Verbose Mafia 2 - Post or Perish (Game Over)

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:34 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

"Et tu, Brute? Then fall, Commodore Amazing!"

PetroleumJelly scratches her nose absentmindedly.

"Fiasco and Werebear, my dearies: oh my yes, Masons three have MikeBurnFire, Cogito Ergo Sum and myself been since the beginning of this strange journey. I am indeed Sister Mary Loquacious, in the Order of the Chattering Nuns. We are all confirmed innocents: I only asked Cogito out loud to assure the town was aware that there is no chance of a mixed Masonry, and as a method to make our Masonry slightly less obvious to the casual observer.

"I have left numerous hints at my role throughout the course of time spent throughout this island.

"In my first talking, I mentioned the word 'habit' twice, which is of course, common nun attire. I also mentioned my habit of misplacing things: in particular, the Antichrist, as chronicled in the fictional novel 'Good Omens'.

"In my second talking, I chastised Fritzler by slapping him on the wrists with a ruler: a stereotypical Nun-like thing to do. Further, my quote of 'the old tables are always the best, if you ask me' is distinct parallel from Page 28 of Good Omens, where I am noted to have remarked 'the old names are always the best, if you ask me'. I will also apologize to Fritzler for slapping him on the wrists at this time.

"In my third talking, my quote of 'I believe this one's yours, Turbovolver... The other one's... er... someone else's' also runs a distinct parallel from Page 29 of Good Omens, where I am noted to have remarked 'This one's yours. The other one's... er... someone else's'.

"In my fourth talking, I mention the word 'toesywosies', which I am distinctly chronicled in saying on Page 17 of Good Omens.

"In my sixth talking, I asked Kelly Chen about playing pranks in Bible School on those children who
chose not to sin
, which was a reference to the fact that I am indeed a Satanist.

"And in my ninth talking, I asked the Silent Speaker to help me find new clothes because dark clothes were quite hot in the sun, which is consistent with my wearing a Nun's habit.

"Further, I have shown my femininity this entire time on this island, which surely cannot have been ignored. I can assure you that the fact that none of Cogito Ergo Sum, MikeBurnFire, or myself has never tried to throw suspicion on each other nor vote each other is not pure happenstance. We have all been together since the very beginning.

"I know I have dropped other hints, but these should be sufficient to prove my integrity. Not only that, but
all three
of us are on Commodore Amazing's bad hanging list, and I can assure that such is not pure happenstance.

"I am also of the opinion that Seol is by far the best candidate for today. He has an exceedingly weak claim, and an exceedingly weak and unconfirmable night action."

Nominate: Seol
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:48 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Ah, so it has become public. Truly, yes, petroleumjelly is a fellow masonist.

In my tenth speaking period, I said "Common generalizations taste rotten. Getting some more ...." and "Perhaps the right letters may jump lips later, yet ...".

In case you are missing the point, C-G-T-R-G-S-M and P-T-R-L-M-J-L-L-Y were the hidden messages. I haven't really posted anything about satanism, and I didn't do any research on the book of Good Omens, but that's okat because, as I said before, masonry trumps satanism.

As for my fellow mason's suspicions, it is true that Seol has been the topic of discussion lately at night. His claim is weak, simply put. Then again, this seems to be a strange game in itself.

On a lighter note, it seems that Fiasco seems to have picked up a restricion! I will now take this opportunity to laugh at him. It's hard to understand his broken English, but I believe I know what you are addressing. I've referred to myself with male-type pronouns throughout the game like "he". That's because I didn't leave any flavor-related clues. PJ and Cogito did. I have only the one restriction, anything else is a misundstanding. I don't think I've lied about anything so far, but I bungled Commodore's audition the first time to see what it would do.

I didn't open the Wikipedia page. Or maybe I skimmed it, I don't remember. I just know I'm a Satanic mason, and that's all i needed to know.

Also, I believe I just told Cogito to "cross his T's". Add that to another stupid thing I've done this game. I meant to remind him of his restriction, but forgot that he needed to say an "N" word next, not a "T" word. So... don't misinterpret that.

