while i think claiming it is suboptimal, if it draws potential interference away from other power, then that's not actually a bad thing. even worst case scenario where there's a scum redirector, it becomes incredibly easy to figure out who the redirector is just by analysis of number picks. ergo if scum have ways to prevent the vig, then it's probably good for town in the long run if they waste abilities on it

that said, i still think claiming was not the best choice but sala has a different philosophy than i do when it comes to stuff like that

and your stance here is awful

In post 909, hephaestus wrote:You didn't even address half of what I said, twice

if you're talking about stuff sala did that was supposedly scummy, then i don't know what you're expecting here
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Hershey Kiss
Hershey Kiss
Townie
Hershey Kiss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:47 pm

Post by Hershey Kiss »

In post 902, zMuffinMan wrote:ok let's make it simple

how exactly do you imagine that played out in the scum QT?

sala: "gosh darn it, i am just so mad that town mislynched today. gosh darn it. i can't put up with a town that plays this badly. i am replacing out because it infuriates me when scum wins games"

or something like that?

I don't know. All I know is I don't see how he knew. It's not like that was the only point I made anyway. And Anen made a few good ones too
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:42 pm

Post by Saki »

hi I'm back
retired
LoL - Atlantica / Viera Assassin (NA)
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
GTKAS: Saki
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:47 pm

Post by Regfan »

Just finished catching up and there's nearly nothing there.

It's getting close to the point where this game might as well be called off, mods vanished, no idea when the deadline is anymore and there's literally a slot that's going to go 2 entire day phases without making a single content type post not to mention the sheer number of players that are happy not doing anything.

In post 917, uctriton00 wrote:I don't like Venrob's play (as his vote on Anatole was really insufficiently used; all he did was say 'tis logical, unless I missed other stuff, but I'm too lazy to really care at the moment again). That's already one strike against the Regfan spot. Second is Regfan you also were a driving force of getting ZZZX lynched for claiming role cop. I'm still in the mind that Role Cop can be a very good pro-town role, and I think it was fished out, with very poor reasoning.

So much of your reads seem to be based around "X did Y to Antole", it's getting stupid, there's lots to comment on that doesn't involve Antole - what do you think of my big reads catch up post, what do you think of my reasoning behind my Heph scum read at the moment? What do you think about
anything
non-Antole related. And you must have missed it but I want links to games you've replaced into in the past (As both alignments would be nice).
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:56 pm

Post by Aneninen »

At least Saki's back, Regfan.

That's all I can do now:

_____

Unofficial Vote Count

Hephaestus
(5): Regfan, Flubbernugget, zMuffinMan, gameplay506, Siveure DtTrikyp, (L–2)
Regfan
(2): Saki, uctriton00,
uctriton00
(2): Aneninen, Hershey Kiss,
gameplay506
(1): Hephaestus,

Not Voting (4): Aafter, Elmo TeH AzN

With 12 Left it Takes 7 to lynch

Deadline is in ??? (We should get some extra time due to replacements, inactive slots, etc.)

(In my previous VC the third name on the Hephaestus wagon should have been zMuffinMan rather than Hephaestus, sorry for that.)
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:44 am

Post by burn_209 »

My internet is finally back! Sorry for the delay. With the new internet everything will be new and improved and more on time

Vote Count incoming
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:55 am

Post by burn_209 »

Ok Ill give a 4 day extension to the game in part due to my absence and the inactives that I havent been able to keep up on.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:59 am

Post by burn_209 »

Vote Count

Hephaestus (5): Regfan, Flubbernugget, zMuffinMan, gameplay506, Siveure DtTrikyp, (L–2)
Regfan (2): Saki, uctriton00,
uctriton00 (2): Aneninen, Hershey Kiss,
gameplay506 (1): Hephaestus,

Flubber
zMuffinMan
Siv
Saki
uctriton
Aneninen
Hershey

Not Voting (4): Aafter, Elmo TeH AzN

With 12 Left it Takes 7 to lynch

Deadline is in (expired on 2014-09-12 00:01:00)
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:01 am

Post by burn_209 »

Aafter will be replaced as soon as possible
hephaestus
hephaestus
Goon
hephaestus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:56 am

Post by hephaestus »

In post 917, uctriton00 wrote:Then again, if heph really is town (and is just a VI, which can explain things about his meta), then it'd be a waste.