Goggles the Mole.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:34 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Nomination Count:

Seol: 3 (Cogito Ergo Sum, petroleumjelly, VitaminR)
Fiasco: 2 (Commodore Amazing, mikeburnfire)
Cogito Ergo Sum: 1 (Werebear)
VitaminR: 1 (mikeburnfire)

Commodore Amazing: Automatic
Tamuz: Automatic
Werebear: Automatic
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:27 pm

Post by Commodore Amazing »

Werebear, how do you propose we clear the masons after we lynch Cogito? If we lynch Cogito, and he comes up as the role he claims, does that clear the other two masons for you? Are you expecting him to come up as Satan? I'm sorry, but this still sounds a lot like doing the scum's work for them.

the silent speaker, I'd sure hope that if Seol turns up town that everyone can buy that I'm confirmed. I'll still do the bear pursuit if necessary. It seems that killing yourself in order to confirm yourself is the new thing to do (good job, Fritzler).
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:27 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Commodore Amazing, what? Even more than that, wtfbbqmtv? I never said town Seol=scum CA. I said the exact opposite of that. But
scum
Seol -- which your role indicates as a probability nearing certainty -- means that you have no clearance whatever.

What this
means
is that we should lynch Seol, if it's between the two of you, and leave you alone. But I said that already.

What I want from you in the meanwhile is not ursine pursuit, as you seem to think. I enjoined you to tell all you know and suspect about the caesars. You still haven't done this.

Since the odds are vanishingly small of mike and Cogito
and
petroleumjelly all being liars,
nominate: Seol, VitaminR, Fiasco.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:20 pm

Post by Thok »

I agree (as I have mentioned earlier today) taht testing teh list is a good play for today. I guess taht lynching Seol accomplishes taht as well as lynching CA. I will only nominate Seol, since I tihnk more choices might distract us. Altohugh we would have an interesting question of how to proceed if Seol turned up scum.

Also, if Seol is scum, it would make teh mental quandry town had several days ago (about whetehr to lynch LML, Pooky, or Seol) have a bizarre result.

Nominate Seol
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:06 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Although I never do feel safe with a potential scummasons around. If ours are scummasons then they have certainly done a huge amount for this. I'm unsure if I can see mafia setting up for a claim they will need to do very early. Afraid I totally don't understand the reason the third mason couldn't be revealed yesterday as opposed to today.

I still don't follow the claim of Lord Sutch the most and mmight I add that the Lord Sutch act is an old tactic. Your enemy is most likely to slip by your radar when they are right under your nose. Sutch happens to be sitting under our nose all day, doesn't he? That and he really is on the list and on top of that has a weaker claim than the rest of our list in my personal oppinion. I think he would be a fair enough kill.
nominate VitaminR
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:42 pm

Post by SpamWise »

Seol's claim, and his subsequent confirmation are indeed quite weak. So one of my nominations shall go towards him.

The problem with Lord Sutch's claim is that there isn't really a good possible outcome for the town. In my opinion the best (and I use the term loosely) possible outcome would be for us to deliberately starve him of nominations. At least that way we do not lose a day, but it's possible we lose a townie. Which isn't the best move at this point in time.

Another possibility is if Gallileo investigates Lord Sutch, and tells us what he finds. Of course, that would require absolute trust in Gallileo. So for the moment, I am inclined to play it safe and leave VitaminR alone, so...so to speak.

Nominate:Seol
"The sky will cover you when you fall down"
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:40 am

Post by Werebear »

Commodore Amazing, when the SK was lynched, we were informed as such. I'm banking that either 1) they're not who they say they are, or 2) They are who they say they are, and will be marked as evil once one is dead.

Next question - were the three sisters satanists in the book? I know the one gave birth to Satan. But were they satanists?? Because it would be yet another discrepancy if they weren't, wouldn't it?

To the satan worshippers - All three of you agree you're confirmed innocents. Well, of course you do. I'm hoping for something other than your words to confirm you. That's all.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:57 am

Post by Werebear »

One more note - I said I'd do this, and I actually did. Go figure. Two days ago, Tamuz, Fritzler, and I were apparently the only three who didn't talk enough for our captor's liking. So, we were the three who weren't allowed out two nights ago, when there were no kills. I personally find this very suspicious, and am going to be watching the other two more carefully. Again, I understand this makes me more suspicious as well, but it's something I think the town should be aware of. Now if something happens to me, the information will not be lost.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:01 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

All three of us are satanist nuns, it's a satanist order. Gave birth to Satan? No, sorry. We made a baby switch, so the Antichrist could grow up in the family of an American diplomat, but that's all we really did in the whole Satan vs. God thing.

If one of us were to die, he would come up as a Chattering Nuns. That should confirm us. I mean, we may be satanists, but we don't kill people. Our roles don't make sense as mafia.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:04 am

Post by Fritzler »

The thing I still dont understand is, why couldn't they claim yesterday? How would it show up? I agre chattering nuns makes sense in this game though.

Also werebear, according to your info, since I am dead already, that makes you or tamuz scum. So, yea. Thanks for the iformation about that.
Surfs up dude.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:11 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Well, this way Mike, pj and me are all still alive. I could claim yesterday an sich, but neither Mike nor me was on the lynching block at that point, so I saw no reason why I couldn't wait till today to claim fully and so I did.

I knew we'd be able to dispel any suspicions of us being cultists and that we had a decent claim.

I'm also not sure this town has real power roles and I feel a masonic presence in the endgame would be very useful to the town. Mike and me were looking somewhat suspicious, so I didn't feel making us a juicier target would be such a good idea.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:16 am

Post by Tamuz »

nominate Wearbear

As I already deemed my ability worthless, I messed my post restriction on purpose that second day to see if anyone would notice such a thing, or attack me for it, or especially if that second night was killless. But again, I missed it on purpose to see if someone were to attempt to totally frame me for it. I think you trying is doesn't bode well for you. Then again, what you are saying is "If I die, kill Tamuz".

This means you expect yourself to come up innocent-ish upon death, much like LML. This belief in correlation with your no ost restriction makes me believe you'd be godfatherly, you don't show guilty upon investigation nor death, and you aren't bounded by words like the rest of us.

In simplicity, I see Lord Sutch and Werebear as our two best kills for the day, with a kill of a 'mason' being desirable of course, for I won't trust them without such assurance. I will review my nomination of Sutch at a nomination count so I can see if we can force him off the block, to see what our enemy is like away from our dearest hearts.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:51 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

PetroleumJelly lowers her eyes in an annoyed fashion, and sets her jaw firmly.

"Tamuz and Werebear, have you really given much thought to the Masons? For days you have been trying to cast suspicion on us. I say your attack is unjustified.

"Some of this argument will
of course
be classified as 'wine in front of me', but that does not take away from it's inherent truthfulness. Give it a moment of thought and you will realize your aspersions towards us are quite ridiculous.

"Firstly: Now that we are in the open, upon reviewing this game, it is very apparent that all three of us were together ever since the beginning of the game. We all dropped role hints, and MikeBurnFire explicitly encrypted our names into one of his conversation pieces. No other names were in that encryption, and that is because there are no other members in our Masonry, and that there will be no other players here who will be affiliated with us.

"Secondly: Our roles match our restrictions. As a Satanist, Cogito Ergo Sum (Sister Grace Voluble) must say SATAN each day when sifting through her first five posts each day seeing that she is a Satanist. Sister Gabriella Gregarious must use include "gg" in each of her posts, as she is vain about her name (GG being her monogram). I, Sister Mary Loquacious, must address at least one person directly in each of my speeches, as I am in the Order of the Chattering Nuns, and I am somewhat of a gossip.

"Thirdly: We have never
once
tried to cast suspicion on each other, and this is an inherently Masonic thing to do. Scum, on the other hand, naturally will try to dissociate themselves from their partners, whereas we have made it blatantly obvious that we will not do so.

"Fourthly: We have clearly not gained
any
other members into our Masonry (if you for whatever reason suspect us to be a cult), as you ought to be able to see. There have been five nights in this game, and if we had converted even in only three of those nights, there should by definition by six (maximum of eight) of us, which would be enough to declare a cult win. Also, a cult that
begins
with three players is utterly preposterous, especially with what seems to be so few killing roles in this game.

"Fifthly: As all of you can clearly see upon looking at the death scenes, all of the deaths so far seem to be attributed to Pooky, the late Serial Killer, who clearly forced others to commit suicide using telepathy. To say that we are responsible for any deaths (although I suppose you could feebly argue the death of Pooky) is quite absurd.