Ha ha ha sod off

In post 918, uctriton00 wrote:gameplay, is heph being bussed, and is he bussing back against aninem?

In post 921, gameplay506 wrote:
Also he points fingers at Muffin and Annenien mainly and still doesn't vote them.

I'm not even scum reading Anen
hephaestus
hephaestus
Goon
hephaestus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:57 am

Post by hephaestus »

In post 921, gameplay506 wrote:
In post 861, hephaestus wrote:Null
Aafter - hmm
uctriton - not really leaning one way or the other yet
Aneninen - mild buddying, especially don't like the way he's being apologetic about his votes. but otherwise his play doesn't seem too scummy to me

Scum
Muffin - still in my scum block. I guess reading back I can see Sala just having weird reasoning/playstyle but idk why those things went completely unexamined yesterday. asked for an explanation repeatedly but never got one. don't have a read on muffin individually yet but he hasn't contributed that much and his vote on me was kinda easy tbh.
Flubber - lots of fluff and weird reasoning
gameplay - been going back and forth about him
but he has got to be scum
. also like i said his vote on me while maintaining that i'm town i mean seriously?

Like what does the bolded shit even mean. I have to be scum because? If you had a townread on everyone else I would have seen it but you have 3 (4) other null reads lol. And it is just really scummy how he says it. Reminds me of newb scum.

Also he points fingers at Muffin and Annenien mainly and still doesn't vote them. Pure wtf. In the end he votes me without even mentioning me after his reads post.

Proof that gameplay's vote on me is 100% omgus btw
hephaestus
hephaestus
Goon
hephaestus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:06 am

Post by hephaestus »

gameplay the reason I elaborated on my Muffin and Anen reads is because i was asked to. If you want to know why I'm scum reading you just take a look at what you're doing tbh

You have to be scum because your behaviour can't be explained from a town point of view which is what i was going back and forth about initially. It's an expression lrn2english
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:18 am

Does gameplay's behaviour make sense as scum?

If not, then why are you assuming weird random deviation from the norm is scum only?

Also guys I'm being a total lurksack :D
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:36 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 932, Hershey Kiss wrote:It's not like that was the only point I made anyway

your point is exactly that. you are suggesting that uctriton "knew" sala replaced out in anger because he's scum with sala(me), which implies sala replaced out in anger, which implies he was angry about... what? a town lynch? how does that even make sense?

In post 932, Hershey Kiss wrote:Anen made a few good ones too

like?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:06 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Ye I am totally scum. Hepha die
hephaestus
hephaestus
Goon
hephaestus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:23 am

Post by hephaestus »

In post 926, Aneninen wrote:Hephaestus-mix.

In post 926, Aneninen wrote:913 – and this vote is a WTF

Just because
you
think gameplay is town doesn't mean I can't vote him
I already mentioned/explained my read on him earlier

And tbh I don't care for this "sometimes VIs seem scummy even though they're not so let's assume scummy looking players are town" rhetoric.

@Siv: sure it's not good scum play, but yeah scum has reason to do the things he's doing like opportunistic voting and being purposefully useless whereas there is
no
reason why town (including VIs) would flip flop like that and constantly contradict themselves.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:33 am

Post by gameplay506 »

No scum nor town benefit from an attitude like mine.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:00 am

Heph, just because all we see is gameplay being a total VI doesn't mean there's more to read for other players.

Do you have any tells that aren't based on anti-town behaviour?
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:03 am

Post by gameplay506 »

I am not a total VI. I am just a VI

Return to “Completed Open Games”