"Sixthly: It certainly cannot be expected that in a game with twenty players, there is no Masonry. This is of course not guaranteed, but there have also been
no other
Masonry claims during the entire course of this game. That is because we
are
the Masonry.

"Seventhly: I simply cannot imagine a scum group who would set up a fake Masonry claim on Day One in a twenty player game, when there is
clearly
a high chance of there being another
actual Masonry

"Eighthly: If we were actually scum, if even
one
of us were to be lynched, or otherwise nightkilled (from an alternate scum group, a Serial Killer, a Vigilante, or a role such as claimed by Commodore Amazing) we would all be lined up and killed in a row. I have never in my life seen scum that have presented themselves in such a manner to the town, as being all connected with
no chance
of a mixed Masonry, on the off-chance that they would go through the
entire game
unscathed.

"Ninethly: There was a
very good
reason Cogito Ergo Sum and MikeBurnFire did not name-claim yesterday, and that is because it would make it blatantly obvious that I am the third and final Mason. Seeing as the Masonry now holds 1/4 of the town, we are a
very
strong voting bloc that the scum will have to deal with eventually:
unless
the town is so stupid as to do their work for them and lynch us. We are probably the strongest force that is helpful to the town now that we are this far along in the game. Trying to paint us as evil is a waste of time when you should be searching for actual scum.

"Tenthly: To address Werebear in specific, I am surprised that you said you were
expecting
us to claim that we are each guaranteed innocent! From my experience, of late, Masonries
are not
guaranteed innocent, simply so that there will be distrust amongst the Masonry which would arise from the possibility of a mixed Masonry. Guaranteed Masons are no longer common in the least.

"Eleventhly: Most people seem to be of the opinion that LoudMouthLee was indeed scum, and as you can see, the Masonry was clearly against him. Either you think that only three members of the same scum group decided to try a fake claim at a Masonry while attacking its own partners, or you must believe there are two seperate scum groups. And considering the paucity in kills we have had, I cannot see anybody defending such a view at this point.

"Twelfthly: As we have heard from Fiasco, he says that all of the scum are indeed Popes. We are clearly not popes, nor are our restrictions related to popes. If you believe we are scum, then you must necessarily believe Fiasco is lying scum.

"And thirteenthly: As we have heard from Commodore Amazing (who has been recently 'cleared' by Seol) all three of us are on the 'not good hanging' list, and that is not a mere coincidence. The fact is we are not good targets for lynching, and we never will be. If scum want to get rid of us, force them to nightkill us. And again, if you believe that Commodore Amazing is scum with us, then you must necessarily believe that Fiasco is also scum with us (and perhaps even Seol by association since he recieved an innocent result on Commodore Amazing).

"The fact is that it is quite unfeasible for the Masonry to be scum whatsoever. I ask that you move along and try to do something constructive, rather than something destructive. We have a set deadline for each of our lynchings, and focusing on us when it should be quite clear we are not where your eyes should be looking is squandering the little opportunity we have to root out the true evil.

"Seeing as Tamuz and Werebear are already automatically on the lynching block, however, there is not need to nominate them. I will, however, nominate Fiasco, who has also shown that he is uncomfortable with the Masonry, and conveniently cannot share his 'information' he was supposed to get. He also only received that chance at information because I
unvoted
him and pushed for others to do so, otherwise he would be dead. His lack of graciousness is quite apalling."

Nominate: Fiasco
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:58 am

Post by VitaminR »

The silent speaker, you still haven't answered my question. Why am I so SCUMMY?

Tamuz, what do you find weak? My role or my role name?

I don't agree with Werebear's persistence in pursuing the masons, but it casts him in a distinctly pro-town light. Although this provides nothing concrete, it is enough for me to greatly prefer a Seol lynch.

I'm not at all sure about Tamuz's reasoning concerning his restriction. You messed up your restriction to see if anyone would notice? Why not use a useless ability? No harm in it. In the case of a tracker, using it can even potentially confirm you.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:02 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Mod Note:
Seol has not posted in the second real-time day of the game Day, and has therefore used his "miss".

Also, the silent speaker will be unable to post between Wednesday night and Saturday night for religious reasons. No temporary replacement has yet been found.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:12 am

Post by Tamuz »

PJ, I do not like such strong voting blocks that I know arent confirmed. There was a time long ago, as our departed friend Adele would have remembered, when we were in a similar situation... I in the guise of Bugsy Malone. She was in a masonic group, but I just could not totally trust her group when she threatened to be more than half the town. This is more my natural suspicion. I cannot so much suspend my disbelief although the chances of the Masonic group being bad is staggeringly low. However, I am forced to allow that idea to tickle the back of my mind. I would not be myself if I were to do otherwise.

Lord Sutch, I find both weak, and as one who has many enemies, I cannot help but watch for my enemies being close, right under my nose, rather than further out. As to my restriction and ability. I do not believe my ability would be able to be tracked, as it involves speaking to me that is not mine, nor can I guide it. I was hoping to pull a gambit in light of the missing kills. I felt that if I got attacked for such a thing it would most likely be scum looking for a scapegoat. I, of course, would be a lovely scapegoat, but in retrospect I would be instrumental in discovery. More to this later when there is necessity of speech. For now, I do not see it so much.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:52 am

Post by Seol »

To answer a query from Commodore a day or two ago, my result is quite unambiguous - I would either find out he was good or bad. Obviously, I discovered he was good. This tallies with my win condition (not word-for-word, but close enough).

As for the case against myself, it appears to be an assessment not of
me
per se, but of my "weak claim", to which all I can say is - that's my role. There's nothing I can say about the ability - sure, it doesn't provide a train of results which can clear me, but how is that weaker than, for example, Sutch's effectively vanilla role? As for the name-claim, given the mason claim, does it still seem so weak? I can also cite the stances I've taken - pro-CES, anti-Pooky (not that it proves anything), anti-LML. Some wrong stances too, but nobody's perfect.

Are our masons scum? I think it's unlikely. There's a lot of support for their claim. The only thing that worries me is that maybe they knew about the limited-reveal, and chose to use that to their advantage (as they couldn't be proven scum by it), but that assumes a lot of foreknowledge to the scum. Then again, informed minority vs uninformed majority....?

It doesn't seem hugely surprising they're not dead as it's already been discussed that if necessary we'd have to kill them - giving the scum a free kill and possibly even a guaranteed mislynch when the time is right. It may be we have to place our trust in them and just reason that the combined plausibility of no masons plus scum knowing there's no masons plus scum putting all eggs in one basket despite risk of cross-kills and investigations and
doing so from day 1
when the hints began is enough to trust them. After all, it's not like a 3-man Mason group is uncommon. If there are any vigilantes or investigative roles left, VERIFYING THE MASONS SHOULD BE THE NUMBER ONE JOB. I don't expect that opportunity will come up though.

Cogito, you said you discussed overnight why I'm the "correct lynch" for today. Please explain. Is it simply the claim?

Can we trust Commodore's results? If we can, then it's fairly clear here on out. He's not lying (unless he's a GF, and though I keep seeing scum tells from him, I think that's just confirmation bias), the question is how open the results are to interpretation (and/or GF tampering?). The presence of all 3 masons on the cleared list makes it look more feasible, though, and I suspect that one of the claimed information roles is scum.... and with Commodore cleared and me cleared (to me, anyway), that points towards Fiasco (who, just as it happens, is useless until dead). Fiasco and VitaminR are the remaining NAGHs (apart from myself) and I'm increasingly inclined to think that it's plausible it's correct. Yes, I realise that reflects badly on me.

There's even the argument that if Fiasco's telling the truth, we'll get useful information when he dies which will help us further puzzle the situation out. I'm thinking Fiasco is the right lynch ATM.

I don't trust Werebear's baying for blood. I especially don't like the reasons he cites. He's my only non-NAGH nomination. VitaminR, why do you think his persistence casts him in a pro-town light?

nominate: Fiasco, VitaminR, Werebear
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:24 am

Post by Fiasco »

Angering. Enraging. Pay *attention*! Hate wasting words.

Millionth time: Mike *unlisted*. Denying scummy.

"All scum Popes"? Unsaid. "Useless until dead"? Untrue. Other factual, logic errors.

Mike: "more than one restriction", "Satanic restriction", "eerily similar", "hardly findable". Unambiguous lies. Lal. Mason case decent otherwise.

Mason option. Seol best lynch otherwise.

Laser.
"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken." - Oliver Cromwell
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:44 am

Post by the silent speaker »

VitaminR, you have one of the weakest claims. Your "I'll die if you test me" strikes me as awfully convenient. You are on Commodore Amazing's scummy list; not many others are, and I'm voting for them. There are a couple of extra points too, but those are not for this close to the ucpoming holiday. I'm just posting this to squeeze another day in under the wire.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:04 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Nomination Count:

Seol: 6 (Cogito Ergo Sum, petroleumjelly, SpamWise, the silent speaker, Thok, VitaminR)
Fiasco: 5 (Commodore Amazing, mikeburnfire, petroleumjelly, Seol, the silent speaker)
VitaminR: 4 (mikeburnfire, Seol, Tamuz, the silent speaker)
Cogito Ergo Sum: 1 (Werebear)

Commodore Amazing: Automatic
Tamuz: Automatic
Werebear: Automatic

Mod Note:
Deadline for Nominations is in approximately 18 hours.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:34 pm

Post by Werebear »

The temptation to respond that cults recruit members, and the support you're being given is by your recruits, but I have a different statement to make.

You know, I've said this before, but I mean it this time. I give up. I've fought the good battle. I'm not going to start stretching into cover roles, or specific intructions on how to cover. If indeed you are killers, people can at least say there was one voice trying to find the truth. And if indeed I was mistaken, then nobody can say the trail I was following wasn't a logical one laid by our captors. So Cogito, even though my suspicions are fully what they were before - and I still believe you and your compadres scum (and who says there's only three?), I am unvoting you. Time will either vindicate me, or those who have other ideas will lead the town to victory.

You know, this reminds me of part of a story by a man called David Eddings... where Polgara laid a curse upon a man that he would be forced to tell the truth where-ever he went, but nobody would ever believe him. I've pointed out a half dozen flaws in the masons, and I can't help but feel that if one person said "Hey, Werebear claimed, and his claim isn't found in the guide like everyone else", or indeed just one of the flaws I've found in the alleged masons, I would have been strung up quicker than a salami in Italy. But enough of this.

Unnominate: Cogito Ergo Sum
, and going on my logic,
Nominate: Tamuz
, who appears willing to tell the town anything they want to hear.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:41 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Seol, you sadden me. We three masons have come forward. If you think we're still suspicious then fine, but there's no need to 'confirm' us. We have no vigilante, or at least that's what I assume, but even if we did I do not want him to kill us. C'mon... I know this boils down to a WIFOM argument, but has there actually been a game where three mafiosos claimed masons and won scot-free?

No seriously, has there? That would be an intersting game to review....

And no, verifying us masons should not be the "NUMBER ONE JOB"-- Finding the scum is NUMBER ONE JOB.

Fiasco, speak-a da Engrish! You call me 'unlisted'... is this referring to my position on Commodore's list? If you don't think I belong on the "NAGH" list because of my poor acting then so be it, but my masonbuddies are on the list, and therefore so am I by proxy.

I claimed Satanic restriction because I wanted to help Cogito without revelaing myself. It's not really a lie... I need to say a word with "GG", which is also my initials. Since I am a satanist, this technically means that I have to say the name of something satanic when I post. And I NEVER said I had more than one restriction. So lay off. I will unnominate you today, but I want you to justify yourself tomorrow.

Werebear, there are no flaws in our masonry. We are an unfallible force. If you are giving up on living, then there is no life to take. I shall push you towards the lyching block.

Giggity Giggity Goo!

Unnominate VitaminR, fiasco, nominate SilentSpeaker, Werebear, Seol
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:48 pm

Post by Thok »

I am currrently happpy with my nomination of Seol. I plan on giving him my vote sooon (posssibly even tomorrrow).

I am sadddened that TSSS must leave us to celebrate Pesach. Enjoy your unleavened bread.

Is it necesssary for me to recite Commmodore Amazing's line? I willl do so at town's request, but I am not convinced that it is useful; the request seems silly to me.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”